[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a schizophrenic man find love or am I dying alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: 1462335097931.png (570 KB, 601x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462335097931.png
570 KB, 601x1000
Can a schizophrenic man find love or am I dying alone?
>>
only if you can find me
I'm good at hiding
>>
Bipolar 1. I didn't. I doubt the odds are in your favor.
>>
I'm schizophrenic and girls like me
>>
>>28432974
Yeah, I'll bet they do until you throw them against a wall because you thought they were a demon or a government agent come to get you.
>>
>>28432974
this for me too but I just don't talk to them at all

and maybe you are looking in all the wrong places
>>
>>28432908

if i were a girl I wouldn't deal with your shit

but maybe i would
>>
>>28432974
How? Are you attractive? Everyone I've ever known ends up thinking I'm crazy, mentally fried, or a tweaker. I can't imagine pulling tail or getting a gf with this godforsaken disease.
>>
You are obviously not schizophrenic if you have to ask that question.

I hate kids that pretend to have meme disorders.
>>
>>28433064

dude isn't the word meme great
>>
im a schizo trap and i have a mommy gf
>>
>>28433078
Yeah, it describes things that have an unhealthy overabundance of popularity. For instance, the countless people now claiming to have a mental illness when they no idea what it's like to struggle with a real one.
>>
File: tumblr_nudx8i5vuG1ufsf99o1_1280.png (266 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nudx8i5vuG1ufsf99o1_1280.png
266 KB, 600x597
>>28433064
I wish you were right, but I was diagnosed long before I even really realised I had it myself.
>>
>>28433064
Schizophrenia is so stigmatized, I doubt people would pretend to have it for sympathy like they do "depression" or "social anxiety"
>>
>>28433167
This desu. Its a nice meme for yous on the internet, but irl, things like schizophrenia, psychopathy, sociopathy etc. are red flags, even for non-grills.
>>
>>28433124

yeah dude like my response was total drunkposting, but I actually am sincerely interested in the word meme and its modern application to society

like memes are actually shaping the real world in their own way, its fucking crazy
>>
>>28432908
Yeah, but if you're looking here, it'll probably be with another guy.
Fag.
>>
>>28433277
I want a girlfriend. I'm assuming schiz girls are probably dating normal men because they are women and can, so it looks like suicide is the answer
>>
File: Aybabtu.png (5 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Aybabtu.png
5 KB, 240x160
>>28433242
Meme has taken on a slightly different meaning I think than what it once was. Originally it pretty much just referred to the Internet phenomenon and its popularity. That sort of thing has died back a bit, yet people continue to use the word now to describe anything that is very popular, but for indiscernible reasons.
>>
File: based.jpg (13 KB, 258x289) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
13 KB, 258x289
>>28433304
Ehh not all. There are severely fucked up and still hot women out there.

Problem is, just like us fucked up and still hot man, they usually dont socialize or go out. So its literally up for chance.
>>
>>28433356
She doesn't need to be super hot, I'm ugly in my opinion so I'm probably doomed anyways.
>>
>>28433408
Hot or not, you still wont meet her.
>>
ITT: Schziods replying to themselves.
>>
>>28433353

well i don't mean to be a know it all, but it actually had application before the internet, meme at its simplest definition basically means a popular idea that permeates through a culture, so technically memes have existed since early human communication

religion is a meme, rituals or religions are memes, governments are memes, reality is a meme(debateably)
>>
>>28433454
The word has been around longer, but I never heard anyone say it before 2001.
>>
Schizophrenia has made me understand the motivations of school shooters.

When people started finding out I was schizophrenic and started spreading rumors, people started treating me like dirt. Even though I am stable and on meds people will either directly insult me, patronize me, or harass me to my face. Even all of my "friends" turned their back on me, all I have are my parents. From my experience, it's no wonder school shootings happen especially in the US.
>>
>>28433520
You need a new set of friends. I was best buds with a schizophrenic guy in high school, and we even had a Chad guy with a gf in our clique.
>>
>>28433504

Yeah that's fair, desu I wouldn't say it hit the mainstream until at least the mid 2000s I certainly didn't have any understanding of the world until about that time

But its interesting to think about, I look at /pol/ and meme magic, and at first it might sound ridiculous, but if you think about it, having mass amounts of people know a certain meme implies that when they are exposed to certain stimuli related to that meme they will think about that meme, perhaps even react a certain way

very powerful concept, I can't wait to see what sort of fucked up shit the future brings
>>
>>28433520
Dont judge em. They fear what they dont know, they fear what they think is bad, they fear what doesnt fit into things/patterns previously experienced. Dont blame them for being animals anon
>>
>>28432908
Daily reminder that if you were really schizophrenic you wouldn't know you're schizophrenic

>"A sane man questions his sanity, an insane man thinks he's perfectly sane.
>>
>>28433132
And you are replying and talking about it how? People who have it, even when medicated, honestly do not think they have it. They are busy talking to jesus, god, aliens and people in their heads and appearing beside them, they can not communicate a full sentence. It is not like smoking too much weed, which is the number one reason it is diagnosed.
>>
>>28433689
I agree, but smoking to much does get you REALLY psychotic. You dont notice it too, until you had quit for a time and realized what the fuck was going on in your head.
>>
>>28433753
Nah, acid will send a schizo to the psych ward, not weed.
>>
>>28433794
Will send anyone that isnt strong enough. So unforgiving on your consciusness.
>>
>>28433689
You don't know much about the disease clearly. When medicated all the symptoms you listed actually almost completely stop. The paranoid delusions, hallucinations, and manic behavior are "positive" symptoms because they add something. They are the number 1 thing antipsychotic meds treat.

I've been on meds for 2 years, I was hospitalized because I was convinced the church I was going to wad part of a government conspiracy to poison me so I confronted them and started screaming and trying to destroy property.

The "negative" symptoms are the actual awful part of the disease in my opinion. The loss of pleasure, inability to read social ques, avoliton and flat effect are things I can't fix with any kind of meds, and they destroy my life harder than delusions.

And not all schizophrenics are unable to have insight into their disease and communicate in sentences effectively, look up Elyn Saks, she is a schizophrenic lawyer who has done ted talks about the disease.
>>
>>28433689
did you know that schizophrenia isnt what you see in the movies at all?

you're a fucking dumb ass
>>
i think maybe you should just be as honest as possible with people, i feel like there is a lot of misconceptions about what schizophrenia is and how it effects each person. let them know whats up before they just think you're a weirdo with no reason for it
>>
>>28433520
Don't take insults, man. Even if you're a quiet or shy person, you should just openly tell them to fuck off. This is probably posturing on my part (I'd like to think not), but if we were friends I would seriously go off on someone if they tried to mess with you for shit like that
>>
>>28433906
Yeah, I think the negative symptoms are really only treatable with therapy and, the hard part, trying to improve by exercising the skills affected. I'm not diagnosed with anything, but I'm fairly certain I have SPD, and I have to force myself out of my place to try to interact with people. If I weren't in university, I'd probably be a recluse
>>
File: image.jpg (277 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277 KB, 1280x960
>>28432908
I don't know if I have autism, talk too much, talk too little, if I'm retarded or ugly, but I can't make a friend to save my fucking life. I can't do it right. Do I look weird, do I type like an asshole? I just want help, what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>28435379
It's probably just my OCD talking, but I really hate a sideways picture like that.
>>
>>28435379
You look sort of like my old roommate's little bro, and I think he did well with the ladies. This girl I was crushing on at the time kept making jokes asking my roommate to tell his brother to hit her up when he's 18

I can't assay any of the other stuff you brought up. Your typing is fine. I think maybe you just have low self-esteem. If you're trying to get laid or find a romantic partner, low self-esteem is usually a turn-off. The best advice I have is that confidence is something you can fake until it becomes real. The reason your average "Chad" is so confident is because he is literally too dumb to self-doubt, it's just not a consideration.

There are probably good resources on the internet for working on your self-esteem, /r9k/ is most certainly not one.
>>
>>28432908
if you are lucky enough to find a female that likes you do NOT under any circumstance tell her you're schizophrenic bc she will see you as crazy or some shit and drop your ass like a bag of rocks
>>
>>28435647
That's because you're trying to date a Stacy. The only way you get a woman is if she is mentally ill too or traumatized.
>>
>>28435765
Or if she's a rational human being who knows that a diagnosis of schizophrenia does not equate with "is going to stab you to death at night because the voices said so"
>>
>>28435379
You remind me of Alex Turner
>>
>>28435860
>woman
>rational being
Pick one.
>>
>>28432908
idk maybe you should ask john nash.
>>
Just want to say I feel for you dude. Get help and hang in there. Not easy shit.
>>
Schizophrenic Chad can but not us robots.

Pic related
>>
>>28435878
For a board with an originality-enforcing robot, you fuckers sure rehash a lot of the same material
>>
File: constanza.jpg (3 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
constanza.jpg
3 KB, 300x168
>>28436198
>thinking anything here is original
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>28436276
They need to fix the bot so that it just bans you after you post once
>>
>>28436317
Tried that. Didn't work. The robot is perfect as is.
>>
>>28432908
>schizophrenic
Implying you're ever alone.
>>
>>28436940
>implying outside of greentext
You are doing it wrong.
>>
>>28432908
Are you tall, aggressive and moderately attractive

The 6'2 chad with schizophrenia in my ward had his girlfriend in almost every day and flirted with the female nurses. He even got one of the nurses to give him a backrub

Being short and unnattractive is literally worse than schizophrenia. Fuck I hate tallfags so much
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.