[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does looks matter more than personality? Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 410x602) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 410x602
Does looks matter more than personality?

Discuss.
>>
kill yourself you stupid faggot
>>
>>28438168
It does until you reach your early 30s when women start going downhill fast in terms of looks and men start looking better than ever.
>>
File: 1427475767478.png (19 KB, 432x330) Image search: [Google]
1427475767478.png
19 KB, 432x330
looks ARE personality you dumb faggot

research the halo effect
>>
>>28438168
Is the sun more important than the water

It's a good question ensigns kneo siege hd he ej she aka she shebib wasnt wish eve sueheb snags onlh the kekkei whatever the kekkei Aksum
>>
>>28438168
'More' and 'less' are grossly insufficient to describe reality.

Various definitions of measurable 'looks' and 'personality' have their own trait distributions in the population, which intersect to certain degrees with both definitional variants of themselves, and with those of the other group. And 'matters' is just as relative, because in reality it reflects a third measurable trait, namely that of 'quality of relationship'.

So this is a literally infinite question, in which you can define and measure and redefine and remeasure ... to your heart's desire.
>>
>>28438190

>men start looking better than ever

what are you, retarded? you only look good in your thirties if you take care of yourself by living a healthy lifestyle, and you only look better if you adopt these habits after spending your adolescence and early adulthood without them
>>
File: 1462159141849.jpg (37 KB, 670x496) Image search: [Google]
1462159141849.jpg
37 KB, 670x496
>>28438168
Depends.

If you talk about long-term relationships (friendships, love interests and maybe even co-workers) personality matters for obvious reasons.

Looks matter when you talk about short term shit and first impressions. Like: you reduce your chances of getting assaulted/picked on the street if you look though, you don't get prejudiced badly by people/girls if you don't look like crap, etc.

So if you lack both of those qualities, you better get busy.
>>
>>28438168
you will never have those THICC asian legs
>>
>>28438234
Every male in my family looks way better in their 30s then their teens and twenties.
>>
File: 1448662855944.png (2 MB, 1020x1501) Image search: [Google]
1448662855944.png
2 MB, 1020x1501
>>28438214
>on okcupid
>taking this stupid chart for a grain of salt
>>
File: chancejobinterviewattractive.jpg (56 KB, 653x353) Image search: [Google]
chancejobinterviewattractive.jpg
56 KB, 653x353
>>28438214
it goes further than stupid people on okcupid too
>>
>>28438255
Kudos for rightly considering the question beyond relationships.
>>
>>28438234
My plan is to be healthy from a young age until my old age, and so maybe I can be immortal. The only things majorly hindering my health anymore would be the fact that I don't exercise, I have an eating disorder, I stress a lot and am pretty much always depressed, and I toke every day. I am still young but sometimes I can feel my heart hurting
>>
>>28438168
Everyone's personality is just a variation on one of a few themes. So long as you're not defective (autistic, schizophrenic, etc.) it's completely irrelevant. If she likes your personality, she can always find someone else with the same personality, but with better looks. Looks are important because they're a good indicator of genetic quality, and finding a mate with high genetic quality is the life purpose of any female of any species ever.
>>
File: 1445566904325.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445566904325.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
Looks talks about money and social status, but if you get to talk, its up to you and your skills, you can be interesting or not is up to you, how someone looks is suposed to make the interaction easy
>>
>>28438309
No probz, senpai. It's kinda retarded how /r9gag/ only thinks of >tfw no gf and that getting a gf is they free ticket to succeeding in life.
>>
>>28438290
What does this chart even mean?
>>
>>28438357
Men are interviewed/hired based on accomplishments, women are interviewed/hired based on how hot they are.

A worrying thing though is that any women hotter than the bottom 30% beat out men
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.