[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /r9k/ Probably gonna kill myself some time tomorrow.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: stikkontakt.jpg (52 KB, 560x390) Image search: [Google]
stikkontakt.jpg
52 KB, 560x390
Alright /r9k/
Probably gonna kill myself some time tomorrow. Need some advice.

I was home alone today and wanted to test what would happen if I were to take some aluminum foil
and wrap it so it makes two sticks that I could put into one of pic related.
I'm not a complete idiot, so I set it up with the power off and when i went to test it, I touched both aluminum with only one hand. (And yes, it fucking hurt)

My question is:
What would happen if I were to grab one "stick" with my left hand, and the other "stick" with my right hand?
Would I die?
Would the house burn down?
Would the power cut out at some point?

Please just tell me everything that might happen if I do this.
>>
pls respond to my thread guys, i live in a big appartment complex and a lot of things could go wrong here
>>
>>28445593
This is a stupid idea, OP. Don't do this.
>>
>>28445593
I am not going to help you commit suicide. Get your shit together.
>>
It will likely shock you badly and will hurt but will unlikely kill you, as you will probably spasm the prongs out of the socket. Even if you devise a different method or if you don't spasm the prongs the circuit breaker will almost certainly break the circuit stopping the flow of electricity for you and everyone on that circuit.

The pain would be immense and you will likely not die.

Please refer to these resources and get some help, it's never too late. Even if you don't want help you may find it comforting to speak with someone:

http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres
>>
File: 1440008914559.gif (401 KB, 500x197) Image search: [Google]
1440008914559.gif
401 KB, 500x197
>>28445593

I have electrocuted myself accidentally a few times. I could feel the alternating current quite clearly, spasming sensation, partially in panic and partially by instinct I got the hell away from it though. I had one occasion where I took both leads and shorted them on a metal plate, lots of sparks flying in front of me, for a few seconds I lost my vision and my ears shut for a while longer. Earth leakage breaker tripped quite quickly, it's typically what happens and most likely what's going to happen to you as well, even if you get shocked you're probably not very likely to die. You'll have a better chance if you hook your sticks to the incoming leads in the fuse box.

If you wanna make a fun experiment you can put those two sticks of yours through a hotdog, switch the power on and grill it.

If I were you I'd probably do an indoor bbq instead, seal up your room tight, fire up the grill and go to sleep.
>>
>>28445593
At least fuck some shit up before you die
Like take out a massive loan get massive drugs and guns and be a gangster.
Then you can die in a cool way
>>
I got zapped when I was little kid once. Don't really remember anything from before or after that, but I got a rather unimpressive scar out of it.
>>
I know an electrician who has been electrocuted multiple times by mains. It will make your muscles clench, there's a chance you will clamp down and not be able to let go but most likely you will probably spasm and nothing serious will happen. Stupid method.
>>
Why are electrical outlets so cute?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.