[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robot has experience of working on cruise ship?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 700x475_HeaderImage_Breakaway.jpg (69 KB, 700x475) Image search: [Google]
700x475_HeaderImage_Breakaway.jpg
69 KB, 700x475
Any robot has experience of working on cruise ship?
>>
File: 1447829302857.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1447829302857.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>28448552

you will work around a bunch of minorities. pajeets... eurofags... maybe some hot chinks if you're lucky. much higher than average homo population as well.

pay generally sucks. but it sure beats watching anime in your mom's basement. so go for it.
>>
>>28448552

Yeah, I worked on a Norwegian Cruise Line ship for three months. Filipino male, 27.

Not a job for depressed, antisocial, unmotivated robots (which is why I got fired). Was expected to cater to asshole fatass American tourists waddling around 24/7 bitching because their drink had 5 ice cubes when they asked for 6, deal with psychotic OCD manager who would cuss me out in Tagalog in front of the guests with a big smile like he was telling me I had just been promoted, and tons of cute co-workers who thought I was raw sewage.

Exhausting, brutally humiliating and repetitive work for shit pay, only interact with people when they were ordering me around or complaining about something I couldn't do fuck all about ("tell the captain to slow the boat down, it's rocking too much!!" seriously, I heard that at least twice a week). Cramped quarters with people you'd never associate with otherwise...I bunked with two faggy American theater students who thought being in a shitty show on a no-name cruiseship meant they were one step from stardom. One blew farts all the time because his ass muscles were so destroyed.

The only good part was getting free time in port, but I was always in trouble, so I only did that once. But it was good to walk around and sneer at the Mexicans.

Got written up for shit like being rude to the guests and being late for shifts, then was told I was done. Figure that's 3 months off my time in Hell.
>>
>>28448670
>his contemplating existence face
>>
>>28448552
Find work on a real ship.

Put down some neetbux for a Merchant Mariner's Credential and TWIC. After that, take your STCW course, go to your local SIU hiring hall, and find work on a tanker, container ship, bulk carrier, or some other kind of U.S. flag commercial vessel.

You'll start out as an Ordinary Sailor (OS) in either the deck or engine department. On deck, you'll be tightening lashing gear, chipping rust, painting, and line handling. If you go engine, it'll be oiling parts, cleaning the workshop, and helping the engineers do the big boy work.

Alternative to both of these, you can work in the steward dept., where's you'll be cleaning, serving food, and doing laundry.

It's shitty work, but the industry is almost 100% robots. There's even internet on some vessels.
>>
>>28451200
lol 'real ship' like its 1950.

dat shit is all automated now they don't even have a crew on cargo ships.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.