[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Success Stories.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Any of you lads made it? Like have a gf I mean? H-how did you do it? How did you meet?
>>
>>28423846
I killed myself and woke up in heaven with a gf by my side.
>>
having a gf isnt making it, it just makes everything harder
>>
met on /vg/, added each other on skype, skyped a lot, met, and fugged.
This took like 2 years though
>>
>>28423846
>Any of you lads made it? Like have a gf I mean?
I am married.
Let me tell you one thing, having a girlfriend/wife and having sex isn't anywhere near the solution you make it out to be. It causes both joy and stress, with little to gain in the long run. I'm not saying you should drop the issue, but don't go at it with that intensity you do right now.
>>
File: jew_basic[1].jpg (38 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic[1].jpg
38 KB, 600x600
>>28423846

a roastie, mortgage and an suv is the way to happiness. keep chasing it
>>
>>28424153
>a roastie, mortgage and an suv is the way to happiness. keep chasing it
No, it isn't, but it happens because of happiness. You are happy and people will instantly like you more.
>>
>>28423846
(1/3)
Yeah I was on and off the NEET life for many years, either 100% financially supported by my parents while I lived the sweet sweet neetlife after failing out of uni, or working part time at menial retail establishments.
But one day, I don't know, I was just really bored of my life. I was almost 30 with no accomplishments in life and everything blended together. The passage of time was meaningless to me because I had no purpose, no structure to my life, and no gf.
So I just decided what the hell, let me try applying for some jobs that actually sound cool. I did not expect to actually get any of them, it was more of a "let's see what happens" type scenario to pass the time.
I always thought it would be cool to be a writer, so I applied to be a copywriter for an internet marketing company in a nearby city. I sent them a couple writing samples of my creative work, a short story and an excerpt from a D&D campaign I had been working on.
To my surprise, they invited me for an interview. My parents were actually excited for me and my mom took me to get a nice professional looking outfit for the interview. I cleaned myself up, shaved my amish-style neckbeard and got a nice looking haircut. I saw how much of a difference putting even a little bit of effort into looking nice paid off.
I impressed the company in the interview and they hired me. It was low wages but I was still in the mindset of "eh lets see what happens" because it seemed better than just living the boring neetlife all day every day.
After several months it became clear that even though I didn't have a college degree, I was one of the most intelligent people at the small company and I was promoted to management as the head of a new department. I was learning new skills all the time like web development, business interactions, writing skills, and technical things like web marketing strategies and analytics. It was just the right amount of mental stimulation I had been craving.
>>
>>28424545
(2/3)
I decided to see how far I could push myself in other aspects of my life as well. I joined a gym for the first time in my life and did my best to stick to a workout regimen. Again, this was all just to see what would happen attempting something I had never tried before. Turns out that after a few months of regularly going to the gym, not even pushing super hard or going full fitness mode, I started to notice positive changes about myself. I had more energy and endurance, I didn't get winded as easily going up the stairs, and I had lost a few pounds and didn't look like quite such a disgusting fatass, but still pretty chubby.
At this point it was the first time I had ever felt a sense of something approaching pride or positive self worth in basically my entire life. I was like... whoa, I can actually do like real life things and be a real person. I thought maybe it was time to try the scariest thing of all and try to get a girlfriend. So I had a few girls numbers in my phone from back when I was in university, from when we had to do group projects and stuff. I saw on my facebook feed that it was the birthday of this girl from one of those courses, so all I did was text her happy birthday and that I hoped she was doing well these days. She wasn't 10/10 gorgeous super model, but she was very cute and a little awkward with great tits and she was very kind. So I decided to go for it.
>>
I got a practice gf but I wouldn't call it a success, she's a lot older and not very attractive and doesn't know much English, and I fucked up and have a kid with her now. She was a cashier at the local meximart, I worked up the courage and tried just asking her to lunch at a restaurant the next door. She went there anyway so it was more like just asking to accompany her.
>>
File: 1455991103227.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1731) Image search: [Google]
1455991103227.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1731
>>28424559
(3/3)
Well she responded really positively and we started talking slowly, a little by little over the course of a few weeks. Just some friendly chatting and we realized that we were into some of the same things like fantasy books and some of the same tv shows like game of thrones and lost. Turns out we also went to the same gym even though we had different schedules. So after a while she actually asked me out on a date.
We went out a few times and I decided just to be honest with her because I literally had nothing to lose. I told her that I wanted a girlfriend and I didn't just want to mess around. She agreed and now we have been together for about two months with no signs of anything but happiness. She was also very understanding about sex, and worked with me even though I wasn't good at it, but now we are finding our rhythm and honestly sex is great for both of us.
I am in a great place in my life right now and I would say I have made it. While I was a NEET once and just doing nothing with my life and feeling like shit about myself, now I am successful and have someone who cares for me. All because I just tried a little bit and decided not to give a shit about failing or looking like a dumbass.
I just want to say that if I can make it, almost anyone can make it. You just have to keep trying.
>>
>>28423846
>>28423846

Have I made it? I'm in school to get my BA and after that my pilots license. That's my goals ATM but I do have a fiancee. We met on Xbox three years ago and I visited her twice and on the second trip I asked her to marry me. We can't get married until school is over or else we'll fuck up our financial aid n what not.
>>
I fucked a girl I met on /b/ once
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.