[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you're not talented
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: 1462626691552.jpg (14 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1462626691552.jpg
14 KB, 367x321
>tfw you're not talented
>>
File: 1460372779978.jpg (53 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
1460372779978.jpg
53 KB, 800x530
>every successful artist started practicing in their early teenage years
>you didn't
>>
M8 you have to work your ass off to be successful. Of course you're shit at everything; you waste all your time here.
>>
I'm a drawfag. For every very talented person who makes the news and monetizes his work, there are thousands of us hacks who are content with our shitty artwork.

if you are not happy being mediocre, you stand a better chance of not starting anything.
>>
>>28453835
If you're not talented in technical terms, why not just settle for creativity? I mean, maybe you can't be as good as them, but maybe you can have your own style on something creativity-wise?
>>
>>28453835
I started playing the guitar a year ago. Now I'm actually quite good and it's fun. Talent doesn't have to be innate it's just work.
>>
File: 1461959158620.png (320 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1461959158620.png
320 KB, 500x400
>>28454115
>>28454119
Technical ability is not my problem. I can play guitar decently well and I never had a problem writing essays in school.

I get an idea, write it down, and then just freeze. I don't know what to do next. I then start thinking my idea is shit, get depressed, and go do something else. I've probably written the first page to a hundred short stories, only to delete everything and hide under the covers.
>>
File: 1435596140850.jpg (137 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1435596140850.jpg
137 KB, 1000x1000
who fell for the /workhard/ meme?

>work my ass getting good in a sport for 13 years
>people who put zero effort in and have only been playing for 3 months are better then me
>>
>>28454191
I write too and have friends who write as well. Let me tell you, that's normal for people who write, especially the thinking my idea is shit part.

You don't just get an idea and then finish it and then be satisfied with it. That almost never happens. It's completely normal to have a draft and then trash it with the rest. It's kind of like a cycle until you get to the point where you actually make something.

Keep writing, anon. Remember that you're improving even if you're throwing away shit.
>>
>>28454299
Thanks anon, that made me feel better.

original post desu senpai
>>
>>28454258
>actually falling for that meme

Use your brain dummy

Genetics trumps all
>>
File: hydration.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
hydration.png
51 KB, 657x527
>tfw I've been playing piano for more than a decade
>tfw people who have a year of playing are better than me and can read music faster than I can

All my fault desu
>>
>>28454258
sports are something only big fast idiots can do. everything else is attainable if you worj for it.
>>
>>28453878
>early teenage years
More like since 3 years old
>>
>>28454359
You will never accomplish anything.
>>
>tfw im always the "creative" one or the "ideas man" in workgroups or what ever, but dont do anything if not under pressure
>tfw been playing guitar for 6 years, feel completly comfortable with the instrument, but dont get any song ideas if not high on weed
>tfw weed gives me anxiety
>tfw learned to produce music, but only able of finishing projects if i get high
>tfw always draw cool stuff if i use drawing to avoid boring stuff like classes, but dont get any inspiration on my free time
>tfw mood swings (feeling dead one moment, happy and confident just some minutes later)
please end it
>>
>be into vidya/computers since 3 years old
>not even good at games
>only ultra basic knowledge of computers
>at least i got really good at being alone in my room
>>
>>28454439
what sport? I find it hard to believe that you aren't good if you practised for 13 years
>>
>falling for the talent meme
The only people who actually peddle that shit are hacks who are afraid others will git gud and surpass them so they have to discourage them by saying "I'm just talented, you'll never be good :^)"
Of course someone's going to bring up those 5-year-old Chinese piano prodigies or whatever, but even they've spend thousands of hours honing their skills. Also it's never too late to sat, 1 hour a day for 5 years is over 1800 hours which is plenty of time to actually become decently proficient at something. You do get diminishing returns after a certain point but that's the great thing about learning any skill - you grow quickly in the beginning and it'll encourage you to learn more and become better at what you're doing.

tl;dr Talent isn't real, git gud
>>
>>28455456
I play squash top lel
>>
File: 1452707390876.png (865 KB, 800x621) Image search: [Google]
1452707390876.png
865 KB, 800x621
>>28455760
This.

Talent is a pursued interest. Anything you're willing to practice, you can do.
>>
I've been told that I can sing good
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.