[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here actually fallen for the "you have no friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1412663717087.gif (20 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1412663717087.gif
20 KB, 633x758
Has anyone here actually fallen for the "you have no friends or gf because of vidya" meme?

Me playing vidya all the time is more like the result of not having anyone to hang out with, not the cause. I've never rejected anyone's offer to hang out based on me wanting to play games instead. But since I have nobody to talk to, what else am I supposed to do in the free time?

I'm lonely though
>>
>>28416251
I stopped playing vidya (and watching anime, which is another commonly cited "cause") and still have no real friends and no gf.

So yeah, it's bullshit. We just use those things to fill the lonely, empty nights.
>>
I haven't played video games in years. I just replaced it with tv and 4chan... life goes on.
>>
How about the fact that I used to play vidya with friends when I was a kid?

It was a good way to hang out.
>>
I miss vidya. I'm as lonely and bored as ever, but now there aren't any games I even enjoy playing anymore. Everything I like has either been played to death (TES/FO/etc) or it's too competitive and I just feel stressed out about joining a game and letting the team down. (CS etc.)
>>
>>28416323
I feel a similar feel. Though it's mostly because I don't have much time to play vidya anymore and most games I wanted to play are denuvo protected and I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>28416344
You're not missing much. I've blown easily a grand on games in the last year and they're all shit, or at best only fun for a couple of weeks and then become shit. (The Division, Fallout 4, etc.)
>>
File: 1462081101410.jpg (49 KB, 454x600) Image search: [Google]
1462081101410.jpg
49 KB, 454x600
>>28416323
>it's too competitive and I just feel stressed out about joining a game and letting the team down.

Right in the feels.
>>
Can be said with any other hobby that isn't productive and it's only merely for entertainment purposes.

Vidya itself isn't bad but it starts to get bad if you let it control your life and all you want to do is play vidya and not face reality.

Who cares about having friends or a gf anyways? You're better off being comfy by yourself instead of being a people pleaser. If you like to asslick people and like to get treated like a dependent bitch then go ahead make friends and get a gf, but if you actually have some self respect for yourself, then replace social activities with productive hobbies.

Friends and gf dont last long because in the end, the only person there is you.
>>
>>28416323
>>28416352
Oh, and on top of this, there's one game that I can actually play and have a bit of fun killing time with, and I know you guys will sneer at it but it's Minecraft. I'm far from underage b& and was a late adopter, but it's really a great chill timekiller...

AND MY FUCKING ACCOUNT GOT STOLEN BY RUSSIANS. I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR TWO MONTHS TO HEAR BACK FROM FUCKING MOJANG AND STILL NOTHING. GODDAMNIT YOU CYKA BLYAT FUCKS.
>>
It's bullshit. I know a guy who plays vidya 24/7 and he has a gf. He actually got a gf while playing cs 1.6. Only difference is he is a tall Chad and I am not.
>>
>>28416358
>>28416323
I had this particular feel when I tried playing Red Orchestra recently. I just kept accidentally killing my own men.
>>
1987 fag here.

I fell in love with video games, but they were never a main factor in my life until around puberty when I basically lost the genetic lottery and other guys looked like chads so I was basically ignored by girls for all of my teenage years.

This drove me to focus on other things in life, I naturally moved towards video games since that was something already in my life that I enjoyed.

Gaming use to be such an escape for me for a long time. Now I am nearly 30 but the games no longer work as a distraction. Now my distraction from life is LIFTING and UNIVERSITY. I'm staying in university for as long as they'll let me stay. Lifting and learning new stuff and gaining educational qualifications is like my new MMORPG.
>>
>>28416364
Minecraft got boring fast for me.

That sucks about your account. My condolences and sympathy won't bring it back though...
>>
>>28416400
I stay at Uni a lot as well. But only because I don't want to come back to an empty house where nothing but loneliness awaits me.
>>
>everyone should invite me out, and I should just sit and wait for calls
>>
>>28416358
>>28416377
Man, it was terrible when I tried to play CS:GO the other day. I used to be MG2, and after not playing for a year it dropped me in Silver 2. My actual skills are fucking pathetic now, and the people I'm playing with are so uncooperative that what knowledge I have of the maps and tactics are completely useless.
>>
it's a cycle senpai
>>
>If I stop fapping and compete in nofap, I'll gain energy and time and that'll get rid of my perversions and give me confidence!
>Not realizing fapping is a symptom, not a cause. Usually of a shitty diet, no hobbies and a bad sleep pattern.
>>
File: 1395079429845.png (465 KB, 680x762) Image search: [Google]
1395079429845.png
465 KB, 680x762
>>28416814
You know that feel when there's a major party coming up and most people you know are getting invited but you're not?

Or when there's a party meant for everyone to introduce themselves and you're not invited or nobody bothers getting acquainted with you?

That's the feel we feel.
>>
>>28416251

I play vidya now just because I don't enjoy going out. I go out to the range and that's about it now. I hate Austins traffic and now where I live is getting like Austin I hate it here too.

I never did. I don't have hardly any friends since I moved to TX. Not like I had many when I lived in NY either.

Pretty much vidya keeps me company and I honestly spend more of that time reading.

Now I patiently wait for Star Citizen or I just fuck around in Space Engineers and build stuff.

At night I'll often race my little RC car outside. Its quite nice when I don't have to deal with people.

Have you thought about joining a clan or something? Just for casuals sake and make friends there? That's what I did when I played Eve and World of Tanks.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.