[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just lol if you think social "skills" are a skill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: rachel.jpg (119 KB, 1257x699) Image search: [Google]
rachel.jpg
119 KB, 1257x699
Well, technically they are a skill, but you cannot significantly improve them from any effort of your own.

In order to develop and maintain your social skills, you need to constantly be surrounded by people who are willing to spend time with and converse with you. And the only way to get people to genuinely enjoy being with you is to be good looking.

If overnight you were to miraculously develop really excellent social skills, people would still not enjoy being around you if you are ugly. You might give a seminar and people would really like it, and think you're really witty, etc, but when it comes to spending time with you face to face, people will want to spend as little time with you as possible, and they will show it in their body language. People just don't like being around ugly people.

Basically, you can't improve your social skills unless you are good looking. Look how well-spoken this 14yo girl is:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TX_-Zoom9Uc

She is an incredibly gifted speaker, and is able to think on the spot. And the fact that she is on TV in front of an audience of millions doesn't seem to bother her. Meanwhile, most of you guys sperg out trying to speak to the cashier.

She is good looking, so all her life she has gotten praise from her teachers, peers, etc, when she voices her thoughts. This has allowed her to practice her social skills without fearing the scorn of others, and as a result she has become very well-spoken very quickly.
>>
>>28449805
attractive people have the advantage but only for no substance first impression small talk. if you want to maintain close relationships you need more than good looks.

as for the girl, her mannerisms and speech is just a copy of grown ups and the guy is playing along. this is just a show for adults just like the child prodigies that come and go
>>
t. ugly girl who speaks like an aspie

if i was attractive, i wouldn't have grown up ostracized and I'd have decent social ability.
>>
There has to be more to it, I've seen plenty of average to below average people be well liked. Surely there's something you can do to compensate?
>>
>>28449805
No, they just straight ut don't exist, as long as you aren't autistic I don't get how you can't keep a conversation up with someone.
>>
File: image.png (381 B, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
image.png
381 B, 256x256
Op is correct. I used to come here all day every day while my bots would be running video games generating e currency to sell. I basically had no friends and didnt talk to anyome. Over the years i improved my social awkwardness by talking to people alot outside. I used to think it was due to willpower but the older i get the more i understand it is looks that matter, at least for talking to women. They are so shallow its sad.

I am a male model now and its the most depressing thing when i realize that all tese girls that tolerated me was because of my symmetry and nothing about my personality. I can have a handsome man friend but if the girl isnt into that type she will be a total bitch for no reason other than the lack of self interest. A man will sill talk to and discuss anything with a fellow man despite his appearance.

Experiment. If you are blessed with the right look or you know a girl is attracted to you try talking about all the most autistic shit you can. I do it and it makes me laugh and die inside at the same time. I once spent over a half hour in a crowded hollywood nightclub explaining to this fake tits fake nails super hot young girl about why my eviolite chansey was a far superior wall for both physical and special attacks. i literally got her to my house by offering to show her my vgc team setups for 5th gen. I have a sunflora for my sunny day team. Its cute like u
>>
>>28449805
Life cucks me once again, I don't know why I bother with it desu
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.