[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how unfair is it that we won't have the chance to explore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: 2xcluster.jpg (1 MB, 1914x1072) Image search: [Google]
2xcluster.jpg
1 MB, 1914x1072
how unfair is it that we won't have the chance to explore the universe?
>>
>>28456465
What's this "we" shit?
>>
Not at all. We haven't explored all of earth yet.
>>
File: drugs.jpeg?resize=300%2C275.jpg (30 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
drugs.jpeg?resize=300%2C275.jpg
30 KB, 300x275
>>28456465
What are you talking about anon? You can explore the universe whenever you want.
>>
nothing out there
fucking spacefags
>>
File: 1458690203912.gif (2 MB, 300x259) Image search: [Google]
1458690203912.gif
2 MB, 300x259
>>28456465
Because Obama would rather spend our space exploration money giving the nigglets welfare.
>>
>>28456535
You dont know. There is no end. There could be millions of planets like earth for all we know. And im not even talking about black holes.
>>
My answer is, not very.
>>
File: 1459080690206.png (2 MB, 1134x1916) Image search: [Google]
1459080690206.png
2 MB, 1134x1916
>you will never live in another universe with your waifu
>>
>>28456465
>implying space travel is possible
Even if we had the technology to travel at lightspeed it would take hundred of years to get to the nearest habitable planets (where there could be intelligent life like ours) and complicated stuff like teleportation, warp and all that sci fi crap would probably require a lot of energy we don't even have (otherwise other advanced lifeforms should be here by now)
>>28456580
it doesn't matter if the best we can do is observe the past of said planets

the best we could do is create a virtual universe like the matrix and make it like star wars/star trek or anything of that style with a mix of real people and AI to fill the blanks
>>
But we are exploring the universe. We're zooming all around it, right now. We move, the sun moves, the galaxy rotates and moves through space. Every night you can see a slightly different section of eternity, just by looking up.
>>
>>28456535
>nothing out there

If we could travel FTL it would solve literally the greatest problem of all time, scarcity. We would have access to nearly infinite resources. We may not be able to do that but the point is, there are a lot of resources in space.
>>
>>28456502
this

there is tons of sea life that we aren't even aware exist. Keep your chin up OP, besides, space travel isn't that far tb.h
>>
Idk, I'm afraid that if I could explore the universe I would accidentally wreak havoc in my own small, inconsequential way. Gotta really get that prime directive deeply ingrained in my psyche before I can even consider leaving this silly planet.
>>
File: 1462162966492.jpg (357 KB, 841x1244) Image search: [Google]
1462162966492.jpg
357 KB, 841x1244
>eventually the universe will be nothing but stellar remnants
>the expansion of the universe will put other galaxies outside the observable universe
>>
>>28456730
We would definitely breed out of control and consume the resources of the universe.
>>
I would love to explore space to see these fuck huge suns.

Can our brains even handle seeing something so big???
>>
>>28456522

This. Physical space is boring compared to psychedelic space.
>>
>>28456823
I don't think you realize how big the universe is. It would take an insane amount of time for that to happen.
>>
If you can't fix it or can't control it, don't worry about it.
>>
>>28456834

you probably shouldnt look at my dick then m8
>>
File: Earth-on-a-Celestial-Scale-1.jpg (62 KB, 960x480) Image search: [Google]
Earth-on-a-Celestial-Scale-1.jpg
62 KB, 960x480
>>28456699
Teleportation is possible. It happens in space and it happens on earh too, inside atoms.
Time travel isnt too far away either.
Observation isnt the end of galaxy exploration, trust me.

>>28456700
Theres more than just our solar system anon.
>>
>>28456465
Think about the xeno pussy we will never get oh man
>>
>>28456535
>nothing out there

On the contrary boy, the entire Universe is out there. Over one hundred billion galaxies, and this galaxy alone has an estimated four hundred billion planets.

>>28456699
Sometimes, I wish I had your pessimism. Life wouldn't kick me in the nads so much.
>>
If they discovered light travel, how many of you all would just find some remote dwarf planet to live by yourself?
>>
>>28456465
Space is cool and great and all, but the final evolution of humanity lies in accessing our own minds and shit like full immersion virtual reality. Why would we spend so much time and money on spreading throughout space when we could just build a giant ass station powered by fusion that can digitally store our consciousnesses forever allowing us to live in digital paradises we can alter at a whim.

Technological development has always been about making things easier and more convenient for us. Living in digital utopia as an immortal god is about the most a person could ask for.
>>
>>28457049
No getting hot alien pussy is the most anyone could ask for
>>
>>28457049
Christ, anon. That will take quite some time. Don't fret about it just yet.
>>
>>28457120
Which would be achieveable in your digital paradise along with anything else imaginable. I definitely agree that's priority one though after all that
>>
>>28457049
Plenty of people would be against that, saying it wouldn't be real. You couldn't directly influence the world. You would be living a fantasy. For eternity.
>>
>>28457049

meanwhile while we are finally riding a girl cowgirl in our fantasy, an earthquake comes and wipes that building the fuck out
>>
>>28457144
But it won't happen in my lifetime feels bad man
>>
>>28457049
And if somebody pulls the plug?
>>
>>28457154
We don't really directly influence the world now do we? This is where existential shit comes in. What constitutes reality? At the end of the day, all it is is the way our mind perceives things around us. If you could do whatever you wanted forever with no stress or worry, ever, why would you not take that chance? The reality part of the equation is completely irrelevant to me.
>>
>>28457049
No. I dream of conquering new worlds, REAL world, carving a real legacy among the stars and dicking real alien bussy. Emphasis on "real". And "bussy".
>>
>>28457201
Well optimally in this scenario there would be a complex network of backups and things of that nature. Also, there probably wouldn't be much ease to simply "pulling the plug." I haven't thought too in depth on this concept but I imagine thats a mere contrivance at the point this is achievable.
>>
>>28457229
How would that be different in your own reality? Surprise, all reality is is your brains perception of outside stimuli. There would be no difference, except in the real world you would be heavily limited and have a much higher chance of death.
>>
>>28457229

>REAL

Reality isn't even real, the fundamental nature of the universe is illusion. Wanting to explore barren outer space instead of infinitely interesting and challenging inner space makes no sense.
>>
>>28457207
Anon, don't worry about this or think about this obsessively.
>>
>>28457192
You never know anon, progress is increasing and you could always save up and enter cryostasis for a few decades to try and catch up.
>>
>>28457289
Cryo isn't full proof though you might never wake up again
>>
>>28456465

It's not unfair at all. You could literally die without ever having the chance to achieve anything great and that wouldn't be unfair
>>
>>28457289
I wouldn't fret about cryogenics, we haven't learned how to reanimate people who are cryogenically frozen yet
>>
>>28457282
What the hell are you talking about? It's merely a futuristic concept that is compelling to me. I'm not worried whatsoever about this and actually think it'd be pretty fucking awesome if it can be achieved before my death. Are you talking to yourself here or something?
>>
>>28457342
It will probably happen past your lifetime.
>>
>>28457385
Okay? I don't see your point. You seem like you're upset about it or something.
>>
>>28457429
He's upset that he'll never get prime alien pussy
>>
>>28457429
>>28457448
You guys aren't getting prime Tak pussy either most likely
This level of technology will take a very long time to be developed. I would suggest going on with your life instead of thinking about this stuff.
>>
>>28457491
Who the fuck are you to tell me what I can't "think" about? Why do you give a shit? If you have a problem with discussing concepts and ideas you can leave the Internet because this is what a lot of it is for.
>>
>>28457533
Would you save the universe? Create a new one? I think that is the bigger question for you.
>>
>>28457263
>>28457257
In all seriousness, the reason it's vital we expand to other worlds is for the longevity of our species. Sitting in a vault somewhere, no matter how reinforced, no matter pretty the illusion is (don't give me the "reality IS an illusion" cop out, fuck you), we're putting ourselves in a VERY precarious situation in doing so. Like I said, there's always gonna be a chord and somebody or something can always unplug it.

>explore barren outer space

Again, you're underestimating how vast this this place is. A lot of it is barren, and a lot of it is not.
>>
>>28457647
>reality is an illusion cop-out
I'm not saying it's an illusion necessarily, I'm just saying it might as well be given the extent of what we actually know about it. This is the truth, even if you say fuck you about it.

>>28457586
I feel like you're under the influence of some narcotic because I don't understand a single bit of what you're saying here.
>>
>>28457693
>it might as well be given the extent of what we actually know about it

And we're learning more about it everyday. There's a lot we don't know yet, true, but that only inspires me more.
>>
>>28457693
How would you save the universe? Or would you create a new one?
>>
>>28457757
I don't understand the context of this question but I suppose between the two I'd do whichever is more convenient in the moment.
>>
>>28457757
Create a new one. I get off to the thought of me being God, frequently.
>>
File: 1428973583826.jpg (39 KB, 457x480) Image search: [Google]
1428973583826.jpg
39 KB, 457x480
There might be hope yet.

We're starting to get the handle on re-usable rockets, which was one of the major economic hurdles facing commercial and private space flight / exploration. SpaceX's flight tests might be a major jumping off point.

Sure, we won't be seeing widespread, advanced space exploration in our lifetimes, but we're definitely entering the early stages of it.
>>
>>28456502

>earth
>worth exploring

We already know everything worth knowing about this shithole. It's nothing but a boring Chad-controlled rock.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.