[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /r9k/! I am a guy who really, really likes Silent Hil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 44
File: Pyramid Head Misty Day.png (739 KB, 871x593) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid Head Misty Day.png
739 KB, 871x593
Hello, /r9k/!
I am a guy who really, really likes Silent Hill, specifically I love SH2 and 3. I have started my own local archive working on making it more extensive than the wiki with some additions to the biographies/voice acting sections/trivia along with high res images from in game.

I really like to talk about the lore of these games, and the trivia, and I've made a few threads about it before. Some anons asked me to make a Let's Play where I play through the game and explain things as I go, so I have done just that. I put the for episode up a few days ago and am rendering the second one right now. Here is the link for anyone interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYb7qOgBVwY
>inb4 shill, these videos are not monetized in any way. I just want to share my love for the games. Sorry about my stupid voice.

Anyways, I'm a bit tired tonight to stick around for hours like I usually do, but I wanted to share the videos for those interested, and I'll be around for a couple hours if anyone wants to talk about Silent Hill, ask questions, learn trivia, or just hang out and chat.

Also to answer a common question, I make these threads on /r9k/ because /v/ is too fast, and gets filled with shitposts pretty quickly. This is my homeboard so I'm comfortable here.

I will post download links for all the games in my next post, all free and including the required fixes for widescreen/no cd.
>>
File: 1458514968324.gif (281 KB, 1469x535) Image search: [Google]
1458514968324.gif
281 KB, 1469x535
Here are the download links. I would post the PC guide but it is too high res, so the image is just emulator settings for SH1. SH1 is required playing for SH3, but SH4 and SH2 stand alone.

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

And in case someone's once again new to this PC gaming stuff: Use a program like PowerIso to mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
-Pete's OpenGL 1.78; (more options & better performance than 2.x version)
-Eternal's SPU Engine.
>>
>>28432787
I really, really like bananas
>>
File: Capture5.jpg (56 KB, 559x642) Image search: [Google]
Capture5.jpg
56 KB, 559x642
>>28432888
Sweet trips
I really, really, really like this post. It just cracked me up! Thanks for joining us tonight Bill.
>>
>>28432787
>Sorry about my stupid voice.
i think your voice is nice , kinda relaxing
>>28432888
have you ever had sir bananas banana milk?
>>
File: Mary And James At Lakeview.png (144 KB, 266x398) Image search: [Google]
Mary And James At Lakeview.png
144 KB, 266x398
>>28433043
Thank you very much. My voice is a lot more clear in episode 2, that was my first time recording with this new mic so I wasn't used to it.
>>
>>28433099
I'm away from my computer briefly so I don't any of my usual images, but I will tell you about this picture.

It's very rare- where it comes from no one really knows. Not the Book of Lost Memories, not the Lost Memories art DVD, all you can find really is the wiki where I got it from, but no source. Very Odd.
>>
I downloaded all the links a week or two ago and it says the archives are corrupt. I used jdownloader to get them from MEGA

rip the dream
>>
>>28433870
Damn, that sucks. It worked perfectly for me.
Maybe try clicking the right option on mega to download without using Megasync? If that doesn't work I will work on reupping them myself for the next thread. Sorry about that my friend!
>>
>>28432787
>lore play
>SH2

Awesome man
>>
File: Laura In Lakeview.png (517 KB, 581x717) Image search: [Google]
Laura In Lakeview.png
517 KB, 581x717
>>28434092
Thanks. Again, apologize for my annoying voice, I speak more clearly in Episode 2 which is uploading right now, because I got used to the mic positioning.

I edit in images of concept art, videos from SH3, references to movies and so on so you know what I'm talking about instead of just listening to me ramble.
>>
>>28434148
It's not annoying at all. I'm not even trying to be nice it really isn't bad to listen to. Keep it up.

I've beat SH2 like 5 times over the years and you're already sharing things that I never noticed, like the way James parked his car. I didn't know there was a specific reason for him parking like that.
>>
File: James Concept Model.png (52 KB, 288x319) Image search: [Google]
James Concept Model.png
52 KB, 288x319
>>28434379
I'll be revealing it later in the playthrough because I don't want to spoil things for people who are new to it, but because you've played it the common trend is that James makes odd decisions. He parks his car with no care for it getting towed or stolen, he sticks his hand in a disgusting hole for a key, he reaches in a dirty toilet bowl without even rolling up his sleeve for a wallet, he jumps down many seemingly bottomless holes without even checking how far they go with his flashlight first, he shoots at Pyramid Head from the closet for seemingly no reason, James makes these haphazard choices because he is suicidal. Some of these odd decisions that are voluntary will add to the chance of you getting the In Water ending because you are playing in a way that shows James just doesn't care much to live anymore. Also, in SH4, his dad Frank Sunderland has a habit of making odd decisions too: he keeps an umbilical cord he found for more than 30 years for no reason.

Also thank you very much for the kind words about my voice.
>>
>>28432787
I've never seen any of your threads before OP, but you have my interest. Keep up the good work buddy.
>>
File: Angela Manual.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Angela Manual.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>28434480
Also more than anything I wanted to draw attention to the car because it's revealed in the novelization, and also confirmed by Ito, that Mary's body is in the backseat/trunk of James's car

bumping for fun
>>
File: Angela Concept Model.jpg (110 KB, 881x627) Image search: [Google]
Angela Concept Model.jpg
110 KB, 881x627
>>28434715
I really do appreciate the kind words, it means a lot!
I highly recommend you grab those download links and play the games themselves. If you aren't interested in that, give my lore play a watch. I try to keep it low key, comfy and informative. At some point I will be playing SH3.
>>
>>28434717
I had no idea she was there until now.

Holy shit. This changes things for me.
>>
File: Mary Illness.jpg (141 KB, 948x591) Image search: [Google]
Mary Illness.jpg
141 KB, 948x591
>>28434781
Kek, it blew my mind as well. You can't actually see her in game, but Ito confirmed it was always in the devs' minds that she was in the car, and that James put her there and drove to Silent Hill from Ashfield immediately after he did you know what to her.
>>
File: Mary Con Air Picture.jpg (222 KB, 399x589) Image search: [Google]
Mary Con Air Picture.jpg
222 KB, 399x589
Bumping as I'm sure I will be awake a while longer if anyone has questions about anything or just wants to talk.

Here is my absolute favorite fun fact: Mary and Laura's outfits come from the movie Con Air.
>>
>>28435036
I've watched the first video, youve done a pretty nice job. I've never played any of the Silent Hill games, I just dont really like the gameplay, but I can appreciate the work put into the game, and you do a good job of explaining it.
>>
>>28434761
Yeah they're comfy vids. I already want to see more.
>>
File: James Shadowpuppet.jpg (62 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
James Shadowpuppet.jpg
62 KB, 1280x960
>>28435128
Thank you very much, your kind words mean a lot. The second episode is better in my opinion, the first is slow when getting into town and there isn't much to explain. Once I'm in town, I'm in the thick of it and have a lot of things to explain.
Thanks a lot once again.
>>
File: Mary And James In Hunger.jpg (153 KB, 720x367) Image search: [Google]
Mary And James In Hunger.jpg
153 KB, 720x367
>>28435160
Well that's flattering, thank you, glad what I am close to what I was aiming for. Episode 2 is up now, and I'll be recording a few more tomorrow, might have one up by the end of the day.
>>
>that deathmatch against Lying Figures in episode 2
>die you son of a bitch
I skipped to a random part in your second video because you said it sounds better and I already love it.
>>
File: Angela Concept Art 2.png (178 KB, 450x342) Image search: [Google]
Angela Concept Art 2.png
178 KB, 450x342
>>28435287
Thanks very much, I'm glad you like it.
You guys are all very nice.
>>
>>28432787

Liked, subscribed, watched, favorited, shared, facebooked, twittered, called the police, the firemen, tocuhed myself, broke the computer, fixed it famalama ding dong

I fucking l o v e Silent hill 2
>>
File: Rachel Painting.jpg (20 KB, 203x253) Image search: [Google]
Rachel Painting.jpg
20 KB, 203x253
>>28435326
Pretty severe 2bh but thank you I kek'd. I'll have more parts up very quickly, probably the next one by tomorrow. Going to aim for one a day I think until completion.

I fucking love it, too.

By the way I just got an email saying that Konami detected that the video has their content, so there may be ads for those who don't use adblock, but it goes only to Konami, I get nothing. Sorry about that, but nothing I can do.
>>
First time actually opening one of your threads, OP. I've been seeing them in the catalog for a while--I'm excited to check out your LP, I love Silent Hill 2 and 3 and this will finally give me the push to finish Silent Hill.

Keep it up, I'll be around, hopefully.
>>
>>28435402

I don't give a shit, I'll watch your stuff anyways. That's how much I fucking love silent hill 2. A lot of people have analized silent hill already, perhaps you could contribute a bit of wisdom on "how to make anything even remotely close" to this masterpiece of a game.

Just HOW do you make such a game, and will we ever see anything like it? It doesn't even have to be horror. Just a game with so much SOUL and spirit. A game with so many layers, so rich
>>
File: Angela Concept Art 3.png (180 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
Angela Concept Art 3.png
180 KB, 460x600
>>28435459
Thank you very much, I really, really do mean that. I hope you enjoy, and definitely finish SH it's incredible. It can be a trudge to a new player, but 2 and 3 are far more polished if that's any motivation.
>>
>>28435503

By that I don't mean actual gamemaking, just talking on how the gaming industry seems to not be able to pump out something so fucking good. What did the japanese do to make such wonderful vidya?
>>
>>28435503
I fucking love it as well, glad to see someone else shares a passion.

As for "how do you make anything remotely close to this perfect"? You just have to get lucky. You really, really do. You need a team of devs where literally every single one LOVES the game and is adding detail after detail to everything they do. My videos will be detailed because I want to show you how deep the lore goes. There are literally explanations for why Eddie's later cutscene where he is fooling around with the gun changes between in engine and FMV at multiple angles numerous times.

I don't think we'll ever seen anything like it. The attention to detail is too great. Even this: notice that in the beginning of Born From A Wish, the towel in Maria's sink is the same design as Mary's dress.

SH3 is in my opinion the only game that rivals it when it comes to soul and layers. It's so dense. Every single room has so much going on. I can't wait until the hospital where I can explain why the Otherworld looks how it does.

I don't think we'll ever see anything this detailed and rich again, no.
>>28435532
They work 6 hours a week with long hours, and it takes a lot to be a successful dev in Japan. I'm pretty sure the reason they more consistently pump out good games is because you REALLY have to care about games to become a dev in Japan. At least, you did before pachislot.
>>
File: Laura And Eddie.png (236 KB, 618x378) Image search: [Google]
Laura And Eddie.png
236 KB, 618x378
>>28435650
6 hours kek I meant 6 days a week, my bad.

Here's an image from the intro that isn't in the actual game. Some have speculated this implies that Laura came to town with Eddie. I'm not sure personally.
>>
>>28435650

Fuck, you're right. I never noticed that in my playthroughs. Yep. say what you will about the japs but them suckas know how to create, twist and define unnerving stuff. I loved the interviews with the developers where they said how can we shake a human's heart, deeply? Sex and death, bla bla bla

Also I share your opinion of Tom "fuck my shit up" Hulett. So, yeah. I will also wait for any videos where you discuss any stuff related to P.T. / silent hills. I was skeptic, but really enjoyed the short ride.
>>
File: Angela Face.png (259 KB, 618x630) Image search: [Google]
Angela Face.png
259 KB, 618x630
>>28435761
They definitely do. Yeah those are great, and the Making Of video is excellent.
I'll get around to my opinion on PT eventually, I still have it on my PS4 so I could find a way to capture the video and play it through, I know quite a bit about that one too being it's sort of an SH game. I really enjoyed it, too. I have a few minor gripes, but still I think it was excellent for what it was.
>>
>>28435650
>SH3 is in my opinion the only game that rivals it

wow, that excites me. i don't know shit about SH3 t b h

i know a little of the lore around 1 and 2 because i've replayed them a lot, but i definitely forgot a lot over the past 15 years. your videos are enjoyable and i'm learning a lot.

and to be honest i've never finished SH4 (i played it when it was released and got sidetracked somehow) so I am looking forward to downloading it
>>
>>28435816
You kind of need to know the story of 1 before you play 3, but it's hotly contested by a lot of people whether 2 or 3 is better. I think 3 is scarier but 2 is better overall. I still love 3 almost as much and have played it many, many times as well. I can't wait to play it because the enemy design symbolism is just as interesting as in SH2.

Thank you friend.

I hope you enjoy SH4- it frustrates me in that the second half is a shortened repeat of the first, but it's still worth playing without a doubt. It has some odd design choices i.e. Patients belch for no reason, because Yamaoka did music but didn't direct sound like he did for 1, 2, and 3. But still, a classic.
>>
Silent Hill has always interested me. I love these threads OP keep em coming! Discussing Silent Hill is pretty awesome.
>>
>>28434480
Is that a sign of suicidal people? I do a lot of things haphazardly, like put bleach in the fridge or just forget why I stepped in a room. Also, you have a good voice, just don't make it so ASMR, it's naturally relaxing.
>>
File: Maria's Medicine Bottle.png (60 KB, 304x401) Image search: [Google]
Maria's Medicine Bottle.png
60 KB, 304x401
>>28435941
Thanks friend, I sure love them too. You guys are always very nice and I appreciate that.
Here's Maria's medicine bottle- notice it says White on it, possibly as in White Claudia/PTV, the same drug that the cult uses and that Lisa Garland is addicted to.
>>
you're one of my favorite anons op
i think what you're doing is really cool and i'm glad you've found something you feel so passionate about
>>
File: Maria Save Menu.png (440 KB, 710x600) Image search: [Google]
Maria Save Menu.png
440 KB, 710x600
>>28435992
>put bleach in the fridge
If you're keeping it cool for later yeah it's probably a sign of suicidal ideation. But thank you very much, I appreciate it. I feared my biggest crutch would be my voice but knowing you guys don't mind helps.
Also in the second video I started moving away from the mic, but I did record both episodes in one go so I didn't get used to it completely. It's been a couple days now and I think I've gotten used to how my mic works, further videos won't be nearly as ASMR. I was practically touching the mic.
>>
File: Lying Figure Death By Skewering.jpg (154 KB, 510x422) Image search: [Google]
Lying Figure Death By Skewering.jpg
154 KB, 510x422
>>28436036
Like I said, you anons are always so nice. I really do appreciate that, and I'm glad you can see my passion. You are why I don't just give up on making these threads/talking about Silent Hill.

Here's an odd picture from the SHHS later on in the game.
>>
>>28436001
By the way OP, how do you feel about P.T.? It was supposed to be a new silent hill game that Kojima pulled off on. The P.T. demo was quite scary in my opinion and I kinda wish he went through with it.
>>
File: Lying Figures In Pool.png (750 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Lying Figures In Pool.png
750 KB, 1360x768
>>28436114
I love PT, I really do. It doesn't capture quite the same atmosphere as the original SH games because it's more forwardly and openly a scary game, but it's still fantastic for what it is, the graphics are incredible, the voice acting and "turn around" stuff was out of my nightmares, excellent stuff. I would also love to see Kojima take a stab as Silent Hill.

What I don't like is that Norman Reedus was the main character. Nothing against him, I just like the fact that James is a nobody, that Heather is a nobody, that everybody in SH are unremarkable, realistic human beings as opposed to charismatic movie stars. It's like how Troy Baker replaced Guy Cihi in the HD Collection- he's not a bad voice actor at all, but he's so recognizable it ruins the immersion a bit, much like I think Reedus's face would have. Also, while I adore MGS, Kojima's strong suit was never, ever subtly. Interesting writing, innovative technology, great music and gameplay, quirky shit, but never subtly. That bothers me a bit because of the fact that if I had to choose one word that describes why SH2 is different from any other video game, it would be "subtly".

All that said, I'm still very disappointed it's been cancelled, and I would have loved to have played it.
>>
>>28436249
If you haven't finished the series already, when you get to the hospital, please look around for a nurse who looks like the fukuro woman in SH3. I was watching a let's play and I swore one nurse did not have the same color scheme as the others.
>>
File: James.jpg (826 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
James.jpg
826 KB, 2000x1333
There will never be another videogame capable of producing so many iconic moments. This and Angela's knife scene are r i d i c u l o u s
>>
>>28436300
The nurse from Fukuro is seen in SH3 while you're climbing the ladder, but not in SH2. You are right to notice that some nurses have a different color scheme though- there are both normal bubble head nurses, and other works nurses. I would post pictures but my internet is out so once again phone posting, sorry.
>>28436369
I agree. Don't forget the burning staircase.
>>
>>28435899
i fugging love yamoka's music man. one of my hobbies is transcribing vidya music, and his music is some of my favorite to copy down and recreate.

like here is a note transcription of True from sh2 I made: http://onlinesequencer.net/254035

and here is the same transcription through my synths: https://clyp.it/i3irhitp

tons of fun
>>
>>28436557
Holy shit that's awesome!
As you may have guessed I'm a huge Yamaoka fan too. I actually picked up guitar to learn SH2 music. But that's dead on man, one of favorite songs too. Great work and cool hobby!
>>
>>28436509
> there are both normal bubble head nurses, and other works nurses
otherworld nurse? do you know where I'd be able to find a rare pic?

Also, if you haven't noticed. Angela's has some very shifty eyes in the cutscenes. She's usually looking off or away from James when she speaks. I think inability to maintain eye contact as well constantly surveying surroundings is a trait she shares with abused dogs. Has anyone ever caught this?
>>
File: Silent-Hill-2-large-177.jpg (76 KB, 1100x618) Image search: [Google]
Silent-Hill-2-large-177.jpg
76 KB, 1100x618
>>28436674
Yep Other world Nurses, they appear after you fight Flesh Lips. Here is a picture. They are much darker and dirtier textured than the regular bubble head nurse.
I hadn't noticed that, that's really interesting. I will make sure to mention that in one of videos, thank you very much. No one I know of has ever pointed that out either.
>>
File: Nurse Otherworld Closeup.png (342 KB, 475x565) Image search: [Google]
Nurse Otherworld Closeup.png
342 KB, 475x565
>>28436674
My internet came back so here'a picture from my archive.
>>
File: Nurse Render.png (247 KB, 367x787) Image search: [Google]
Nurse Render.png
247 KB, 367x787
>>28436912
Compared to the regular Bubble Head Nurse.
>>
>>28436595
i like your voice dude it's very relaxing
>>
File: Jack's Inn Billboard.png (1 MB, 1052x1032) Image search: [Google]
Jack's Inn Billboard.png
1 MB, 1052x1032
>>28437072
D'aww thank you very much. I was/am pretty self conscious about my voice so I really am glad to hear you guys think it's okay.
>>
>>28436912
>>28436927
Thanks, I thought I was seeing things.

As for Angela, I can't find any HD scenes on YT to verify, but I'm thinking the scene when you first meet angela and again when she hands you the knife, you can see it, only when she isn't being defensive/rude. I tried watching James's eyes to compare, but he looks pretty straight faced. I'd need to see it in HD though.
>>
>that feel when you sit there listening to white noize and the day of night for straight up 6 hours

I could get lost into silent hill 2 and never return, and I would be happy. I could literally melt into its soundtrack
>>
File: Brookhaven Director.png (292 KB, 496x527) Image search: [Google]
Brookhaven Director.png
292 KB, 496x527
>>28437129
I just watched the first Angela cutscene in game to be sure, and you're definitely right. Even when she looks at James and goes, "Lost?", she averts her eyes slightly twice.
Really great catch anon. Plus then most of her interaction is facing away from James, or nervously looking towards, then away quickly. This is a good find, good job anon.
>>28437181
White Noiz is a personal favorite, also the in game version of Black Fairy, as well as Magdalene. I think Magdalene might be my absolute favorite because it captures an emptiness more perfectly than any other piece of music I've heard.

Also I love that when you start the game, there is a "whooooshhhh" sound that carries over and transitions perfectly into White Noiz.
>>
File: Brookhaven 1880.jpg (76 KB, 529x393) Image search: [Google]
Brookhaven 1880.jpg
76 KB, 529x393
>>28437243
>>28437129
By the way, it's not that far fetched being that Sato personally did every single one of the facial animations by himself. They mocapped the movements of the bodies and so on, but the actual facial animations are 100% Sato.
>>
>>28437243

Yeah, Magdalene is an instant fan favorite. I'm curious, have you ever expressed your passion for this game to relatives / known people? Would it make us look creepy or just passionate for a videogame?

Are silent hill fans more prone to mental illness?
>>
File: Blue Creek Interior Render.png (120 KB, 510x378) Image search: [Google]
Blue Creek Interior Render.png
120 KB, 510x378
>>28437275
>I'm curious, have you ever expressed your passion for this game to relatives / known people?
My brother, and my only friend both know I like the game quite a bit, but no one knows the extent of it really. They know I speedrun SH2 and SH3 and they think that it's insane to know games backwards and forwards like that.
I think it depends how you portray it. If you just say you really like it, it's fine, but if you tell someone you are working on archiving all the information you can find about the game, they'll probably think you're creepy.

Also maybe. I have been diagnosed with severe Bipolar Disorder, so who knows?
>>
Are the Silent Hill maps consistent?
>>
I am interested in the lore and want to play those games for the storyline. Where is a good place to start?
>>
>>28437340
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by that?
>>
File: SH3 Texture 4.jpg (50 KB, 494x354) Image search: [Google]
SH3 Texture 4.jpg
50 KB, 494x354
>>28437349
>I am interested in the lore and want to play those games for the storyline. Where is a good place to start?
Either:
>start with 1, then play 3
or
>start with 2, then play 1, then play 3
Once you finish them, read SilentHillMemories or the Silent Hill Wiki in order to understand the game better, and get the deeper bits of lore that you may have not picked up on throughout the game.
>>
>>28437319

I just said that because I personally think people who have experienced a lot of mental pressure / mental pain will be able to relate and appreciate just how rich and deep this game is.

In my eyes, collecting so much information and just living and breathing the game is a sign of gratitude and appreciation. But I don't think outsiders could understand why I listen to "resting comfortably" or a world of madness for hours on end
>>
>>28437275
not op, but i literally drove 8 hours to go see yamaoka's concert at some autistic anime con in northern california

everyone around me knew and i didn't care. he signed my copy of the SH2 soundtrack and i couldn't stop telling everyone how it literally made my year. here is the concert in full if you're curious. it had like 100 people in the audience at the most, which blew my mind. like no one knew about this concert because the anime con was poorly advertised and such

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WWdrqytcd4

it sucks the sound isn't that great in this video though.
>>
>>28437354
Is the map for the town consistent in every game?
>>
>>28437395
What about stuff after 3?
>>
File: Eddie Concept Model.jpg (81 KB, 456x341) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Concept Model.jpg
81 KB, 456x341
>>28437400
I agree with that sentiment. SH2's atmosphere, more than scary, is hopeless, bleak, and depressing. I certainly know that the music in this game expresses some of my past pain better than I ever could.

Same, that's why I do it, it's a sign of gratitude and appreciation, it's also why I am trying to share it with you guys. Kek, yeah that's a good point, good taste in the music man.
>>
>>28437243
> This is a good find, good job anon.
You mean I contributed to deep lore? Shit, what an awesome birthday present. Thanks, SH-bro.
>>
File: YourCellPIXLR.jpg (478 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
YourCellPIXLR.jpg
478 KB, 1280x1024
>>28437450

Forget about my taste, this thread is all about you. You're doing the work out there phamilia. You're giving a voice to every quiet, shy SH-loving robot out there, and we are geeking out with your vids.

Much love.
>>
File: Mary In Boat.jpg (39 KB, 532x719) Image search: [Google]
Mary In Boat.jpg
39 KB, 532x719
>>28437414
That's really cool, you are a great fan man.
>>28437421
Oh I see, sorry. In SH1 the map is different from SH2 because SH2 actually takes place in a different section of Silent Hill called South Vale. It's in the Southern section of Toluca Lake, whereas the SH1 sections is on the East side/North East. However, the same map from SH1 is used in SH Origins, and SH Homecoming when you do leave to to Silent Hill in that game (you spend a lot of it in a shitty closeby town called Shepherd's Glen). SH2's South Vale reappears in SH3 when Heather and Douglas go to Silent Hill, and the map is the same, although you're only in one small section of it. You can revisit many locations from SH2, but can only enter Brookhaven Hospital, Heaven's Night, and Jack's Inn (although you don't enter that in SH2).

So yes, they are consistent except shitty Homecoming messed up the geography a bit with it's shitty placement of Shepherd's Glen approximately where the South Vale portion of Silent Hill is supposed to be. Besides that though, yes.
>>28437438
Play 4 if you like 1, 2, and 3, play Origins if you really want more of 1/2/3/4 because it is pretty decent, and then definitely play Shattered Memories whenever you want, as long as you've played 1 already. It's a great reimagining.
>>
>>28437459
You definitely did, good job anon, and happy birthday! I will make sure to immortalize your observation and give you credit in my next video when I encounter Angela.
>>28437537
You flatter me man, we all love Silent Hill, I just have time on my hands.

Much love to you as well, you are very kind and I appreciate it wholeheartedly.
>>
File: 1457642271490.jpg (37 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1457642271490.jpg
37 KB, 500x366
I'm going through a particularly hard time in my life right now and I can't tell you how much these threads help me forget about all of that by getting me lost in SH2. Thank you for this.
>>
why do the first 3 games, esp. the first and third, make me feel so horrible and frightened? I don't get anything at all like that feeling from any other horror game or movie
>>
File: SH3 Mary Reference.png (191 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
SH3 Mary Reference.png
191 KB, 640x480
>>28437599
I'm sorry you're at tough time, but you will pull through without a doubt. When I was at my lowest point, SH2 resonated with me the most in terms of themes and atmosphere. Maybe give it a replay? I really, really do wish you the best though and I hope things resolve themselves soon. They always have a way of doing that.
>>
File: Mandarin Pachislot.png (67 KB, 574x296) Image search: [Google]
Mandarin Pachislot.png
67 KB, 574x296
>>28437611
It's part of why they are famous. I know what you mean, too. 2 disturbs and disgusts me but 1 and 3 genuinely terrify and frighten me. Everything is designed around your immersion and connection to the player character, every little detail, even if it's only subconsciously, is registering in your mind as "run run run run run". It's not meant to make you jump, or startle you besides a couple moments, it's meant to make you feel like you need a break.
>>
File: 1456535599090.png (93 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
1456535599090.png
93 KB, 500x435
>watching OP's video
>see his game results when he gets to the first save point
>one of them is 56 minutes
>related videos:
>AGDQ Speedrun of Silent Hill 2: 1 hour and 2 minutes

We're dealing with a pro here.

Never give this up you crazy bastard.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (72 KB, 1413x889) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
72 KB, 1413x889
>>28437736
Kek'd, thanks anon, I won't give it up. After I finish my lore play I plan to upload a few speedruns, hope to beat my personal best.
>>
do you think the sickly, consistent facial appearance the characters share in the original trilogy was intentional or the result of rendering limitations?
>>
>>28437643
Wow, thanks for that--your kind words really make me feel better about a lot of things.

I will give it a replay, since you mentioned it. SH2 has a way of making me confront difficult subjects in my life, especially through its use of themes and atmosphere as you mentioned. Again, thank you for replying and making me feel a bit better. I'll be thinking about that when I replay SH2.
>>
File: SH3 OC 1.jpg (39 KB, 571x619) Image search: [Google]
SH3 OC 1.jpg
39 KB, 571x619
>>28437900
I get what you mean in that Angela and James look a little bit sick in some cutscenes, but because the FMVs show them looking much more normal and healthy, I would guess it's some sort of early limitation on the models. This is further supported by the fact that Heather, Douglas, and Vincent all look healthy and normal as well, except Heather looks to some like a crack addict, which I get but I think it makes her look cuter.
>>28437904
No worries at all, I really genuinely wish you the best and I hope you show up in the next thread I make and let me know how things are. It will be a few days at least, so I'm sure at least some things will have time to solve themselves.
>>
File: 4.jpg (593 KB, 1648x1244) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
593 KB, 1648x1244
>>28437962
>further supported
shoot, I didn't finish what I meant to say. Further supported by the fact that in SH3, a later game with less limitations, the characters look less sickly and more normal.

Anyways, if you have been in my previous threads you know that I maintain a rigorous sleep schedule of "stay awake for 40 hours then sleep for 18", so I'm getting pretty sleepy. I am going to get something to eat. After that, I'll check the thread one more time to answer any questions that get posted, but after that it's time for me to sleep.
>>
>>28437592
> I will make sure to immortalize your observation
I love you, keep doing you and making SH lore-plays! <3
>>
Who is the evilest Silent Hill character?
>>
>>28432787
Nice, as a non native English speaker i usually struggle understanding English voice but your is fine
>>
I feel like this is the beginning of an ARG..
>>
>>28438248
I love ya too, see ya soon friend.
>>28438279
Dahlia by far.
>>28438438
Thank you, I'm glad to hear it.
>>28438479
I've been doing this for months anon, definitely no ARG here!

Anyways I'm off to bed. Thanks all for another fun thread. I'll be back in a few days
>>
>>28438606
DAMN YOU, I JUST SAW THIS THREAD I WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU FINISHED D!
>>
File: Angela Against Door.png (655 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
Angela Against Door.png
655 KB, 1152x864
>>28438630
Wait anon I'm still here, final check before bed.

I did, and it was fantastic! The puzzles were an obvious influence on both RE and SH. Like, RE's puzzles directly rip off a few. That fucking creepy goo/mirror/man always going "Laura! Laura!". It was just fantastic. Thank you for the recommendation. I plan to play the sequel very soon.

Alright, goodnight again boys!

You're all great!
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.