[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to be a robot. No life, no job, no future. Then I joined
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 3779149-no+you+move+cap+says.jpg (285 KB, 1388x964) Image search: [Google]
3779149-no+you+move+cap+says.jpg
285 KB, 1388x964
I used to be a robot.

No life, no job, no future.

Then I joined the Army and it fixed everything.

But this thread is not a recruitment post, it's for your benefit.

Go, start working out. Focus on push ups, sit ups, a 2 mile run, and pull ups. Make sure you learn proper form while training.

Go to your recruiter of choice, better off in the Air Force or Army, both have easier method of making rank.

Join as a reservist, you'll also probably get a good sign on bonus somewhere between 10,000 and 20,000 dollars.

If you're a reservist you come home after schooling with low chance of actually having to deploy.

Pick a short schooled job you know you can probably handle.

Yes there are nursing or lab tech jobs, but they're often very hard and have high wash out rates.

Boot camp will be rough, but as long as you put forth maximum effort, help your platoon members out, and never give up, you will make it.

It's only 12 weeks, and isn't that tough, even at the hardest Army Boot Camps.

The only major thing besides fitness will be qualifying with your rifle, but if you pay attention to what they teach you'll be fine (don't look up shit in advance unless it's about breaking down an M16/M4 for cleaning, the bad info will fuck you up on the range).

Once done with your schooling for your job your military status will carry you through any job interview, plus G.I. Bill for school.

And the last thing, if you're an awkward wreck, most of your weird ticks will be worked out in Boot Camp, and you'll even get to make friends with people you never thought you could.

It's easy when you're both stuck in a fox hole trading shifts on guard.

Trust me anons, save yourselves now.
>>
I'm in the army reserves in Canada its the only way I got sex and gfs (ie civilian women off base). Been in for two years as infantry. Have my transfer in for reg force.
>>
>>28438108
Just to add alot of running is the focus here and if you aren't very strong it can be a hindrance as in the CF as infantry you are required to learn machine guns unlike stateside. All infanteers are qualified as machine gunners and riflemen.
>>
>>28438129
>required to learn machine guns unlike stateside

We get a bit of time manning crew served weapons in Army Basic.

You get time on the M249 and the 240 Bravo. Learn how to strip them and get some fun time on the range lighting shit up.
>>
>>28438176
Oh our sargeant have always said you didn't get any time on them. Sometimes the CF trains with US army. I believe our equivalents are the C9 LMG and the C6 respectively. Got alot of time on the C6 this weekend and got laid on my downtime.
>>
Gonna join the Navy in summer, wish me luck bros
>>
>>28438074
seem's like this might work.
>>
>>28438074
>risking your life for the jews
>>
>>28438319
>Navy
It's alright if you're a faggot I guess. jk good luck you POG piece of shit.
>>
>>28438319
Navy can be a bitch to make rank in from what I've heard, never get on the bad side of your head officer.

It's why my old man got stuck in his rank until he left.

>>28438378
>not finding a sense of brotherhood
>not realizing the military is made up of Uncle Sam's misguided children

I've worked with everyone from good ole' country boys to feminazis to weeaboos. The Army takes in all types.
>>
>>28438074
>tfw PDD-NOS
>tfw military doesn't allow autists to join.
>>
I've been thinking about getting fit enough, but I'm really really fat right now so it'd take a couple years probably, and I was in a psychiatric hospital and diagnosed with major depression with suicidal ideation so idk they probably wouldn't take me anyway
>>
>>28438074
i punched my mother in the face when she was drunk and she called the cops and i got arrested but i was never charged with anything. i wanted to join the military before that (age 15 when it happened) but afterwards i figured it wouldnt happen bc i had an arrest for a violent crime on my record against my mom, and i never had the balls to ask my school recruiter about it since i didnt want anyone to know because i was really ashamed of it. But im still pretty young (19) and i dont have any long term career prospects and im wondering if the Army would accept me?
>>
>>28438074
is there any point in being air force if you dont get to fly a plane? how the daily life like? do you shit in bathrooms without stalls? what about morning boners? isnt it all awkward?
>>
>>28438074
>I used to be a robot.

I used to read your post, but that's where I stopped.
>>
I tried to join the air force but I spilled shaghetti at meps
>>
>tfw medically disabled
If it weren't for that, I'd love to join.
>>
>>28440462
I'd assume it leads to more job opportunities for the more academic recruits.
>>
>>28440156
Simply put, you're as eligible as anyone else.
>>
>>28438074
What about the national guard? Is there any reason why the reserves is better? As gay as it sounds I like the idea of being able to help my state in national emergencies while getting an excuse to leave work.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.