[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those of you on anti depressants, Are they worth it? Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: better than suffering.jpg (45 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
better than suffering.jpg
45 KB, 540x429
For those of you on anti depressants,

Are they worth it? Do they actually make you feel better? My depression has gotten so fucking bad in the last few months, this is really the first time in my life ive had legitimate suicidal thoughts.

Id like to look into anti depressants, but I really dont want to become some emotionless zombie who is unable to feel anything at all. I just want to stop hating myself and my life
>>
>>28430542
They just ended up numbing me. My real bad episodes were made less intense but happiness was also dulled down.

They won't make you happy. At best they'll make you neutral.
>>
>>28430585
fuck

Originalllxxx
>>
I like how the SSRIs kill your libido. Helps me not going crazy.
>>
File: 1462157087571.png (34 KB, 470x512) Image search: [Google]
1462157087571.png
34 KB, 470x512
>>28430542
They don't do shit desu senpai. They fuck you up. I'm on three different psych meds and I hate it. Don't do it.
>>
>>28430542
Smoke weed.

If you havent tried it try it right now. It probably isn't 100% safe/healthy but its way better for you that any antidepressant pills you're going to get. Those things are poison and will kill your soul.
>>
>>28430979
I used to smoke weed every single day. Did that for a good 4 or 5 years straight. Then it started to give me heavy anxiety. Im on a pretty long break right now, havent smoked that regularly in over a year. Also im having trouble finding it because I dont talk to anybody
>>
>>28430542
took zoloft for a while

felt a bit more numb, which didn't help cause i was already numb so i stopped
>>
File: pepeENOUGH!.jpg (4 KB, 252x161) Image search: [Google]
pepeENOUGH!.jpg
4 KB, 252x161
>tfw you're autistic and your brain is objectively structured differently

>tfw SSRIs and anti-psychotics have almost no effect on you, aside from a few negative side effects

>tfw your autism specializing psychologist and psychiatrist said you should never be put on anti-depressants

>tfw i wasted years on those stupid fucking pills and cooked my brain for no reason
>>
>>28430542
SSRIs are worth it.
>>
Depends, respond to my test first friend

Do you sleep at all?
Do you sleep good or not?
Do you sleep better at day/afternoon than nights?
Do you move your leg or have invasive toughts at night?
Do you get lost day dreaming? like creating whole worlds while you walk or smile and laugh from the events of your imaginary?
The depresion is caused or uncaused?
If caused, what triggers it? It's something beyond your means to change it?
If not caused, what kind of toughts you have inbetween the depresion feelings and the suicide feelings?

You can't take the pills and instantly feel better, you have to understand and catalog the events in your mind to have an action plan and follow it, pills just give you enough willpower to not drown yourself in your own depression.
>>
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201106/magnesium-and-the-brain-the-original-chill-pill
>>
>>28430979

Weed just adds a different chemical to your brain than pills, why is it inherently better for everyone?

When I smoke weed I end up depressed as fuck and it doesn't help me
>>
they've never actually been proven to work.

doctors are hesitant to admit now, but its slowly coming out how useless SSRIs are.

SSRIs are no different to any other drug. they release a certain chemical/s in your brain and after prolonged use, the receptors for those chemicals get burned out or stop producing the chemical on their own.

no different than meth or any other drug in that sense.

also they've never actually been able to prove/link serotonin deficiency with depression.

anyone whos been taking SSRIs in the past 50-60 years has essentially been a guinea pig.
>>
>>28431372

also similar to steroids.

steroids artificially raise your testosterone levels but your body knows when there's too much of something, so it shuts down its own natural production. that's why so many roid uses have shrunken balls. their balls shrink because their body shuts down T productions due to the fact your flooding your body with test. from an outside source.

same with meth. meth releases dopamine, you feel amazing, then after prolonged use your dopamine receptors burn and when you quit the meth, you can never reach your old levels again.

nature can be a harsh bitch sometimes
>>
>>28430542
I've had a very positive experience taking anti depressants.

They didn't make me a zombie, they just killed my irrational negative thoughts and made me feel more like a normal person. I had pretty much no negative effects at all. There's really no harm and trying them out and seeing how they affect you. Won't solve all your problems but will generally make you feel way better about yourself and your life, which is the first step towards becoming happy.
>>
>>28431434
>There's really no harm and trying them out and seeing how they affect you

No one take this seriously. They can harm you and fuck you up permenatly.

Stay away from drugs like zoloft, risperdone and paroxetine. Those are the ones that are causing mass law suits for brain damage and yes, some SSRIs and (most) anti-psychotics cause some form of brain damage.
>>
Why do doctors refuse to prescribe benzos. And insist you take ssri's?

Do those pharna companies pay them
>>
>>28431271
this shit doesn't work
>>
File: 1456374335864.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1683) Image search: [Google]
1456374335864.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1683
>>28431268
Not him, but I'll respond. I think I might have some kind of depression, but I'm not sure.

>Do you sleep at all?
Yes

>Do you sleep good or not?
No

>Do you sleep better at day/afternoon than nights?
No, I usually don't fall asleep until 1-2 AM. I definitely like nights/evenings better.

>Do you move your leg or have invasive thoughts at night?
I usually have weird dreams. Last night I dreamed I was in my bed, trying to escape from another dream. When I escaped from this dream, I woke up and began to walk around. I started to notice that things about my room were out of place/missing. Then I realized I was still dreaming. I panicked and woke up.

I'm not sure if these strange dreams count as invasive thoughts.

>Do you get lost day dreaming?
All the time. I have a few really elaborate worlds built up in my head that I think about a lot. I also just like to think about things in general. Stuff from the books I read, stuff I build, etc.

>The depression is caused or uncaused?

Not sure what this means. By caused do you mean triggered by a certain thought or event? If so, no. I'm just kind of always down.

The best way I can describe it is most people feel neutral or mostly happy. This is kind of their "resting state". Day to day, they feel okay. They have periods of sadness, but they eventually get out of that rut.

I'm exactly the opposite. My day to day "resting state" is sadness, but I have periods of neutrality, and sometimes even happiness. These periods eventually end, and I go back to being sad.
>>
Was on Lexapro for a month and never noticed a single thing good or bad. Didn't even bother going back for a follow up because it was so annoying wasting all that time hoping for a change.
>>
>>28430542
They don't do shit
They just made my jaw shake like a speed addict and made my orgasms feel weird
>>
>>28430542
I tried taking anti-depressants (Trintellix) for few weeks, but all they did was made me feel nauseous, more depressed and angry.

Don't do it mang
>>
>>28431622
>My day to day "resting state" is sadness, but i have periods of neutrality, and sometimes even happiness. These periods eventually end, and I go back to being said.

Man thats the exact same as me, holy shit.
>>
Is chronic depression a thing? I have had consistent suicidal thoughts ongoing for roughly 6 or 7 years as well as a general loss of interest in everything. I do not enjoy interacting with other people at all and I spend most of my time by myself on the computer as it takes my mind off of things. I have never really felt compelled to visit a psychiatrist despite getting a referral from my doctor since I have been managing to get by in school the whole time. A lot of the time I wonder if I am just delusional and not actually depressed. I am also paranoid a lot of the time but I don't think it affects my life enough to justify going to a doctor.
>>
>>28431268
>Do you sleep at all?
Somewhat 4-5 hours a night
>Do you sleep good or not?
If i take melatonin prior to going to bed
>Do you sleep better at day/afternoon than nights?
No
>Do you move your leg or have invasive toughts at night?
Legs will sometimes twitch uncontrollably, happens very rarely. Invasive thoughts are extremely common
>Do you get lost day dreaming? like creating whole worlds while you walk or smile and laugh from the events of your imaginary?
Yes often
>The depresion is caused or uncaused?
I want to say its caused because its not like im depressed about nothing
>If caused, what triggers it? It's something beyond your means to change it?
I moved away from home and I have soul crushing loneliness, I feel like im extremely stagnant in life right now. One of these I can change. Im going to be lonely until I finish school next fall and can go back home.
>If not caused, what kind of toughts you have inbetween the depresion feelings and the suicide feelings?
In between bouts of depression I feel pretty normal, just really calm and accepting of everything in life. Other times im incredibly euphoric and willing to do just about anything to get my goals accomplished, then inevitably im struck with depression again, and its fucking terrible after having just felt like I was on top of the world the previous day.

Ive given thought to the idea that I may be bipolar, but the mood swings dont happen insanely often, but they certainly do happen
>>
>>28431622

Hmm can you function as normies in real life?
Do you work or study? in what and what?
Age?
Are you sedentary or active?
If Sedentary will you be up for doing things like running or going to a gym, etc.?
Do you have vivid as fuck dreams all the time?
Do you feel rested when you wake up?
How many hours do you sleep?
At what time do you wake up?
Have you tried to sleep earlier but you cannot as in sooner or later you will be back to your "normal" sleep patterns ?
>>
>>28431622

>The best way I can describe it is most people feel neutral or mostly happy.

I'm pretty sure most people's resting state is either a light existential dread and anxiety.
>>
>>28431927
>Ive given thought to the idea that I may be bipolar, but the mood swings dont happen insanely often, but they certainly do happen

No friend, don't worry. It's not likely you are crazy.
Are you OP?
Have you visited a Psychologist while you are away from home?

For what im getting from your post, you have ups and downs wich is common when you have high energy but thoughts suppress that energy and once you have done with them, then you can do things.
It doesn't sound like something you can work out by doing "something", i might get worse in the times you inevitably have to do "nothing" (Resting) Making your insomnia worse. So you need something that keeps you in a neutral-ish mood

In my opinion, you should take the least side effect harmfull drug (stay away from drugs that make you addict), so no prozac or benzos. You need to take a mild and not addictive antidepressant (like trazodone, i always recommend it because i think it's really cheap and easy to get in the US) and go to the Psychologist to change your thought structure.

You will take it for 6 weeks and after the first week reduce your daily melatonin intake (im asumming it's 1mg) to 0,5

Always consult a shrink for drugs, do not take things that make you addict.
They always offer more than you need
>>
>>28431949
>Hmm can you function as normies in real life?
Not really. I don't have any real friends, I'm quiet, and I'm not charismatic or funny to most people. I don't share common interests with a lot of people either. I do well in work though, mostly because there's only 2 other guys in my dept and we've been together for a while, so we bitch about the same old work shit.

>Do you work or study? in what and what?
I work as an industrial electrician. I wire control panels and end-of-arm tools for assembly robots.

>Age?

>Are you sedentary or active?
I like to hike, and I'm on my feet all day at work, so I guess I get light activity. I'm not really fat or skinny. 6' 0" 187 lbs. I'm not really looking to be /fit/ though.

>Do you have vivid as fuck dreams all the time?
Yes. Every other night, I'd say.

>Do you feel rested when you wake up?
Almost never

>How many hours do you sleep?
5-6

>At what time do you wake up?
7:00

>Have you tried to sleep earlier but you cannot as in sooner or later you will be back to your "normal" sleep patterns ?
Yeah, I've tried this a few times. For some reason the dreams got considerably worse, so I got scared and went back to my normal pattern.

Thanks for responding.
>>
>>28432288
The theme in your dreams is always the same?
So i take that your sleep pattern is some kind decision?
You don't feel sleepy before 1-2am?
Do you take high sugar intakes at night? Like orange Juice or a lot of milk?

After your reply i will tell you who you should ask about this, and i don't think you should try antidepressants yet
>>
File: 1447396324967.jpg (144 KB, 1100x599) Image search: [Google]
1447396324967.jpg
144 KB, 1100x599
>>28430542
There's a balance between zombie and just taking the edge off

Talk to your doctor about your options and what strength you think you need. Please don't go into zombie mode. My uncle had a mental breakdown out of nowhere, was made a zombie in the mental ward, and was too afraid to ease his dosage because he didn't want to feel suicidal again.

He just sits at the table during holidays like a statue. Not sad or tired, just sitting there neutral. When my sister had to go to the mental ward over night they gave her a weak dose just so she can stop flipping a shit.

>mfw feeling ashamed as the paramedics take her away on the stretcher hyperventilating and crying over nothing
>>
You will become an unmotivated emotionless zombie and it will be hell breaking the physical dependence on them. I have lived it. Take them at your own peril.
>>
>>28432483
>The theme in your dreams is always the same?
Yeah. I'm usually navigating through some vivid complicated environment, escaping from something, or standing in a wide open space.

>So i take that your sleep pattern is some kind decision?
I guess. Waking up at 7:00, I have some time in the morning, and I can get to work a bit early.

>You don't feel sleepy before 1-2am?
Not unless it's been a tiring day. Whenever I try to go to bed early, I just get left alone with my thoughts and that makes me restless.

>Do you take high sugar intakes at night? Like orange Juice or a lot of milk?
No, I only drink ice water in the hours before I go to bed. I used eat before bed, but I fixed that a while ago.
>>
>>28432656
I feel as though I am already at that point. What could it even provide for me then?
>>
Don't but the bullshit of the pharma jew, anti-depressants have had dangerous effects for some people, not everyone is gonna get suicidal from them but it does have an effect on the brain. Pumping drugs into your system is going to have side effects on your brain and body, no matter what kind of drugs they are, but the ones that permanently alter your brain chemistry can be very dangerous.
>>
>>28431427
this is what happens when our own intelligence outruns our biology and instincts

this is why there are so many obese people in first world countries nowadays

our instinct is to each as much fat and high calorie foods as possible because in the past they were rare. we still have that instinct but now we have unlimited access to high calorie foods

this is why drugs and other unnatural substances completely fuck people up, its completely indulging our primal instincts to unnatural levels making you dependent on them for the rest of your life
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.