[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elliot Rodger Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11
File: Elliot Rodger.jpg (29 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Elliot Rodger.jpg
29 KB, 480x640
To my fellow robots:

After spending the past month researching Elliot Rodger for my final paper at Princeton, I have come to deliver the results of my analysis and discuss the legacy of the Rodge with the members of /r9k/.

For those of you interested in the full text, I have uploaded my article here: https://www.mediafire.com/?6hxdlt93oy94dhj

For those of you uninterested in reading through 14 pages of academic drivel, I will explain my key points below for the sake of discussion.

Elliot Rodger has become a posterchild for /r9k/, a living meme that in a sense defines the essence of this board. To many, Elliot is the quintessential robot, one who has completely and utterly failed to adapt and integrate into the normie world. There is no doubt that he will be forever remembered by /r9k/ as the emblem of the Beta Uprising.

Yet, the greatest question that remains is "Who was Elliot Rodger and what does his experience tell us about the nature of robothood?" Of course, his manifesto, My Twisted World, has become a commonly studied source that tells us much about Elliot's life and his thoughts. His narrative closely resounds with many of the life experiences we have found ourselves in: failing to become accepted, becoming victims to bullies and loneliness, and ultimately being denied the normie life that many of us strived to achieve.

To the media, Elliot was nothing more than a criminally insane psychopath, one who was so delusional that he ended up becoming an indiscriminate murderer. Yet, from Elliot's narrative, we can see that although there are potentially mental factors leading to his actions, there was still a clear thought process behind his actions, and that seemingly logical conclusions were drawn, albeit with some incorrect assumptions. To this end, it would be beneficial to study Elliot through the lens of sociology rather than psychology.

(Cont.)
>>
File: Elliot 2.jpg (43 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Elliot 2.jpg
43 KB, 640x360
One of the key points I would like to address is Elliot's unrealistic expectations towards society and how his inability to acquire his dream life ultimately led to his demise. Ever since he was a child, Elliot lived a life far removed from the average robot: his family was decenly wealthy and was well connected to the upper class: Elliot went to private school for much of his early childhood, was closely tied to the Hollywood scene, and found himself experiencing glimpses of the high life, whether it be through red carpet premieres, luxurious parties, or vacations at private villas. having tasted the luxury of this life, he set his standards so high that he was not willing to settle for anything less.

To Elliot, this type of wealth and glamour became the standard of life, and he committed to the idea that money was the only thing holding him back from obtaining a normie life. Keep in mind Elliot was not a typical robot: he was not unattractive and owned all of the symbols of wealth and status: designer clothes, Giorgio Armani sunglasses, and a BMW. There was no doubt that Elliot would have appeared to be rich and elite to his peers, yet he still failed to acquire and female attention. To Elliot, this failure of material wealth to attract female attention should have drawn attention to his own flaws as a person, but he refused to acknowledge anything other than society to be wrong.

To Elliot, he was the perfect being, someone who had looks, money, and intellect, but nonetheless failed at social interactions. If he truly was flawless, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that it truly was society that was wrong? However, it was obvious to anyone else that Elliot was far from the perfect person he imagined himself to be.
>>
File: Elliot 3.jpg (86 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
Elliot 3.jpg
86 KB, 992x744
Elliot never had any motivation to accomplish the success he sought in wealth and fame. He never held a single job, for he saw manual labor to be far below him, despite realizing that he lacked the talent for anything greater. He never took any legitimate classes in college nor sought any degree, instead believing that winning the lottery was his only hope of escaping his dead end path.

From his Manifesto, it was clear that Elliot almost never made any attempts to talk to girls or become involved in any social circles. Of course, there was trauma involved from rejection in childhood, but he never sought to overcome these restrictions. Instead, he spent his time ranting online or venting his jealousy towards others. Although he spent countless hours on pick up artist sites, it seems that he truly learned little and never changed from his socially awkward self. If he had been able to become more than a wallflower that simply waited for others to approach him, and overcome his anxiety (which is much easier said than done), it would have been entirely possible for him to obtain the friend group and girlfriend that he so desperately sought.
>>
File: Proof.jpg (1 MB, 3024x2268) Image search: [Google]
Proof.jpg
1 MB, 3024x2268
That's my TLDR for Elliot, and I'll be here all night (working on Deans Date papers due tomorrow) to discuss various views on Elliot and robothood. Feel free to ask me any questions, and I'd love to hear some other views on our glorious Rodge.
>>
>>28457944
I can't read it rn, but I'll bump for you
>>
I am a junior at Princeton. What class is this for?
>>
>>28458207
You gon get put on a "potential shooters" list in some dean's office somewhere. Seriously dude, this is only a 100 level class and you're kind of sperging out and showing the faculty that you meme too much. Not that you're wrong or anything, it's just red flaggy.
>>
>>28458500
Writing sem...Hence the Dean's Date assignment. At least this seminar on mental illness and sociopathy gave me an excuse to read Elliot's manifesto, which was honestly really interesting. On the bright side, at least it's finally over
>>
>>28458537
Well, it's a seminar focusing on mental illness and sociopathy, so it's a legitimate topic. Compared to a lot of the tumblr and reddit based projects, I felt that was pretty interesting and worth discussing.
>>
>>28458537

Sounds like anyone who takes a class called "Madness and Culture" will probably be put on a list then.
>>
>>28458605
Could be, but they're probably looking for a bunch of shit like our tripfag friend said in >>28458588
(Also check'd.) with a bunch of tumblr shit. To go with the shooter angle, you're not playing your cards close enough.

OP, did you end up sympathizing with the Rodge in your paper, or what?
>>
>>28458605
There are plenty of "interesting" sound seminars, many of which end up rather disappointing. Another seminar is focused on "kinks and the modern fetish", which ends up devolving into Freudian discussion. Similar routes for "Sex on the Brain" or "Taboo and Transgression".

I suppose some of our reading was pretty interesting, such as delusional roleplayers and treatment of the clinically insane, but we never really delved too deep into sociopathy, which was what a lot those who enrolled were interested in.
>>
>>28458648
Overall, my paper was discussing whether it was correct to label Elliot Rodger as mentally ill because he shot up a school. My main argument was that although he potentially did have some form of mental condition, it was not the condition itself that caused him to commit these actions.

Sure, there can be some relatability in terms of how "normal" Elliot can seem, and that he just wanted the ideal social life. However, his approach was wrong and his narcissism prevented him from any self improvement that could have allowed him to remain a normal person, rather than go on a desperation rampage.

>>28458666
Check the trips.
>>
>>28458666
Satan trips checked also. Will you have a chance to take the fetish seminar? I would love for you to drop an in depth analysis of all kinds of fucked up fetishes you found on 4chin. Just think how fun it would be to mention "floor tiles" in a class presentation. Holy shit.
>>
>>28457944
Im basing this only on your tldr, but isn't most of this kind of obvious? These guys are always demonized, but the conditions of social bonding in our culture and how it isn't conducive to their re-entry dont seem to be a priority. It's always blame the evil psychopath, it's his fault, us normalfags aren't perpetuating anything harmful.
>>
>>28458727
Sadly, no, as you only take one writing seminar in your time here. Perhaps it could be an interesting angle to discuss in some higher-level psychology class though.

I know someone who took that class that wrote her paper on Evangelion and all of the phallic/vaginal symbolism found within the series, so I guess there may be potential there. (Yes fujoshis and anime club exist even at Princeton)

I currently have another Philosophy paper discussing the origins of "evil", so maybe I could drop some memes there too.

(And before someone calls meme major, these classes are just for GEs that everyone has to take)
>>
>>28458810
True, most of this is rather obvious, but for the sake of "scholarly argument" that is required for this assignment, I argued that currently people generally think of "mentally ill" as a first reaction for causes of shootings, whereas only those who have a deepset hatred towards other people and society would be those that commit such shootings.

My main paper focuses on comparing two professional analyses, one by a psychologist that blames everything on his mental condition (psychopathy, narcissism, delusions) while another professor emphasizes that it is the messed up social hierarchy in schools and cultural narratives of glorious revenge that would cause these urges to fight back.
>>
>>28457944
You raise some good points, but I think you're starting off on the wrong foot. Elliot raised some points about society that are an issue for a lot of people, sure, but you're missing that he was a textbook case of NPD, hence his clear exaggeration of his perfect features, and lowering everything else in society to be below him in some way, even managing to take things he felt inferior about, and use them to prove his superiority.

This can be seen most clearly in the views he had of women. Obviously he viewed them as the cause for his woes. However, when he saw a man that was successful with women, instead of feeling as if they were actually better by doing that, he turned his attention to the women themselves, acting as if they were deeply flawed for preferring those obviously inferior males to him.

Though you're right that there is a clear thought process to his actions, you're also forgetting that this is the case for every mental disorder, and it is in fact what makes them a mental disorder. A paranoid schizophrenic has a clear thought process between linking that weird look someone had on TV to their idea that there's a global conspiracy attempting to kill them, though obviously they can't express this as well due to other symptoms.

You've made some observations seemingly from his manifesto, but haven't seemed to do any research into other sources on his character (though this is just from the TLDR, not reading 14 fucking pages), and are taking his word at face value, ignoring the clear agenda he had of avoiding any responsibility for his failures, and keeping his ego elevated to the massive levels it was at.

Your concluding statement seems to be lacking to. The conclusion of "if he wasn't mentally ill, he would have functioned better" is a pretty small one to draw, and anyone could say this much.

What are you trying to do with this paper? Is it just a description or what?
>>
>>28459000
You have a point, and I acknowledge that overall my paper doesn't really make any huge sweeping arguments, as it would be beyond the scope of a single paper. (Professors are VERY strict about how much you can argue, which is generally not much).

As I mentioned in >>28458922 this paper mainly focuses on altering the approach to diagnosing potential school shooters by combining sociological factors with mental illness.

I'm not saying that Elliot is not mentally ill, as there are clear signs of narcissism and potential sociopathy, which has been well examined by psychologists. What I am arguing is that just having these mental conditions is not the leading factor that caused his shooting, which is a faulty assumption that the media and popular culture seems to construe.

So, does my argument actually make any breaking discoveries? Probably not. Instead, I treat it as a case study for a greater scholarly conversation regarding how to detect and prevent school shootings. Although it seems obvious now, a combination of deepset hatred for society and mental illness that warps moral values tends to lead to undesirable results.
>>
>>28459000
>The conclusion of "if he wasn't mentally ill, he would have functioned better" is a pretty small one to draw, and anyone could say this much.
>What are you trying to do with this paper? Is it just a description or what?
Yeah, wondering the same thing. Where's your thesis, OP? I'd be interested to read the paper depending on your thesis
>>
>>28459132
That was my only real flaw to it, it doesn't really contain any observations of your own. But give me a second, I'll skim through the whole thing and get back to you.

Speaking about the aspects of narcissism and sociopathy (which I don't agree with in this case, Elliot lacked empathy due to his narcissism, not anything else), I think it's worth mentioning that elliot had masochistic tendencies. He willingly exposed himself to situations that caused him pain, and seemed obsessed with his own suffering, something that's not necessarily related to narcissism.

I'd disagree that the mental illness isn't what caused his shooting, there's events that exacerbated it, sure, but without the mental illness, these events would either have neither occurred, or wouldn't have been a big deal to him, as they aren't for most people.
>>
>>28459159

See >>28459132

Again, I'm not trying to discover something entirely new about Elliot Rodger, given that he and his manifesto have already been analyzed to death by professional psychologists. I'm merely trying to suggest another approach to the same issue using sociological factors, which has been brought up by other scholars, but often fails to reach the media, which still profiles school shooters as primarily mentally ill individuals.

>>28459252
Ideally, I wanted to discuss the nature of mental illness as an "activator" of sorts that would allow Elliot's anger and resentment to be expressed in the form of his rampage. In this was the case:

1. People who hate society, but have no mental illness would be too scared to commit murder
2. People could be mentally ill and have no moral qualms to killing, but if they have no resentment towards society, they wouldn't do anything
3. Only a combination of both factors: both the willingness to kill, and the lack of moral conscience can bring about a case like Elliot's

However, I don't have substantial psychological or neurological research available to make this claim, and the idea was rejected by my professor. Keep in mind this is just a term paper, not a senior thesis and my time/resources were limited.

Overall, my goal was to use this as a springboard for more structured discussion on Elliot and hear some views on what Elliot truly means to this board, considering his meme status.
>>
Hey man. Did you at least listen to some phil collins while reading his manifesto?
>>
>>28459358
Okay, so I've taken the time to read through what you wrote, and it is solid, it's well written and well sourced, but I do believe that you've made an error in almost implying that social and mental factors are somehow mutually exclusive. I believe that they work together, that the social issues cause some mental ones, and it continues to spiral from there, with the mental ones causing social ones to happen, or perceiving them to at least.

Langman's a retard by the way, he's written on other school shooters, and is equally as inaccurate as here, Elliot had no delusions of grandeur, no hallucinations and no paranoid delusions. He also acts as if narcissism can't cause all the traits he attributed to psychopathy.

I'm assuming you're referencing this paper
https://schoolshooters.info/sites/default/files/rodger_personality_analysis_1.1.pdf

And he does raise some decent points in it, but he's just taken the idea of psychopathy and psychosis and ran with it here. Take what he says with a grain of salt, because it's mostly guesswork and assumptions, a lot of which are incorrect. (Elliot doesn't actually think he's god, clearly he knows he can die easily, he discusses this fact later on, he doesn't believe he has any powers, it's a metaphorical statement).

To restate though, you're splitting psychological and sociological factors into two different things arbitrarily, when they're often heavily related, if not the exact same thing.
>>
Elliot Rodger bought into the "sex is the best thing ever" meme, lacked friends, was too shy to approach women and fell into the chuuni belief that people care what you are instead of what you do.

He spent all his time "improving himself" instead of just doing whatever the fuck he wanted (which was nothing). Elliot needed to be told what to do, and the goal given to him by popular culture was "pussy." He failed at it and broke down.

This way of thinking is how you get frustrated enough to go on a shooting spree, which actually does happen if you're a school-age kid.
>>
>>28459667
I really appreciate your taking the time to read my work and give feedback.

I understand Langman has a lot of flaws in his writing and takes a lot of what Elliot wrote too literally, although the Manifesto does lend itself to misinterpretation with quotes like his "living god" statement. Especially with normies assuming that Elliot is insane given his shooting spree, it can be easily misconstrued as a literal statement. At least that's how it's sold to the masses.

I suppose my main argument rests on the idea that society currently treats sociological and psychological factors as entirely separate, with psychologists like Langman assuming that everything is based on mental illnesses. The main problem is that studies like this do not consider the social factors that I seek to discuss through Newman's work. If anything, a combination of both factors, particularly in how they interact with each other, would greatly increase the degree of understanding of Elliot and others in similar situations as him.
>>
>>28458123
>Elliot never had any motivation to accomplish the success he sought in wealth and fame.
It's hard to believe that a Princeton student is such an awful writer.
>>
>>28459782
Mang what songs did you listen while reading his manifesto? Howard jones is recommended
>>
>>28459875
I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to reread it, although I'll stick to Ctrl+F for citations for now.
>>
>>28459924
Holy he'll I wish they were to make a dark comedy on his life it would be gold
>>
>>28459782
No worries, you seem interested in the topic.

Langman does do that a lot, yeah, I think he's more interested in making a statement than giving accurate diagnosis really, hence why he just assumes stuff is meant literally, and used the word psychopath instead of the actual diagnosis of Narcissistic personality disorder, which fits him far better.

I agree completely though, that a combination of the two forms of studying these incidents is absolutely superior to understanding why they happen, neither on its own does enough to fully explain them. If that's your major argument though, I'd recommend you make this clearer, because it doesn't tie together at any point really. Mention in the foreword that that's what you're trying to say, and say it again in the conclusion, mention that the only way to accurately understand these things is via a synthesis of the two fields, and that the isolationist attitude of both people like Langman and Newman is not only insufficient, but also directly harmful to our understanding.
>>
>>28459988
There's definitely plenty of material available from his manifesto. Honestly, it would be pretty interesting to have a movie about his life, considering how "normal" yet different it is from the average person's. It would be quite a dark spin on a typical slice of life story, but I'm sure there would be quite a few people wanting to see how a seemingly "ordinary" kid would become a school shooter.
>>
>>28459924
Anyways, man your right when the fucking normies see a shooting on TV "muh gun laws, muh he was crazy" they fail to understand the real motive why he did it. Society is the problem. They have standards and rules you must meet if you do not meet these requirements your expelled as an outcast. Then the fucking normies have the audacity to blame the person " oh he was a creep oh he was weird"
>>
>>28460040
Once again, thank you for your feedback, and I see I could have made my point clearer in terms of my main argument. Your conclusion really hits the nail on the head in terms of what my paper wants to discuss.

>>28460092
Yup, this class was designed to focus on understanding the misunderstood, particularly those who are judged to be insane or incompetent, and finding ways to grant them a voice. I felt that the robot "class" was definitely something worth discussing, particularly as America's unusually high school shooting rate should serve as a commentary on how flawed the system is, even beyond gun control and mental health concerns.

The typical normie perspective does try to handwave all of these problems as personal issues that are the perpetrator's fault, without considering how external social factors can lead to such incidents. However, attempting to fix bullying and ostracization is not exactly a simple task, but at least there's a start in discussing the effects of such conditions.
>>
>>28460058
He wasn't a school shooter bro
>>
>>28460210
Ok, he's not technically a "school" shooter, but that's how he is generally classified by psychologists.

After all, his motives and targets are almost identical with other major school shootings, even though the actual incident didn't occur on campus. He still hated his school environment and wanted to kill other people around his age, even though it was college and sorority parties occur off campus.
>>
>>28460268
Hey man I've been doing research on female hierarchy any things you can help me with?
>>
>>28460355
What type of paper are you working on, and what would you like to talk about? Sounds like an interesting topic.

Unfortunately, I'm not exactly a professional sociologist, just a student doing some research out of interest/for a class. However, if there's anything you want to chat about, feel free to ask.
>>
>>28457944
>To many, Elliot is the quintessential robot, one who has completely and utterly failed to adapt and integrate into the normie world.

No. He was normie scum.
>>
>>28460448
To be fair, he definitely wasn't a total robot, but rather a failed normie. He had tried to join the normies, but failed miserably, ending up in a cyborg-esque state that caused him to seek shelter on boards similar to r9k.
>>
>>28460448
Fuck off newfag. Don't insult our savior
>>
>>28460403
Nah. Personal research. Been reading women's magazines watch movies on this subject still a mystery very robots know the inner circle of the queen bee. How are the girl s at your school?
>>
>>28460527
It would be interesting to apply memetic analysis to the Elliot Rodger case (actual memetics, not 4chan memetics). He clearly was exposed, through environmental factors and perhaps genetic predisposition, to particularly toxic elements of our collective culture. What neurological factors render someone like Elliot vulnerable to developing such a high attachment to the sex=status meme?
>>
>>28460632
*cont* It seems like it may have simply been the deterministic combination and ordering of ideas (memes) that he was exposed to that lead to this otherwise unlikely event.
>>
File: Gay_cuddle.gif (349 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
Gay_cuddle.gif
349 KB, 400x200
I'll cuddle with him desu
>>
>>28460675
Apparently he took the "manlet" and other memes too seriously
>>
>>28457944
any reason why these mass murderers are always so incompetent? As in with a little planning and foresight, they could add so many kills to their high score.

That Breivik by did well.
>>
>>28460711
Because they snap they do things at random. Elliot even planned his out didn't go according to plan. Stopped by a door, besides even if he did manage to get in the girls inside would have tackled him down
>>
>>28460624
Probably the most elitist place you will ever see. The social classes at Princeton are defined by eating clubs, with the exclusive "bicker" clubs having a Greek life-esque rush process. Those who are "hosed" or rejected from rush end up "signing in" to the remainder of the clubs that anyone is allowed into.

Keep in mind Greek life doesn't really exist at Princeton, and those that do are mostly an offshoot of their main eating club. Your eating club is your dining hall, frat house for parties, and social affiliation on campus. As all parties happen at clubs, and you need invitations to bicker club parties while sign in parties are open to everyone. This leads to class divisions between those who are "elite" vs "normal". It also defines who you are most likely to party and hang out with, thereby creating a social hierarchy of sorts.

The top bicker clubs are mostly reserved for athletes, members of elite clubs, and those with a family legacy at Princeton (or groupies of the aforementioned).

The sign in clubs are much more chill, but most are known for being much nerdier and focused on catering to video gamers and engineers.

Naturally, the girls affiliated with the top clubs are generally the "queen bee" social butterflies, while those affiliated with the bottom sign ins are more average/potentially robot tier ones. If you want to get to know the top level, you better be familiar with family legacy at Princeton, lots of travel, and all the ins and outs of luxury. Yes, I have been asked what my favorite yacht was before...and no I'm not familiar with yachts at all.

Of course, there are still students that are below the robot tier video gamer clubs who choose to not join any club, thereby sacrificing their social lives.
>>
"I just don't get why they don't like me"
>>
>>28460773
Truly a robot even at the end. I'm honestly surprised that even though he was dedicated enough to kill, he wasn't brave enough to barge into the sorority house. I guess some old habits die hard.

Considering how much attention Elliot gets, I was honestly surprised that the death count was just 6 (not including himself), so for all his talk, he never did get very far with his plans.
>>
>>28460810
I like you, anon! And if we lived close, I'd most certainly be your friend and maybe even your boyfriend.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (4 KB, 311x162) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
4 KB, 311x162
Sorry im a single mother, that is missing one leg
>>
I found it interesting that despite all his misogyny, elliot rodger never actually raped any women or went to see a prostitute. I wonder why that is. I suppose that he viewed himself as a gentleman and saw it as being beneath him. He couldn't understand why women were not attracted to him so he lashed out at them.
>>
>>28460796
>sacrificing social lives
I just don't think this is true at all for any school. I know people in frats who are for all intents and purposes robots with bought friends. I also know others who aren't in any clubs/sports at all, but are the chadliest of alpha normies you've ever seen. I'm at Johns Hopkins though, maybe Greek life is more important at legacy type schools.
>>
>>28460773
I weep for the memes that could have been had that day if the girls could have stopped him...

L

O

L
>>
>>28460796
My investigation involves female social interaction although I have observed that it intertwines with Chad groups. Tell me more how do stacies treat real robots
>>
>>28460205
Different anon, but I agree with his critiques. Take them and use them to up your mark. I find your writing style is fairly informal (I dunno the prof so I dunno if it's allowed or okay or not) and I didn't really notice a concluding paragraph. Pretend the reader is dumb and repeat what your argument is over and over again in the intro and the conclusion. I think that's what your missing and then your paper will be good. Make sure to have connector sentences in between paragraphs, and connector words (As well as x so to is y, Secondly, also etc etc). You don't need to be pretentious with the word choice but using a bunch of different words to start sentences does flow better. Also double check your grammar to make sure it's 100% okay, along with your formatting. They take marks off for stupid mistakes like that.

t. English/History undergrad
>>
>>28460906
Anon, I've recently become interested in identifying different personality types in girls. I can easily classify men into these groups, but it's much harder for girls. So far I've seen: queen-bee, bitch, frazzled/incompetent, quirky, shy. Are there others?
>>
>>28460940
Just gonna add that at first it looks like you have a different idea, than you think you're merging ideas of two different theorists and then you go off of left field and say it's because he never tried at anything to get himself successful. Perhaps make it nice and cohesive by drawing on all three ideas together and saying it's a complex issue with lots of explanations and this is why it happened.
>>
>>28460869
That is a really good point, and considering the number of hooker threads on /r9k/, I was surprised he never considered that option for losing his virginity, which bothered him so much. Then again, it is very likely that he did see it as below him, and that he wanted to actually earn affection, not simply buy it, even if he would "earn" it through his money and looks.

>>28460901
Ok, to be fair, I refer to social lives more in terms of the nightclub partying scene. There are plenty of people who enjoy their social lives without any alcohol or drugs, simply playing video games or chilling with friends with other interests. The buying friends part is definitely still true, albeit probably to a lesser extent, since there are very few frats and most of the ones that exist are uber rich and well connected Chad central.

>>28460906
I feel robots honestly keep to themselves for the most part and do not cross paths with Stacies here. My entire hall is full of Chads and Stacies, but in all honesty, they will be nice and respectful people to you unless you give them reason otherwise. Of course, they will probably never be that close to you, but they generally keep to their own groups.
>>
can we please discuss the s*in Misfits supposed to fithow is someone who is a Misfit supposed to fit in anywhere?

what woman wants to show off her half-breed man?

or what about the lights on his YouTube or Facebook mainly the book The 48 Laws that no one here has probably ever heard of

anyone who has read that book can see the influence that it had on him
>>
>>28460947
Fembots don't exist. Anyways I'm the same anon that is doing research on female hierarchy. One thing is most women from friends with women of their same level of attractiveness they keep a ugly duckling around to make themselves better / the cheerleader effect
>>
I'm surprised you didn't write about Rodger's attempt to push a Stacy off a balcony, him winding up being pushed off himself and then beat up by Chad's. It's a good failure story.
>>
>>28458207
Those rhetorical questions at the start are just too normie.
The very first few lines shouldn't be like that. I agree it is a very interesting topic, but I think you should work on your style.
>>
>>28461082
This. I feel like the beginning needs to be reworked.
>>
My thoughts on Elliot:

>Many of his observations on women were absolutely accurate. His views are common among men who are red-pilled and men in general because they reflect reality (even his psychologists\counselors agreed with him that women in Isla Vista were particularly bad and went for 'douchebags' etc).
>Elliot grew up in a narcissistic culture, and his family (especially father and new wife) were the embodiment of that. His father has actually used Elliot's shooting to try to gain fame for himself (Barbara Walters interview, attempt to cash in on memeing).
>People will claim that Elliot was a narcissist, I think to some degree this is true - he had a sort of 'little prince' syndrome - but I feel like this was entirely the natural consequence of a child growing up in a culture obsessed with status.
>Elliot was essentially abandoned by his father for an evil woman, and even his biological mother seems to have been uninterested and certainly incapable of understanding his issues at the time, he was spiraling into social isolation which literally makes people insane.
>He was rightly aware of the truth that money is a big factor in having access to a pleasurable life and women - it's easy for people considerably older than him to say he should have realised women like that aren't worth it, but for a young male in this culture it's literally EVERYTHING to be denied the experience of love\romance\sex.
>He wrote a manifesto were he basically shared his heart with the world, and a lot of the things he went through I also went through so I have a lot of sympathy for him. Finding r9k was probably the major thing that kept me from going crazy.

I don't think many of us genuinely support the murder aspect of what he did, but his experiences resonate with our own for the most part, and so we see him as a voice of truth and passion. He was really braver than most men, putting his heart out there in an incredibly well-written ebook.
>>
I think his parents, or lack of them, had a huge roll in this. I don't think it was the lifestyle his parents led. But the way they led it, without him in a positive situation, or with him in a negative situation.
>>
>>28461597
Amen to that. You make a lot of really good points about Elliot, although I am still curious on how you regard Elliot's view on wealth. Sure, being rich definitely helps in getting a social life, but do you think Elliot would have done any better if he was richer? Although he didn't earn it himself, he was already dressed and equipped as well as he could have been. Short of pure gold diggers (which is actually probably what he was looking for), would girls really have been all over him if he had a Maserati instead of a BMW?

At least in this regard, I think he was somewhat delusional in thinking that adding more wealth was the only way for him to improve.

This is only specifically aimed at Elliot, who already appeared rich enough compared to your average robot. For a lot of people, money could have made the difference, but I'm not sure if that's the case for him personally.

>>28461651
There's definitely something to be said regarding his parental abandonment scenario, in which he was quite distant from his father and stepmother. His mother was probably the only one who truly cared about him, but even then wasn't necessarily able to do much to help him through his situation. Overall, the taste of luxury lifestyle that Elliot led probably wasn't to his benefit, since it gave him unrealistic expectations of what his narcissism believed he SHOULD have. His inability to have wealth, luxury, and a model girlfriend was probably the largest factor that led to his dissatisfaction with life.
>>
File: 1444462269102.png (299 KB, 673x669) Image search: [Google]
1444462269102.png
299 KB, 673x669
>>28457944
I don't have the time to read the entire paper right now but I want to chat with you sometime about it since you seem to have a level of analysis that I don't see often here on r9k.

My steam is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044342999/
>>
was there. AMA
>>
>>28461755
>AMA
Have you tried the new 7-11 cheeseburgers?
>>
Not much to discuss. He wasn't a very interesting person.
>>
>>28461707

It's been a long time since I read his manifesto, but I believe he writes about how after the split-up, his biological mother started dating a guy who was very wealthy, and I think he mentions seeing that this guy had been highly pursued by women (sounds like he was planning on pumping and eventually dumping Elliot's mum). I think he may have perceived also that many of the successful guys were children of wealthy parents, and wealth just became a symbol. I don't think this is 'delusional' thinking at all, at least on face level - books like The Great Gatsby and Great Expectations are classics built on this theme of how love interacts with money. Every guy at some stage has noticed what money can do.

He had his own BMW, but he was living in shared accommodation at uni with people he hated (and eventually killed), and I believe he resented the fact that his parents were only reluctantly paying for this, and that the moment they started to see he wasn't doing well, they may have withdrawn support.

A lot of people see Elliot as unattractive or as dorky. They don't see him as desirable, and a lot of people see that his personality may have ben a major issue, but he wasn't necessarily aware of either of these things. That could be a failure to perceive his situation correctly, but that doesn't make him delusional, at least on that point.
>>
>>28461777
>Have you tried the new 7-11 cheeseburgers?
went there today. didnt check their food shit. is it good? and are those indian fuckers gone
>>
>>28461707
Personally Op Elliott would have never succeed in southern California. His BMW and his clothes was tacky and out of current fashion tend. I think he would have success in a different part of the country or if he stayed and changed his behavior his style and got women that weren't out if his league maybe he would have succeeded. Also his father appeared to be embarrassed by him in all the pics of him he seems unhappy. Like he had a preference for his daughter.
>>
>>28460996
>he did see it as below him, and that he wanted to actually earn affection, not simply buy it, even if he would "earn" it through his money and looks.
This is why he never went to prostitutes. I think he even wrote in his manifesto that he didn't want to pay for what other men get for free.
>>
>>28461024
If societies and cultures were different, would fembots exist, or are humans "coded" in the way that fembots simply cannot exist in any circumstances?
>>
>>28462093
>Like he had a preference for his daughter.
and maybe for his other son.
>>
>>28462343
A female version of a male robot does not exist. Why because according to my findings women no matter how ugly or fat will have friends or thirsty betas white k nightingale them. A another you must take into consideration. women are social creatures by nature, a woman cannot lock herself in a room and play videos games all day it will drive her mad. Look at these underage newfag betas that think with their dick. Fucking pathetic how their was a few threads of these betas begging for these whores.
>>
>>28462404
Yea, I was about to say that. What kind of a person names their child "jazz" stupid name if you ask me
>>
>>28462478
White knighting damn typo
>>
File: 1457125218347.png (48 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1457125218347.png
48 KB, 200x200
Fucks sake please learn to write, OP. You've got to be kidding me with this pdf you linked.
>>
>>28462478
>>28462562
So fembots cannot exist. This explains it well.

>>28462500
To be honest, I don't like that name either, but i have a feeling that in the future Jazz will be an Arab or at least a Moroccan equivalent for Chad.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.