[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the point of even trying to get a girlfriend if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1454964027596.png (106 KB, 286x322) Image search: [Google]
1454964027596.png
106 KB, 286x322
So what's the point of even trying to get a girlfriend if she will never be perfect? You can just have a pretend relationship with an anime girl or celebrity and they can be everything you ever imagined, as opposed to some shitty, insecure, annoying real girl who is probably really bitchy and a 5/10 at most.
>>
sex obviously.
>>
>>28423669
>Pretended relationship
You are a lost cause.
>>
>>28423685
What's the point of sex if it's not with someone who's perfect, and that you love with your whole heart?
It's just masturbation using someone else's body.
>>
>>28423697
>Pretended
>I wrote the grammatically correct "pretend"
No, you are the lost cause.
>>
>>28423669
SHE ISN'T REAL!
I CAN'T MAKE HER REAL!

SHE ISN'T REAL!
I CAN'T MAKE HER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>28423669
So what's the point of living if you will never be perfect? You can just have a pretend life with rpgs or mmos and it can be everything you ever imagined, as opposed to some shitty, insecure, annoying life that you're probably living out of your mom's basement and pissing into jars.
>>
>>28423731
>No, you are the lost cause
At least I don't need to make up fake relationships with people.
>>
b/c playing pretend is no diff than delusion

an anime girl or celebrity will never love you back or respond to you
>>
>>28423766
this is correct though
there is NOTHING wrong with escapism unless you consider inconveniencing normies "wrong"
>>
>>28423766
I'll never be perfect but I enjoy living. I don't live in my mom's basement, and my life decent. I do what I enjoy and am studying a topic in university I find fascinating. I work on perfecting all of my pursuits, and that's good enough for me. But a gf is a huge time investment, and what's the point in settling for something who is not absolute perfect and that you don't love with every bit of your heart? Until you find that, I don't see the point.
>>
>>28423669
Nothings ever perfect. You can only ever get very close.

I'd be happy just to meet a girl who liked me and thought I was cool, who I found attractive.

But I don't get out much, thanks to work and having no friends to drag me into the sunlit world above. So odds are low and my optimism is tested a lot.
>>
>>28423777
That's what you said in the first post buddy. And I don't have a waifu because I'm happy alone, I just respect those that have them more than those that settle for a shitty gf.
>>28423797
I guess that is a good point, but a waifu doesn't take up time and money like a gf.
>>
>>28423847
True but you want to get as close as possible, so I don't see why you'd just settle for someone "cool" as opposed to waiting til you find someone who is everything you dream of. I get that it's because you don't have many options but having no gf and waiting is better than having a shitty gf and settling, I assume.
>>
>>28423866
>I just respect those that have them more than those that settle for a shitty gf.
You respect people who imagine to be in a relationship? That's just being in denial.
>>
>>28423918
Yes I do because they know exactly what they want and won't settle for less because society tells them to do it. They look for perfection and craft what they feel is a perfect relationship to maintain it. I don't see how that is being in denial. I don't think the majority of people with waifus think she'll ever talk back to them.
>>
>>28423669
>there he is with his dakimakura between his legs
>looking at his favourite taiwanese kids show
>oh isn't that erza-chan he whispers while the grease of butter cheese is pouring down his lips
>he grasps his dakimakura and starts humping on it
>oh erza-chuaan I daisuki you
>he falls on the ground
>zips out his penis
>starts humping and bumping the shit out of that uygur-turkic-mongolian mixed pillow
>IT IS NOT ENOUGH, he yells
>he picks up the butter cheese and starts pouring down over his 4 layer fat scrolled body
>he closes his eyes and whispers
>I can't wake up
>>
>>28424000
>They look for perfection and craft what they feel is a perfect relationship to maintain it.
It's the definition of a complete outcast, not a rebel going against the system. I pity them for having to go that low.
>>
>>28424039
What's wrong with being a complete outcast? And what is the difference between an outcast and a rebel? Whether or not you have the choice?
>>28424033
Kek
>>
File: zizek.interview[1].jpg (153 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
zizek.interview[1].jpg
153 KB, 768x1024
>>28423797

>b/c playing pretend is no diff than delusion

It is illusion that defines our reality.

Without a frame of reference constituted of illusory and arbitrary values our reality has no meaning.

In this way, illusion can be said to be more real than reality itself.
>>
>>28424828
>more real than reality
What stupid meme.
>>
>>28423797

Neither will a 3d woman. Are we really having this same discussion for the #656778th time?

Also, you can never love a person, you love an idea, no different to a waifu.
>>
>>28424936

We have seen attempts to define and establish "reality" many times until Kant proved it was impossible, and it has all ended in resounding failure, so perhaps we should begin to accept that what we think of as "reality" is just a frame of reference, and our illusions are what sustains our existence and can be admitted to be real for all intents and purposes.
>>
>>28425064
Philosophy is a joke. Reality is the way you perceive the waking world, and it's a frame of reference you share with almost everyone in the world except for schizophrenics.
>>
>>28425112

>Reality is the way you perceive the waking world, and it's a frame of reference you share with almost everyone in the world

You just said what I said.
>>
>>28425560
I know, but I was trying to point out how pointless philosophy is. I've never studied it, nor has almost anyone I know, and that's an obvious fact. Philosophy is just the pseudointellectual's way of pointing out assumptions and beliefs that everyone already holds and expecting to get credit for it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.