[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, I think I'm staring to have anxiety attacks. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: dig dog.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
dig dog.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
Hi, I think I'm staring to have anxiety attacks. I'm having a hard time being alone. If anyone wants to talk that would be cool. Thank you.
>>
Hey pal. What have you been up to lately?
>>
>>28434416
3 years NEET. Trying to write books. Freaking out. You?
>>
Mostly playing video games, and coming up with ideas to create my own. I started a company with a friend from uni and we have government income support for nine months to make it work. Feels like none of the ideas I come up with are really good enough to pursue so far, though.
>>
Try to describe how the attacks feel.
>>
Hey man. Hope you'll be okay.

You haven't had any thoughts of hurting yourself have you? Actually, don't answer that. You don't have to.

I'm just saying, if you think you might make a big mistake, it's probably better to go to the hospital. Yeah it'll suck and they'll probably keep you there for like a week but it's better than going crazy and doing something dangerous.
>>
>>28434614
Nice. What kind of games? Are you an artist/writer/programmer?
>>
>>28434694
It was like reality was bottoming out, and being alone was terrifying. I'm 29, and pretty experienced with depression---I don't usually feel like I'm not in control.

>>28434697
No, not really suicidal, just a feeling like I might go crazy.
>>
>>28434718

I honestly don't even know what kind of games yet. I kind of want to make a story-driven action RPG or maybe a platform fighter. It's hard to find a balance between a project I can be passionate about and a project of realistic enough scale that two guys with time constraints and minimal game development experience can tackle at first.
I'm a programmer (so is my business partner), and I'd love to get into the writing side of it too, although I have basically no writing experience. Will probably have to contract out the art side of it though, unless we go with something really simplistic.

What kind of books are you trying to write?
>>
>>28434397
fap to this and you'll feel better
>>
>>28434818
Have you seen the game where you play as a cat? I tried to include a link but 4chan thinks it's spam. HK Devblog, or something. I think I saw that it was only two people working on it, not sure though. Seems like a cool concept. I haven't played games for years because I haven't been able to afford it, but things like this make me miss them.

I finished one novel that's a kind of sci-fi social drama thing about mutants in a valley. The one I'm working on know is kind of an alternate ancient Greek / giant monster thing.

No, 4chan, this is not spam. jdhfbjhbwdjfhjhbejhbf
>>
>>28435093

I hadn't heard of it, I found it though, looks interesting! There's definitely some quality and successful stuff that's been put out by just one or two devs in recent years, although it seems to take a long time to make anything more than a simple phone game.

Have you submitted your novel to publishers or anything?

By the way, I started having panic attacks last year myself. I was convinced I was having a heart attack or stroke or dying in some way. I do have a lot of physical problems which I've become anxious about being serious, but all the medical investigations seem to show there's nothing sinister happening. I started seeing a psychologist, who didn't do much for me, but I tried a different one this year and she's been quite helpful in getting some control over the underlying anxiety. I haven't had one in a while now.
>>
>>28435516
I guess the trick is to try and minimize some element, like make it 2-d, but have the gameplay be really clever. Something like Braid I guess.

I ended up self-publishing the one, because it was so big, but I think with this one I'm going to try harder to get it traditionally published, because it's too much to try and do marketing and shit by myself.

I've been having some minor medical stuff do, and I also have pretty bad hypochondria, so I think that's contributing to these anxiety episodes.
>>
>>28435893

Yeah, the hypochondria is a bitch that exacerbates evreything. I have migraines, GERD, and muscular pain which cause enough suffering on their own but all my issues sometime combine in strange ways that make me paranoid something worse is going on. The anxiety about it exacerbates the physical symptoms (especially reflux), which of course feeds back into making the anxiety worse, and so on. Just realizing and focusing on that it's only an anxiety attack and I'm not actually dying has made them easier and easier to deal with.
>>
>>28434397
How's your diet? Activity level? Asses your life in a honest and non-judgmental way like a diagnostic. For me, the panic attacks and depression are warning signs that I'm out of sync. Are you treating yourself right?
>>
>>28434397
I used to have daily anxiety attacts, I visited the ER a few times too. What are the symptoms anon?
>>
if you're having an anxiety attack get the hell of of 4chan, go to youtube and watch a documentary or something. coming here is like going to taco bell to lose weight.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.