[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are most people kinda shit at their job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 1459694537035.jpg (329 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1459694537035.jpg
329 KB, 2048x1152
So I've been working full-time for about 7 years now, mostly in IT-related positions, and if there's one impression I'm left with by now it's that most people don't seem to be all that good at their job. In fact, most of them seem to be rather shit at their job.

This puzzles me a bit. I mean, it's not like I'm exactly some kind of ubermensch, I consider myself pretty average in most areas, but I interact with so many people on a daily basis that just seem straight up inept at work. They appear to lack both theoretical and practical skills required to perform adequately in their positions, and no one seems the slightest bit interested in actually improving by picking up new skills and learning better ways to work.

They have one set way, usually slow and inefficient, to perform every task that they do. If anything out of the ordinary happens they're completely stumped because they don't actually understand what the fuck they're doing, or why, they've just learned where to click or where to put something or what to say to someone.

This applies to people at all levels, from the guys on the floor to upper management. There are exceptions of course, but they're few and far between, and it rarely seems like skill, dedication and work ethic actually helps you climb the corporate ladder.

Is this shit for real? Is anyone else seeing this or am I just being crazy?
>>
File: 1422894692321.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1422894692321.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
>>28446026

It's pretty common, and it's because everyone hates their worthless fucking jobs, and they know that their job is fucking pointless bullshit.

Why work hard to master some piece of shit job you have to suffer through? Just figure out the easiest way to get stuff done quickly without getting fired and fuck the rest.
>>
do you really only realise this 7 years later?
>>
Most people just want to do their job while expending as little mental energy as possible and go home.
>>
>>28446159
This. I figured it out before I turned 14.

>>28446158
I'm not sure that the only reason. Certainly not the main reason. It might be for a few people but they might not realize the underlying reason : people are stupid and did not think about it or did not trully understand what they are doing (you know, what's happening under the hood).
>>
I remember when I knew how to do everyone's job better than them, back when I was an inexperienced ignorant fuck in my early to mid twenties. Wow I really must have looked like tool.
>>
File: 1462402494825.jpg (83 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
1462402494825.jpg
83 KB, 600x540
>>28446026
>Are most people kinda shit
Yes
>>
>>28446026
It's not that they aren't good at their jobs. Some maybe but not all. Me personally I work depending on how well I'm paid. For example if you pay me minimum wage expect minimum effort
>>
What most people that have been in one position all their lives tend to do is show the new people the least amount possible so that they think they have job security when the lay offs start happening. If by two years you haven't found a new job somewhere that pays more then you're basically a failure or broke the #1 rule of work which is "never make friends of your coworkers."
>>
>>28447285
and that's why people hire immigrants for shit pay, it's your own fault you have a minimum wage job and they you act all mighty and don't even do it properly
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.