[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Filling out job application and see this: >REASON FOR LIVING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Subway-Application.gif (165 KB, 600x777) Image search: [Google]
Subway-Application.gif
165 KB, 600x777
Filling out job application and see this:

>REASON FOR LIVING
>REASON FOR LIVING
>REASON FOR LIVING
>REASON FOR LIVING

>they fucking know
>>
>working food service

Horrible, horrible idea, OP. You're better off just being a NEET, trust me.
>>
>>28446094
uhm it says reason for LEAVING
>>
>>28446115
It's just a sample application. I'm going to be working with poor people to help them steal from the government.
>>
Obligatory orreganol post
>>
>>28446144
That's what it says but that is not what I saw the first time. That's my whole point.
>>
File: 1445528663120.jpg (10 KB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1445528663120.jpg
10 KB, 250x233
>tfw I'm 22 and I'd have to leave half of this blank because I've never had a job and don't know anybody to use as references outside of my family
>>
>>28446247
You should find places to volunteer and if you are in any type of school you can ask your favorite teacher.
>>
>>28446094
>Reason for leaving
Termination of employment
>Reason for leaving
>Reason for leaving
>>
>>28446341
Or rather just say that it was temporary, regardless if you got fired or not.
>>
>>28446341

Never admit you got fired. EVER.

Always say the company or business was downsizing. That's understandable and accepted. Firing opens up too many questions and closes too many doors
>>
>references
Holy shit, people who don't have social connections are fucked. Do companies not give a shit about these people
>>
>>28446465
Not necessarily true. I got a job sanding and painting aircraft accessories after telling them I got fired for fucking up trim with a belt sander. Just gotta prove you have skills you're bringing to the table and the motivation behind them. Also, some companies do contact previous employers.
>>
>2016
>not falsifying your entire resume
My work history is so shitty that I have to resort to dishonesty.
>>
>>28446484
They don't. They want someone with some form of experience so they can show you're a decent worker.

Why would they want to hire somebody in their mid 20s who has never had a job and just have a giant blank between highschool and then?
>>
>>28446509
That only works for low level jobs that anybody can do
>>
>>28446484
They legitimately don't. People with social connections just tell their friends to pretend they worked for them. The higher the demand for the position and the higher the wage the more lies and bullshit are in the resume. People with honest resumes, regardless of how experienced they are, have no chance.
>>
>>28446484

They've got like a trillion applicants per job posting, and no high-level position is going to be given to some shit that can't even scrounge up a few professional contacts to act as references.
>>
>>28446529
I mean people who have had no friends throughout school (Social autists) and have no family are screwed if they ever try to get hired.
>>
>>28446541
I got an IT job by lying through my teeth.
It was really boring though.
>>
>>28446509
>>28446541
If you hear business students talk about their resumes in private it is all 100% bullshit. These are the people working corporate gigs on chase and goldman sachs. The motto for most of these people is "fake it, till you make it" and "it's not a lie until you get caught".
>>
>>28446484

No they do not, which is why there is literally nothing wrong with collecting NEETbux.
>>
>>28446625

Friends and family aren't really counted as "references"

By references they mean past employers or college professors.
>>
File: 1462455350965.png (53 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1462455350965.png
53 KB, 645x773
>>28446338

>try to volunteer
>they still want you to provide references
>>
>>28446658
I think he meant people who get a job through friends and family, which is the most common way to get a job.
>>
>>28446686

Then you're just fucked because you have no one to recommend you to begin with
>>
>>28446679
Really? Holy shit. Probably a background check.

>try to get phone plan from t-mobile
>have to get a prepaid plan because they didn't find anything

I wonder what they will find when they run a background check on me now for a job. I have more background now but it'll look fucking barren.
>>
>>28446721
Everyone is fucked.
>>
>>28446811

Not normies with friends. I've seen numerous people who've gotten fired for being incompetent or unprofessional and within a week they have another job
>>
>>28446835
People tend to want what they don't have though.
People who don't earn money wants to earn money.
People who earn money wants to earn more money. etc
It's all in our heads.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.