[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My therapist put me on antipsychotics around Christmas for anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1428521915366.png (82 KB, 421x248) Image search: [Google]
1428521915366.png
82 KB, 421x248
My therapist put me on antipsychotics around Christmas for anxiety and depression but I stopped taking them two days ago because they numbed me too much. How long until I return to normal and start feeling again
>>
why do you think they put you on abtipsychotics to treat anxiet and depression?
>>
File: tumblr_o6uneujg2J1vtpq6mo1_1280.jpg (794 KB, 800x1131) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6uneujg2J1vtpq6mo1_1280.jpg
794 KB, 800x1131
>>28454026
I'm not sure. He just told me to take Abilify and I assumed it was a run of the mill SSRI
>>
>>28454063
Good thing you escaped from them! Those things are pure poison, even capable of stunting your growth.
>>
Diagnosed with Aspd and forced to take mood stabilizers and antypsychotics along with antidepressants. Gained 20 pounds in the psych ward in one month from them. Pills are a fucking meme, they only hurt you.
>>
>>28453992
>How long until I return to normal and start feeling again
You might never go back the the way you was. I didn't. Those fucking pills permanently ruined something in my brain.
>>
>>28454941
Damn, that's rough anon. How long did you take them for and how long ago did you stop?
>>
You really really really need to google "your drug + stop taking pills" and learn the correct method for getting off of them.

A good number of them and especially SSRIs will fuck you up really bad for a long time if you just stop taking them abruptly

You might end up more emotional than an emo 14 year old girl getting dumped and drinking a beer for the first time
>>
>>28454063
Abilify isn't really used to treat actual psychosis that much. It's basically only used to treat anxiety and depression in those who don't respond well enough to just an antidepressant, so usually an SSRI + adjunct abilify. It's basically the lightest antipsychotic there is.

Within the week you should be back to baseline, but there is no treatment for anxiety and depression besides therapy that will not make you numb. Well there are benzos but those will give you literal brain damage after awhile.

Go get into CBT and tackle your issues for good.

>>28454323
Haha le jewpills hahaha
>>
>>28454969
Ignore him he's full of shit. Antipsychotics, even haloperidol and clozapine (these are the big guns used for extremely low functioning schizophrenics or those currently experiencing a violent psychotic episode) cannot cause permanent negative changes in the brain like that. In fact they are some of the only medications that can repair the brain wasting associated with schizophrenia.

Any talk of him being unable to go back to how he was before is psychosomatic.
>>
>>28455085
>Haha le jewpills hahaha
Wh-what? I was just congratulating him and giving his thread a bump.
>>
>>28455160
You're a retarded antipharma /pol/faggot and you should go kill yourself.
>>
>>28455147
How strong is Olanzapine?
>>
>>28455202
Pretty strong. Very effective.

One of the shittier ones to be on because it's one of, if not the, worst in terms of causing metabolic syndrome and weight gain.

If you take zyprexa you will gain at least 10lbs in the first 3 months, and most gain over 40 after a year of it.
>>
>not wanting to be numb
>>
>>28455263
I see. Thanks.
Fucking robot. Should I even thank people for answering my questions? How would you feel if I hadn't thanked you? Would you assume me ungrateful or AFK?
>>
>>28455202
not poster but i took it and enjoyed it, felt pretty good combined w some ther anti depressant, made me fat as fuck though
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.