[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you have free will if you don't choose to exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: robot.jpg (73 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
robot.jpg
73 KB, 620x372
How can you have free will if you don't choose to exist? the very free will you believe you have is a property of existence which is not a decision. When you say you have free will you're pretty much saying "due to the fact that i was born into an environment which condition me to believe i have free will, i have free will.
>>
>>28446377
conditioned*

oregano
>>
I'm really getting annoyed at your "free will" shitposting.

Shit is this what I was like when I went through my fedora nihilist phase? No wonder nobody liked me
>>
File: 1461251461139.png (84 KB, 260x312) Image search: [Google]
1461251461139.png
84 KB, 260x312
>>28446418
>my face when the roach believes it has free will
>>
>>28446418
"hurr durr i don't like what this thread is about therefore it is a shitpost"

What?
>>
>>28446471
It's a shitpost when there's a fedora-tier "free will is non existent!@!@" thread created the second the other one got ate by page 11 because nobody gave enough of a shit to reply to it
>>
>>28446501
If you could've simply hid this thread.
>>
>>28446501
Besides, what's wrong with wanting to have a debate about a controversial topic? I want to see what kind of arguments free willies have.
>>
So we don't have the free will in the idealist philosophical sense.

But some semblance of free will is explained using materialist philosophy. The mind is just one of stages of development of matter. And mind, which is the human brain, has properties of reflecting the world around us inside it.

It is just a computer with inputs, outputs, memory and some processing power.

Within the confines of this categorization, something like free will might exist, but it is mostly just a huge optimization machine, a problem solving machine. A machine that makes errors. And probably deliberate error making might be the free will.
>>
>>28446661
>free willies
This is a great term.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.