[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mommy is making me get my drivers license because I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 1419370037526.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1419370037526.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
>mommy is making me get my drivers license because I've been putting it off to long

how am I supposed to be comfortable going 80mph just a few feet away from retarded normies on their cellphones driving 3000lb killing machines?
>>
>>28423602
beats me, froggy
>>
File: worried smoking pepe.png (18 KB, 509x411) Image search: [Google]
worried smoking pepe.png
18 KB, 509x411
>tfw actually want to get driver's license but scared of people on the road and road accidents
I see it as riding a bike, but the consequences of falling off of it can be way more devestating
>>
>it's okay anon you play all those dang video games so you can definitely learn to drive a car :)
>>
You get used to it. The driving part is like coloring in the lines while the best you can do against people driving stupidly is to be watchful.
>>
File: car-wreck-one.jpg (161 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
car-wreck-one.jpg
161 KB, 1024x768
all it takes is one drunk chad or texting stacey
>>
I got mine some months ago took me about 6 tries to pass the driving test.
I have no idea how though.

>>28425003
I hate driving because of that.
I'm not really afraid for my own life but rather what happens if I make a mistake.
>>
>>28426158
I don't trust teen drivers at all. Every time I see a teenage girl driving a death machine I see a green shell.
>>
File: 2ndex.jpg (7 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
2ndex.jpg
7 KB, 227x222
>tfw you live in NYC and don't have to do provincial peasant work like driving automobiles
>>
File: 689738_007.jpg (38 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
689738_007.jpg
38 KB, 320x240
>>28423602
>25 years old
>my mom has to take me to the DMV to renew my license because I don't know what to do
>parents still have to take me to the dentist
>>
>>28426373
public transportation is shit for different reasons
>>
>>28426413
>public transportation
Kek. Walk, cab or uber son
>>
>>28423602
Get a motorized bicycle. Great mileage to the gallon and versatile.
>>
>>28426641
not really realistic if you have to take a highway to work/school
>>
>>28426641
True. And when you inevitably crash it you'll get to enjoy the subtle pleasures of a skin graft.
>>
>>28426410
those fucking feels. my mom still comes into the offices with me, I'm 24
>>
>>28425391
>tfw I can't even drive on GTA

I literally just run everywhere
>>
>>28426760
why
that must take forever
>>
I've driven 350 miles/week for a few years and I still don't feel fully comfortable on the road. I've had a million close calls and people are ridiculously bad at driving. You have to be vigilant every single time that you get in the driver's seat. The everyday anxiety starts to dissipate, but that doesn't mean you can let your guard down. You have to respect the fact that you're always one dumbass away from a fiery, slow death because not too many people are cognizant of that fact.
On the other hand, it's a great way out of you're into that sort of thing
>>
File: 1461796372793.gif (2 MB, 271x303) Image search: [Google]
1461796372793.gif
2 MB, 271x303
>>28423602
Be driving the bigger car
Or get yourself a 90's car
Cars from the 90's are like armored tanks compared to the fiberglass and plastic modern cars of today.
>>
>>28426777
It does but crashing at everything pisses me off
>>
>>28426840
Nah, don't do that. Higher chance of killing someone who's not a waste.
>>
>>28426840
Bigger cars get into more accidents. That sense of security can make you drive recklessly.
>>
>>28426676
Try not being a retard you won't crash.

>>28426670
They're legal, literally pass traffic in the babby lane.
>>
two members of my family were just killed a couple of weeks ago by a drunk driver trying to light a cigarette. wasn't close to them but still sad
>>
self-driving cars SOON
>>
Drive defensively, keep your distance from whatever's in front, don't get mad, and observation, observation, observation. always be scanning your mirrors and side views.

For "the other guy" and our old friend SMIDSY get a dashboard camera and always use it. That way at least if someone else fucks up you can document it and get the book thrown at them.

Of course if you foul up it will record that too, this concentrates the mind nicely.
>>
>>28426958
>see fagorcycle
>in traffic jam
>he thinks he gets to cheat the gods
>drift just into the sideline enough to block him in with the rest of us

I also work to impede the movement of luxury and sports car drivers whenever I can.
>>
>>28426958
>Try not being a retard you won't crash.
kek. With motorcycles it's not 'if' but 'when'.
>>
>>28427049
You're doing God's work. I worked for the county for a little while cutting trees and the road we did with the golf course on it was full of the biggest cunts. They would throw a tantrum when the flagger stopped them and there was this bmw that would always come through revving his engine and flying between the flaggers almost hitting people every time. Their inconvenience would have been alot worse if one of those trees fell across the road blocking it instead of the couple minute longer drive max for a week.
>>
>caring about your life
that was not very robot from you, op
>>
>>28427564
I would kill myself but no way am I letting some fucking normie kill me because he was texting his gf behind the wheel
>>
>tfw mom/dad drives you to the dentist or hairdresser or whatever and they come in with you so everybody thinks you're an actual retard
>>
>>28423602

But you'll be the bad driver, not them.
>>
>>28428286
sometimes experienced drivers are worse since they stop caring about what it's expected of them and just drive any way they can get away with
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.