[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /r9k/'s thoughts on Magic: The Gathering?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: mtg.png (75 KB, 300x288) Image search: [Google]
mtg.png
75 KB, 300x288
What are /r9k/'s thoughts on Magic: The Gathering?
>>
>>28418793
I've been playing and collecting since 2001, but I don't have anyone to play with anymore since high school and college so it's kind of pointless.

Also they need to update their online client.
>>
What's there to think about
>>
File: pricia.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pricia.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>28418793
Force of Will is better.

Look at this qt
>>
>>28418793
It's for fat nerds.
>>
File: Force-of-will.jpg (194 KB, 577x800) Image search: [Google]
Force-of-will.jpg
194 KB, 577x800
>>28419053
>Force of Will

Great card tbqh
>>
>>28418793
I prefer the steam games to the physical game because i'm not rich
>>
I started playing a couple of years ago and only really play online. I love the game. It's really deep, there are a ton of different kinds of decks you can make, and drafting is fun as fuck. My only complaint is that it costs a pretty substantial amount of money for most kinds of play.
>>
Knew some guys in high school who were really into it, not your typical "fat nerd bronies" either, chill guy. Taught me how to play, lended me decks to play with them after school in the cafeteria. Fun game but i would never sink the money into it
>>
And you guys wonder why girls are into you. This shit is literally pussy repellant. Smh.
>>
>>28418793
Magic, tabletop, war gaming, video gaming: all a colossal waste of time.
Also, if you're one of those fags that plays in public or in a cafeteria and still wonder why you don't get laid?
Gee that seems silly.
>>
>>28419159
I have a GF and I play Magic all the time.
>>
File: 1459371888513.jpg (220 KB, 550x570) Image search: [Google]
1459371888513.jpg
220 KB, 550x570
>>28419159
>3DPD
Who
fucking
cares
>>
>>28419213
Fat renaissance fair women don't count.
>>
>>28419208
It's really dumb to be so insecure that you refuse to play games in public because you're worried about what people will think. Gamers are not social pariahs, especially not in this day and age. Playing games is no more a waste of time than watching TV or movies, and it's often a lot more social than those activities.

>>28419232
OK. I still have a GF and she is not a fat ren faire woman.
>>
It was all I did in high school. I have over 10k cards.

>at school
>have magic cards in my bag
>group of stacies see them when I get my binder out
>omg anon has pokemon cards what a faggot
>one girl grabs a box out and starts showing everyone in class
>even teacher is kinda laughing
>girls sees a mythic rare in a plastic sleeve
>is this card special anon?
>tfw she rips card in half

feels bad man
>>
>>28418793
MtG is like card sleeves for your virginity.
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>28419246
->Gamers are not social pariahs
>>
>>28419292
They're really not. Pretty much everyone plays games of some kind. What is your weird obsessive hatred about? Is it that you used to be a really heavy gamer and now resent that part of yourself? What drives someone to your particular brand of retardation?
>>
>>28419249
That story sounds made up as hell, but sorry if it actually happened. As someone who only started playing Magic in his late 20s, I'm curious - how did you have the money in high school for all those cards?
>>
>>28419159
>MtG players socialize IRL more often than video game players and most robots

Uh..???????????
>>
>>28419399
it actually happened. And my parents passed away when I was young so I lived with a grandma that spoiled me cause she felt bad. Then I got a job in my junior year and bought a fatpack every pay check
>>
File: hato lewd.gif (619 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
hato lewd.gif
619 KB, 480x270
>>28419159
My bf likes MtG. I think it's nice that he has hobbies outside of handegg and lol clubbing xD like normies do.
>>
I played for 14 years, stopped about a year ago. Mostly Legacy, I have a pretty expensive collection. It's a great game but the amount of cheating among top players really started to get to me.. It's really hard to be really good at Magic if you have a full time job. Going to a tournament and just getting shat on (which happens from time to time, it is a card game after all) is a bad feel.
>>
>>28419485
you know that bitch is probably up to her neck in kids with different fathers, an alcoholic and a heavy smoker right?

if she isn't, she will be eventually. they all will.
>>
real robots played yu-gi-oh
>>
Is this shit like yugioh? I would like to get into it but don't know anything about it.
>>
>>28419573
Cheating, like printing fake copies of cards, or what?
>>
>>28419588
>yugioh was made well after magic
how old are you exactly?
>>
>>28419368
Not intense hatred. Just have eyes. Stop lying to yourself.
>>
>>28419609
He means people drawing extra cards or sneaking cards they shouldn't have into their hand or into play.
>>
>>28419581
i hope so, she was mean to me a lot
>>
>>28419621
>le children from the early 2000s are underage I am le oldfag
nice meme /v/eddit
>>
I played in junior high. I bought some card recently and now I just play by myself.
>>
>>28419609
All sorts of shit. The biggest was this very mediocre player who kept winning big tournaments again and again (tough to do even for pros). They watched some of his recorded matches and realized he would shuffle cards to the top of his deck, and shuffle cards to the top of his opponents deck (literally a magic trick). It's pretty gross that he would cheat on camera. He got a four year ban but he had already won something like 85k
>>
>>28419656
are you being ironic or are you clueless to how much of an idiot you just proved yourself to be?
>>
>>28419628
I'm not lying to myself. No one gave a shit in high school that I played games, everyone on my dorm floor in freshman year of college played games and that's how I made some of my closest and longest-lasting friends, every single person I know either plays games at least once in a while or has friends who play games. You are living in a fantasy world if you think that there is a huge stigma to gaming.

>>28419649
Wow, that's funny. I didn't know that happened. Well, that's one benefit of playing online; people can't pull that shit.

>>28419689
Isn't it customary to cut your opponent's deck after they shuffle? How would it matter what he put on top of his own deck?
>>
File: rave.gif (914 KB, 720x306) Image search: [Google]
rave.gif
914 KB, 720x306
>>28419655
it probably eats her up at night how much of a bitch she was, and if it doesn't then she is detached and delusional and its only a matter of time before she consumes herself.
>>
>>28419763
I think it must bother her, if it doesn't she's a sociopath She made fun of me for having a dead dad, who the fuck does that
>>
File: 1404019155512.gif (327 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
1404019155512.gif
327 KB, 238x192
>>28419759
look, to understand where he is coming from you have to understand the pol mentality and the whole 'ubermench vorsch' thing they picture themselves as.

they don't have to be right, fit, intelligent or good looking, they just have to be white.

stop feeding him plz as you will never get a reasonable response ty.
>>
>>28419759
Most people usually cut the deck about 5 cards up from the middle of the deck, and only cut once unless they are a fucking faggot.

If you just shuffle in a way that focuses early game cards and some lands to that area, you can get a much better chance at a good hand.
>>
>>28418793

Old as shit fag here.

Stopped playing around 5th edition. MTG turned into a fucking babbied down clusterfuck so I dropped it literally over 15 years ago.

Was considering getting back into it but ultimately I know I won't.
>>
>>28419759
>Isn't it customary to cut your opponent's deck after they shuffle? How would it matter what he put on top of his own deck?

Yeah you're probably right, he probably just did it to his opponent
>>
>>28418793
> started playing during Unlimited

> still playing
>>
>>28419821
>attention seekers
>social awkwards
>failed clowns
>failed comedians
>bad clowns
>bad comedians
>reactive people
>sociopaths
>psycopaths
>the mentally unstable
>the mentally fragile
>the emotionally unstable and fragile
>>
>>28419860
You should see hearthstone if you think magic is bad now.
>>
>>28419159
>my wife and I play with a group of other husbands and wives
>>
>>28419860
It feels totally different now, I wouldn't recommend it
>>
>>28419883
let me clarify, it could have been any or all those reasons why she said it, but she didn't apologize so screw her i hope a piano falls on her head bro
>>
>>28419894
inb4 obligatory unironic cuck comment
>>
>>28419890

I play Hearthstone. It's obviously over simplified compared to MTG. But since tons of people play it, I kind of enjoy the ease of playing others. And I really do think the game's interface is very inviting. I hit legend monthly and enjoy playing streamers, especially if I know they're streaming. But I have almost zero respect for the difficulty of play.
>>
>>28419883
>>28419926
thanks man. It's weird cause I haven't seen her in years but I still think about her like once a month
>>
Mtg is one of those things that, while still being a "nerd" hobby, it's still super popular. A whole bunch of people play it. It's like Smash brothers, or Bioware/bethesda/TES games.
I love it, but am still a pretty new player, so I enjoy playing with friends a lot more. Even FNM is full of crazy good players
>>
File: DOTANEET.png (448 KB, 688x664) Image search: [Google]
DOTANEET.png
448 KB, 688x664
>>28419980

an original post with a rich, dark aroma
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.