[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you know any (computer) games to play while doing nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: bored.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bored.jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
Do you know any (computer) games to play while doing nothing on your shitty office job? Some small MMO or RPG would be nice.

Bonus points: no need for downloads.
>>
Tower of greed.
>>
Runescape desu the hours go by like minutes.
>>
Cookie clicker, in the beginning your coworkers will wonder what the fuck you are even doing but it stops later on.
>>
Any mobile games? Internet blocked only for 'special' use
>>
>>28440025
Get an emulator and some roms and drop them on a flash drive. I brought this to school next to daily my junior and senior year.
>>
>>28440059
Never tried it but I had interest. It requires an instal? Can I leave it unatended for several minutes when ever I want? (in case some coworkers drop by to my office)
>>28440070
Played that long time ago, but I guess it got updated a lot from that time. So might try it again. Thanks.
>>28440143
Might try this, thanks bro.
>>28440038
Never heard of that, will try for sure. Thanks.
>>
>>28440025
A g a r . i o
F a s h o
>>
UnReal World. Comfy RPG/Roguelike where you run around hunting animals and building a house or whatever you wanna do in pre-iron age Finland.

You can drop it on a thumb drive and play it from there. I used to do this at work.
>>
>>28440253
Agari.io is cancer but I guess better than doing nothing at all.
>>28440277
That sounds as by far the interesting thing here so far. Thank you!
>>
>>28440295
It's hard as fuck and kinda steep learning curve but it feels very rewarding when you accomplish something like downing a stag or whatever.

Hope you enjoy.
>>
Nationstates

Also check the webgames subreddit.
>>
Slither.io
You'll be able to play like half an hour a day before you get bored, its pretty good for how simple it is.
>>
File: 1461518980417.jpg (127 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1461518980417.jpg
127 KB, 640x360
Cave Story, pop it on a thumb drive.

Also recommend getting an emulator for whatever older consoles you like. You can also play NES on browser.

I recommend a GBA emu, It's really light, works on about anything and has an amazing library of games.
>>
>>28440277
>>28440313
Is it even possible to successfully hunt big game solo? I've only ever managed it with a party. That's my only big gripe with this game. Numbers > Everything
>>
>>28440025
Oldschool runescape
http://oldschool.runescape.com/
>>
>>28440025
old school runescape is what u want mang.. The time just flys by. I swear when you play that game an hour only feels like 10 minutes.
>>
Dwarf Fortress
Can be a pain in the ass to learn, but once you do it's super fun
>>
>>28440025

Write an anonymous suicide note and then print it out and leave it in the printer for someone to find
>>
>>28440025
Town of salem
>>
dwarf fortress is fun. its a bit of a learning curve though but it's only a 10mb download for the vanilla version.
>>
>>28440025
i just trade stocks tbo. i hate playing games unless its with friends and you can't do that at work very easily. sometimes sudoku.
>>
OP here, thanks for you suggestions.

I tried Dward fortress once, as severl of you mentioned it is really hard to get into. Might learn it at home and play here at work.

>>28440604
>>28440654
I will have to test it home first before I try it here.

>>28440830
Looks like Cluedo or something like that by the pictures. Will try it. Thanks.

>>28440872
I had an app with Sudoku tables, but it gets boring a lot. Rather browse boards on 4chan than that.
>>
File: ss13.png (116 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
ss13.png
116 KB, 480x480
Space Station 13, but it's so good and addictive you probably shouldn't play it on the job. It's pretty much Dwarf Fortress, but in space and in multiplayer. Requires a small download for Byond, the program that runs the game. It's like under 1gb and you can just carry it on your flashdrive or something.

Then there's MUDs (Multi User Dungeon), old text based RPGs that can be played on any telnet emulator like nutty or putty. There's uncountable amount of MUDs to choose from, I'm sure there's at least one you enjoy. Anything from Discworld to Aliens vs. Predator.

Liberal Crime Squad. It's from the makers of Dwarf Fortress. It's all ASCII and text based. You control a small terrorist/activist group and do all kinds of crazy shit. Gets really intense and it also has permadeath.

ZORK, old text based adventure game series. All time classic.

X-COM: UFO Defense. Classic turn based strategy RPG game. Use with openXcom. Build base, arm your soldiers, research alien technology, build bigger guns, purge the xeno etc. it's fucking great, man.
>>
>>28440983
Liberal Crime Squad sounds the most interesting to me. It reminds me on a game that I'm waiting for to be released called Agenda where you're a secret global power like Illuminati and your goal is to control the world from the shadows.
Anyway, downloaded LCS. Will return to this thread after I work a bit and try the game.
>>
realm of the mad god? its on browser, can be closed quickly
>>
http://openroadsgame.com

This ma nig
>>
>>28440025
Hearthstones a nice game to do.
>>
>>28440250
Runescape doesn't require any installations and you can leave it for up to 5 mins before you're logged off.

After that you can just re-login. Very easy to have open in the background all day senpai.
>>
File: Zork.png (16 KB, 600x289) Image search: [Google]
Zork.png
16 KB, 600x289
Just play a text adventure OP. Most of them are online and if some sees you playing they'll think it's for work.
>>
>>28441344
When I try to run old school runescape it says that Google no longer supports Java and that I should download Runescape.
>>
>>28440025
get real good at minsweeper

at least that way you can stay sharp. and you never know when you'll need to disaram an active patch of landmines
>>
File: Spirit for adventure.jpg (209 KB, 743x1000) Image search: [Google]
Spirit for adventure.jpg
209 KB, 743x1000
>>28440025
The three Zork games will last you a week at work if you're lucky. They're text based adventures.
>>
>office work is so fundamentally trivial and prolonged workers have time to fuck around with video games

I want off this make-work ride
>>
Much like I never understood how normies could feel comfortable texting in class, I don't understand how someone could play games at work. How can you enjoy yourself if you're constantly looking over your shoulder? How can you focus? Aren't you worried you'll get in trouble? Not worth it desu.
>>
>>28440025

Try an online Roguelike.
>>
>>28443157
Its pretty stupid, feels like most employers want to fill some obligatory 40 hour week quota.

At the same time, noone actually wants the stress of having to do real work all 40 of those hours.

Working from home should be the norm but the society still hasnt progressed to making it common despite the technology.
>>
Bring your 3DS to work.
>>
>>28440604
Seconding oldschool RuneScape.
>>
File: 1426260674350.png (382 KB, 497x685) Image search: [Google]
1426260674350.png
382 KB, 497x685
>>28443225

The working world is a fucking sham. Automation and necessary basic income when?
>>
>>28440025
I wonder if op is still here
Here are my recommendations
>worms world party
An be played over Nd over again, a match can last half an hour and be paused at any point, how good you are depends entirely on skills and you could get online matches except nobody plays that anymore
>get a handheld
Seriously installing a game in your work computer is really pushing it
>just read
Probably the best idea, you can read books, blogs, you would be surprised in the amount of cool things there is to read online, you can even read comics
>ace attonery series in your smartphone
Just emulate the ds version, you will get through them in two weeks but it will be a nice two weeks
>>
>>28443453
There will never be a basic income, instead we will move into a cashless society which will kill any semblance of individuality between workers. For as much as capitalism breeds a special snowflake culture having everyone trying to be special is better than nobody being able to be slecjal
>>
Battle for wesnoth is comfy strategy game with cool story
>>
openttd
/comfy/
/autism/
>>
>>28441490
What browser did you try to play it in?
>>
>>28443157
>employees spend most of their time pissing about talking with co-workers and browsing the internet, trying to do as little work as possible
>still look down on the unemployed who can't get jobs and call them lazy
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.