[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice thread, no self-pity edition. Hi /r9k/, resident normie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: normie_advice.jpg (96 KB, 1006x768) Image search: [Google]
normie_advice.jpg
96 KB, 1006x768
Advice thread, no self-pity edition.

Hi /r9k/, resident normie here. If anyone wants some advice, some normie perspective, or just wants to chat, come post here. No question is too stupid here, no topic off limits. Tell us what's on your mind, anons.

>inb4 reeee get off my board
>>
>>28417362
should I kill myself?
not original
>>
>>28417491
I'd argue not, no, but I don't know your story. Why are you thinking about committing suicide?
>>
File: 1455057150397.jpg (1 MB, 2048x3089) Image search: [Google]
1455057150397.jpg
1 MB, 2048x3089
So this girl at uni said she wants to be better friends with me.

She didn't say it to me directly though, it was a group of people, we were talking, and I said something she agreed with I guess so she said "I wish I was better friends with anon haha"

She's also said: "I feel like anon's smart, but he's quiet so nobody knows it" She agrees with me when a few of us are arguing/discussing something even though she really doesn't know what she's agreeing with.

I don't really like this girl, but I feel like she sort of likes me. We've never really hung out, but she always catches up to me and we talk a bit after we walk out of class.

What's your take on this?

pic not related
>>
>>28417551
I'd say that it's entirely possible that she's into you - I'd give it a 60% probability? If you're asking for advice on what to do, I'd personally stay friends, and just do what friends do without crossing that intimacy boundary.
>>
>>28417597
Yeah, that was my plan. Thanks for the validation my dude.
>>
>>28417362
What do I do with my life? I'm still left wanting more, I have heaps of friends and a great social life. Girls are of complete and utter no desire to me, and regarding work, although I'm currently part time min wage, when I had a more prosperous job this feeling was the same if not worse
>>
>>28417628
No worries bro, good luck.
>>
>>28417641
Uuumm, well a lot of people feel unfulfilled. I think that the standard solution is to find a hobby you're really passionate about and invest a lot of yourself into that. Like, if you're passionate about music, go learn an instrument and play that, or if you like vidya then go join an amateur esports team.
>>
>>28417641
>>28417491
I'm this bloke here, not op. I can relate to the single biggest deterrent to killing yourself will be the people you leave behind, I know you don't want to kill yourself, I don't want you to kill yourself. At least one friend or family member will be devestated beyond believe. Tragic deaths can really fuck with people, first hand I know people who have not been the same and have become reclusive after the death of someone in such circumstances
>>
>>28417679
I get no pleasure out of these things though, I have hobbies of literature and mechanical wrist watches, I'm about to sell every watch I owe for a reason I can't even tell you

Work has been compounding the problem, I don't even know man
>>
>>28417685
yeah, my mother would probably be devastated but I am already a burden to her
>>
>>28417362
I'm going to university in a few months. Had 0 friends in high school - wasn't exactly an outcast but didn't really fit in with any group although I was friendly with a few people.

How do I maximise my chances at making good, long-lasting friendships at uni?
>>
>>28417718
Then it's not a passion, anon. I have the same problem - I don't know what to do with my time other than going out or spending it with women. I think you need to go on a journey of self-discovery and try to find out what actually makes you happy by trying out a lot of different stuff.
>>
>>28417362
how do you do it? how do you have the motivation to do anything other than indulge in escapist fantasies all day?
anime video games and the internet have fucking destroyed me.
>>
>>28417723
You wouldn't believe how badly your mum would be effected by it, if you died accidentally there would be at least some recourse in that, but for you to take your own life she would blame herself, every waking moment of her life would become misery, if you feel like a burden to her the best thing you can do is not burden her by taking your life? What is the problem in specific? Mental illnesses are treatable
>>
>>28417731
The thing about uni is that everyone's new, everyone wants to make friends, but everyone's grown up enough to not care about cliques. Go out, be friendly, and you are almost certain to find some people you get along with, which is not the case in high school. Don't worry about pretending to be someone you're not - we have everyone from a party girl, nerdy virgin to chill drug-bro in our flat, and we get along splendidly. In fact, we had a lovely barbecue yesterday where we all had tons of fun (pic related).
>>
>>28417750
It's quite hard to start doing stuff, but once you do I feel like it's a lot easier to keep going, and the fact that you've started motivates you even more. Basically I force myself to get past the starting point, and from then on it's a lot easier.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.