[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No dragon to be slain, no world to be saved, no secret power
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11
File: Desert.jpg (97 KB, 691x960) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
97 KB, 691x960
No dragon to be slain, no world to be saved, no secret power to be learned. Even though the vast majority of this sub, extremely likely including me, would be killed if put in any anime-esque situation I would rather fall into the cockpit of a gundam and fail then rather live on this planet of mediocrity where nothing interesting/magical really happens
>>
File: 1462081151680.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462081151680.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
If technology gets good enough, maybe one day we can escape to a better life.
VR is already in it's infancy.
>>
>>28436230
Why not build an exciting life for real?
>>
File: 1461702336748.jpg (369 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1461702336748.jpg
369 KB, 960x540
Lucid

Dreaming

>original commett
>>
>>28436025
>Even though the vast majority of this sub

why don't you quest back over to reddit fucko
>>
>>28436025
That's why you need to smoke weed and take shrooms
>>
>>28437018
Personally, regular dreams > lucid dreams
My subconscious is much more imaginative and wild than I am
>>
cannon fodder? for fucks sakes.
>>
>this sub

HoLLLLEEE shit

REDDIT IS LOOSE
>>
>>28437018
It's so abstract to me how desperate some people are in their desire to lucid dream when I've been doing it on my own since I was 5 a few times a month.
>>
>>28437094
I get about more boring, mundane and nonsensical dreams than I do wild and imaginative ones though.

I have all these crazy ideas for dreams I want to experience and then either I wake up remembering none or just remember them all and they were all mundane and unsubstantial.

>>28437115
Consider me jelly, its been my goal to lucid dream regularly every week but I haven't done enough to get more than 1-2 a year. I can't keep my practice consistent and shit, I wish I could naturally do it.
>>
>All matter in the Universe can be scaped into particles so small and weightless they cannot even be measured
>On the larger end, there are solar systems, galaxies, and other heavenly bodies that are mind-numbingly large
>They physics and between these tiny particles, giant bodies, and everything inbetween are extremely intricate
>By a matter of luck, some chemicals clumped together and managed to become aware of their surroundings
>Fast forward through the evolution of all living beings on a single planet, focus in on species, man, and you've still got thousands of years of history to study
>Empires rising and falling, wars, science, art
>Modern day, some nerd is slapping keys on a piece of plastic and sending messages over thousands of wires and networks on
>It appears on my screen, possibly thousands of miles away, in an instant
>He's fucking bored

Fuck you if you don't think all of that shit is interesting. Fact is stranger (and better) than fiction.
>>
>>28437115
Sounds like something a normie would say
>I don't understand how you can be so desperate for sex when I've been getting laid since I could crawl
>>
>>28437221
Yeah that shit's cool and all but I'm not witnessing the formation of galaxies or the rise and fall of mankind personally

Even the internet gets boring when you're experiencing largely the same thing every day
>>
>>28436025
>rather live on this planet of mediocrity where nothing interesting/magical really happens
>world isnt like in my animu
>lol i dont even get out of my pc
Humans invented everything you see (technology, art, science, etc.) That's our super power: intelligence and will. Not to mention many other skills thanks the complex body structure we got.
Though this world can be pretty boring I know, people are hostile, fake and annoying. Society sucks. Politics (which is what seems the most important subject to normies for some reason) sucks. Sometimes I feel like the only objetive is just to make money, fuck women and have a status. But world still has it's magic and a plenty of things to do if you let aside what your parents, friends, society, etc. tells you to do
>>
File: Temple-of-Apollo-6.jpg (109 KB, 770x941) Image search: [Google]
Temple-of-Apollo-6.jpg
109 KB, 770x941
>>28437221
And yet the most likely future our world is heading towards is a mongrelized, mixed race, shithole with first world countries overrun by non-whites in an endless flood from their overpopulated third world countries and all majority Islam, throwing away all that western civilization has fought to protect, nourish and defend for 2,000 years, no bright eyed optimistic 60's future of lunar, lagrangian and martian colonies, daily and routine space travel and an ever brighter future to look forward to.

Instead, rising temperatures, worsening climate, causing more inflow of unstoppable mass of third world shitskins to Western countries, all our resources and money and time focused on them and on their needs instead of the manifest destiny of humanity venturing outwards to the solar system, all that potential wasted.

Its no small wonder escapism and fantasy drive us so.
>>
>>28437242
maybe I'm a normie senpai :^)
>>
>>28436025
its all there.

you're just too retarded to do it.
>>
>>28437221
This guy>>28437311 is right.

That stuff is cool as shit but I have to spend most of my time working on things I don't want to do at all. Like stocking shelves in retail, etc. If anything, even the shit you described is just a different form of escapism.
>>
>>28437455
Be patient, my son. Things take time. We can all feel the pressure building. The eradication of Islam will be like nothing the world has ever seen.
>>
>>28437632
>The eradication of Islam will be like nothing the world has ever seen.

Oh I can only dream of it, but it feels so impossible, for 1,000 years now Europe has tried to keep Islam at bay but instead now they openly welcome it in their lands, it feels too deeply rooted, too big to slay.

There is no bright future for this world and this species if Islam is allowed to exist, that much I do know.
>>
>>28437691
It will happen. It's only a matter of when. It's easy to be discouraged because everything happening in the world right now is totally unprecedented, and so it's hard to predict what will happen. But the muslim rape of Germany, France, Sweden and others will reach a breaking point in the coming decades, and when it does, that war won't last a year. We can eliminate them overnight.
>>
>>28437872
I hope so anon, its a really bleak future otherwise.

If we don't see a massive return to nationalism, patriotism and isolationism in Europe in the coming decades, we are fucking screwed when the real crises of water wars and desertification and increasing climate come around and suddenly instead of 1-2 million annually trying to migrate to Europe, to civilized Northern countries, to the Anglosphere, the fresh water sources, it will be 1-2 million monthly.

Europe must prepare ahead of time, eradicating Islamic influence and power in their countries will be an important step.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 850x400
>>28437691
It really only takes one person, really. God willing.
>>
File: Capture.png (148 KB, 1349x354) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
148 KB, 1349x354
That's the life that we were thrown into, anon.
>>
>>28436025
>this sub
GET THE FUCK OUT REDDIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR7dNntU5oI
>>
>>28436025
Magical shit happens all the time

on /k/
>>
we need another Hitler to give us hope again.
>>
>>28436025
>Even though the vast majority of this sub
yikes

you have been exposed as a redditor
>>
>>28436025
There is a dragon to be slain
The problem is it's hidden underneath a million riddles and you were born completely powerless instead of with some inborn ability like a hero is

This is the reality where the villain always wins
>>
>>28437221
you think you are so above it all and deep by pretending to marvel at normality, while in reality we all got over that when we were a few months old you fucking loser
>>
>>28436999
Are you retarded?
The very first part of the reddit pasta covers that question you fucking idiot
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 489x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 489x1024
The world right now is incredibly interesting. We are alive on the brink of amazing changes.
My only regret is not being born in a time period in which I could live forever.
>>
File: you__039_re_all_diamonds.jpg (348 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
you__039_re_all_diamonds.jpg
348 KB, 900x900
>Tfw I'll never become the rl Big Boss.

End it now.
>>
>>28436025
This is why so many men in shithole countries go to war.

Ages ago i thought they were needlessly wasting their lives but now I realise just how pointless it all gets if someone has nothing to live for.

We're lucky to have vidya and the internet to make it tolerable.
>>
>>28436025
>this sub
I have been laughing about this for minutes now
>>
There aren't dragons, but there are monsters - bears, tigers, giant anacondas, giant squid, great whites, etc. - go slay one of them.

The world needs saving - climate change is a looming disaster.

There are so many secret powers to be learned you couldn't do it in a lifetime. They just seem mundane because it's real world shit. Coding would seem like some extreme science fiction if it was 1900 AD. Learn how to scuba dive, or fly a plane. Those aren't really secret, but they are things that most people don't know how to do.

Join the military and learn to fly some bad ass attack helicopter - that's high tech shit. It's science fiction come to life. If you were an anime character, the gundam shit would seem exactly like modern weaponry seems to you IRL.

Those characters in stories are always the one person who breaks out and takes action, while the rest of the people cower in fear. You could have the same kind of adventures if you were to get off your fat lazy ass and take action that no one else is willing to. The details would be different of course, but you could live a similar kind of life.

Or you could sit on your computer and whine about how there's nothing to do on this gigantic, amazing, diverse planet.
>>
File: megabait.jpg (48 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
megabait.jpg
48 KB, 625x626
>>28439628
>go save the world.... from climate change
>go fly a helicopter... its just like a gundam!

LOLOLOL go fuck yourself you fucking retard lmao
>>
>>28437311
Take a plane ticket to southern Greece, you can watch the fall of mankind just fine.
Not sure about the rise tho.
>>
>>28436025
>this sub
Thanks fucker, now I want a sandwich
>>
>>28439628
coding: boring as fuck and thousands of hardcore autists will always be superior to you

scuba: costs money and amounts to a meme travel activity cause you need to be James Cameron to explore the frontiers

plane: very expensive and useless skill unless you can afford a plane

military: you give away your freedom to be used as a tool, any of the cool shit is reserved for the best and most end up kicking dust for a year or get blown up in random ieds with no real action

There are too many millions of people and someone will always be greater cause they religiously dedicate their lives to a single profession.
Most of us have 0 potential to make a mark cause we didnt obsess over a single activity since childhood..
>>
>>28437115
same, its fantastic. Especially sexual lucid dreams
>>
>>28439717
that doesn't mean that our world is not interesting. it's your fault you are mediocre
>>
>>28439717
wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhh I deserve to do cool shit even though I am poor and stupid
>>
>>28440137
>>28440271
What's your point? We are all mediocre or less here, even the average normie is living a dead end wagecuck life with the only highlight being 'muh family'.

Our best chance for an interesting life is getting randomly picked out by some alien to explore their culture. Everything on Earth has been done or requires mindless work before meagre fruits maybe pay off.
>>
>>28440137
>>28440271
>I come to the board known for having sad people in it to be condescending
What is wrong with you desu
>>
>>28440344
>Our best chance for an interesting life is getting randomly picked out by some alien to explore their culture
>tfw this happened to you and you fucked it up

Stop dropping hints it's driving me mad
>>
>>28436025
Interesting and magical things happen to me every day! But they aren't fun they're just pure moments of suffering
>>
>>28436025
>r9k is being infested by retarded teenage redditors
if you've never shit in a bottle you don't belong here
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.