[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do when you can't move forward at all? It feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 979754.jpg (54 KB, 819x317) Image search: [Google]
979754.jpg
54 KB, 819x317
What do you do when you can't move forward at all?
It feels like whatever is ahead is just going to be shit anyway.
>>
>>28416976
Is this a riddle? My guess is to stand still.
>>
>>28417006
I'm just talking about life in general.
>>
>>28417014
Well, I guess you don't have to stand. If you're not moving forward, you can stay still in any position you want. Or is the trick that it makes you think you have to stay still, yet the possibilities are actually endless since you can still go backwards, sideways, up, down, and every direction in between?

Did I solve your riddle? Can I cross the bridge now?
>>
>NEET
>KHV
>no motivation to do anything
>no skill or competence to do anything
>perfectly contented to do nothing all day and just lie in bed or sit out in the sun staring at the sky

How the hell does someone in that situation do things? I have this looming outside peer pressure that I "should" live for "something" and also the practical point that I'll eventually be homeless but for the life of me nothing bought with money entices me enough to seek out money.
>>
you find somewhere else to go
a new path
preferably the one less traveled
>>
>>28417446
Most people get motivated by the urge to have sex. You need money to attract a girl, the actual things you buy with the money are besides the point.
>>
>>28417496
I'm far from asexual but it wouldn't kill me not to ever have sex. I'd even accept a very small sum of money to stop masturbating too.
>>
>>28417496

there are a lot more uses for money than access to pussy

money lets you travel, eat well, take drugs, buy land, build things and purchase experiences (shit like hang gliding, car racing, sailing, scuba diving, whatever you want)
>>
OP are you still here? if so I will put some effort in to answering your question
>>
>>28417568
So one might see it as a trade off between two options:

>Don't do any work. You get unlimited free time and leisure with the down side that you have little-or-no access to travel, tasty food, drugs, independence, security etc

>Do work. You have to sacrifice a good half of your non-sleep free time on work and commuting. However with your remaining time, energy, and will, you will have the money to access many of civilizations' perks including pussy, travel, tasty food, drugs, security, land, hobbies, experiences.

Option B seems like the obvious sensible choice for most people but I can't help but feel more enticed by not working than I am enticed by any of the rewards to work.
>>
>>28417632
There's also the

>Do work. You have to sacrifice a good 3/4 of your non-sleep free time on work and commuting. You have little-or-no access to travel, tasty food, drugs, independence, security, etc.

You know, if you're been born in the lower 50% or so.
>>
>>28417632

well lucky for you, you live in a civilised society and it's your right to choose option 1

but, as i always say in these sorts of threads, make damn fucking sure that's all you'll ever want out of life, because once you hit like 25 with nothing on your resume there's no chance of turning it around.
>>
>>28417699

social mobility exists anon, don't let your roots be your excuse never to try anyhting
>>
File: 435.jpg (39 KB, 455x454) Image search: [Google]
435.jpg
39 KB, 455x454
>>28417573
I'm still here.

>>28417446
Yeah I'm in the exact same position.

>>28417496
I prefer 2D.

>>28417632
Do you seriously think you're helping?
Fuck off retard. You don't seem to understand at all.
>>
>>28417730
>>social mobility exists
Science literally says it doesn't, but think what you will, I guess you'd have to kill yourself if you didn't believe in it wouldn't you.
>>
>>28417747
>Science literally says it doesn't

Just because statistics say it's unlikely doesn't mean it doesn't exist
>>
File: 1461877638343.gif (499 KB, 450x296) Image search: [Google]
1461877638343.gif
499 KB, 450x296
>>28417730
>social mobility exists
I think you should leave.
>>
>>28417737

i was going to put a lot of effort in to an answer but something has come up so i'll boil it down to dot points and then i gotta bail

1. make sure you have a clear idea of your goals and how to get there
2. identify the roadblock (lack of experience, no jobs in this town, too fat, no confidence, whatever)
3. brainstorm solutions to this roadbloack (volunteer work, more education, move, get healthy, cbt/exposure therapy)
4. choose a solution and make a plan to implement it (eg if you want to move to a new city then start looking for apartments, start saving for the trip, start applying for jobs, maybe make a plan to visit the city, etc)

anyway good luck
>>
>>28417770
ITT we take "just win the lottery bro" as valuable life advice.
>>
>>28417863
You're being disingenuous
>>
>>28418326
How? Tell me how working statistical anomalies into your general life plan and outlook on life is ever a good idea?
>>
>>28418349

there is a clear path from working class to upper middle class as long as you have some kind of income

it's gonna be a shitty lifestyle for sure, but it's definitely not the lottery. most people just get trapped in debt and consumerism, living in the moment.

start reading blogs like mrmoneymustache and tell me it's impossible to do that
>>
>>28418585
>start reading blogs like mrmoneymustache and tell me it's impossible to do that
You mean that guy who got rich by making a blog on how to get rich, and also married a woman with a huge inheritance?

Pretty sure he was American too.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.