[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to move out of home for the first time, and I'll be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: feel.jpg (39 KB, 556x546) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
39 KB, 556x546
About to move out of home for the first time, and I'll be on my own.

What should I expect?
Any tips?
I know this is /r9k/, but at least some of you must have experience in this field.
>>
>>28438668
>What should I expect?

Bills
Asshole landlords
Asshole neighbors
More bills
>>
>>28438668
Well let me ask you Anon, I'm also a greenhorn in such an experience... What do you have that can make you qualified to move out?

Money?

A car?

Anything worth having for traveling and settling purposes?
>>
Step 1: stop asking r9k how to be an adult. It is like asking hitler how to celebrate Hanukkah.
>>
I moved out two and a half years ago for university. I actually liked it from day one. No one is bothering you and you can do what you want. The responsibilities (grocery shopping, cooking etc.) might feel overwhelming but aftrr some time, it will be a routine and you can tell what you have to do by intuition. Hang in there for the first two weeks (walk around the area of your home, get to know nearby stores, maybe introduce yourself to your neighbors if you feel like it) and everything afterwards will be easy.
>>
>>28438668
No one and I mean absofuckinglutely no one other than your parents (if you're lucky) is going to be there for you when you need it.

If you run out of money, fuck you, you should have worked harder.

If you lose your job, fuck you, you should have worked harder.

If you get treated cruelly by a woman, fuck you, you should have treated her better.

You have to earn your keep, keep up your affairs, make something of yourself, AND look happy doing it, you have to do all of this with NO help from ANYone, and you have to appear grateful for the opportunity, or the world is going to take a fat shit on your face.

The world tolerates helpless boys who are growing into men. Once the world decides you're a man, you are on your own.
>>
>>28438668
>Get a job
>learn to budget
>do this until you die or have enough money to retire

pretty much all there is
>>
>>28439095
Depends on your family, really. If OP is lucky, they might support him to keep him from moving back in or because they actually love him.
>>
>>28439195
This, i look forward to moving out and the freedom.
If it doesnt work out or I get fired, ill go back to the comfy nest.

The only thing really stopping me is the insane rent prices.
>>
File: Robot House.jpg (106 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Robot House.jpg
106 KB, 720x540
Any ausbots want to rent a place together? Start a real robot house maybe? I'm in Qld and really want to get away from my parents.
>>
>>28438668
Take pictures of your new place first, so the landlord doesn't fuck you over a year later.
>>
>>28439442
>ausbots
>Qld

get a job at a mine and your own fucking house
>>
File: dickheads.jpg (43 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
dickheads.jpg
43 KB, 650x366
>>28439548
>Yeah bro, just go get a job at the mines. Its real easy!
>>
>>28439573
the fucking "mining jawbs will save queeensland!" meme...
>>
>>28439442
Brisbane?

Domo oregano
>>
>>28440248
Nah m8, but that's where i want to move too.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.