[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck are normies so unappreciate of gifts and presents?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: wheelcutter.jpg (32 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
wheelcutter.jpg
32 KB, 600x395
Why the fuck are normies so unappreciate of gifts and presents?

>Fathers birthday today
>Don't want to buy him a thing because he is an ass to me all the time
>Decide he likes cooking so I should buy him something related to cooking as a gesture of goodwill
>Don't want to spend lots of money
>Buy him 4 pizza cutters
>Label 1 'meat', 1 'vegetable', 1 'extra cheese' and 1 'deep dish'
>He opens them
>Tell him it is for when he makes me frozen pizza which is the recipe he cookes that I enjoy the most (he is a shit cook)
>he gets mad and asks if that is the only gift I bought him
>tell him yes
>he refuses to take the gift, tells me 'I can make my own food from now on, if I can figure out how to use the oven without burning the house down'
>takes ALL of my frozen pizza from the freezer and tells me that 'his freezer isn't going to look like the broken dreams of an obese failure' anymore
>tells me to go upstairs

I don't get it. I have very little money due to working only 3 days a week. I did something nice for him and entertained his little chef fantasy and this is the thanks I get?
>>
what a piece of shit, never buy him anything again OP
>>
>>28447678
You sure are an asshole.
>>
>>28447769
i agree op you are a dick
>>
>>28447678
if you have autism let me spell it out for you

>here's a gift
>you can use it to do my bidding like a good slave
>>
>>28447769
>>28447871
don't look a gift horse in the mouth
>>
>>28448049
It's a selfish gift and OP needs a reality check.
>>
>>28447678
if he thinks hes a chef buy him kitchen knives, 4 pizza cutter is just plain stupid and insulting, also its like you made a gift to yourself, you bought something to make it easier for him to make food for you
>>
>>28448071
how is it possibly selfish? He spent money on a gift with good intentions for his father, and the father threw it back in his face
>>
>>28448107
>good intentions for his father

I quote:
>Tell him it is for when he makes me frozen pizza
Seflishness in action.
>>
Every time I get my mom a gift she says she loves it and it sits on a shelf for the rest of eternity. I've realized how materialistic she is, and she only likes a gift if it cost at least $100. As a result I've started getting her cheap gifts that mean a lot. This Mother's Day I got her a giant birdhouse shaped like a castle because she loves birds. She didn't like it because it wasn't painted. I even said we could paint it together as a project and spend some time together, and she told me to go paint it myself.

I've lost all hope
>>
>>28448130
something that makes that task easier, oh wow what a selfish fuck!
>>
>>28448107
might as well buy him a shampoo bottle and say it's for when you wash my hair for me

then exclaim "how is that selfish? it was a gift I bought with my own money"
>>
>>28448161
He would have been better off by giving him twenty bucks and calling it a day. If you buy someone something that mainly you benefit from, you are by default a dick.
>>
>>28448149
That was sad.
>tfw no one wants to spend time with you
>tfw you can't muster the energy or social skill to spend time with others
Both suck senpai
>>
File: 1454958110623.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1454958110623.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>28448107
>"Hey, I got you cooking utensils for your birthday so you can cook me more food!"

If you can't see the problem with that, then you're beyond saving.
>>
God I hope this is a troll thread. If not OPs dad should've beat the fuck out of him.
>>
>>28448201
>>28448301
he was going to cook those pizzas anyway, it just makes his job easier, therefore getting pizza cutters was not selfish. Not that spending your own money on a gift that goes to someone else can be selfish at all regardless of who it benefits.
>>
>>28449160
so instead of offering to make them yourself you just basically say "this is your job, we all know and accept this"
>>
>>28449246
That has nothing to do with the gift being selfish or not
>>
>>28449704
it actually does

if you want to know how just look at the rest of the thread
>>
>>28449739
the point is that the gift cannot possibly be selfish, because not only is he paying with it with his own money, it's something that will make one of his regular tasks easier. It makes no difference to OP how his father cuts his pizzas because the end result for him is the same. This only benefits the father, it is a thoughtful gift.
>>
>>28449964
No way is a thoughtful gift if a gift at all.
>>
>tfw even more autistic than OP (+fear of gift being mocked) so never buy anyone gifts
>tfw act like a stoner retard so it seems reasonable i don't know birthdays

i'm an asshole but i'm a defensive asshole
>>
Your dad sounds like a real piece of shit. You have to stand up for yourself, OP. After my mom acted like a real bitch to me, I didn't empty out my piss bottles for a MONTH
>>
>>28448301
>its not a cooking utensil its just the most narrowed item you could have in the kitchen its only for pizzas and only fatass op eats those
>>
Sounds like the "gift" was a jab at your father . Stupid being a passive aggressive little bitch
>>
>>28447678

Yeah, nah.

You were being a dick and it backfired on you.

The problem with people is that they fancy themselves too clever by half. It's not hard to tell when someone is taking a passive-aggressive stab at you, fuckknuckle.

Now go apologize to your dad.
>>
>>28449964
a real gift would be trying to learn how to cook his own food
>>
>>28451545

This.

Or do something for him, like spruce up the yard, or clean out the garage.
>>
>>28447678
OP just go up to him. Say youre sorry for your selfish gift. Get him something he will genuinely like, hell make him a card like you did back in primary if you cant think of anything. Reestablish your bond
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.