[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>raised by a single mother >constantly pointed out my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: 1462649735536.jpg (122 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1462649735536.jpg
122 KB, 1024x1024
>raised by a single mother
>constantly pointed out my physical flaws with snide little comments that I guess she thought were "helpful"
>when she got mad she'd get super passive-aggressive and have me walking on eggshells for the whole day, scared to leave my room
>when she got really mad she would grab me by the shoulders and shake me while screaming into my face
>this was all over really trivial shit like me not cleaning my room
>constantly complained about how she had to do everything around the house, made me feel utterly worthless because I was technically the "man in the house" and I couldn't even do simple shit like use a power drill
>as a result, grow up with no self-esteem and become an anxious wreck who can't even go outside
>she refuses to take any blame for how I turned out
>according to her, since she never beat me and never cursed at me then she wasn't a bad mother
>mfw
If I raised a kid as screwed-up as me I'd think I utterly failed as a parent. I fucking hate this woman desu. I love parts of her but overall she has been an incredibly negative influence on my life and I wish I could just get away from her. Is twenty too old to run away from home?
>>
>>28444816
>Is twenty too old to run away from home?
Yep. If you were a minor you'd get special treatment if you were ever found. Now you'll just die on the streets and nobody will give a shit.
>>
>>28444816
You gotta be baiting but thats not important. Get a grip ffs.
>>
>>28444816
>Man sexes you and leaves you with some shitty robot
>Try and be a strict parent as don't want no shitty rebellious oxygen thief
>Provide the neccesities and shelter to this walking reminder of a shitty ex partner
>Your robot son turns out to be a spoiled brat
>He couldn't even use a powerdrill

I feel sorry for your mother man, you're essentially a walking reminder of the piece of shit your dad was. Wish her good luck from me.
>>
>>28444907
>Man sexes you and leaves you with some shitty robot
>Woman couldn't keep her legs
>>
>>28444907
Maybe she shouldn't have hopped on Chad's dick and gotten pregnant out of wedlock. Then I wouldn't have had to be the man of the house at eight years old. Just a thought.
>>
>>28444960
>closed
>>
>>28444982
lmao you're acting just like your mother, passive aggressive bitch.
>>
>>28444960
Ofcourse she couldn't she's a roastie whore. But atleast she tried to give her failure of a son some willpower and backbone, Much more than a lot of parents nowadays.

>>28444982
You do realise 8 is actually pretty old for that kind of thing. My dad died before I could even remember, you seem to have had a similar upbringing to me except a lot nicer, and you're acting like a spoilt millenial.
>>
>according to her, since she never beat me and never cursed at me then she wasn't a bad mother

Yeah well, she has a point anon.
>>
>>28445007
The difference is he doesn't have a kid to fuck up
>>
>>28445018
>Ofcourse she couldn't she's a roastie whore. But atleast she tried to give her failure of a son some willpower and backbone, Much more than a lot of parents nowadays
You don't give your son a backbone by constantly telling him he is a failure, single mothers do a horrible job at raising kids
>>
>>28444982
Your op and this post resonates with me extremely. My mom was incredibly psychologically abusive, and like at 8 would scream at me to be a man and an adult cause all she did was smoke weed and do opiates all day.

If I actually tried to "man up" and do stuff she'd hover over me, see me do it wrong, freak the fuck out, and do it herself. Never tried to teach me.

I'm a girl now, and life isn't all that bad.
>>
>>28445027
But how? You can completely destroy a person without ever laying a finger on them or uttering a single curse word. That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say, honestly, and it seems like she's just setting arbitrary parameters just to give herself an excuse to not feel guilty or feel partially-responsible.
>>
>>28445069
If he is a failure then yes you do, otherwise you end up with the nanny-protective state we live in now. Where you have to medicate children from age 6 because they aren't disciplined. Honestly i'm kind of upset she didn't physically abuse him, it's probably what he needed. But kids nowadays will always find something to complain about.

>Mummy was mean about me :'(
>Better post about it on the interwebs
>>
>>28445018
>give her failure of a son some willpower and backbone
Children aren't "failures" as children they're the product of their environment. Shocking, isn't it, the notion that shitty parents and/or shitty schools produce shitty people and not the other way around.
>>
>>28445100
>If he is a failure then yes you do
If he's a failure then the parent has already done a shit job and just making things worse, they should blame themselves instead.
>>
>>28445097

She's the product of her genetics and upbringing too, man. Did you ever think of that?

Maybe she wanted to hit you but didn't and it was a big thing that she didn't do it and you're shitting all over something that she had to work hard not to do.
>>
>>28445094
>If I actually tried to "man up" and do stuff she'd hover over me, see me do it wrong, freak the fuck out, and do it herself. Never tried to teach me.
Oh hey, this too. All the time. It became a self-perpetuating cycle where I would attempt something worrying I was going to fuck it up and have her get mad at me and take over, then proceed to fuck it up, have her get mad at me, and take over. Time and time and time again until I eventually completely lost faith in my ability to do even the most basic of tasks.

How's the trap life coming along, bro?
>>
>>28444816
It's not just you, all single mothers are horrible grew up the same.
>>
>>28445186
>product of genetics and upbringing
Love this meme about human non-agency. Simultaneously ingorant of philosophy AND science!
>>
>>28445141
>>28445166
If you want to argue that people are solely based on there environment when growing up, then the mother is blameless, and her parents and so on and so forth. You have to take responsbility for your own actions. Anon had a roof over his head, I assume food/water, sure he was "le emotionally abused" but good lord grow up a bit.
>>
>>28445202
yeah thats basically what she id to me every day over and over and over

trap life is okay, i had a hormonal disorder so i looked like a girl or at least like i never hit puberty, so now i look like a girl

i call my gf mommy, no surprised there

i have a myriad of mental disorders and dating people since i turned 18 and got the fuck out of my moms has ruined my mind even more because naturally an isolated 18 year old trap is just going to try and find people to take care of them

well that never works out i guess

i cant enjoy my life because of this pstd-tier shit and i dont think i ever will be able to. but at least i have a mommy.. ha-ha
>>
>>28445219
Do you honestly believe that a person's genetics and formative years don't have a profound impact on how the rest of that person's life will play out?
>>
Just get literally any job and take cheap online classes or go to trade school in your free time.
Move out and stop talking to you and she will be a lot cooler.
The more she has to initiate the conversations the more she will feel sorry for what she did.
>>
>>28444816
If you're 20 it's no longer called running away from home.
>>
>>28444816
My mom did the same thing, except she wasnt a single mother, just a shitty one.

>she says it's pathetic how I dont have any friends
>remind her how she never let me out of the house or invite anyone over
>OH SO IT'S MY FAULT NOW?
yes, you stupid cunt.
>>
>>28445246
You're right, single mothers are usually raised by shitty parents themselves. I guess at the end of the day you can just blame the external factors that led to what you are.
>>
>>28445263
Of course they do, but no individual is a "product" of anything. In every single instance we have agency as individuals.
>>
>>28445313
free will is an illusion, everyone is a product of external factors out of their control.
>>
>>28445304
yeah she'd do all this to me

she didnt understand why i stayed in my room all day and talked to people on skype but then she'd scream at me about internet dangers

tfw born an extrovert but mentally raped to be an introvert and dont know what to do
>>
>>28445313
>you are very much a product of your genes and upbringing
>they combine together to greatly influence how you feel, think, and live
>every second of your life ticks by with the full weight of all the previous seconds that came before
>but no individual is a "product" of anything
Your cognitive dissonance is showing, famalam.
>>
>>28445342
This tbo family desu
>>
>>28445027
>What is emotional neglect
How can people be so bad at raising children? Just discipline when necessary and instead of calling things chores you call them games like clean up time and laundry fun
Parents only see kids as tools that's why many end up fucked because they'll start emptying themselves of all responsibility and soon you'll be taking care of the house.

I clean, grocery shop, dump trash and do all the handiwork and can even work power tools and fix PCs
I also have a job. All because parents are lazy sacks of shit. There's no merit in doing anything half assed. Any respectful man will tell you that.
>>
>>28446531
and some parents do absolutely all work while their children sit in their rooms wishing they were dead
balance is restored
all is good in the world B-)
>>
>>28445304
>>remind her how she never let me out of the house or invite anyone over

My mother let me invite other kids or go to their house only if she evaluated them or something. I forget the specifics but I remember she'd just tower over them asking questions very sternly, and when they'd understandably get nervous, she'd just kick them out of the house and explain that hanging out with them would be bad for me.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.