[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/alc/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12
File: 20120705145030-bf401bec_1_.jpg (538 KB, 1322x4000) Image search: [Google]
20120705145030-bf401bec_1_.jpg
538 KB, 1322x4000
Anyone here alcoholic? How's it going so far?
>>
>>28434433
I work a shitty job while convincing myself it's to save money but then I end up drinking it all away, which I secretly know is my true reason for making money.
>>
File: ckpp.jpg (48 KB, 620x616) Image search: [Google]
ckpp.jpg
48 KB, 620x616
one beer two beer three beer i had 5 on my desk last time i counted i drank 2 i might of got rid of one but i only got one left. i dont want to do the math because i did enough of it to count those five i wans gonna put one in the smoking area or two to enjoy when i smoke and it'll sound like a problem if i add those ones because i didn't do the math on tomorrow
>>
>>28434433
About 7 hours have passed since I got off work, so that makes about 7 shots of everclear.

>>28434819
I stopped buying the really palatable shit for this reason.
>>
>>28434433

Today I only had 11 beers.
>>
>>28434899
I live in Canada, so it's basically all the same price no matter what brand unless you get some real fancy aged shit. I usually just go with spiced black rum. Tastes good and highly alcoholic.
>>
>>28434987
whisky is the mother and father of all alcoholic beverages.
>>
My go-to is mixed vodka with gatorade and I can function as a human being while drunk now and it scares me
>>
>>28435084
if you drink more, it'll stop.
>>
>>28435079
Not as alcoholic as other stuff though. I like it to not taste like shit, but at the end up the day I'm looking for bang for my buck because I drink a fuck ton.

Off topic: I have an old bag filled with empty 26ers and 40s that I don't know what to do with. Live with my parents so I can't just recycle them because then they'll find out how much I drink. I have no idea how to stealthily get rid of them. Wat do robots
>>
>>28434987
It's taxed by abv or something to render them all similarly priced? I'm sorry.

>>28435084
What's scary and what do you have to do? It bums me out when I have to drink more for the same effect. Increased cost for decrease in value.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2447) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2447
Yeah I've been drinking vodka since beer to much calories and been getting fat because of it.
>>
I work in an office and I used to never go in drunk but then I did it once and now I show up to work drunk at least once a week

I'm blasted after work everyday
>>
>>28435158
You can't put them in a backpack or paper grocery bag, go out for a walk and toss the in a receptacle? I dispose of my bottles on my way to work.
>>
>>28435207
That's why I never take shots before work, I k ow I wouldn't be able to control myself half as well as that
>>
being alcoholic helps apparently

I know this isn't a good coping mechanism at all but it's better than freaking out every few seconds, with alcohol it's just easier
>>
hey robots

why do you drink so much?

have you guys seen what alcoholism does to a person?
>>
>>28435079
Aqua vita is.
>>
>>28435185
thats the way to do it
>>
File: IMG_20160509_240121142.jpg (1008 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160509_240121142.jpg
1008 KB, 1456x2592
>>28435213
Not really. There's lots and there's no way to conceal even one without a bag, which would look suspicious. Someone is always home, so they'd see me leaving.

Pick related, it's my bag of shame. Lots of bottles you can't see
>>
>>28435245
there's something about being buzzed, I guess removing inhibitions or anxiety or whatever, that makes bearing with fuck ups easier

no it's not healthy or safe or good for me but it's a temporary reprieve from something that would make me pull out my hair otherwise in anxiety and panic and lack of hope

i know you mean well just please
>>
>>28435185
>implying vodka has no calories

good try tho
>>
I'm tired tonight I'm fighting the urge to drink.
>>28435245
>have you guys seen what alcoholism does to a person?
Yep my mom was a severe alcoholic and kept drinking until she had a stroke.
My dad is still a moderate alchy
>>
>>28435265
>babbies first bottle collection

Half my room is littered with bottles.
>>
>>28435286
It's like 1/3 amount of calories. Also gets the job done.
>>
>>28435158
throw away one at a time
>>
>>28434433
Honestly really great. I drink heavily every day and just wing everything. I never plan for shit and here I am at 26 with a car, a condo, a gf, and as of drinks on the patio this weekend I'm now running a small construction outfit.

Life is kind of a gamble but as long as you have lots of friends and close family relationships things seem to just turn out well without even trying. This is really shitty advice I think but hell, it works for me I guess.

I'm probably gonna blow out my liver and/or kidneys in the next 10 years but goddamn it's been a hell of a ride. My main advice is keep on pushing through life because you never know what's around the corner. Sounds corny but it keeps happening for me so you just never know.

Drinking cheap champagne and mixed vodka drinks tonight by the way.

Godspeed anons
>>
>>28435303
It's not a competition man, I'm asking for help on ideas to quietly dispose
>>
>>28434433
honestly i did drink everyday for like a month and had minor withdrawal symptoms which was enough to scare me into not drinking regularly.
>>
>>28435265
Oh, I would set the precedent of needing to go somewhere with a bag, then after a month you can use that established activity to cover for bottle disposal.

>>28435245
I agree with >>28435273. It just stops my brain from going constantly, lessens panic attacks, life situation seems momentarily easier to accept and even content at timea, can do regular household duties. It's only bad if your body can't handle it and you plan on living a while.
>>
>>28435158
I found a room of craigslist and on a lease that forbids alcohol. So I just throw my bottle away in a black trash bag and make sure throw it away on trash day.
>>
>tfw no vodka for the night

fucking feels bad man
>>
>>28435365
Also to add on to my post, I literally watched my father turn into a toothpick in a hospital bed after liver failure so please be careful anons... It's really fucking bad when it finally hits the fan, absolutely awful in fact.

Mind you it didn't catch up until he was 60 but it comes up closer than you think I'm sure
>>
>>28435390
there are easier ways to kill yourself though.

Death by alcoholism is just excruciating. Your liver slowly dies, so to cope you just drink more.
>>
File: 1460613178222.jpg (168 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460613178222.jpg
168 KB, 1920x1080
I NEED a bottle of rum. God damn.
>>
I have 5 tallboys of Natty Ice(99 cents a can). I'm trying to quit but after a decade it's incredibly hard.
>>
Anyone here sober or trying to be? How long has t been since your last drink? January 25th was my last one.
>>
>>28435468
If you want to drink your whole life got must follow a regiment. It's only dangerous when actions don't align with goals/expectations.
>>
>>28435497
Alcohol is to make living easier. Death will be via heroin.
>>
File: 1462073984214.png (162 KB, 480x331) Image search: [Google]
1462073984214.png
162 KB, 480x331
Dry Drunk here, according to at least two mental health professionals. I fill the hole inside with junk food. Thinking about AA, even though I rarely drink.
>>
>>28435562
how much heroin do you do a day?

how much do you drink a day?
>>
>>28435575
I tried AA and spent the entire meeting with my heart pounding out of my chest, wanting to leave but too afraid of drawing attention to myself, then at the end when everyone got up I did too since I figured it was over and I could finally leave. Then they all held hands and I was too scared to sit back down so I had to grab the two people beside me with my cold and clammy hands, they recited some prayer and I just left and never went back.
>>
>>28435651
I don't do heroin, that would not be smart for me. It is specifically for overdosing.

>>28435575
Not sure about you, but I felt using food it was too easy building tolerance, more inconvenient, shorter buzz and costly.
>>
what does being drunk feel like? how long does it last?
>>
>>28435822
I can talk to anyone about anything and not be afraid, I'm less tense, more relaxed. How long it lasts depends how much you've had to drink, personally I just drink until I pass out and then I wake up with a hangover.

Hangovers fucking suck but when you're a drunk you just kind of learn to live with it. The times I made it a few days without drinking though, waking up without a hangover is the greatest feeling.
>>
>>28435822
Different people will describe it differently, but how long it lasts depends on how quickly your body can process it and how much you drank. Higher abv will take longer to process, but if you drink enough the pathways can get sort of stuck open. It makes processing faster but damages your liver.

Being drunk feels like my brains under water. You know how your senses get muffled and you move a bit slower? It's really pleasently, can actually enjoy some things instead of panicking.
>>
File: 1452555299047.jpg (41 KB, 680x793) Image search: [Google]
1452555299047.jpg
41 KB, 680x793
>work all week, on call this weekend, could be called in to work at any time until night
>looking forward to small opening to drink Saturday night
>get drunk
>cat pisses outside my room
>so much it probably lost 2 pounds, just by peeing
>family used a shitton of cleaning spray
>smells like pee and chemicals
>buzz ruined
>don't wanna get more drunk to try and drown out the smells
>don't want to become alcoholic and drink more than once a week, must wait until next Saturday to try again

>>28435265
Take backpack to local library. Get some books. Return em. Do it again, bring bottles to throw away instead.
>>
>>28435943
That's another bonus of everclear, mixing with water I've pretty much stopped having hangovers. Also, try to establish a habit of drinking a glass or two of water before going all in so it can be done even when you blackout. Do you keep any pedialyte in your house? It's good for hangovers.
>>
>>28436056
I just slam water with a bit of salt when I wake up and then go back to sleep. Being unemployed also helps hangovers.
>>
File: bad ass.jpg (58 KB, 739x412) Image search: [Google]
bad ass.jpg
58 KB, 739x412
>5 beers in
>its only 3pm
>>
Welp I caved. Made a vodka strwberry thing because I have daquari mix but no juice.
It's not bad.
>>
>>28435822
being drunk feels like it looks in the movies, if you get fucked up it will last until you go to sleep.
smoking weed for the first time... well your life will be flipped upside down, in only 5 hours, there is no way to describe it.
some day i will try shrooms or acid but im afraid i will never come back.
>>
>>28436091
Everyone has their routines, but I find any amount of physical activity or even cold shower really helps in alleviating hangovers.
>>28436428
That's the spirit. I was once upgraded to first class on a flight (and I always drink before going to places I may have to interact with strangers) but all the free wine made that plane ride more enjoyable than the entire destination. Flight was at 7am.
>>28436445
It's never too late to start.
>>
I ran out of everything else and the liquor store is closed on Sunday, so I'm drinking wine. It was meant for someone else, but that didn't pan out, and now I'm sitting here like some kind of hipster or yuppie drinking a glass of red. Feels weird, drunkbros.
>>
>>28436498
I remember one time I drank so much that I woke up seven hours later with a buzz.
>>
>>28436542
Waking up still drunk is why I stopped liquor and stuck with beer, getting arrested for drunk driving at 11 AM seems more embarrassing.
>>
>>28436531
Is it because it's bottled? I always keep a box of wine around just in case I want some variety.
>>28436542
Waking up buzzed is one of signs of a great day and truly a reason to get up.
>>
I think I'm becoming dependent on alcohol. I've been getting lonelier and started drinking more, then I met a girl and had a terrible experience and now I'm drinking more. I don't know if I could become a serious addict but I could see it getting out of hand someday.
>>
>>28436656
>>28436542

Waking up buzzed is the best because if you start drinking again before it goes away you skip the hangover entirely.

Also last summer I would start work at 5:30 or 6am, my drunkenness from the night before would wear off around 10am which is the time the supervisors start checking on people.
>>
>>28436656
>buy box of wine
>put it in soda can
>parents don't know you're drinking

It's so dumb but my mom would just said "it smells like alcohol in here" and start looking around for booze but find nothing because I had the can I was drinking out of hidden among the other empty soda cans
>>
>>28436656
Yeah, it's something called an Apothic Red. It actually tastes OK. I'm not a big fan of wine though because I tend to drink large amounts of alcohol, and if you do this with red wine it leads to a monster headache.
>>
My typical day:

>wake up around 7.30am
>walk to supermarket and wait for it to open at 8am.
>Buy cheapest bottle of wine, take it home
>Drink entire bottle in one go
>Browse 4chan until i get tired and nap
>Repeat this another 2 times throughout day

Im basically just a drug addict, but i cant get the stuff i want where i live so i drink to get through the day.
>>
I'm only here because its the only to drink right now like that matters
>>
>>28436670
Maybe your concern is sort of like a preemptive check? You are noticing these patterns so it cannot sneak up on you. Also, it's good you seem to not rely on it for daily activities and instead only for emotional coping.
>>28436702
Sounds like a perfect set up. Luckily my boss is very off hands and I get my work done, so no trouble with enjoying those alcoholic gifts from heaven.
>>28436725
That is way more clever than drinking nothing but white russians, using coffee to try and mask the smell. I never mix uppers and downers anymore.
>>28436760
Yea, something with the sugar content. Usually fill the bottles with water or pedialyte and down it to stave those off. Awesome that it's going to good use. I'll have to check if any stores around here have it.
>>
>>28436902
Thats another thing about wine, always seem to get drowsy. Nice schedule though, a bummer you can't find what you want. What are you looking for?
>>
>>28436428
Kek, I've been doing this since I had 2 months off work.

>starting next week I'm back.

Fuck. I thought I'd have a weeks notice to mentally prepare. Oh well, it will be nice to get a steady paycheck again and at least I like my job. I just don't feel like waking up at 6:30. Racism motivates me to work hard and be successful though at least
>>
File: 497146121_1280x720.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
497146121_1280x720.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>28436973
I stole it from Always Sunny
>>
>>28436973
>Yea, something with the sugar content
It's actually the sulfites.
That combined with the general dehydration that drinking causes. Drinking water while you are drunk and before bed really is the best way to avoid horrible hangovers.
>>
Walking around a nightclub with a honey Jack Daniels and shrugging off every bitch trying to take a sip on it is a god-tier feel
>>
>>28435286
all the calories in vodka are from alcohol, only about half the calories in beer are from alcohol

shits not rocket science, faggot
>>
>>28437051
Plus beer has tons of yeast that will make you bloaty
>>
>>28437021
Going to have to give it a try.
>Zuko
Is that Vella rebranded for tv?
>>28437034
Sulfites? That's some real knowledge. You ever made seasonal wine at home or something?
>>
>need to wake up early to finish accruals
>lying here on my 7th beer

if i'm not an alcoholic yet, i am getting there.
how does it feel guys?
>>
>>28437037
While posting on r9k, the honey is truly good. Sounds like a great feel man.
I once went to a wedding and did nothing but drink jack daniels while hiding in the bathroom.
>>
>>28437099
Sometimes that's not all that bad. I like it for meal replacement and continued buzz on occasion. Some beer also tastes really amazing.
>>
File: contains_sulfites_wine.jpg (89 KB, 420x266) Image search: [Google]
contains_sulfites_wine.jpg
89 KB, 420x266
>>28437120
No I'm just an autismo that reads labels and looks things up when I don't know them
>>
>>28437195
Oh I love some beer. It still makes you bloat if you drink too much too often though
>>
>>28437173
I know, right
probably the 2nd best thing I ever drank (1st one is bombay)
>>
>>28437262
True, I drank half a gallon plus liquor a day for a month and considered not drinking anymore. Beer can really get you.
>>28437247
It's really cool you have that instinct. Probably translates decently to many facets.
>>
>>28437120

Not him but it's potassium metabisulphite to be specific. It's used to kill wild yeast and in large enough doses to kill brewing yeast, though they tend to be resistant to it.

>>28437247

The sulfites aren't generally what will give you a headache. They actually dissipate out via sublimation. What fucks people hard is potassium sorbate. Potassium sorbate is used to stunt yeast from budding and can be used in conjunction with k-meta to stabilize wine.
>>
>>28437284
Thanks for the name, going to have tobtry that. Best I ever had was one of those craft beers aged in a liquor barrel or something. Those get too expensive though.
>>
>>28437391
Got a chemist here. Thanks for the jnfo. It's crazy how much goes into alcohol.
>>
>>28435207
I need to start doing this. My social anxiety is so bad at work because coworkers are fucking rude. It's getting to the point of it's either take xanax before work and be tired as fuck all day or take a few shots before work.
>>
File: IMG_0578.JPG.jpg (715 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0578.JPG.jpg
715 KB, 2048x1536
>>28437446

Not a chemist, homebrewer bruh.

Got 6 gallons of mead going right now.
>>
>>28434433
Almost two months sober. Alcohol induced pancreatitis ain't nothing to fuck with.
>>
never really drank wine, i usually get the cheapest beer or whiskey.
wine seems a lot cheaper, is there any other benefits to drinking it?
>>
>>28437538
>life-threatening complications
No kidding. I hope my family history can tough it out if living long ends up being the way to go.
>>28437514
Ya, but arent your just more specialized? That's really cool that your brewing. Self taught or did you go somewhere for a certification or classes?
>>
>>28437099
>Plus beer has tons of yeast that will make you bloaty

Macrobrew beer is filtered and that force carbonated. The filtering takes out all of the yeast. Only craft beers that are bottle conditions will have any noticeable amount of yeast.
>>
>>28437563
Everclear is the cheapest!
I'm not sure, but it seems like the 10-15 abv wines usually in was perfect for contented drunkeness for me. No preferences?
>>
>>28437638

Brother-in-law is a biochem major and got me into brewing. I realized it's something that I'm actually good at so I just took it from there and started making wine, mead, beer, cider, pretty much everything.

I'm at the point now where I make my own recipes. I have a strawberry wine recipe that was a real hit last summer.
>>
>>28437723
>mead
Raspberry Mead is something I will never forget.
What a wonderful talent. It's like making music you can taste and use to facilitate interaction. Really cool you found something so unique which clicks for you. Think you will ever start distributing it?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.