[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things that you did wrong/regret past the age of 18
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12
File: 1462227690642.jpg (1007 KB, 3000x1985) Image search: [Google]
1462227690642.jpg
1007 KB, 3000x1985
I'm 18 and I need some advise from you
>>
Everyfin
>>
>>28448789
so I just have to do nothing?
>>
>>28448802
get a job
work hard

everything else will work itself out. notice how none of the spergs on this board got jobs when they were 18
>>
>>28448828

>everything else will work itself out

that isn't a factual claim. for all you know, it might still come tumbling down regardless
>>
>>28448845
Being a hard worker never hurt anyone.
>>
>>28448871
maybe but working hard did
>>
>>28448828
>didn't get my first job till 20

Don't do what I did.
>>
>>28448845
he is right, by going out and working you gain more information about the world and learn what not to get wrong

the key mentality is to realize you are in control and heading in the right direction rather than throwing a bitch hissy fit over what is happening
>>
>>28448776
just fucking end it all now, lad
>>
>>28448776
It's hard to say.
I'm 31 and I don't necessarily hate myself but I see in retrospect some of the things I did wrong. You kinda learn some things in life that you realize are distractions.

Honestly, playing video games, watching movies, chasing females, going to bars and taking drugs are all true distractions. They do absolutely nothing for anybody. But I honestly can't help but do all of it.

Second part is if you can avoid those distractions then you should work extremely hard doing something with your life. Have a hobby of some sorts, become amazing at something.

I have a good job, I make good money but I feel like I could do better. I have a chick but I could definitely have a better chick. I play video games when I should be outside doing something progressive and active.
>>
I sold my copies of Valley of the Damned and Sonic Firestorm on eBay

I want to have them back
>>
>>28448828
Ive been working since i was 16
>>
not killing myself sooner
>>
>>28448997
not OP, by the way
>>
>>28448776
I didnt take every single chance I could to fuck someone. If someone is in your bed fuck them
>>
>>28448828
No fuck you I had a job cunt im still a damn near kiss less virgin
>>
>>28448776
Once you have reached adulthood your fate is largely sealed anyways mate.
>>
>>28449056
what job did you had?
>>
>Things that you did wrong/regret past the age of 18
Literally everything I've done since then
>>
>>28449077
Food service; first job was Little Caesars second was Panera. Simple jobs, just work hard and fast
>>
>>28449077
Not OP
>>28449056
FUCK STOP STEALING MY FUCKING THREAD!
>>
>>28448776
study well

lose virginity before 20

dont fuck up your knees son, careful in sports

get drivers license before 20

eat as healthy as possible

thats pretty much my biggest wishes that never came true due to me being lazy
>>
>>28449089
OP here, I like cats, I grew up with them
>>
>>28449128
>you learned discipline
>you learned the value of hard work
>you were in a position to make friends with your coworkers
>a billion things more

that job made your life much richer
>>
>>28449134
Thank you man, how old are you?
>>
Hooked up with an older guy on Craigslist. Killed any bi or gay tendencies I had
>>
>>28448776
get /fit/

do your homework
>>
File: 1459204108332.jpg (66 KB, 964x541) Image search: [Google]
1459204108332.jpg
66 KB, 964x541
don't get stuck in a rut. thats really it. as long as your making some kind of progress towards your goals then you're doing well. practice some hobbies and skills, learn some shit at skill, work part time for some extra money. u dont need to be mr successful productive chad man. when i was 18 i was basically a NEET who never got anything done. I went like half a year without talking to anyone, going outside, accomplishing anything, and it fucks up your mind. it makes you feel worthless and it becomes super difficult to dig yourself out of that depressive hole.

i managed to get myself mostly out of it just by doing small things every day. working out, practicing piano, getting good at video games instead of just eternally sucking at them, etc. i still have a ways to go but the point is that im trying every day and actually accomplishing things, even if theyre small

thats my advice, never let a day go by where u dont get at least one small thing done. whether its going for a run, reading a book for an hour, learning how to wavedash in smash bros melee, cleaning your room, etc. if u can get a good habit of daily goals together then you will be well on your way and you wont slip into depression
>>
>>28448776
Take summer classes when you get to college. Being a 22 year old without a degree is humiliating
Get guitar if you don't already have one. Helps getting laid
Start eating kale and carrots like a motherfucker. You want to keep dem teef nigga dental aint cheap
>>
Op here
>>28449248
So....I was a good decision?
>>28449257
I'm done with school, and not sure what I should do now
>>
Didn't say yes when she asked to get married
>>
>>28449248

lol greentext
>>
>>28448828
I had a job when I was 14, fuck you.
>>
>>28448776
it will only get worse so finish it now
>>
>>28449337
Let m guess, China?
>>
>>28448995
That will probably be your last thought before you die.
>>
>>28449184
im /fit/ and eat healthy pretty much, but still have a long way to go losing my virginity, and im waiting to get tested bout my drivers license, but its really stuff you have to do before 20 or else it becomes worse

imagine all my friends already know how women work and youre stuck at 5th grade mentality, or needing to drive to work or college and you dont even have license, its a horrible feeling

good luck kid, make the best of it and dont forget to party, i know i still do
>>
What I should've done

>Start working out and dieting ASAP
>Go to community college part time
>get a part time job
>absolutely no video games
>>
>>28449378
No, latino.
>>
>>28448776
Most of the things I regret where from when I was 14-18 so I'm not sure I can help.

The only thing I can tell you with certainty is DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TAKE OUT A STUDENT LOAN.

if you can't afford a four year school on your own then work your way through community college and enter the workforce. Get work exp until your 24 then re enroll as an Independent student. The government will throw money at you to finish your degree and you'll have better job prospects because you'll have work experience.
>>
File: 1461507107463.jpg (301 KB, 1280x1918) Image search: [Google]
1461507107463.jpg
301 KB, 1280x1918
Idiot. Girls are so tite when they are young. Of you are a low life gamer nerd forever alone type. U can't get the tite girls. Cmon son. Get ur shit together fast as possible. I'm 26 and in relationship. But fuc. I didn't get to fuck enough 18yr olds (or younger. Note this is cool If I were young as well)
>>
>>28449267
Not OP, but that was really motivational. Godspeed anon!
>>
>>28449299
I guess in retrospect
>>28449329
>be 20 year old me
>fall for the bi meme
>decide to post on craigslist
>49 year old guy messages me
>fuck it decide to go
>Get there
>We get on his bed
>Start making out
>ehhh not into it but decide to keep at it
>tongues start getting involved
>reeeeally not into this
>he starts jerking me off while we kiss
>a little more into it because getting aroused
>I cum
>realization hits me
>decide to stop
>he was cool about it and understood the whole experimentation meme
>>
>>28449634
there is no shame about it, you were young
>>
>>28449634
i think im falling for this meme myself
im not attracted to men but i have this feeling i could fuck a smooth feminine guy
>>
>>28448985
>I have a chick but I could definitely have a better chick.
Jesus Christ, I feel sorry for your gf. Hopefully she'll figure you out and dump you soon.
>>
>>28449634

What made you think hooking up with some random dude would be a good idea? If I was gonna test the bi meme I would at least hook up with a trap or a guy who seemed at least a little attractive.

I you're not attracted to a guys pictures you're definitely not gonna like it nwhen his cock and balls are in your face.
>>
Time is the most important thing there will be many things youll wish yiu had stared earlier like learning a language. Always consider your time like an investment will 500 hours of LoL ever leave a mark for anything?
>>
Your relationships are the most important thing in your life. I learned this the hard way. The earlier you start taking care of them and actively seeking out new ones, the easier it'll be.

The best thing you can do for yourself is improve your people skills. If you can, become a likeable, friendly, warm, caring person other people gravitate to. This is the best and to my knowledge only way for a human being to become happy. If you can't do that, then at least develop a number of close, strong bonds with good friends.
>>
>>28449808
If you see time as an investment, you won't enjoy life as much. If having fun is a waste of time, why would we live in the first place?

It's a matter of balance and how good you are at organizing your course of actions.
>>
>>28449299
>I'm done with school, and not sure what I should do now
>ignores getting /fit/
get /fit/ you retard.

then figure out what job you want and start studying using internet resources.
>>
>>28449862
thank you anon, feel hugged
>>
>>28448776
Whatever you do, do not turn 19. It's over after that.
>>
File: 1450553022713.jpg (621 KB, 3000x2241) Image search: [Google]
1450553022713.jpg
621 KB, 3000x2241
I will bump this shit with a picture of saoirse
>>
Being afraid.
Not taking chances.
Being scared of mistakes.
>>
get over the meme of feeling sorry for yourself and work your ass off in school (if thats an option) so you wont have to do it later. trust me.
>>
>Be sociable, browse the internet, fb, etc less
>Stop sitting at home feeling sorry for yourself
>Stop fapping so much
>>
>>28449248
did yourself a favour
>>
>>28448776
leave 4chan
don't waste your time in passive activities
>>
>>28449665
Yeah, it's still a regret memory though
>>28449716
Just go for it, if you dont like it then you dont like it
>>28449788
He wasn't ugly and I thought I was into older men
>>
>>28448828
you're mixing up cause and effect

I had a job when I was 15
>>
things i regret huh?
lemme put it this way
i regret never having the motivation to get /fit/ or find friends
i regret not gettting my drivers licence before turning 20
i regret not moving out of moms basement by 21 when i had the chance
i regret being beta
i regret letting things spiral out of control when they did
i regret not being able to leave 4chan
i regret that both relationships ive had between finishing highschool and now were with landwhales

22 now, and im trying my damndest to not let things get worse
>>
File: 1392883179223.jpg (26 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
1392883179223.jpg
26 KB, 400x394
format will be
>what I did wrong
what I should have done

>didn't keep the first job I started on
started work as a waiter and tried working weekdays. mistake, and I should have only tried working weekends while in school.

>didn't get involved more in class
if you don't get something just fucking ask, I never did it and often times I ended up wasting time trying to learn on my own.

>get too focused on getting a gf
I spent about 3 years obsessed with one girl in HS. when another girl finally gave me attention in college I basically lost all my shit, and spent way too much time with her. learn to balance it out (goes for other things too like vidya, tv, etc).

>didn't understand anything about taxes, credit, or other finances
Sign up for a credit card (discover student is good starter), learn to do taxes and don't keep asking other people to help with it

>working on assignments last minute
I mean everyone does this, but really just keep track of time, and work on things for 1 hour out of a day and it'll be a lot easier to finish the day before

>easily distracted by internet
just fucking get off the internet and force yourself to study or work on important things for a certain amount of time. Here I am typing this post when I should be working on finals studying
>>
>>28448985
>31
>30 fucking 1
>twelve times 2 plus 7
>hanging out on a website with children you are old enough to father
>>
>>28448776
>got semi-drunk then took my moms diazepam
>she and my father confront me about it as I'm on it and I cant see straight and get so distraught I start crying
>depression overload.exe
>they probably thought I tried to commit suicide or something when in fact I was just trying to get fucked up and counted out the dosage knowing how it'll affect me so I can have a good night

Want to die more than ever desu
>>
Fucking not doing anything productive until I was 21.

You feel like shit after spending years not working or going to school. Just fill your time with something, doesnt even have to be work or school. Just do something besides staying inside all day playing video games, watching anime, and occassionally going out with friends.
>>
>>28448845
Yeah it might. But it won't. On this board are maybe 20 people whom's life is shit because of external influences and the rest is just self pitying NEETs that can't handle the truth.
>>
Got fat
>>
Went to college even though I was too immature to know what I wanted to do or focus on my studies instead of vidya.

Luckily I dropped out after my first year and didn't go in debt
>>
>>28448776
I'm 22. Some things I wish I did between age 18 and now.

>save money
>not jack off twice a day
>practice my skills more
>got a better handle on what I wanted to do
>lose weight earlier
>>
>>28448776
Do not spend money on bullshit. Save every penny of your paycheck. Get a YMCA membership and make that your hobby.
>>
I didn't try hard enough in college which set me back on my plans by 4 years. I turn 23 soon, finally got my shit together.
>>
>>28449474
I disagree. If you're studying something lucrative or otherwise building marketable skills, the student loan isn't gonna mean too much if it means you'll graduate faster and easier.
>>
File: 1415586270000.png (280 KB, 403x316) Image search: [Google]
1415586270000.png
280 KB, 403x316
>>28448828

You forgot don't be an ugly manlet.

I've had a job since I was 17. Never been NEET.

Still ended up a wizard.
>>
File: 1437228794377.png (141 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1437228794377.png
141 KB, 500x366
>>28451919

I don't think you understand how this works.
>>
File: 1462729473175.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1462729473175.gif
2 MB, 384x216
Don't search for Truth and Beauty, because once you find what they mean and realize everything that we've doing since the 20th century has been fucking it up and coincidentally understand Adolf Hitler was our last chance, it's over.

O. V. E. R.
>>
>>28451880
what are you studying?
oreganoing
>>
>>28448776
>tfw Canadian living in America (texas)
>tfw went to a super expensive private school
>wont name the school, but 85% of the kids in my class end up going to places like MIT, Harvard, Stanford, West Point, etc. While the rest go to UT Austin or Rice.
>tfw have older brother that was chad and super popular that hated the US (he was liberal, like 90% of the school)
>tfw he basically shat all over the US in school, but got away with it because he was attractive, the head of the school soccer team and smart and also because the school was full of rich self-hating American kids
>tfw he teaches me to hate America, despite us living there
>tfw when me and the friends me and brother shared went to school and picked on this one group of kids that felt patriotic to their own country
>tfw we would make them feel so bad for loving their country to the point of them crying, and pointing and laughing at them as they ran off
>tfw we would accuse them of war crimes and drone strikes
>tfw we accused them of being racist and horrible people soo much that even they kinda started believing it despite never doing anything to suggest that
>tfw we started believing it too, making us hurt them worse
>tfw we would beat them up after school for being "rednecks", "islamphobic", etc
>tfw when they had to start eating lunch in their cars in the parking lot because we would make fun of them so much.
>tfw we even went farther than that and dragged them from the parking lot one day and threw them into the school lake during lunch some times while singing the National anthem at the top of our lungs, to mock them
>tfw we got the whole school to laugh with us
>tfw when we did this for years from 4th grade to 12th grade
>tfw when in uni now and starting to realize how much of a shit bag I was.
>tfw when feeling horrible amounts of guilt while typing this out

I don't care if anybody reads this; but Brandon, Ryan, Miranda, Mason, Dawson, Jacob, and Lucas, I am so very very very sorry.
>>
>>28452656
(Part 2)
Advice to you OP;

Treat people with respect. When you see somebody getting hurt, you need to stop it immediately, do you understand?
>>
>>28452445
computer engineeru
>>
>>28452168
True, but two things

1. Most people don't major in something lucretive. They go 'muh passion!' and study fucking anthropology.

2. Only half of college students graduate within 6 years anyway.

Success with student loans is dependent on OP not only majoring in something worth while, but sticking to actually graduate.
>>
>>28452656
Literally kill yourself you fag
>>
I regret trying to kill myself with fentanyl and Xanax, because it didn't work and now my life is in shambles because I had to stop everything I was doing and go into "recovery"
My regret is that I didn't man up and put my neck on railroad tracks like I will next time
>>
File: 1458240300124.gif (2 MB, 400x385) Image search: [Google]
1458240300124.gif
2 MB, 400x385
>>28452656

>i was a piece of shit for more than a decade, but if i write an anonymous letter of apology to people that will never read it that makes it ok

It really does not.
>>
>>28453009

>ruining some train conductor's life

Yeah, great plan.
>>
>>28453009
if you're going to kill yourself go fucking walk into the ocean
>>
>>28452731
understood
you changed, try to accept it
>>
>>28453145
that's bullshit, just hang yourself
>>
>>28452656
Bullying people is a thing. Bullying people because they did the right thing and you were a fucking ignorant leftist scumbag is a whole new level of shame. You better go find these kids now, apologize for your shitty behavior and make something drastic to make them feel beter and erase these memories. Elitist spoiled rich fucks with no respect for nobody
>>
>>28449179
>you learned the value of hard work
Top fucking kek. Minimum wage jobs teach you that working hard is a pointless and painful endeavor. You can chat with your coworkers and munch fries during the slow hours or you can scrub the counters and hose down the trash cans in the back, but you still get paid the same and your boss will still treat you like shit. In most of these kind of jobs promotions are based only on seniority
>>
-Read for fun, no one does it anymore
-Stop measuring yourself to other people
-Live and focus in the now cause it's the only thing that exsists
-Women are children and will always fuck up and drive you crazy
-STOP CARING WITH WHAT OTHERS THINK OF YOU
-DO NOT PLAY MORE THEN 2 HOURS OF VIDEO games a week
-Don't watch TV, period. Or movies for that matter.
-don't fap at all
- Moisturize daily
-Develop a money conciousness, try to make money every day in any way you can. Instead of playing video games come up with a way to make money
-Lick the clit once and you own the bitch
>>
Less r9k
More pol
>>
>>28449613
I hear you man.

I'm 25 and can still fuck 18/19 year olds from tinder but I know that I don't have that long before I'll only really be able to get 24+ year old girls and it will happen sooner than I expect.
>>
>>28448776
Have at least half of your college tuition money right now?
If yes, get a good degree and you might meet some fellow robots.
If no, either join the armed forces, or get a stable part time job right now. If you keep living at home you shouldn't have more than $100 a month in expenses, so working 15 hours a week would give you enough money to play all the vidya you want in the remaining 143 hours in the week.
>>
Dont listen to anyone here. We are all failures here, why do you want advice from us? (Ironically, you can also not listen to my advice)
>>
>>28452656
You should kys baka desu senpai
>>
>>28448776
Not going to prom
I didn't go to college for a year and I was hating myself for it, but my friend finally talked sense into me, so I'm going in the fall.
>>
>>28448776
I posted to /soc/ and a gril liked me... or so I thought.

I was (nearly) turned into an orbiter, but I was still to good for that.
>>
Get a proper education, but put some research into it before pulling the trigger. I went to art school without thinking too hard about my choice, and to this day I still regret that decision. Basically, don't go to post-secondary just for the sake of it. Consider what you want to do with your life after school, not just what you want to do while you're going to school. Many people go to university or college for fun and interesting subjects, hoping things will just magically work in their favor, but life just isn't that easy.

You've probably heard this all before, but I think it's worth mentioning. Or maybe I'm just a loser. Whatever. Do whatever the fuck you want dude, my opinion isn't worth shit anyways.
>>
>>28448776

Start an IRA now, I'm 25 still don't have one.
>>
File: 1406974933665.jpg (1 MB, 1188x918) Image search: [Google]
1406974933665.jpg
1 MB, 1188x918
>>28448776

>Almost fucked a guy after giving up
>Stopped while tickling his asshole

Don't do it OP just wait a while longer or kys now
>>
Drink more alcohol and bang more fat chicks. You gotaa start with the fatties to work your way up. The more chicks you bang the more women find you attractive.
>>
>reading this thread

bout to kill myself I ruined everything.
>>
>>28449267
this 100x

don't fall into a rut.
>>
Not taking college seriously at first. I took a year of college right out of school and was settling for lower grades like a C. Then I just all together dropped out of college. A couple years later I decided to go back. Get a 4.0 every semester but my gpa is held down because I was fucking retarded when I was 18/19. If I had not been retarded and also stayed in school I'd have graduated by now.
>>
File: 1456392711317.jpg (161 KB, 414x615) Image search: [Google]
1456392711317.jpg
161 KB, 414x615
>>28452656
Stay the fuck out of my country.
>>
You might want to think twice about dating a woman with serious health problems at your age.

It might fuck you up mentally because she'll likely want to be treated like she's totally normal, but objectively speaking she's not and you're going to have to make adjustments for her disabilities.

Meanwhile the whole of society doesn't give a shit about your relationship and is going to be breathing down your neck, expecting you to work really hard.

I'm not saying don't do it...but maybe you shouldn't do it.
>>
File: 1457963557859.gif (2 MB, 393x221) Image search: [Google]
1457963557859.gif
2 MB, 393x221
>>28455738
>Didn't go to prom
>Knew the kind of person I was
>Didn't have the horrible night that would have been realized if I had attended
>Don't regret not being there at all

I have no free will over how people make me feel. I am always nervous and upset when in groups of 3 or more.

Some people just can't ice skate up hill.
>>
>>28452656
This can't be real. No canadian man would ever act alpha.

It was just a prank bro.
>>
>>28457250
This. Girls with physical or mental health problems are fucked
>physical - she will take out the stress her body gives her on you and you'll never know if you legitimately did something wrong or if its just her blood pressure or liver or whatever acting up again
>mental - self explanatory. Your whiteknight reflexes may push you toward damsel-in-distress types with ""depression"" or bipolar or something, but you'll wake up when you get fed up with her acting even more irrationally than a normal woman does, like when she gets withdrawn and irritable in the middle of a dinner you just paid $60 for or when she bangs Chad because you didn't reply to her 25 texts while you were at work
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.