[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do if you saw someone about to kill themselves?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 468x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 468x326
What would you do if you saw someone about to kill themselves?
>>
Run away and pretend I didn't see anything
>>
>>28450611
Ask if he has anything that would be of value to me and thats better of not being squished like him.
>inb4 2 edgy
>>
record it on whatever device i currently had
>>
>>28450611
suck his dick and give him my boi puchi
>>
tell him to do a flip
>>
Talk him/her out of it.
>>
obligatory "do it faggot"

Try to talk them down, of course. I get the feeling the words would elude me. What can you say to someone in that situation? other than reminding them that there are people out there who love them, people who care? I would make sure to tell them I haven't the faintest clue what drove them to get on the ledge in the first place but I'd invite them down to talk about it, it's all I could do.

I would probably get choked up, being powerless to help people who are in pain or suffering is the worst.
>>
File: 1442763982594.jpg (691 KB, 5000x4859) Image search: [Google]
1442763982594.jpg
691 KB, 5000x4859
let him
>>
Have seen it happen in person. A fellow employee who got laid off slashed his throat. I pulled out my phone and recorded it and put it on Prochan.
>>
>>28450885
This. If he wants to die who are we to stop him?
>>
>>28450611
I would honestly do nothing for various reason.
>I am pretty much Ryoga from Ranma, lost as fuck and wouldn't know where I am to call cops or something
>I don't know what is happening to the person or how his life goes
Sometimes, I honestly believe suicide IS an option.
>>
>>28450611
I don't really care. It's not my place to tell a man what he does or does not do with his own life. It should be a basic inalienable human right for every individual to choose how long their own life will go on.
>>
That's not a very obvious thing. Lots of normies get close to edges just because they like "the rush". Until they're in the middle of suicide I wouldn't suspect it.
>>
>>28450611
start masturbating furiously
>>
I'd try to talk to them, and find out why they're doing it.

If it's an impulsive decision, I'd try to talk them out of it.

If it's a decision they've come to after some thought and consideration, I'd let them carry on.
>>
File: asdfa.gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
asdfa.gif
2 MB, 425x481
>>28450814
>tricking someone into living

How /devilish/ of you
>>
I'd talk to them and listen to what they have to say. I'm sure it'd be the most meaningful conversion of my life.
>>
>>28451084
actually I think there is a law somewhere stating that if someone is about to commit suicide you ar obligated by law to try and talk them out of it or some shit.
>>
>>28450611
join him because i have nothing better to do
>>
>>28450611
Try to figure out where they worked so I can try and get the job they had.
>>
Teleport behind him
>>
>>28450611
I'd let him do what I don't have the courage to do.
>>
ask what his favorite anime
>>
probably ask him why does he want to do it
wouldn't try to stop him, it's his life, not mine
>>
>>28450611
Whip out my camera
Film the whole thing while yelling "Damm, Damm, Worldstar, Damm"
Get them in a selfie shot before they suicided
After, get in there and take whatever they have of value, get some more video, couple of selfies
Start CPR, onlookers crowd around, become "Hero" who tried to save the lost soul
Get TV interviews, national talk shows, keys to the city, meet the President, co-write story of incident, more interviews, studio contacts me, want to make a movie of the event, I get to write screenplay, get producer credit, appear as the investigative police detective, win Academy Awards, more interviews, lots of grade A, USDA prime pussy comes my way
Now rich from book and movie, marry former Eastern European Supermodel, retire to a ranch, consider entering politics
All my success due to some worthless fucker who offed themselves
I drink a toast to the deceased on the death anniversary each year
>>
>>28451079
this is the perfect decision

If it's "my girlfriend left me" I'd be pissed off with the cunt and would probably shit talk them out of it.
If it's "my father just died" I'd try to talk him out of it. "This too will pass" and all that shit.

But if he tells me that he has been in a darkening world for years, drifting away from the memory of life, if he tells me that this is not impulsive as all impulsive tendencies have left him, if he tells me that there truly is nothing left for him, then I'll just say "Good luck".

Suicide is a solution. Seldom the best one.
Sometimes the only one.
>>
Ask him his reasoning, but no matter what, I wouldn't stop him or make any attempt to talk him out of it.

I have no right to force another to live. If the roles were reversed I wouldn't want some faggot coming along and stopping me from making my own independent decision.

I'd promise that his last words would be heard by more than just myself, then I'd turn my back and let him do what he will.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 450x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 450x334
Do a flip feg
>>
i would jump myself to scare them out of it
>>
A) Do a barrel roll
B) Film it
C) Jump with the fucker because death is just the next great adventure and im bored
>>
start singing that song "na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, good byee" really loud
>>
quickly avoid the scene/area
certainly not interviene
they are far braver than I ever could be
>>
>>28450611
Stop them, because I'm not autistic.
>>
>>28450611
Well, who am I to stop him?
>>
Try to interview them. You gotta extract as much information as you can before it becomes inextractable
>>
Quietly watch, and protect his right to a wilful and dignified death if anyone tries to stop him.
>>
Jump off before he can so it looks like he's just copying me
>>
>>28450611
Hit on him. I'm lonely and I don't meet people that often. Maybe he'd want a suicidal girlfriend to do it with? It'd be nice to die with someone that loves me.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.