[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is staring at the sun legitimately bad for your eyes? Or is that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Staring at the sun.jpg (251 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Staring at the sun.jpg
251 KB, 1920x1080
Is staring at the sun legitimately bad for your eyes? Or is that a lie made to sell sunglasses?
Anime characters stare at sunsets all the time.
>>
its a lie. go out and stare at the sun anon.
>>
You will get cataracts from it.
>>
sorry to tell you this but, anime is neither real or realistic
>>
>>28441257
I'm not trusting anyone who tells me to go outside, normalfag.

>>28441262
Why doesn't staring at stars hurt our eyes?
>>
>>28441234
fuck that even having the sun come in through my windows is too much for me
>>
>>28441277
They are extremely distant. Intense ultraviolet rays from our sun literally burn small holes into your eyes if you gaze at it for long periods of time.
>>
>>28441293
The sun is shining light onto my computer monitor and wall through a white/grey translucent shade right now.
Am I fucking my eyes up as we speak?
>>
>>28441322
Probably. Radiant energy is not so easily obstructed. If your eyes are in direct contact with the sun's corona, you will damage them very quickly. Why don't you just move some things around or put up a curtain?
>>
>>28441516
I'm crippled and my parents refuse to move my furniture for me. They're gonna buy me curtains today but my I've been exposing my eyes to this reflected sunlight for 5 days now.
>>
>>28441575
If you have blurred vision and odd spots in your line of sight, you're taking damage, which can manifest as cataracts in the long term. Solar retinopathy can occur within a minute if you stare directly at the sun, but few people can actually bear to gaze at it for that long except during a solar eclipse. If it's been like this for five days you're probably OK for the moment, but the sooner you get those curtains, the better.
>>
>>28441672
>odd spots in your line of sight
I think I already have visual snow so it's kind of hard to tell whether my vision feels normal or not. Any more advice on how to tell?
Thanks, though,
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.