[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Perfect pet for lonely robots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: bark.jpg (66 KB, 400x363) Image search: [Google]
bark.jpg
66 KB, 400x363
You guys all need to get a barking tree frog
>cute
>Very loving. Mine will climb his tank to be closer to me and climb on my arm every time I stick it in his tank.
>Low maintenance
>fun to watch.
>>
Where can I get one

>you were muted for 2 seconds because your comment wasn't original
>>
>>28458289
What if I die and it's lonely?
>>
>>28458289
But can it REEEEEEEEEEEEE?
>>
File: Happy Toaster.jpg (23 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
Happy Toaster.jpg
23 KB, 400x330
>tfw i got a cactus recently
He's my best friend.
>>
>>28458289
I like it. How often do you have to feed it? I travel a lot for work and tend to be gone for a week at a time sometimes. Would it be lonely? Would it die? I wish I could have a pet :(
>>
>>28458289
>tfw used to have turtle
Best bro, would sit around and chill all day, he'd crawl around on the floor when I let him out his tank, he even slept inside his shell.
Too bad I forgot about feeding him
>>
>>28458448
Have a friend take him
>>
>>28458436
Your local pet shop. A cute girl introduced me to mine :)
>>
>>28458503
You could give him a bunch of crickets like once a week. He'll definitely miss you though :(
>>
>>28458709
>He'll definitely miss you though :(
That's why I haven't gotten a pet like this. I would feel too bad leaving him/her all the time
>>
Cat is godlike robot pet. They are not as needy as dogs but are just as loving otherwise. Their snuggles are superior, and they are softer. Only problem is litter box but if you have a yard that's easy to fix.

They don't require walks, they get all their excersize on their own, and letting them go outside furthers this.
>>
>>28458836
>t. Someone who has never had a dog
>>
>>28458910
>had 3 dogs and 2 cats so far

Nice try. I loved those dogs but my cat is superior.

Another thing, cats tend to get attached to a single or maybe 2 people, so they are your buddy, the one who feeds and cuddles them.

They also feel no need to bark and get pissed at people they don't know.
>>
>>28458989
I would love to have a cat but I am severely allergic. :(
>>
File: LeucisticBP.jpg (88 KB, 443x720) Image search: [Google]
LeucisticBP.jpg
88 KB, 443x720
>>28458503

You could get a snake. They only eat once every 7-14 days or so depending on age and species. Leaving them for a few days at a time is usually okay.
>>
How do I get over my fear of touching these kinds of animals, /r9k/?
I've always been like this, the kid who's scared to touch them, I hate that slimy feel of pets like frogs, or the scaley feel of pets like lizards
>>
File: spider.jpg (71 KB, 448x225) Image search: [Google]
spider.jpg
71 KB, 448x225
>>28459121
You have to think they're cute otherwise what's the point?
They're not going to hurt you. They want to be happy just as much as you do
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I have a tortoise. His name is Sergei.
It's been two years, but he's still afraid of me, what should I do to befriend him?
>>
What the fuck do i feed these guys?
I'm sure as hell not catching dead bugs and giving them those, i used to have a gecko and I would just feed him fruit, but I doubt frogs eat fruit?
>>
>>28459244
Be less agressive when you go to handle him.
Feed him calmly. Remember if you are anxious about touching him he will feel that.
>>
>>28459121
Just think that they love you. It might be true
>>
>>28459316
Pet stores sell feeder insects like crickets, worms, flies and such.

I think if I got a pet it might be a frog but it would have to be one that makes nice sounding calls and is easy to care for, I'm not sure if that kind exists

Other top pet might be a mantis, they are pretty short lived in their adult (interesting) stage as I understand it though
>>
>>28459316
Just go to a shitty pet shop and get crickets. These guys love variety though so get him some worms too occasionally
>>
R-really? Where do I find one :3
>>
Who here /pansy/?
>Brother tells me to feed his lizard, can of food is near terrarium
>open up the can expecting lizard kibble or something
>live worms squirming around
>jump 20ft in the air and shut the can
>run back to room and tell brother I fed it
I fucking hate pets who feed off of live animals, or even dead animals for that matter.
>>
I suggest a boa constrictor or a gecko
Most amphibians are too much commitment for a robot.
>>
>>28459550
>I fucking hate pets who feed off of live animals, or even dead animals for that matter.
Thats nearly every pet ever
>>
>>28459458
I think you can only get one at the pet shop
>>
>>28459586
Another reason why dog's are best pet
>>
>>28459586
A lot of them you can work around though, for example turtles you can give turtle food, lizards you can give fruits, birds you can give bird feed
>>
File: toilet_paper_.jpg (88 KB, 599x398) Image search: [Google]
toilet_paper_.jpg
88 KB, 599x398
>>28458289

Let me guess, you named him Pepe...
>>
>>28459606
Wrong. Dog food has a ton of meat in it and dogs kill shit all the time.

>>28459646
Wrong. Turtle food has animal products in it, and very few lizards can live on an all plant diet.
Even those species eat bugs when they're young.
>>
>>28458522
>Too bad I forgot about feeding him

Wtf man
>>
>>28458522
how do you forget to feed a turtle walking around your room all day?
>>
>>28459714
>>28459737
I was like 8, give me a break.
>>
>>28458522
>he even slept inside his shell
As opposed to what? Turtles can't take their shells off
>>
>>28459679
Nope, Herzog
>>
>>28459778
Some turtles sleep with their limbs poking out of their shells
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4160x5000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4160x5000
Who here /psycho/?
>beg mommy wommy for pet
>she buys fish
>purposely avoid feeding it
>it does
>give poor farewell to it and pretend to be sad
>she brings home 2 more
>do the same routine
>keep throwing tantrums over wanting a pet
>mom brings home dog
>show the dog the 3 crosses we put up in the backyard for the fish, warn him he's next
>>
>>28459882
Did the dog doed?
>>
>>28459550
Get some stick insects. They are very chill and just eat leaves. You can pick them up and they don't bite or even run away very fast. You just put in fresh leaves and give them a misting, every week clean out the dead leaves and bug poop.
>>
>>28459941
Fuck, 11/10 response.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.