[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /debating quitting their high stress job and working a just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 299x168
Who /debating quitting their high stress job and working a just above minimum wage low stress job/ here?
>>
I just did this morning, actually.
Now my parents are fucking furious.
I'm 25.
I turn 26 in a week.
I've only had that one job in my life and I quit after two weeks because the managers mean.

I'm probably going to kill myself.
>>
There is no such thing as a "low stress" job. Everything sucks. This is the first lesson on the road to enlightenment
>>
>>28457171
What is your job?

>>28457394
What was your job?
>>
>>28457467
I'm a financial advisor at a bank.
>>
i got some bad news for you. the tougher, more stressful, shittier the job is, the less it pays
>>
>>28457501
Holy shit. Youre a fucking idiot. All managers are mean the first 2-6 months.

I cant believe youd get a job like that with 0 work experience
>>
>>28457171
I'm going the other route actually. 24 y/o. Been working manual jobs on and off since i dropped out of college like 5 years ago. Construction, walmart, clerk at motel, and last one a stocker at Kmart.

Only one I was fired from was the motel one. Have quit from all the others. Kmart was super easy and kinda nice to work with others, but i feel like shit working such low wage jobs. I miss a female coworker friend that would flirt with me.

I worked there 3 weeks (after 8 months without a job) then quit. I'm going into stock trading. What i figure is I'd rather have a high stress "job" where i dont see people and no one sees me and maybe get lucky and get rich.

I guess i should mention my fiance of 5 years broke up with me 6 months ago. I got nothing to live for. I'm going all in, i either make it semi big or i kill myself afterward.

Only thing keeping me going desu is the chance that I can make a few thousand and keep going to fuck beautiful hookers. ...that's about it.
>>
>tfw two low-stress part time jobs
>make just enough money to sustain a boring solitary life
Once I get some cash saved up, I'll be pretty comfy. I'd really like to get an apartment with a big bedroom or livingroom, and maybe even get a dog.
All I want to do is be comfy, and I'm on my way to a good spot, I think.
>>
I'm a 25 year old accountant still living with his parents. No gf obviously.

I'm considering this. I'm an only child and my parents are going to leave me the house, and at-least $200k in financial assets. Probably enough for me to live out my life

I'm not sure why I force myself to go to a job I hate every day. I guess just societal pressures or something.
>>
>>28457439
My job is easy as fuck. Everyone thinks I'm retarded and I'm union, so they give me the easiest work and regular raises.
>>
>tfw quit my fast food job yesterday
how do you get a decent job without a degree?
>>
>>28460139
Construction/Energy Industry
>>
>>28457171

>thinking minimum wage jobs aren't high stress

Dude, working a job hovering around minimum wage is fucking miserable because you are beyond expendable. Managers will hound you for whatever they want because they replace you in an instant. It's hyper stress.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.