[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motivation, inspiration, and reasons to live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 19
File: man in the glass.jpg (815 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
man in the glass.jpg
815 KB, 1000x1333
ITT we share motivational/inspirational stuff and tell each other why we should move forward.

>25 yo
>complete failure in a dozen ways
>spend 90% of my time hating myself and life
>still trying to find a reason to go on

Help me and help yourselves.
>>
File: it gets easier.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
it gets easier.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
>>28422626
Let's get this party rolling peoplez.
>>
>>28422626
23 here and I'm going to be you if I keep living.

I just don't know what to do.
>>
>>28422626
>tfw 20
>tfw can see my life going into a downward spiral
>>
25 years old, same situation.

The man in the glass cheated me first.
>>
>>28422626

This is a beautiful poem!
pls moar desu
>>
>>28423475

im 20 as well, trying to pull myself from the shit, but havinga pretty hard time desu
>>
>>28423448
I kinda wanna know how/why you're a failure. It's not that I want you to be a failure, I just want to know why we are (heading) that way. Can you tl;dr you situation?
>>
File: 1457126316027.jpg (52 KB, 468x714) Image search: [Google]
1457126316027.jpg
52 KB, 468x714
okay here you go anon
original
>>
dubz plz
>>
File: if.jpg (287 KB, 1099x1500) Image search: [Google]
if.jpg
287 KB, 1099x1500
>>28423816
Not sure if you're serious but this one is the only other one I got.
>>
File: 1451728119616.jpg (313 KB, 2336x3246) Image search: [Google]
1451728119616.jpg
313 KB, 2336x3246
and another one anon
>>
>>28423979
>>28423964

Im fucking serious as fuck, ive seen some things like this but never so inspiring.
i love it anon thanks a lot!
>>
File: 1439516692959.png (789 KB, 1280x781) Image search: [Google]
1439516692959.png
789 KB, 1280x781
I read this whenever I find myself having a hard day or even just a small worldview
>>
File: 1461434309794.png (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1461434309794.png
4 KB, 225x225
>>28423979
i am actually not far from sheding a tear here
thanks anon
>>
Guys can you guys be truthful with me. I really need motivation.

Can my brain recover from a year of extreme drug abuse?

Especially from abusing molly?

I don't want this brain fog anymore and want my sharp memory back!!!
>>
File: 1457215251594.png (337 KB, 650x2047) Image search: [Google]
1457215251594.png
337 KB, 650x2047
alright, continuing
origicomm
>>
>>28424204
>Always make suicide jokes with my coworkers
>Especially about sticking my head in the fryer
Also
>The skull of regret is my manager
Thank god today is my last day of work
>>
>>28424173

Anon, im not sure, you should probably ask someone with a degree...
if there is a way your doctor will know
>>
File: 1353867483045.jpg (133 KB, 1209x856) Image search: [Google]
1353867483045.jpg
133 KB, 1209x856
>>28424173
i would love to tell you anon but i have no experience with mollys and long term effects

gonna bump and hope someone sees that can reply
>>
>>28422626
it sounds cheesy as fuck or so im told but the reason i want to improve myself is because, to all the men from the past that i admire, as well as my ancestors, i would be a nobody.

It's a silly thing to imagine but if Julius Caeser or Patton or Alexander or whoever were to come alive today and i met them, i would basically have to explain that in the society we have today, i am the lowest of the low, the equivalent of a peasant.

It seems stupid when i type it out like that i guess. what i guess it means is that when i think about meeting someone i find to be important or inspirational i want to speak to them, not necessarily as an equal, but free of shame.
>>
>>28423964
it's funny that the last bit of this statement when applied to modern men can literally mean

lift everyday and dont fap

i should probably do that too.
>>
>>28424294
Hey even Caesar wept at Alexander's grave.
>>
File: 1449266932229.jpg (326 KB, 1408x2399) Image search: [Google]
1449266932229.jpg
326 KB, 1408x2399
>>28424252
>>28424252
>Always make suicide jokes with my coworkers
>Especially about sticking my head in the fryer

don't anon, it doesn't work
>>
>>28423349
Can't say it does, gets harder if anything

>>28423964
Or I could just off myself, doesn't matter in the long run

>>28423979
A suspicious amount of "ifs"

>>28424009
But you can remove the burdens - a bullet's all you need

>>28424294
Again, who cares? Nobody remembers the peasant from their times. The only ones remembered are the absolute top, which is highly unlikely to be reached.

>>28422626
I'll inpress him when I stop being a pussy and do it
>>
>>28422626
im all out of reasons, mate. cant help you.
>>
>>28424358
I've gotten enough burns to know that it wouldn't be effective. Maybe if I breathed in, it would fry my lungs up though.
>Was taking a long time cleaning a bathroom
>Coworker comes in
>"Oh, I thought maybe you had mixed some of the chemicals to kill yourself in here"
>>
>>28424341
that's the beauty of men i think.
no matter who you are, even a man who rose to the top of one of the most significant empires that ever existed still felt utterly insignificant compared to someone else.

i've felt that feeling except it was with nearly every person i met. When they all went off to college, got jobs, had hobbies, found love etc

There's two ways to deal with it i guess, the first is what i've done for years which is constant lying to myself, telling myself i didn't want those things anyway, or i was too weak, or i was just a failure and thats how it is

but i'm starting to come around to doing just a little thing everyday now. Just saying, you CAN do it, and making myself. Even the most little disciplines are adding up. Stuff like nail biting, or doing chores, working out, playing my guitar, controlling my tempter. Things that noone else would notice.

I don't really believe in an afterlife or anything like that but if there was one, and i died tomorrow, i'd meet everyone who i loved and looked up to in shame
>>
>>28424294
My grandfather was a well-respected millionaire who built a life even the rich would be envious of. Not because of the money, but because everyone loved and respected him. When I went on holiday to my native country, I lived in his mansion and the way his kids (my aunts and uncles and mom) acted around him was really amazing.

And you know what my biggest achievement in life is? I once masturbated 7 times in 1 day, after which my dick started bleeding from several places because the pulling had made cuts and tears. I am fucking pathetic, and my dead grandpa is probably rolling in his grave because of his failure grandson.

God damnit I'm so fucking pathetic dude you don't even know.
>>
File: 1462566766675.jpg (29 KB, 465x437) Image search: [Google]
1462566766675.jpg
29 KB, 465x437
>>28424377
lets see how you deal with this wise philosopher
>>
>>28424377
it's not about being remembered or not being a peasent. Caeser for example had thousands of soldiers, few of which have names that ring out, but simply being able to face a man like that and say that you've done the best you can to live a good life, be strong, and even though you haven't achieved what he has, you are worthy or their respect simply because you haven't shamed yourself is enough for me.

In a less fantasy example, i don't want to meet someone, even just a guy who i become friends with, we're talking about great things getting along and then i have to say that i'm a retail worker who lives at home, am a skinny twig, etc etc. I want respect, but unlike the majority of people i understand it is something to be earned. And in my current state i am worthy of none, not even my own.
>>
>>28424377
>A suspicious amount of "ifs"
Because the poem is called "if".
>>
>>28424478
thats it man. maybe its my catholic upbringing but shame just eats at me

all you can do is try to be a little more like him. Not even like him, just try to make changes in your life so that in a year, or two years, if he came back and saw you, you could say, yeah, this is what i do, this is who i am, and not feel shitty about it.

I'm not really very close with my parents at all , and don't really seek their validation which is probably why i apply that sort of feeling onto historical figures.
>>
File: 1440436844316.jpg (30 KB, 500x403) Image search: [Google]
1440436844316.jpg
30 KB, 500x403
I once talked a girl down from suicide. Her life continued to spiral downward though, and she ended up dying in a horrible car accident. Bled out on the side of the road. There is no right answer to any of this, guys. Some of us will never win. That's just our lot in life
>>
>>28424520
>In a less fantasy example, i don't want to meet someone, even just a guy who i become friends with, we're talking about great things getting along and then i have to say that i'm a retail worker who lives at home, am a skinny twig, etc etc. I want respect, but unlike the majority of people i understand it is something to be earned. And in my current state i am worthy of none, not even my own.
Fuck dude, are you me?

This is the reason why I'm slowly losing friends and can't have a girlfriend even if I could. I feel unworthy of even living this life, let alone poisoning other people with the disgusting failure that is me. I've always thought this. I've always thought I didn't deserve respect. You're the first person I know who puts it in the exact same way that I think about.
>>
>>28424506
I didn't do my best though. Never did, I just sat here whining on an anonymous image board all day.

>>28424520
Nobody cares what you deserve, they'll give you what they want to. And in terms of respect, I've stopped caring - even if I actually amounted to something, some other prick will do better. And I don't mean world over, I mean in the same competition. It always happens because I'm fundamentally inferior.
>>
>>28424536
Which I think invalidates the poem more, cause it lists shit I'm not capable of.
>>
>>28424173
Never doubt the tenacity of the human body, your body is surprisingly resilient. You did some permanent damage, no doubt. I'm not a doctor but I'm going to venture and say you'll likely never be exactly like you were prior to the abuse. You might want to go see a neurologist and see what they recommend.
>>
>>28424634
Well it invalidates it to the extent that you can't do this shit out of the box. You need to have willpower. Most of the texts/poems in this thread aren't "YOU'RE AMAZING JUST THE WAY YOU ARE" stuff, they tell you that you can be a decent human being if you just do something. That's really the core rule of living anyway.
>>
File: 1462479477234.jpg (716 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1462479477234.jpg
716 KB, 2592x1944
>>28424614
yes actually you were doing you best. You put a lot of work in to mock every motivational picture in this thread. i am proud of you anon.

no arguing about that
>>
>>28424604
pretty much i guess.
i had two friends, one now has his own place, a proper job and has basically transitioned into a full normie. The other one is arguably worse off than me, no job, no qualifications etc but even so we've drifted far apart.

I can get girls (reeee) but i never really connect with them because i dont have a life to talk about (and without going on a full rant, women expect you to have all your shit together regardless of theirs) so i just don't forge connections

i remember once some woman at work said something about her daughter thinking i was nice or cute or whatever and without even thinking i just said 'the poor girl' and that she could do better.

but i just try to earn a little bit back every day. im just grabbing onto the little things. the habit of what i call 'inevitability' is so strong within me and its hard to crush. Kind of like 'i should quit fapping for a while' or 'i should start lifting/exercising' BUT i know i wont...

i'm trying to summon that little voice in my head to say no, just , do that. Even tiny things like i should go turn the lights downstairs off. I got into such a state of avoiding everything, or just living with it that even things like that i need to pay attention to get them done

but hey a day at a time right

just as a kick in the balls though, this was sculpted by someone my age nearly 500 years ago. What would i have to say to this man?
>>
>>28424127
so... what the fuck was the deal with Ramirez then?
>>
The modern world lacks father figures.

Each and every person on this thread simply did not learn how to be a self made man.
>>
>>28424715
Wouldn't call it work, there wasn't any practical benefit.

Thanks though
>>
>>28424292
retarded feel good bullshit

>>28423979
so only perfect people according to this guy's definition are real men
whatever

>>28422626
how do you like yourself if you are shit?

>>28423349
sure it does get easier
not like the years pile on and the regrets with them
>>
>>28424614
you are fundamentally inferior due to your actions.
your choices

change those and you may not be fundamentally inferior. And it doesn't matter if someone else does it better. Maybe it's different for you, but if i go to sleep at night knowing that in that day i did all i could, i can sleep without shame.

Hannibal is considered great despite his loss to Scipio, Pompey to Caesar, Marius to Sulla whatever.

As for people giving what they want to, it doesn't matter what they give me, its about how i can face them. If a man gives me no respect because i am a failure it's justified and deep down i know it. If a man doesn't respect me but i know that i have nothing to be ashamed of, then i will not feel the sting so keenly. It's about how you can face others. Being second is not shameful if you have done all you can do.

A man who toils all day to feed his family may not be earning the acclaim of the nation but he is doing the best he can and that is worthy of respect. As such, i respect my father. Will he be remembered throughout history? Fuck no. But he could meet HIS heroes and say, you know what, i did everything i could to give my children opportunities, a great life, kept them safe, raised them well, and im sure he could die happy.

fuck i love my dad
>>
>>28424776
yeah and people will blame the men rather than the left wing governments voted in by women who have made fatherhood and marriage a shitty deal by making fathers an 'option' for women via the welfare state and increasingly anti male and anti father policies
>>
File: 1325932708476.jpg (38 KB, 211x198) Image search: [Google]
1325932708476.jpg
38 KB, 211x198
>>28424803
it amused me that you did that so i would call it practical but a benefit nonetheless

wish you a great day/night
>>
>>28424836
>so only perfect people according to this guy's definition are real men
whatever
I guess he's describing the level at which a person has to be to live a good life. I believe he's also saying that you don't need tangible stuff, but more a mindset. If you mold yourself internally, you can be a good person regardless of the externals. I know he doesn't that, but he focuses so much on the internal person that he might as well have.

Of course I really wouldn't know.

>how do you like yourself if you are shit?
By improving.
>sure it does get easier
>not like the years pile on and the regrets with them
Yeah I guess you're right. But maybe if you work hard and diligently, and try not to fuck up too bad, the good things in life will outweigh the bad things, and that's how it gets easier. For me, it indeed is not getting easier. I can tell you that.
>>
File: 1462706069128.jpg (531 KB, 4072x3874) Image search: [Google]
1462706069128.jpg
531 KB, 4072x3874
>>28424776
>>28424913

this

also, people don't know how to persevere and stay hopeful no matter the situation

hope is always no.1

without hope its difficult to see how to fix your own situation, it allows you take the risks you need to take and remain confident in them, which will make those risks succeed
>>
>>28422626
This helped me a little. I have some stuff to think about now. Thanks anon
>>
There is no reason to live, to do anything, to go on.
Except for the reason you make yourself.

Nobody should motivate you, nobody should tell you how to live, nobody should tell you why you live. Because nobody can.
It's all up to you.

If you want to die, please die.
If you don't want to die, please live.
>>
File: live-a-good-life.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
live-a-good-life.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>28425077
pic related to this
more related to theism and atheism but still sage advice
>>
>>28424745
>I got into such a state of avoiding everything, or just living with it that even things like that i need to pay attention to get them done
Hits too close.

I'm a relatively clean person, especially since I live with the folks, but sometimes I have a dirty towel in my bedroom for weeks. And I know that I need to throw it with the laundry, but I never do it. This is one of those things that's easily solved though. The problem is much worse when it comes to more important, life-affecting stuff.

>just as a kick in the balls though, this was sculpted by someone my age nearly 500 years ago. What would i have to say to this man?
I don't know.

Even today, there are millions of people out there, way younger than me, who are insanely good at what they do. And I know, even though I'm in my 20s, that I can get good if I try. But I don't, and whenever I meet one of those kids irl,I feel like I'm unworthy of even speaking to them. There are people out there who are truly living life the best way they can live it, and what the fuck am I doing?

Indeed, what would I say to such a person?
>>
I'm sick of being a failure, a source of shame for my family. It's begun to shine through, in the way my grandmother treats me. She treats me like she'd like to disown me, she's never been proud to call me her grandson but lately it's to the point where she barely tolerates my existence. It hurts, a lot more than I let on. I don't have anything to prove to her, she may be the matriarch of the family but it isn't like she's brought us honor and glory. I love her, but I hate the way she has regarded me all these years. I won't change my last name because my grandpa is worthy of all the honor and respect I can bestow upon him.

I don't need motivational pictures. I'm not sure what I need, something to work towards. A promise that all my efforts won't be in vain, that I'm not going to have my family turn their nose up and die alone in spite of it. I have trouble doing it for myself. I'm disgusted by what I've become and it's time I put an end to it. How I go about it remains to be seen.

/mai diary
>>
>>28425192
it's a truly absurd state of mind to be in isn't it
you could just get up, walk 3 steps to the bathroom and throw the fucking towel in the laundry. It would take 15 seconds probably. But you don't.

How fucking dumb is that?

But then you start doing the same shit to the decisions that matter.

When i let my education go out of the window, it wasn't a suprise. i actively watched and noticed as i didnt hand in coursework, didn't study, didn't attend classes. I knew that i was going to fail and it would massively impact my life and i just sat there and watched.

I could try to argue that i was only a teenager and didn't know just how bad it would get but still, its crazy
>>
>>28425225
>I'm not sure what I need, something to work towards
Aye, my friend. This is what I've been seeking for the past year or so. Something that will make me as obsessed as I used to be with vidya when I was a kid, except something useful. Like engineering or learning a language. If I were passionate about something like that, I'd be so happy.

Anyway, I feel you bro. I feel like my few friends and my semi-happy family are distancing themselves from me more and more, because I'm such a depressed failure of a cunt. Worse thing is that I'm about to fail even more in the future.

Fuck me.
>>
>>28425247
>I could try to argue that i was only a teenager and didn't know just how bad it would get but still, its crazy
I mentally can't muster the energy to do anything, and I'm not even a teenager. I just can't do it. I have no clue why. I look at it and it's like it actively repulses me. The longer the work would take, the more it looks like death than anything else.

But if you're mentally sound, can't you just finish your education/go to college/learn a skill at home? You could still salvage the rest of your life, and if you're in your 20s/30s, that's still a lot of years.
>>
>be 25 year old neet living off savings
>have resume with experience from 2-3 years ago but no diploma
>no references
>self esteem and social skills have eroded to the point that I probably couldn't muster a coherent job interview
>have just been sitting around getting drunk daily for a year and a bit

I wish I had some kind of ambition, it's hard to start anything when you feel like shit about yourself all the time.
>>
>>28425585
i guess i could salvage my education but honestly the idea of going at 23, being surrounded by a bunch of 18 year olds and stuff, living in student accomodation with strangers doesn't appeal all that much.

plus if i went to uni it wouldnt be a particularly vocational degree. Probably history or philosophy so arguably a waste of money. i'm aware i can salvage my life, i'm slowly working to fix it.

as for you i've been there and basically all i can say is start with the tiniest of things like what i've described in the thread. think of literally anything you could do right this minute that you need to do and do it
>>
>>28422626
All of those, but 27 y/o and also

>completely bald
>Back covered in thick hair
>hyperhydrosis (sweat buckets from pretty much any movement or heat)

Not having the balls to kill myself makes me feel beyond pathetic
>>
>>28424294
My ancestor was a Nobleman....I'm shit compared to him.
>>
File: baboon hit down or back.png (1 MB, 1426x922) Image search: [Google]
baboon hit down or back.png
1 MB, 1426x922
We are not very different from baboons or chimps.
>>
>>28425680
Well, I guess you could study history or philosophy at home, so no need to spend money on those. Good luck on fixing your life mate, I hope you'll do better a year from now.
>>
Bumping one last time. Thanks contributing to the thread guys, I'm off to sleep. Maybe I'll make another one tomorrow.
>>
I've had enough of being r9k incarnate. from this day forward I'm going to make steady progress towards being a productive, respectable member of society. I swear it.
>>
>>28422626
wondering if anybody here actually gets it
because you know
>that's a beautiful poem desu famtaro :^)))))
>>
File: 1449018273132.jpg (68 KB, 623x306) Image search: [Google]
1449018273132.jpg
68 KB, 623x306
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCttVodT8DI

Nobody is anybody.

Those of us who reside in the Unholy City,
who sprouted out of the blackness of an old root cellar,
or sprayed forth like dark ashes from an unclean chimney,

Those of us who are permanent citizens of the Unholy city,
are neither Angels nor Demons
Although we are sometimes called upon to play such parts,
for the purpose of some game that has been going on since the world began,
acting out our roles in a drawn out, and intricate stage show that we will never understand,
nor ever care to understand.

Nevertheless, we are really not so different from the tourists who sometimes visit our little town,
and sometimes stay with us forever.
Who are also born of the same blackness as we were, as everything was.

Still, there is one respect in which we, the inhabitants of the Unholy City,
diverge from all others in this world,
who are so caught up in the game that is going on,
who identify so completely with the parts they have been given to play in the stage-show universe,
that they actually believe themselves to be somebody or something.

We on the other hand, suffer from no such delusion.
We are nobodies. We are nothings.

And even to speak in such terms may be claiming too much for ourselves.

Which is to say that we are just like everyone else.
While they, without ever knowing or suspecting the true facts,
are just like us.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.