[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW THE ACTUAL FUCK DO I FUCKING LOSE WEIGHT? RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: 57357357.gif (396 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
57357357.gif
396 KB, 512x512
HOW THE ACTUAL FUCK DO I FUCKING LOSE WEIGHT?

RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Eat less, this comment was unsurprisingly unoriginal.
>>
>>28442365
How to do it is actually simple
But being motivated and staying motivated is the hard part
You can either do it, or you cant
>>
Stop eating fatass
>>
>>28442365
Count your calories. That's literally it.
>>
>>28442408
And how many should I be counting?
>>
>>28442394
yeah motivation is the hard part

i lost 20 pounds some time ago, from 249 at the time.

started to get tired of getting up to workout and eat less. and before you know it im over 300 pounds today.

the light has vanished within me
>>
>>28442442
Yeah when i first tried i was good for about a week then i kinda just went "one wont hurt" and it kinda all broke down
The second time i went about 2 months then i thought whats the point and gave up
Its hard to stay motivated when you dont talk to anyone or have any goals but we'll get there man
>>
>>28442416
Head over to /fit/ and read the sticky there about weight loss.
>>
get creative

there will be things that you don't mind doing as much. perhaps get an exercise-bike to use while you play vidya
>>
Its just something that takes time OP. Like fucking months and months of your time. Patience and consistency is the killer for most. People diet for a month and think they deserve a fucking medal and a model body.
>>
>tfw dieting and exercising
>feeling good about results even though still a long way to go
>all of a sudden mom tempting me with all this fucking baking she's doing
>>
Have smaller portions and eat less sugar
>>
>>28442577
Yeah it was hard for me living with my mother as she would just buy all this garbage and as a neet with no income i would just eat it cause it was there and i did this for so long and i never really knew anything else
But living on your own makes it a hell of a lot easier
>>
File: dfsaeradsf.jpg (120 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
dfsaeradsf.jpg
120 KB, 900x900
>>28442394
""""""Motivation"""""" is a huge spicy meme. It's a flighty, fickle thing and relying upon it to carry you to victory in a prolonged struggle will surely lead to defeat.

What you want is discipline. Discipline is the work horse that always pulls the load no matter the weather.

You need to cultivate discipline; not just in one thing, but in many things in your life.

Sure, you may need some small amount of motivation to begin cultivating that discipline, so you'd better latch onto motivation when you have it and just start forcing yourself to get shit done.
>>
>not doing meth to lose weight
>not doing a cocaine diet
>>
>>28442643
Im not going to take you seriously when you refer to things as memes
>>
Calories in, calories out. Consume less calories than you burn and you are guaranteed to lose weight.

It doesn't even matter if you eat healthy things. Just eat less than 2000 cal a day and you will lose weight.

You can burn a bit more by exercising.
>>
>>28442365
Stop drinking soda.
Somebody said that before.
>>
>get motivation to lose wieght

>think about all the extra skin ill have

>lose interest
>>
File: diet.jpg (6 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
diet.jpg
6 KB, 276x183
stop eating
no you cant eat that
or that
yea you will be hungry, its gona suck, alot
>>
>>28442658
But it's L I T E R A L L Y a meme.

Look at the entire genre of 'motivational x' bullshit that's produced. Many of those 'motivational fitness blah blah' facebook etc pages post images that are akin to literal memes.
>>
File: weew.jpg (100 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
weew.jpg
100 KB, 327x316
>>28442365
First change your fundamental psychology... oh you can't do that? Enjoy being fat and getting high off food, or, you could stop eating as much and find another addiction.
>>
>>28442643
arent they the same thing tho?
>>
>>28442365
It's not even hard. Quit being a faggot.

1) Download MyFitnessPal on your phone.

2) Track your cals in there. Eat around 2000 a day. This is literally not difficult in the slightest if you pay attention.

3) Start jogging two or three times a week. Start with one mile and slowly work your way up.

If you do this you can lose 50 pounds by the end of the summer. You just have to refocus on the goal every day when you wake up. I believe in you. Don't be a pushy, fatboy.
>>
>>28442365
I was a fat fuck in HS and now I'm arguable in shape - although, getting fit didn't make me more of a Chad, or even less of a dumb frog for that matter.

Something needs to hit you in the head hard to get you started and make you commit to your eating and exercising schedules, unless you are naturally a disciplined person (which I'm going to assume you aren't because you are on /r9k/). For me, it was when my first and only crush in high school rejected my prom offer saying that I'm a fat beta faggot, and proceeded to go on a date with a tall, fit, handsome German dude.

I'm going to suggest that you should start looking at how much of a pig you are in relation to others. It fucking sucks and may even kill your self-esteem even more but hey, it helped for me. Take a picture of yourself now, and notice the extra plump on your sides and breasts.

Now onto the tips for how I actually lost weight:

1. Cold turkey doesn't work.
Eating delicious food is a natural urge. You will relapse on a cold turkey session. So, cut down things eventually.

2. But that's not a excuse for you to keep eating unhealthy shit.

Drop the soda and chocolate bars on your hands and start eating healthy stuff. There's plenty of green veggies that are tasty and rich in nutrients, like asparagus and mushrooms. Meat also always finds itself in balanced food tables too.

3. >>>/fit/
Exercise.
>>
>>28442836
Not really.

Motivation is usually external or a short-term spark from within. It allows you to achieve something only while you're feeling that high from being motivated.

Discipline is internal. It's more a character trait which allows you to plug along, doing things that you know are beneficial to you.. even if at that exact moment you'd REALLY rather not.

Discipline is there through the hard times and motivation is a fair weather friend.
>>
Remember that short intense exercise is better than long and slow exercise

So while you're jogging occasionally run as fast as you can until you're completely out of breath
>>
>>28442997
This is a fat virgin robot we're talking about. He doesn't need windsprints to burn him out on fitness. He just needs to slowly overcome himself and harden up his mind and body.

Warning: this will not automatically get you girls
>>
>tried jogging yesterday
>intentionally went out of my way to only go on side streets
>people still stared and laughed at me
Fuck man this shit is hard
Like i know i look like a complete fucking joke but this just fucking kills me
How do i get over this
>>
>>28442365
Stop giving up after a day.
>>
>>28443072
You have to stop caring what others think for one. But honestly, if any sensible person sees someone running (even a fatty) they are impressed by the hard work and effort. Good spirits are contagious. Any naysayers should be ignored. They're just fucktards. They won't be laughing when you've lost 50 pounds.
>>
File: image.gif (119 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
119 KB, 400x400
>>28442365
OP, it's really simple but it depends on you're body type
>avoid sugary drinks, drink water for every meal
>reduce carbs (limit your food portions)
>replace snack foods with foods/drinks that increase your metabolism and are high in protein, green tea is really effective if you drink it constantly
>>
>>28443210
Also, you should see progress after two or three weeks of you do everything I mentioned, also if you can excersise, I recommend cardio like just going out and running
>>
>>28442416
I lost 10 pounds a month from a 1200-1500 kcal diet with no excersize. Probably not healthy in other aspects, but it lost me a good 50 lbs
>>
Something that worked for me is just getting enough sleep
I know its a yeah no shit kind of thing but i found when i was sleepy i wasnt making as good choices and was often more apathetic
>>
>>28442547
This is what I do. Except I listen to music or read. It's working. It's been a week and a half and I'm actually looking forward to my ride in the mornings. I'm on it right now. I've also incorporated some sit ups and jumping Jacks afterwards.
>>
>>28442365

Don't fall for the weight loss meme

It doesn't make you happier
>>
>finally going to JUST DO IT and lose weight
>remember my body shape is disgusting even without the fat

There is no winning
>>
>>28442650
cokehead here, this is total bullshit unless you're in 'homeless junkie' mode.

Even Chris Farley did shitloads of coke and was fat as fuck before he an hero'd.

>>28442836
Discipline is a more extreme form of motivation as it impacts upon you on a subconscious level whereas motivation feels like a conscious effort to make every time.

Exercise is certainly the biggest emphasis especially cardio since even eating good food lots isn't helpful (for weightloss, makes taking a shit way better though).
>>
>>28443331
Cowardly tbqh senpai
>>
>>28442365
Just eat healthy.

I cut out all the soda, all the beer and all the junk food and I lost like 50 lbs. Didn't even change the rest of my eating habits, and didn't work out.
>>
Look for 'the four hour body' by Tim Ferris
>>
>>28443393
If I'm losing fat to look better what's the point if I don't look better?
>>
>>28442365
Get addicted to benzos and then stop cold turkey, your resting heart rate should shoot up to around 100-120 and you wont be able to eat much so you'll lose weight like mad.

Or get addicted to heroin and spend all your money on that instead of food.

Theres tons of ways to lose weight, it isn't hard.
>>
File: s m u g g.jpg (7 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
s m u g g.jpg
7 KB, 300x169
>>28442365
>Have fast metabolism, meaning I can eat whatever I want and never seem to get fat
>mfw
>>
>>28443515
>his body can't store energy

You would be the first to die in a survival situation
>>
Take in less calories than you burn.
So either eat healthier or work out more.
If you work out a ton, like A TON then you can still eat the same and lose weight.
If you eat healthier and eat less, you don't even have to work out to lose weight.

Either way, cut out soda. If you wanna see an instant slight weight drop, cut soda.
>>
>>28442365
Short answer you need to eat less then 2000 calories a day. Since that is what your body burn a day. Exercising make it go alot faster and go with it.
>>
>>28442394
Starve yourself constantly anon you'll be surprised how much weight you lose from that.
>>
>>28443545
Because we get into those so often nowadays
>>
Losing weight is the easiest thing ever, since you can do it without even exercising since it's just excess fat with a normal body underneath. To gain weight as a spoopy skeleton proportionally you have to eat right and lift weights, otherwise you'll just get a belly and still have stick arms.

Cut out refined sugar, and don't go over the recommended caloric intake a day and you'll melt it off. Christ, I lost 40 pounds just from laying in bed on the latop everyday, only walking to go toilet or to make food. You have no excuse.
>>
File: 1434469330854.jpg (8 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1434469330854.jpg
8 KB, 249x243
Posting my pasta:

If you want to lose weight:
1. Go to a TDEE calculator, input your weight, height, activity level, and you'll see how many calories your body burns approximately in a day. (which is what TDEE is.)

2. Download MyFitnessPal if you have a smartphone, or just use the desktop website if you don't.

3. Input your TDEE minus 500-1500 calories into MyFitnessPal. This will make you lose 1-3lbs a week. You can go as far as you want to lose weight even faster, but going too far will make you feel constantly tired and hungry.

4. Buy a food scale.

5. Weigh the food you make, and log every motherfucking thing you eat and drink into MyFitnessPal. Even the oil you cook with. (Make sure that the food you log in the app has the same amount of calories as the packaging of the food says it has.) Don't log the workouts even though MyFitnessPal insists you do.

6. You can now eat anything you want, as long as you log it and make sure not to eat more calories than the restriction you put. Some days I eat less or more, but I always even it out the next day.

7. After a month of doing this, weigh yourself a couple mornings in a row, after having taken a piss/shit. If you haven't lost any weight, go yet another 500 calories down.

8. After a few months, recheck your TDEE and adjust your calories, as your weight has now changed.

Weighing and logging the food adds up to maybe 5-10 minutes a day at most.

This is all you need to lose weight. You don't need cardio or weightlifting if you just want to lose weight, but I do them anyways cause lifting weights make you gain muscle and cardio is good for cardiovascular health. Again, that is not needed and is actually really ineffective compared to just counting your calories.
>>
Literally stop eating
>>
>>28442365
It's fucking easy.

1. Eat plain meats.
2. Eat plain vegetables.
3. Do not eat carbs.

You will start burning fat in about two weeks. Keep it up for two months and you will have lost a lot of weight. If you want to lose even more, do cardio at least twice a week.
>>
>>28442365
Stop eating/drinking shit laced with estrogen and other harmful chemicals.

Exercise. Doesn't matter what, just move more. Calisthenics, lifting, running, punching shit ffs.

Eat healthier. Whole grains, organic (again helps you avoid chemicals with estrogenic effects), too much info is out there on what's "healthy" for me to bother continuing.

Basically eat less/better and move more. I can't stress the estrogen avoidance enough, it's why a lot of you are so depressed all the time. Why do you think trannies always kill themselves? It isn't fucking bullying, they inject themselves with megadoses of estrogen and that fucks their brains and bodies. You all think you need meds when all you need is fucking steroids to sort you out. A lot of you haven't even matured yet as a result of your deficiency and are locked in a state of purgatory between boyhood and manhood. It's common among Western men, if you knew the chemicals you absorb on a daily basis you'd understand, it's also the reason girls are getting melon sized tits at 13 now.

t. some dude from /fit/ who comes here to laugh at you permaboys. Seriously next time you see a doctor and he says you need psych meds punch him in the balls and tell him you need fucking TESTOSTERONE.
>>
What's the cheapest way to do it? I don't make much money.

I have a bench and weights set so can lift, but food is the problem. I am not a food lover, I eat junk cause it's convenient, and I work in a kitchen, so just eat whatever is up for grabs there.

Could I make a diet of eggs, frozen chicken breasts, frozen vegetables and wholemeal bread? Do not say I will get bored and cave, I have no love for food, and as a smoker since I was 14 barely taste anything these days anyway.

I am fat because I scavenge whatever I can like a dog and drink too much. I know that if I get a set routine, even if I eat the exact same things every day, I can do it.
>>
>>28444187
Eggs are great, but switch to organic. They're not much more expensive. Organic milk and other dairy products are so you may be deterred. Vegetables definitely, or make sure you wash them thoroughly with warm water. Shit like bananas don't worry about, you don't eat the skin that they spray pesticides on.

You want to eat more fiber, that's fruits and vegetables. Things that have a higher water/fiber content will fill you up more. You also want lean protein, though you don't have to avoid fats like the plague. Fats don't make you fat, sugar does. So does being a lazy fuck, which is caused by the estrogenic effects of all the chemicals you fuck with. Look up phytoestrogens, xenoestrogens, and parabens.

You could also get some fish in for more zinc, though you want to avoid ocean fish especially from the Pacific which is still full of nuclear waste (thanks Japan), mainly to avoid mercury toxicity though. Also eat oats. Get plain oats and put honey and fresh fruit in them to make them taste better. Go ask /fit/ for more recommendations.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.