[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A friend just invited me to her grandmother's funeral. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 14.png (340 KB, 804x453) Image search: [Google]
14.png
340 KB, 804x453
A friend just invited me to her grandmother's funeral.
I have literally never talked to anyone else in her family and really don't want to go.

Is saying no going to come back to haunt me or anything? How should I say no anyway?
>>
Did you know her grandmother?
Either way, send your condolences and say you won't be able to make it.
>>
>>28457869
Just tell them you're not good at funerals and send your condolences. Maybe plant a tree in Israel in her name afterwards
>>
Go, you will regret it, I did. Though it was my own grandparents so it might not hold the same value.
>>
Come on, just go.

It'll be fun.
>>
Oh, she said it was okay for me to say no.
I guess she figured it out since I was taking so long to respond.

>>28457921
No, I don't I didn't know her grandmother either.
>>
>>28457869

Just go. I doubt too many people will try to talk to you, funerals aren't the most chatty affairs.

Key phrases to use:
My condolences
I'm sorry for you loss
I'm X's friend
>>
>>28457869
go dude, you dont have to talk with anyone except say hellow, its a grandma so most people wont even be sad and funerals have top quality food
>>
>>28457869
if you are close to her it can even be fun. I had the longest chat with my besat friend after his dad died. He was sad but his dad was old as fuck so he wasnt destroyed, we watched assasination of a high school president and played fighting games, good times
>>
>>28458020
You're kind of a pussy.
>>
>>28457869
Have them explain why they want you there and why they feel it would be appropriate and act from there.
>>
>>28458137
yeah whatever
I already said no and she said it was okay
of course even if it's not okay she'd still say it's okay but it's out of my hands now
>>
I asked if she was sure and she said
>Anon. If it wasn't, I would have said so.
so that's that.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.