[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
let's have a college fuckups thread did you fuck up college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 31
File: 1458324172208.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458324172208.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
let's have a college fuckups thread

did you fuck up college

this is the thread for you tell your story
>>
I jacked off to the teacher and got caught, now I'm a registered sex offender.

Good times
>>
>finals this week
>have studied about 1/3 of what I should have
>barely scrapping by with C/D in core classes
>A/B in major classes about to turn into C
>have fucked up about 9/10 chances at friendship with people
>that 1/10 we just talk to each other for answer
>>
>>28437887
>made no friends
>still a virgin
>graduate 950 out of 1000
>did no networking

I was totally forgettable. Might as well not even gone
>>
>>28437887
>tfw dropped out before I even started
wewwwww
>>
I was academically suspended from the first school I went too, transferred back home, and am now going to a community college, about to transfer into a local university to finish my degree. I regret it every day. Living with my parents is awful. I had a taste of independent living, and while I fucked it up, I want it back.
>>
File: 1452928617945.jpg (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1452928617945.jpg
22 KB, 225x225
>>28437919
lel r u on the those retards who did it in class?
>>
I skipped too many classes and dropped out because through some miracle I remained a total fuckup between high school and college, so I still spent more time studying multiple sources instead of doing the prescribed homework and lab writeups that took multiple times as long as the actual experiment, had anxiety issues so could never do group work or labs, and I still found it impossible to wake up before 11 am because of chronic fatigue

Sorry I'm not a normie, everyone, I am a failure and deserve to die.
>>
>>28437887
>whole life get bad grades
>college comes around
>get amazing grades
>this is new
>get cocky, skip classes, smoke up
>get kicked out
>>
>>28437887
I had to drop my classes because my car broke down on me. Currently doing online work to get enough money for a new one.
>>
File: vibratingturtle.gif (331 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
vibratingturtle.gif
331 KB, 500x373
>>28437925

>core classes

Why do they do this? It's not enough that I'm spending 5 hours a night on the things I'm actually interested in, I'm supposed to be finding meaning in HuffPost articles and shit I read in high school while niggers were busy eating lunch.
>>
>>28437887
>get really good grades
>don't take any leadership roles or join clubs
>lack good interview skills or an interesting personality
I never thought I'd be so unemployable but apparently good grades don't matter
>>
>>28437887
>90% of major is large group lectures with minimal groupwork and no presentations
>last 10% of major shifts to smaller class sizes with constant projects and papers, all of which have to be orally presented
>drop out
at least i got close
>>
>>28438077
it's the core concepts (from calc/phys) generally that you need for higher up classes in stem

History, english, and arts/humanities are just even more of a waste though.
>>
>>28438115
>History, english, and arts/humanities are just even more of a waste though.
le epic stem meme xDDDDD
>>
>>28437887
Yeah
pretty basic stuff
>didn't make any friends, too awkward to fit in even in engineering school
>depression
>slept all day while roomie was gone
>internet all night with NEET internet friends
>dropped out after two semesters

At least I never went into debt.
>>
>>28438121
tell me taking art history online wasn't just some filler bullshit for my school to make more money off of me while going to school for engineering
>>
>>28438163
It was an attempt to not make you a STEM sperglord; looks like it failed.
>>
>>28438229
let me tell you about my school's last dungeons and dragons meet
>>
>>28437948
>graduate 950 out of 1000
what the fuck, why would they even release info on the bottom half of the class?

what was your major? what do you do now?
>>
>>28438250
I'm Econ/Statistics

Unemployed
>>
File: 1454506176600.jpg (131 KB, 975x576) Image search: [Google]
1454506176600.jpg
131 KB, 975x576
>>28437887
>junior, 20
>two finals in next two days
>2 guaranteed A's
>hopefully pull a few B's
>finally want a genuine relationship
>freshman girl humps and dumps me
>then blames it on her anxiety
>I have no idea if she's being real/is retarded/just played me and wont admit it
>good bunch of my friends graduating
>only going to be a couple friends here over the summer
>no prospects with any chicks

I'm just going to donate plasma and work out I guess.
>>
File: 1462381334712.jpg (39 KB, 720x474) Image search: [Google]
1462381334712.jpg
39 KB, 720x474
>>28437887
I studied Audiovisual Communication because I always loved film with a passion and I always wanted to make movies. I learned nothing that I couldn't have learned reading two books that I already had read, practices were shit and nobody here even likes movies (fuck, only six people in class has seen Citizen Kane, for example), and this is supposedly the best university in my country for this degree. I made some contacts, but I doubt I can count with them when I finish univesity next year.

I am so fucking stupid
>>
>>28437887
>Dropped out in first 3 months
>only have 2 code friends
>both think I'm still in school
>it's been 2 years since
>today we walked by there
>"is that the dean's house?"
>uhHh
>"you know how little you talked about this place it's almost like you stopped coming here at one point
>one probably knows cause he Also dropped out once and was dodgy with questions
>if I tell them I will lose my only friends.

I hope I die in my sleep.
Anyone got tips? Can't exit bag cause they're putting nitrogen in the helium tanks so people don't an hero
>>
>>28438430
Are you from Ecuador, perchance?
>>
>>28438620
No, Spain... Is it for my English?
>>
>>28438685
idk how people can still have weird English after being on an English forum/imageboard for any extended amount of time.
>>
>>28438735
Yeah, I don't really know it myself, maybe It's because I'm dislexic. I can read without difficulties, but I can't write well. They told me this a lot of times, that's why I don't post too much. Sorry.
>>
>>28438827
I'm not insulting you, I'm just thinking you would adopt native mannerisms naturally like somebody might adopt an accent after only hearing it for a week or so.
>>
>>28438685
Kind of. It was the name of your career, which I asume you translated literally from Spanish.
>>
File: 1461511340441.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461511340441.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
You better believe i did.

>first two years of college
>Happy, energetic and look forward to classes
>Make lots of friends, very social, lots of nights with friends drinking and playing games and occasionally go out partying
>actually legitimately make friends with girls, even sleep with one
>Fall in love with one girl and we're not official but go out several times a week and spend all time with each other
>move out of parents home
>happy with life

>start smoking pot regularly
>things start to go bad with girl
>smoking every fucking day
>start skipping classes
>fail a few courses, I'm gonna spend a year longer to get degree

>me and girl have huge fight, dump all her stuff on her back porch and break off all contact, we're over
>depressed
>stop going out
>spend all time at home playing video games
>friend circle shrinks significantly
>lose all motivation to get a job and barely survive off welfare
>barely passing grades in college, zero motivation

>pass college, get degree, really shitty gpa
>its a fucking worthless meme degree and no help for getting a real job
>can count number of friends on one hand
>no job, no life
>get kicked out of apartment and moved back in with parents
>no more friends to hangout with, spend all my time playing videogames and watching anime

I fucked up pretty bad. I hope i can turn it around by moving to another city/state and starting fresh. I might even re-enroll for a real degree too.

Sometimes i wish i could reroll my life but keep my current memories/knowledge. There's so many little things i would do differently to ensure i wouldn't fuck up. A man can dream.
>>
>>28437887
>take class
>it's drawing
>stop showing up after the withdrawal period
>fail

i laughed just now
>>
>>28438980
>A man can dream
And if you can dream it, you can do it. I believe in you, Anonymous. It's gonna be alright.
>>
>enrol in Uni
>commerce degree
>do great for the first 4 weeks
>get back into WoW
>10 months later pass 2/10 courses
it was the best 10 months of my life
>>
>>28438905
I know you didn't say it to insult me. I can't adopt mannerisms or accents even in my native language, to be honest. I talk weird.

>>28438920
Yes, I though I should translate it as Film studies, but my degree isn't exactly that (it covers a wider range of subjects like radio and television).... Maybe Image and sound? But that sounds too technical, and most part of my degree is academic.
>>
File: 1458020012618.gif (538 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1458020012618.gif
538 KB, 500x598
>>28439099
Thanks anon, that really means alot!
>>
File: 1453733662246.jpg (12 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1453733662246.jpg
12 KB, 240x240
>>28439111
was it worth it gaymer? U spent over a thousand bucks, all for nothing
>>
File: 351735-trailer-park-boys.jpg (306 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
351735-trailer-park-boys.jpg
306 KB, 1536x1024
>>28439148
Don't worry! I know that life can be very hard from time to time, but we just gotta keep on trucking!

Have this Trailer Park Boys wallpaper to cheer you up!
>>
>>28437887
>did bare minimum to pass
>spent most of my time playing vidya and internet
>took twice as long to finish degree cause I took fewer classes per semester
>end up with no employable traits

I suppose even if i did do well, my prospects would not be much better.
You have to be top 1-5 student to have your marks get an in directly from uni. The rest still have to show work experience which i never received.
Having to apply for limited unpaid internships is madness to me. Getting rejected from that is like being turned down from depositing money into a bank.
>>
>>28439111
Smh if you aren't motivated you shouldn't be in university until you develop a study ethic. People rush into university when they aren't ready sometimes.
>>
>>28439216
>Having to apply for limited unpaid internships is madness to me. Getting rejected from that is like being turned down from depositing money into a bank.

You know the Jews have you cucked when you're competing with other people to give away your labor for free.
>>
I'm two years in so far. My biggest mistake so far has been living at home with my mom and commuting to school. Basically killed my social life. I have to plan everything around my return train ride. If i stay out too late the train stops running or if I make the last one I'm sketched out by all the crackheads. I'm looking for a place to live next year even though my mom keeps pleading with me to stay.

>inb4 'did she cook and do laundry'
I have never had a meal made for me and the laundry is always done horribly
>>
took a gradlevel machine learning class because I met all the prereqs. had to drop the class because they forgot about 5 other prereqs. find a new qt on tinder. become good friends. she breaks up with me bc I won't commit. Oh I forgot to mention I'm a transfer who is actually 29 or 30 but passes for 23 or 24. Bc I dropped the ML class, now I'm stuck in undergrad for an extra quarter. could be worse. at least I'll still get to hook up with smart girls 10 years my younger kek
>>
>>28437887
>graduated summa cum laude
> 3.98 GPA
>applying to grad school
>probably won't be accepted
>>
>>28440390
oh, why not is that ?
>>
>>28438127
This is exactly whats happening with me right now... Fuck.
>>
>>28440413
Fucked up on the gre
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>missed engineering final
>final is 50% of final grade

just...
>>
>parents force me to go to uni
>have no ambition or dreams so no idea what to do
>listen to guidance counselor and pick a stem degree based on grades from high school
>get to uni but people still hate me and I never fit in because ugly, autistic loser
>long term memory is fucked up, I can only remember the material until exams and then it disappears
>despite this, do fairly well and pass all my classes
>4 years pass without having fun and never make a friend or any professional connections because robot
>graduate with no prospects and never able to get a job
>move back in with parents and be neet
Going to college doesn't do anything for you unless you're a normalfag.
>>
>>28437887
>start with a shitty major that I enjoyed
>don't get all of my basics done first, take electives for my first major
>begin worrying about job prospects, switch to slightly less shitty major
>sets me back a full year
>also took year off, so there's another year wasted
>also dropped several classes, so there's about one semester wasted
>thankfully I went to CC for the first couple of years, so the money that I wasted is in the thousands instead of the tens of thousands
>but I still wasted thousands of dollars and two and half years of my life

And to top it all off
>no friends
>no gf
>degree still only slightly better
>career will allow me to remain middle class at best
>>
>>28438269
I fell for the econ meme too lad. Unemployed.
>>
>failing compsci 101
>it's fucking python which is shit fuck
>ask teacher what it's used for
>not even vidya (that's why I'm at uni)

Fuck this shit. It's literally useless and more difficult apparently than C or some shit that's actually used for vidya
>>
File: 1462466624952.gif (1 MB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1462466624952.gif
1 MB, 499x499
>got good grades at A level, AAB.
>doing biochemistry, 1st and 2nd years average out to 54%
>third year, did both dissertations the night before, exam tomorrow, would need 63% average in this year to graduate with 2:1
>I'm probably going to graduate with a 2:2
>zero fucking motivation atm
>>
>>28438430
>Spain
>good schools/universities
You played yourself.
>>
Three years and a summer for my AS. I had to take English 101 5 times because of anxiety. Took all three speaking courses, failed, managed to get it replaced with interpersonal relations. Also took US History too, that was a retarded idea, fucking hate that subject.

Electrical Engineer. I've been passing my uni classes although each semester has had at least one incredibly shitty class (from teacher side). One more year and I'll have my BS at 27. Just one more year oh god
>>
>didnt fuck up college
>graduated in four years
>made the deans list
>got an internship
>on the student board
>resume and cover letters and references ready to go
>become NEET after graduation, cant even get interviews

If you fucked up college, dont feel bad. You probably would have wound up like me.
>>
>>28443554
One of my friends is the literally NEET stereotype
>anxious
>actually got his MS in 5.5 years
>Artificial Intelligence and comp sci
>obese manchild lolicon, 350+ pounds at worst
>would bring his portable desktop to uni and play for hours
>graduated
>went home, continued to play MMOs and shit
>it's like 6 years later, he's still just playing MMOs all day
>his mother may literally have to die before he gets a license or job
>his mother was thinking of moving to Florida with her friends for the last like 5 years she has to live (diabetes, surprise)
>he might actually move with her because he's so much of an autistic fuck and she's codependent
>>
>>28438980
Sounds like it's all your fault you fucking retard. I know what it feels like to fall into a smokehole in college but you have to snap yourself out of it and try harder. The weed thing you described happend to my Roomate and he's pretty much worthless now. With the exception of the girlfriend situation, you basically described him down to a T. His major was psychology too btw
>>
>>28437887
More or less, yeah
>made a few friends but lost them by now
>they even tried to set me up with a girl or two but I fucked that up
>respectable major but I wasn't really excited about it
>not much debt but I spent a shitload of my parents money that I could have saved at a cheaper school
>no networking

After the graduation ceremony but before I left is when it really hit me. Everybody was in groups laughing and cheering and saying goodbye, I didn't even know where my sorta-friends were. I just killed some time alone pretending to say goodbye to people then left with my folks.

but I was young and stupid. You never figure things out until you do. I'm doing better now and have almost become a real adult.
>>
>>28442585
Power through it anon, just legit drop this site while and study hard until the exam tomorrow. No matter what the result, try to get an internship.
>>
>Statistics final in 8 hours
>I literally cheated the entire semester
>last math class I need forever
>Have a 85 average, need a 50 on the exam to get a C minimum
Sweating bullets, trying to cram 14 chapters in these few hours.
Thankfully it's only 40 questions, & multiple choice. It isn't looking good though...
>>
>>28437887
>18 years old, dropped out of high school.
>mom says I can only live with her if I am working or going to CC
>go to CC
>Do OK my first semester, mostly easy classes, thinking of becoming a network administrator
>stop going to classes my second semester, fail two classes and didnt even drop them, just got straight up F's.
>stop going to school
>start working, have a few jobs that last 3-6 months, just up and quit them all except the school janitor job I got fired from for sleeping on the job.
>break up with GF of three years, move out on my own, working random jobs, quitting every 3-4 months.
>Try to make a living as a musician. I am a very good bassist but due to laziness I never got with any bands that got anywhere, made no money.
>life is hard not working and having bills to pay, have to move back in with mom after a year of living in poverty.
>goes back to CC, do OK the first semester, no failures.
>same old anon, stop going to classes and bomb the semester. My favorite hobbies are smoking weed and sleeping.
>Join the Navy at 24 years old before becoming a complete robot
>Get out of Navy married w/ a kid, going to university making A's and B's in a Nursing major.
>>
File: creepface.png (2 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
creepface.png
2 KB, 128x128
>>28442525
You can use use Python for vidya, anon. Game Dev Tycoon is written in it, I think. Some parts of EVE too
>>
File: 1462214101357.jpg (16 KB, 164x347) Image search: [Google]
1462214101357.jpg
16 KB, 164x347
>>28443631
Why do people even have kids
>>
File: 1438572076186.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1438572076186.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>28438980
>spend all my time playing videogames and watching anime
How do you anons do this? I don't have the motivation to do anything. This includes playing videogames and watching anime.
>>
My situation is not that bad i guess, but i definitely fucked up by not choosing the degree myself. Basically stuck doing something i dont like, and have no motivation for anything.

>going through law school
>dad chose the degree for me because i didnt know what i wanted to do
>no motivation to study
>go to classes but barely pay any attention
>end up just barely passing, not learning anything
>failed a few classes and will end up graduating a year later than i was supposed to
>cant muster up the courage to change degree or drop out because already halfway done
>plus id probably have to move back in with my parents, which i dont want to do
>got an internship at a law firm, boring work but at least i get some money

I guess ill just graduate and see what happens afterwards. Its a boring but comfortable situation
>>
>Calc II final tomorrow
>Currently at a high B
>Need at least a 70 to keep my B
I'm dead inside
>>
File: 160415065031.jpg (76 KB, 780x438) Image search: [Google]
160415065031.jpg
76 KB, 780x438
>>28444028
Lousy bum. It all worked out for you didn't it, and all you did was just slop through life. I hope you get beheaded by ISIS.
>>
File: 2jFAMTV.jpg (20 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
2jFAMTV.jpg
20 KB, 563x542
My normie flatmates bullied me out of university. I didn't like my course anyway which gave me no reason to stay. How can I take revenge on them?
>>
I graduate in four days a year late with a degree in nothing, no lasting friendships, no gf, a shit GPA, and a rejection letter from a dozen or so grad schools.

This has been an absolute, unequivocal waste of my time and my parents' money. But I think the worst part about this is having watched the people who were always dumber than me get good jobs and immediate acceptance into grad school because they networked. The world revolves around nepotism, and I wish I'd fully understood that coming in.
>>
>>28444387
Go to their room when they're not there and shit and piss everywhere. Then run away.
>>
File: 1461953042591.jpg (121 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
1461953042591.jpg
121 KB, 444x460
>first exam I got a C
>second exam I got an F
>need an A- minimum to pass my first trimester

Hold me, robots
>>
>>28444183
this seems awfully familiar, i guess you are also depressed, anon?
>>
>>28437887
I'm in the process of fucking up college, my GPA is already at unsalvageable levels, this will be my last semester
>>
>>28444431
I left a few months ago but I wish I'd done that before I'd left. I can only take vengeance online at this point.
>>
>>28444431
that's a bad idea, shit contains dna
>>
File: 1392963819086.png (88 KB, 289x300) Image search: [Google]
1392963819086.png
88 KB, 289x300
I did very well with my course work and received first class honors, but I never went to a party or got laid.
>>
File: 1446236170130.jpg (114 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
1446236170130.jpg
114 KB, 579x570
>>28444438
everyone keeps asking or assuming this. and quite frankly, I have no idea.
>>
>>28444028
How was the Navy? what changed for you there? I am thinking about enlisting after I finish my schooling.
>>
>>28444028
>get a new job every 3-4 months
It blow my mind that people can do this while it takes me 3-4 months to just get an interview someplace. How can people be this good at getting jobs?
>>
>>28437887
>got a 79 on a final in my most important class
>got B's on all the tests before, but have an F for the homework
>my final grade is a C
>i needed a B in that class to continue on with the program

gg
>>
>Self loathing
>Not good enough,
>Study
>Fail
>Take different course.
>Studied the wrong book or something.
>Fail mid terms.
>Have to write a paper, I think its good.
>No its not. I was expecting at least a B
>Fail
>No one finds me interesting nor I them, don't get how anyone makes any friends.
>Asian dad screams at me " U NO STUDY"
>I guess he was right.
>Become suicidal.
>Drop out.

Lately though I think I should be trying again.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 554x261) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 554x261
>>28437887
I only did community college. I was a photography major my first year but did terrible so I switched to liberal arts because I didn't know what I wanted to be. It's difficult to do well in art classes because it all depends on the professor's opinion.
>took a national geographic tier photos of a various wildlife
>bad criticism
>student takes a picture of a dirty mirror nailed to a tree
>FUCKING BRILLIANT SENPAI

Graduated a year late but ended up graduating with my high school sweetheart (he's a year younger) so that was nice. Even simple math classes was always super shitty for me, yet I got above average grades in everything else. I'm not in college debt so that's a plus.

I wanted to go to vet tech school afterwards but I'm glad I didn't because it would have been a huge waste. I ended up wanting to be in retail loss prevention for fun, but then found my calling to be a security guard.
>>
>>28437919
I guess it's now time for a story.
>>
>>28437887
>Was forced to go to college by my parents
>No idea what I wanted to do
>no idea what would be a degree for job availability/pay
>ask parents for advice
>get told to "Go look it up"
>Surpirse surprise I didn't do any of my work for the mandatory art history/ psych classes the Counselor signed me up for.
>parents don't even give a shit that I wasted a whole year at school and failed everything.
>Come home the next day hungover and walk through the front door.
>See my older neet brothers 26 and 30 both laying on the floor playing some anime fighter game.
>Become scared shitless that I'll end up like them.
>close door and go back to school and sign up for next semester.
fast forward a year and now I'm /fit/ and on the dean's list. I guess third times the charm when it comes to offspring (no thanks to my parents). no wonder my brothers are both neets, holy shit.
>>
I'm still in it (3rd year) but I've pretty much fucked myself beyond help
>small town in the deep south, no jobs, don't have a car to get to one anyway
>parents basically forced me to go to college
>want to do history or something I enjoy, maybe get a teaching certificate
>parents tell me to go with something that has "real" jobs
>go into computer science since I already know a bit of C
>pass first cs class with an A, but fail calculus
>its a prerequisite for the second cs class
>retake calculus 2 more times and still fail it
>by this point my gpa is fucked and my academic advisor tells me to either drop out or change majors
>I convince my parents to let me switch majors, and go to business and economics
>do fine first semester
>midway through second semester parents get a divorce
>both refuse to help me pay for anything
>have to get a full time job, plus keep my current part time job
>stop going to class because I have to work
>I fail 4 out of 5 class
Since then my mothers started helping me out again and I've gone back to just working part time but I have no idea if I can actually raise my gpa high enough to graduate
>>
>be me
>first year of college
>beginning is not too bad, took me three days after orientation to get invited to spend a night in a girls room
> fuck her two days after that
>we start dating
>things are going great, take her home over fall break to meet my parents and friends
>everything going well, once in a while she complains about me not spending enough time with her
>whatever.jpg
>I drink a little on weekends and study during the week with friends but other than that I spend most of my time with her so I don't get why she's complaining
>few months later
>randomly decides to break up with me because "You don't care about me anon! We never spend time together anymore! Why do you take so many pictures with Emily but never take pictures with me? You're never there for me!"
>okay.wav
>honestly don't care; i told her from the beginning that school would come first and she wants to take issue with that more than three months in?
>apparently still wants to be friends, not really a huge deal
>we fuck for the last week of the semester through finals, she initiated this so I don't see any issue with hitting and quitting
>winterbreak.exe
>come back for second semester
>she files a complaint through title ix, says I raped her.
>what.jpeg
>drags out case for months by suddenly "remembering" four more times I sexually assaulted her but can't remember the dates or locations where they happened
>expands it again to claim relationship abuse
>burden of proof is on me because it's not a criminal investigation it's just through title ix
>got like three polygraphs because my side of the story is true
>literally all the witnesses contradict what she is saying about me and about our relationship (even the ones she named)
>meanwhile being in a title ix case gives her academic accommodations
>technically I could get them too but I don't want to because it I do my profs will be contacted by title ix
>that would mean basically telling all my profs that I've been accused of rape
>cont.
>>
>>28446417
>be a month in to the second semester, and the stress of the whole thing is starting to get or me
>think about what's gonna happen if it doesn't turn out in my favor
>already realize from the beginning that it could easily mean the end of my career in science, end of my academic career
>do research into case precedent, rules out career in military or even going to community college if I lose
>start thinking about hurting myself, eventually decide if shtf im gonna pop about ten Vicodins and try to sever my brachial artery with a five inch knife (because deep down I know I'm too much of a pussy to go for the carotid without hesitating and messing up)
>not sleeping or eating well, gain 5-10 pounds
>grades start to dip, go from As to Bs to Ds
>finally case decision comes back, it's in my favor
>notbad.jpg
>happy that I don't have to off myself now
>five days time to file an appeal expires, radio silence from school
>I email to find out if an appeal has been filed, find out that one has been filed because an extension was granted
>anxiety and depression come back
>sitting around waiting to find out if I'm gonna have to off myself now
>the waiting is the worst part, can't stand the waiting
>don't know what to do
>and that brings us to now, with finals around the corner and still not knowing for certain what my future holds
>>
File: 1457886350939.png (492 KB, 1000x488) Image search: [Google]
1457886350939.png
492 KB, 1000x488
>Stabbed my english teacher in the leg with a pencil
>Can no longer leave country
>Am a britbong
>>
>>28438127
YEAH THAT'S BASICALLY ME
>>
>>28446703
BIN IT
>>
>>28446437
Look at how much trouble you could have avoided if you'd kept your dick in your pants.
>>
Well I spent three years in a program I was too retarded for and kept failing in. My parents let me switch last year though (they pay half of tutition and watch everything) and just finished a year in something I'm actually doing well in so that's nice.

Aside from that though, 4 years in and I've still made virtually no friends and certainly no girl friend.
>>
File: 1PicsArt_03-23-10.54.05.jpg (194 KB, 600x647) Image search: [Google]
1PicsArt_03-23-10.54.05.jpg
194 KB, 600x647
How do you deal with the fact that in 10 years you will be surrounded by people more educated
than you? If you do get a gf she will most likely have a degree while you don't.
>>
>>28446417
>burden of proof is on me because it's not a criminal investigation
what the fuck. Is this the fucking inquisition
>>
>>28446417
>>28446437

I thought Uni girls crying rape was a meme.
>>
>>28437887

>Parents forced me into uni.
>Nothing interests me so I chose economics in random.
>Started studying.
>It's boring but I keep going.
>First two assignments that I submitted got 90/100 and 95/100.
>Lose the non existent motivation I had.
>Haven't studied for almost a month now.
>Didn't submit two assignments so far.
>Feel tired and mentally deranged, knowing that my school work is always looming over me.
>Just started and I already want out.

I just want to do skilled manual labour. What's so wrong and degrading about working with your hands? I was always told that without a degree I won't be able to survive in today's economy, but so far I noticed that only the undergraduates are living in debt poverty. If they are lucky enough to get a job it's a boring and low paying one that they had to fight for. Meanwhile I see all the "stupid" guys that did bad in school making crazy dosh and enjoying what they do. It feels like my parents are pushing me to get a degree only so that they could wave it in the faces of our extended family memebers during holiday dinner, saying "Look, my son isn't a failure". A degree always was the symbol of the upper class and now that's it available to the plebs they all flock to get it, thinking it would change anything. It's scary to see how bastardized the academy is. People are supposed to go to uni because they love the subject they study, not because they love money.

I'm going to confront my father and ask him why I'm wasting my time and money on a degree that doesn't even interests me. I just can't see myself wasting my life over this BS.
>>
File: 2mH5YCf.jpg (87 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
2mH5YCf.jpg
87 KB, 700x520
>25 years old
>Still a sophomore
>Have dropped out of college two times already
>Probably not even going to go to my College Algebra final and just take Digital Media because it's online

I plan on transferring and doing this film certification at a technical school. But I feel kind of uneasy about it because it just seems like some cash grab because the film industry has gotten big in my state.
>>
>>28447215
I thought so too
>>
>>28447156
Apparently. Fucking title ix bullshit is set up to favor the girl every fucking time. So now I have to put my faith in a system that's designed to work against me.
>>
File: 1461675945829.png (121 KB, 255x316) Image search: [Google]
1461675945829.png
121 KB, 255x316
>>28446703
Can you seriously not leave the country because of you stabbing your english teacher or is it for other reasons?

Just seems like a bit of a stupid thing tbqh
>>
>>28446861
How was I to know? It's not like people don't have sex in college. And she seemed perfectly fucking normal, nothing suggested she would do this until she actually did it.
>>
>>28443825
>senior level statistics for engineers
>allowing us 3 pages of cheat sheets on the final

Lmao statistics would be hard if I had to actually understand it and shit. My prof talks like Kermit the frog and is based.
>>
>>28447387
What feminism has done for society. God speed brother, wish I help more
>>
>>28447438
Thanks anon. I'm trying to take a cautiously hopeful attitude towards it, but I really don't know what to do. It's funny how I used to identify as liberal but this whole experience has pushed me farther and farther away from anything labeled as modern liberalism.
>>
>>28447404
What did you do to get her so quickly? How do some people just fall into sex and relationships?

I just finished freshman year and am still a virgin.
On the upside my grades are good, as if that shit matters. My retard parents don't seem to udnerstand that I'd be better off without a high school diploma while having actual social skills.
>>
>>28446703
Don't be an imbecile, bin that pencil
>>
>>28444832
The Navy had it's ups and downs. I spent half of it working in a clinic in Texas, then the other half with the Marines. I learned a lot of medical knowledge working in the clinic and it was basically a 9-5 job with mandatory exercise and having to get up early and stay late once or twice a month.

Being with the Marines sucked. Lots of sleeping outdoors on the ground for weeks at a time, being bored as fuck, a lot more rules and regulations than I had in the clinic, 12 mile ruck marches, just lots of general suckery. If I never got stationed with the Marines I probably would have stayed in, but they ruined it for me.

As far as how it changed me, it got me to stop being a quitter. Before, I just quit everything if it got a little uncomfortable or was inconvenient for me. Didn't want to wake up and go to work? Fuck it, i'll just sleep in and never show up again, figure it out later. In the Navy, I basically couldn't quit, if I didn't show up the consequences would be dire. I needed that in my life, and it has carried over into my second try at school and life. I put in the work and get good grades. I don't even have to work insanely hard at it, it just requires a little bit of effort when before, I didn't put ANY effort into anything.
>>
>>28444937
I never had trouble finding an entry-level job. I lived in a big city and I could present myself well and interview well. I would just lie about my experience most of the time, they never checked with entry level jobs.

It was only difficult finding a job when I needed one the most. I was broke as a joke and had like $20 to last me for an entire month for food. I couldn't find anything the entire month until I was flat broke, then a job finally came through.

I would have never been in that situation if I stuck to the job I already fucking had which wasn't even bad, I just didn't want to wake up one day and stopped going.
>>
>>28447599
I honestly don't know. I'm also the good grades and no social skills type. It just kind of happened quickly. This hasn't happened before.
>>
My auditory hallucinations hit peak first semester sophomore year. I tried to kill myself, failed, and was taken to the hospital. I had to stay out of school for the rest of the year, so I'm just graduating a year late now.

I fucking hated college, met great friends, but class was hell. I have severe ADD, and my doc wouldn't prescribe me adderall, because of possible psychotic triggers. Meanwhile, I'm buying that shit off friends, and trying to finish 35 pages of writing inbetween bowl hits and panic attacks.

Fuck.
>>
>>28448138

>auditory hallucinations

You got me interested. What stuff do you hear?
>>
File: 9Gfr6Z9.jpg (49 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
9Gfr6Z9.jpg
49 KB, 500x336
>>28447599
I was ugly as shit when I was 17 and some fairly qt girl was all over my shit. I didn't even try, she asked me out and initiated everything.

I am not even exaggerating my ugliness, pic was me at 17.
>>
>>28447988
>20 dollars for a month of food

that's not too hard if you don't mind eating dollar store bags of rice, chopped up hot dogs and 6-packs of ramen
>>
>>28448213
Voices, for the most part. They started out as mumors in high school, but built into coherent voices in college. One was particular rough, recurring and nasty. They would come in waves, but by the end, he was always present.

However, he did give me a lot of confidence to do things I wouldn't have done otherwise, like finish papers and apply for jobs.

Then he tried to convince me to push a kid onto the train tracks. That night I opened my wrists on the campus quad, but some freshman decided to smoke and found me out there soon after.
>>
>>28448283
Pretty close. It was rice, beans, crackers I took from fast food places and some chicken thighs that were on sale for something ridiculous like $.50 a lb.
>>
>>28448233
>>28447998
This world is so un-fucking fair its not even funny.

Hopefully I too can stumble into a relationship next year, assuming I don't off myself this summer.

Its gonna be a long summer.
>>
>>28447406
Yeah, I don't know what the symbols are any of that shit means.
About to just load up some programs on my TI-83 and pray they let us use them instead of just standard calculators.
>>
>>28448233
You're actually quite cute anon. Post more recent pictures.
>>
>>28448333

Male voices? Female voices? Kids? People you know? Do they only talk to you or do they sometimes talk between themselves? Do the voices overlap eachother?

When I'm really drunk I tend to hear the people I spent the night with before parting ways talking really fast. They sound like a broken tape that loops itself and it can drive me crazy.

Hallucination fascinates me.
>>
>>28447910
Thanks for replying, this something I wish to find as well when I enlist. I'm lazy an a chronic procrastinator and I seem to be able to thrive under situations like you said when the consequences or dire. That part sucks about the Marines. I heard the Air Force is easymode and I think I have the aptitude for it. What do you think about military life versus civillian life?
>>
>be 22
>finally able to transfer out of community college
>afraid to move out so commute 45 minutes to new school
>do well 1st year, make honor roll
>two semester away from graduating
>get depressed as fuck
>stop going to class
>End up working for two years
>Back at community college now

Kinda sucks. Weird as shit being 25 and people around you talking about buying a house or whatever. Part of me wants to try moving out, but on the other hand I pretty much get to live the NEET life when I am at community college. I work maybe once a week if that on the side.
>>
File: dghfdh.png (1 MB, 1202x1057) Image search: [Google]
dghfdh.png
1 MB, 1202x1057
>>28437887
Dropped out after 4 months

I want to do university so bad, but I can't handle the social aspect at all
>>
>be kissless virgin beta nerd in high school
>coast through classes with minimal effort
>never do any homework, just play morrowind and oblivion obsessively at home
>fantasize incessantly about going to college and getting a gf and dropping acid
>manage to get into top tier college through psat scores
>begin quest to find acid and qt gf
>become a regular pothead and cigarette smoker
>have several fantastic psychedelic experiences
>meet lots of friends who invite me to parties every week
>eventually meet qt3.14 blonde at party
>she asks me to walk her home and holds my hand afterward
>we exchange numbers on facebook the next day
>have a blissfull sex-filled relationship for two years
>eventually she gets mad at me for talking to other girls and doing drugs all the time and we break up
>i start dating qt3.14 brunette
>we go out for a degenerate drugged-up sex-filled year
>eventually brunette cheats on me
>we break up
>i end up taking a ton of acid
>start coming up with crazy conspiracy theories about how the world revolves around me
>try contacting blonde ex about my theories
>she gets freaked out and says "i'm acting crazy"
>get deeper into the conspiracy
>stop attending classes
>stop sleeping
>have full on psychotic episode
>trash apartment
>become homeless
>get picked up by cops
>sent to psych ward
>fail semester
>go back home
>put on antipsychotics
>can no longer trip
>no gfs since
>no college degree

i just wanna die, man
>>
>>28448704
>>28446437
Its kind of ironic.
You robots think you have control over your destiny.

Eventually, the universe notices your out of line, and makes sure to screw you.
>>
File: I2MSLYF.jpg (123 KB, 562x750) Image search: [Google]
I2MSLYF.jpg
123 KB, 562x750
>>28448514
ayy low content
>>
File: PLVyIkX.jpg (139 KB, 732x977) Image search: [Google]
PLVyIkX.jpg
139 KB, 732x977
>>28448514
yaa low content
>>
>>28449871
Holy crap you look way different now. Quite a bit better too.

Post dick now
>>
>only take two classes
>Still manage to fail one because I missed a paper. I still could have squeaked by with the rest of the assignments but my anxiety over explaining why I didn't do the paper made me skip the last two weeks of class and miss the final exam.
>still haven't told mom I'm not graduating like she thought.
>have to go yet another semester in the fall.
>>
File: 1453559393229s.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1453559393229s.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>Went to a completely new country where none of my cyborg past could haunt me
>End up becoming even more of a robot than in high school
>Make barely any friends
>Still khv
>Literally see flatmates once a week because they are autistic shutins by choice (Whereas I am one by circumstance)
>Didn't make friends for life
>Didn't get anywhere with women
>Didn't have the 'best years of my life'

At least I graduate in a couple of weeks with a good degree classification at a top world uni. The loans suck but assuming I can get a job i should be able to pay them off in a year. Can't wait to go back home to my friends. See each other in the summer and the christmas break but i worry if im gonna get displaced from the group for being away for 3 years most of the time... if that happens ill probably just end it all.

I blame my failure on my terrible acne making me shy during freshers; messing up that crucial period basically set me on the wrong course for the rest of uni.

Don't know if I should try the whole thing again with a masters...
>>
>4.0 gpa
>did 0 networking

I am fucked. Hopefully I find some shit this summer.
>>
>>28447142
>If you do get a gf she will most likely have a degree while you don't.
Date a girl in the 8th grade, all problems solved.
>>
File: 1368688243390.jpg (12 KB, 424x394) Image search: [Google]
1368688243390.jpg
12 KB, 424x394
>Finals this week
>Have to write 3 research papers in 4 days and study for 2 exams
>Had basically a month to do all of the above but 4chan'd all day
>$15,000 scholarship depends on keeping a 3.0

JUST
>>
>>28450090
>le must network in college, its so easy XD

they're right, but fuck i hate those ppl bro

people give that advice as if most us bots aren't fucking crippled by social anxiety and "networking" is a completely foreign concept to us
>>
>graduate highschool with 2.8 GPA
>flunk out of CC after one semester
>work a construction job for 5 years
>spend most of the time being severely depressed, boozing, smoking, generally being a useless piece of shit
>suicide attempt, 5150'd for 3 days in ward
>decide to quit job a year later and go back to CC
>easiest shit i've ever done, perfect GPA and leave with honors, get into elite uni
>move for school, new area, no friends
>become depressed again, barely keeping up with work but manage to maintain GPA
>motivation slowly disintegrating, no friends, no prospects, anxious, depressed, sleeping 11+ hours a day
>can't bring myself to do anything
>probably gonna suicide
>>
>>28448704
damn anon. you didn't consume those drugs, they consumed you.
>>
>>28451236
How big are the papers? I did all my papers within days prior, but they were short.

I kinda screwed up my poli sci final though.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 720x690
>graphic design
>have to find a company where i can do internship for 600 hours
>find one
>don't read the contract
>sign the contract
>now stuck there for 850 hours instead of 600 because i didnt read the contract

Jej, i wouldve been done by the end of next week if i wasn't such a cunt.
>>
Got into an extremely well respected school. Midway through sophomore year depression hit hard and I got on academic probation after spring semester. That summer I wrestled with the decision to try and go back or take some time off. I did the wrong thing in order to appear socially normal (i did not mention my struggles to ANY of my friends out of fear for social shame/whatever) and promptly flunked out of this great school after fall semester junior year.

So, I enrolled at the public university satellite location in the same city for spring semester, played it off to EVERYONE like I was still at the well-respected school for fall semester. The intention was to get the necessary grades at this public school to get back into the "better" school after one semester. I failed pretty much across the board, crushed under the pressure of the academics and my lies to everyone I love.
>>
>>28452392
Eventually, I admitted that I needed help, took the fall semester off of school, saw a therapist, got on medication, started taking care of my body again, the usual remedies. I reapplied at the public school and barely got the necessary grades in the spring semester. I was then reaccepted to my well respected university.

From there I barely scraped by and graduated - One and a half years (i.e. thousands in debt) behind my high school graduating class. I never became a good student (or a good employee, for that matter) since my depression and its something i still handle on a day to day basis.
>>
>>28437887
>Didn't socialise
>Didn't find a gf
>Didn't network
>Spent all my money and time smoking weed
>Went to a decent uni in a shit town so didn't want to stay there thus now living with parents
>Studied animation
First class degree my ass.
>>
>>28442525
C has pointers and manual memory management. If you can't learn Python you probably won't manage C. Btw, you probably want to learn C# because it's what unity uses.
>>
>>28453552
Can you post your animation work anon?
>>
>>28437887
>at ucsb, 3 person dorm room.
>learn 1 roomate is gay
>other roomate tells me hes switching rooms because of this
>i stay
>kid seems nice
>he invites another gay person to stay in the room
>now its 2 bottom extremely flamboyant booty shorts wearing gay guys and me.
> I realised i kind of fucked up.
>everyone on the hall (black schoalars hall) thinks im gay because of this.
>I stop going to school, stop leaving my room because depressed and no friends,
>gay guy sucks my dick when im sleeping and tells everyone.
>i leave because gpa too low.
>depressed for longest time because i made it into my dream school and shit got unfortunate for me real fast.

shit sucked.. literally.
>>
>>28437887
I want to know the story behind that pic
>>
>>28447229
I'm exactly you.

My father said:
"Remember when you were younger and wanted to go to music school? they told you you were good at it, but we just never had the money.
That's why you want a degree"

My father is a construction worker.
>>
>>28453794
>gay guy sucks my dick when im sleeping and tells everyone.

holy shit lmao
your dorm room choice really fucked you over didn't it, that sucks
are you going back?
...was he cute at least
>>
>dad, I want to be a writer when I grow up!
>a writer, huh? remember, son, writers don't have a pot to piss in
didn't understand what he meant
now i'm broke and in debt with a journalism degree, doing a job that has nothing to do with writing
moral of the story:
listen to your father
>>
>>28453836
this. are those >>28437887 two male kids? is bragging about being a faggot "cool" now amongst the youth?
>>
>>28438555
>read it as anyone got trips
>you actually got trips
>>
>>28453794
I had a flaming fag roommate freshman year. He invited his spic manlet fag to come over and stay overnight constantly.
First time he did it he didn't even tell me till the night of. I got pissed at him and told him to kick the fucker out, he whined like a fag, and I ended up having to capitulate or risk him screwing me over the rest of the year. From then on he told me everytime prior.
He did it again the last week or school, the fucker. I hope he gets aids and dies.

My roommate next year is a decent guy, so it should work out.
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.