[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here 28 and feel like their life is already over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: mggzvun0p8ogy7asssng.jpg (61 KB, 636x353) Image search: [Google]
mggzvun0p8ogy7asssng.jpg
61 KB, 636x353
Anyone else here 28 and feel like their life is already over?
>>
I'm 21 and think i have wasted too much of my life to make anything out of it now.
>>
>>28452216
Is this Foundation? This pic makes me think about the Foundation
>>
>>28452216
I'm 28. Sadly last year of my undergrad degree. I don't why I'm alive.
>>
I'm 26.

Life feels over, and it feels like it never started. Thank you, dramatic narratives, for making me have unrealistic expectations for everything.

But seriously, your life ends after 25.
>>
>>28452216
i will end my life at 29, it's already too late for me but i just want some time to reach something before death
>>
File: IMG_0295.jpg (36 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0295.jpg
36 KB, 600x597
>>28452216
31, its been over for years. no friends, no family, no reason to live except irrational hope for a better tomorrow that will never come.
>>
>>28452864
>But seriously, your life ends after 25.

This. All the cool experiences went away with high school / college.

After that most of your friends are busy, you're too tired to go out anyways and you have work in the morning. Work. Work. Work.
>>
File: spoodermen.gif (9 KB, 249x184) Image search: [Google]
spoodermen.gif
9 KB, 249x184
haahaha

fucking amatuers

wait until your 30's hit
>>
40 here. I'm glad I've lived to this age.
For those of you 20 years younger, you won't.
>>
yea, I've been coming here since my teens. I've been with women but I always fuck it up so I stopped trying years ago and just learned to accept my life of solidarity.

>wake up
>drink liquor
>go to shitty overnight stocking job
>sneak in mixed drink so I don't go through withdrawals
>return home
>shit post and drink for hours
>black out
>get up and do it all over again

life is a pointless endeavor.
>>
>>28452216
right here, i have no idea what i did since i was 18, i still feel like going back to high school
>>
>>28452216
come at me when you are 38 and stil in this chan
28 is p young to be honest
>>
27 here, eat - sleep - repeat. Just a few more years and it will end, hopefully.
>>
>>28452216
I'm 28.

My life was over about 7 years ago, m8.
>>
27 in one week here. finally could rent a room just for myself, life is pretty good now, but have money for rent only for 3 months. still unemployed, have no idea what to do next
>>
>>28452216
I'm 22 and I feel like my life is pretty much over. I kind of accepted that the """good""" times are over and that I cannot go back. Sometimes it fells like everything before 2011 was another life I was not part of, because nowadays it feels so distant and unreal.
>>
28 as well. Life doesnt feel over so much as it feels like it never got started. No more excitement as a kid fantasizing how it will be out there on my own. Able to stay up and do whatever I want all the time.

What it turned out to be was work. Work for food, work for a place over your head and work to pay the bills you accrue over the shit I consume to drown out the mind numbing all encompassing work.

Theres nothing new to look forward to at this point. No new chapter in my life, no graduation to propel me forwards. Dont even get some big fuckoff vacation at the end of all this. I just get old.
>>
>>28453420
baby steps anon, take your time with life, there is no pressure
>>
>>28452216
You're right, it is pretty much over. After high school and college, your existence is nothing but work. The friends you made at school have scattered all around the country. The few that are still relatively nearby are just as busy as you are and just as tired and grumpy as you during free time. Your family will also pressure you to start a family at this point, even though doing so will make you even more tired and will drain your meager finances even more than they already are.
>>
I'm 18 and feel like it's over

You can never learn things as well as you can as a kid, most famous people throughout history were already masters in their craft by my age, they were in their prime at my age but I haven't even gotten started on anything
>>
yep. 27 here, never had a job.
>>
>>28452216
28 here. Wouldn't say it's over, but I've given up on ever having a family at this point.
>>
>>28452252
I'm 20 and I feel the same.
>>
Mine has only just began at 26. Yay arrested development.
>>
This when the fun begins.

we only live once, then we slumber without dreams for eternity.
be aware of every mintue to make it last longer.

Having clocks everywhere we look doesnt help at all.
>>
>>28452216
Nah, I lucked out and managed to turn my life around when I was 25.

Went back to school, lost a shit ton of weight, got my first gf (didn't last but oh well), got a better job, and successfully completed therapy.

If I was the same person now that I was when I was 24 I would've probably killed myself
>>
I'm 34.

I've dedicated my life to playing video games.

In this I am a success.
>>
>>28453577
Good having kids is the biggest evil you can commit t.b.h
>>
File: pepetired.jpg (7 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
pepetired.jpg
7 KB, 250x242
im turning 24 and im fairly sure my life has already hits it's highest point. nothing but down hill from the age of 20.
>>
how do we circumvent the system?
>>
>>28452216
28 and got that same feeling OP.
I wash cars to pay bills, still live with my parents, no friends, no girlfriend, crippling anxiety caused by years of disastrous romantic/social meltdowns, and I spend most days fapping.
The only thing I really got going for me is a popular fanfiction, which I can't even publish for money.
>>
>>28453773
>which I can't even publish for money.
why not ?
>>
File: 1453630753563.jpg (365 KB, 1280x996) Image search: [Google]
1453630753563.jpg
365 KB, 1280x996
>>28452216
Do you have more like this?

Also my life was over when I was 17 t b h
>>
>>28453893

Do you know what a copyright is?

fuckfartspaulblarts
>>
I'm 26. Just when I got my freedom, a crummy place of my own, a shitbox on wheels, and basic home management skills like cooking edible food and cleaning out my cumrags.
Just when I think my life is about to finally begin, I realise that this is all life has to offer me. That's it. Nothing to look forward to.

Poor social mobility and stunted social skills means I am permanently stuck. I will never have a family. Never have kids. Just wageslaving and coming home tired to cook myself pasta shitpost and sleep, until I am 65 (or more likely blow my brains out).

I need a struggle. A group to devote my energy into. A cause greater than myself as a reason to wake up in the morning.
>>
>>28453619

Me too but video games are getting boring.
>>
>>28454081
>A cause greater than myself as a reason to wake up in the morning.

iktfb....

>tfw you'll never have a reason to live

>tfw every morning you'll think, "why bother"

>tfw the only reason you get out of bed at all is because you don't want to mess up your sleep routine and fuck yourself over even more
>>
File: 1441613847193.png (142 KB, 321x378) Image search: [Google]
1441613847193.png
142 KB, 321x378
>>28452216
I am nearing 27 and my life was always shit but i wish i could somehow make money or some shit so i can go back to my hedonistic adventures. I have only really felt happy for short moments, digesting various chemicals and enjoying bizzare situations people put themselves into when they are high. Stimulants mostly - they fucked me up hard but i remember that for a couple of hours i was totally oblivious how much of a robot i was, i was able to truly feel connected to a few people. Of course it was all an illusion and they were just using me, but still. That illusion felt like a whole another life in itself, too short though and very taxing on the mind and health.

Everyone abandoned me anyway and i don't even know how to make friends at this age.
>>
>>28453942
>Do you know what a copyright is?
Something that's easy to get around?
>>
File: 1434684175430.jpg (135 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1434684175430.jpg
135 KB, 900x900
Its been over
Life is the hell between the two oblivions
Fuck it all lads
Just fuck my shit up
Im gonna die soon
>>
File: 1460256518030.gif (1014 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1460256518030.gif
1014 KB, 500x282
>>28454081
have you tried drugs and video games?
also hookers
>>
>>28454260
Original guy here, not flippant, but to explain;
my fic's not the kind that can replace the names and keep 98% of the text and not blatantly rip off the copyrighted franchise. I wanna pull a 50SoG, but for me that involves rewriting the thing from Chapter One. 600,000 words, and not even done yet.
Lot of work, but it's something to do, and keeps me from totally melting down.
>>
>>28452216
28 year old KHV here.

Yeah, you really start to feel like nothing good is going to happen once you start reaching 30 and haven't accomplished anything you can feel good about.

I have a B.A. in political science from a crappy state school that dropped off the US News & World Report Top 100 US Universities list back in the late 90s. I know it's a worthless degree and I hate myself for not doing better. I did graduate with honors, but it's like being Employee of the Month at the corner grocery store. Who the hell cares? It hasn't helped me get a half decent job, and Im still making near min wage. I guess I haven't really ttried to go out there, sell myself, and get a better job, but I feel like it's pointless because I don't have any good work experience or volunteer experience I can use to sell myself.

I had like one good friend in high school and one or two in college, and I never hear from them anymore. I've reached out to to them a couple of times. They never reach out to me though, so I just gave up.

No woman has ever seemed very interested or attracted to me, and I dont meet very many either, so that's how I've ended up a KHV.

Just seems like I was meant to never achieve anything, never have any friends, and never have any sort of romantic relationship. It hurts a lot.
>>
Your lifes aren't even over, you just feel like shit or in a shitty situation.
>>
>>28452216
My childhood is so awful that I feel like I've been reborn.
>>
>>28452216

28 here man

i have some good things going for me. not great but good. otherwise i am constantly tormented by a sense of anomie, meaninglessness, and ineffable melancholy. i have moved too many times and said goodbye to too many people. i do not think my daily life situation will ever improve much.

i consider myself a robot but i am not a NEET, i am finishing grad school in NYC and starting a corporate job soon that does not pay very well but is mildly prestigious.
>>
>>28453461

this is the fucking real talk right here

keep your head up friend-o
>>
>>28455185

26; you sound exactly like me, except I have a public admin degree from a crappy state school and I graduated with honors.

It felt like I was at least making good progress until I was about 23 or 24, and then things just stopped, and I was stuck in this shit fucking life with nothing but the knowledge that I had failed to do anything.
>>
>>28452216
27 here. mfw my longest relationship was 2 months.
>>
>>28455875
>then things just stopped

Yeah. After college wa when it really hit hard. You don't really have an idea where you're going in the first place when you're in college, but when you have no job lined up after college, and no plans to go to grad school, then it really begins to sink in that something is wrong.

It's hard to get going again when you don't make any progress after attempting something new. I've had a couple of false starts since 23 or 24 and it's a little harder to pick myself back up each time. Maybe I just care too much or something.
>>
File: Raven.jpg (299 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Raven.jpg
299 KB, 1920x1200
Perhaps if we were to stand far off from all of this, it would all add up to some kind of sense. But how do you do that?

Maybe once we die, our real lives will begin.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.