[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /constantly remembering cringey past events/ here? Shit's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1461234225445.jpg (118 KB, 960x952) Image search: [Google]
1461234225445.jpg
118 KB, 960x952
Who /constantly remembering cringey past events/ here?

Shit's fucking irritating, my brain randomly reminds me of cringey memories literally all the time, and every time it makes me physically jolt in reaction to the sheer cringeyness

Anyone got any good ways of suppressing this shit? I tried just not reacting to them when they pop into my head but most of the time I can't help it
>>
Same here OP,
Same here.

BuMPinG for interest and to be not muted.
>>
only in death will you be released from this mortal coil
>>
>>28419245
they call it 'rumination'

http://media.psychology.tools/worksheets/english_us/what_is_rumination_en-us.pdf
>>
>>28419245
Stop dwelling in the past. Nothing you can do about it. Why be retarded and relive it? Just don't think about it or think to yourself it's not a big deal. The cringy shit you did was forgotten by everyone but you.
>>
File: 75479vI.jpg (86 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
75479vI.jpg
86 KB, 736x736
>>28419297
http://media.psychology.tools/worksheets/english_us/rumination_diary_en-us.pdf
>>
>>28419245
I hate it, it happens all the time.
I call it "unwanted thoughts syndrome"
No idea what to do about it, the jolts/ reactions are getting harder to hide.
>>
File: JzVcrXQ.jpg (63 KB, 720x852) Image search: [Google]
JzVcrXQ.jpg
63 KB, 720x852
>>28419313
http://psychology.tools/rumination-focused-cognitive-behavioural-therapy-rfcbt.html
>>
Not only that, but I remember the other kid's cringeworthy shit too so they probably remember mine.
>>
>>28419312
It's not like a drudging old memories, it's like embarrassing shit or bad memories just pop in randomly and you're momentarily reliving it again.
>>
>>28419312
I wish I could, it's not like I make concious decisions to dwell on my past mistakes, my brain just automatically makes it happen

If I had control over it I obviously wouldn't voluntarily be making myself cringe all the time
>>
Same op. My train of thought is just a running highlight reel of all my most cringey and shameful moments. Doesn't matter how long ago. Like shit I did in grade school over 15 years ago.

Sometimes I'll mutter "fuck you fuck you fuck you" or "please kill me now" out loud just as a visceral reaction to how it feels when the memories constantly come flooding back.
>>
>>28419333
Mines not quite that bad, if anything it makes it more frustrating being aware that I don't care about or even ever really remember other peoples cringe, because it just reminds me that no one other than me gives a fuck about my cringe either
>>
>>28419332
CBT is such bullshit. "Just keep lying to yourself until you believe it anon!"

I have no idea how anyone with any self awareness can fall for this shit.
>>
>>28419380
Yeah I always automatically say "FUCK" or something like that when it happens to me, it really does get pretty physically painful
>>
File: 1455252116836.jpg (349 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1455252116836.jpg
349 KB, 1280x800
always, op. Sometimes it's bad enough to be a daily occurence and it feels like shit. My mind is too spastic to avoid them
>>
>>28419357
>>28419353
It's because you have shitty thinking habits. The mind is a muscle that needs training and yours is weak as fuck.
>>
>>28419429
I find it kind of terrifying how little control we have over our brains, it really seems like my brain hates me and there's nothing I can do about it
>>
>>28419414
>"Just keep lying to yourself until you believe it anon!"

mm16
thinking this is cbt
>>
>>28419493
How does one go around doing that? I've tried positive thinking but it always just seems like I have no control over the deepest parts of my concious
>>
File: 1462319005353.jpg (62 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
1462319005353.jpg
62 KB, 780x780
>7th grade
>bus breaks down
>everyone gets out onto the sidewalk
>sidewalk has the road on one side and a tiny brick wall on the other side
>we all step on top of it
>standing next to my friend and some stacy
>Stacy stumbles and leans back and I held my arm out to stop her from falling
>she doesn't fall and catches herself
>she says "gross. why would you hold your hand out. dont.
>say "oh so you would rather fall instead?"
>"yes"
>>
>>28419635
That's what you get for trying to interact with filthy normies
>>
>>28419245
Me too pham.

It's the one thing that makes me strive to avoid cringe. I get better every day thanks to the rumination of my autism.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.