[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know the history of this world and to an extent the universe.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 6
File: MTE5NTU2MzE2MjMyMjU0OTg3.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2MjMyMjU0OTg3.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
I know the history of this world and to an extent the universe. History is all the same, it never changes. War, rich people, poor people, homeless people, tortured people, evil regimes, American empire, countries, born, die, blah. Existence is futile and extremely stupid. We could die at any second and we would have changed nothing. Where is our goddamn purpose? Where is our point for existing? Our purpose for existing on the large scale. There is none. How do I quit life? Where is the god damn button?
>>
File: merrily merrily merrily.jpg (44 KB, 364x561) Image search: [Google]
merrily merrily merrily.jpg
44 KB, 364x561
Gonna jump with the pics I usually post. What would a meaning for an existence even look like op? I can be emo-teen levels of existential but ultimately the question doesn't seem to make sense. For me the better question is, why live?
>>
File: 1442513442486.png (94 KB, 1435x478) Image search: [Google]
1442513442486.png
94 KB, 1435x478
If you haven't read Myth of Sisyphus yet I would recommend it. It's only like 120 pages so you can smash through it if need be. It doesn't completely satisfy me though but I can't think of anything better. Stoicism looks cool too
>>
File: 1445558124202.jpg (227 KB, 1173x392) Image search: [Google]
1445558124202.jpg
227 KB, 1173x392
Not existential but interesting
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-26-02-11-51.png (219 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-26-02-11-51.png
219 KB, 1080x1920
If you do find some sort of meaning or goal do you exclude yourself from all else? Will you be under the constant pressure of that impending doom procrastination elicits? When there is no goal, a nap isn't some sin against some goal or assignment, it simply becomes a nap.

I don't know how one lives without goals though. It's probably just making experience the goal.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-29-23-36-15.png (357 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-29-23-36-15.png
357 KB, 1080x1920
>>28415291
The first part of your post was pretty cringey desu. Just look into existentialism and read a bunch. If you can't be added then read the SEP articles for the big name philosophers. I hope I could be of some help.

I hope the thread doesn't immediately die but /r9k/ gets a lot of this stuff. I might partake in musings soon enough, but I'm going to try to limit my time here. Good luck faggot
>>
The things you've listed---war, rich people, poor people, homeless people, tortured people, evil organizations---have not always existed, and they won't always exist. Furthermore, it can't be the case that nobody ever changed anything, because things have changed. We do have some control over how things will turn out. It seems to me, what you're getting at is that it's very tricky and there's a lot of inertia behind things that are happening now. Yes, of course, but then Goebbels didn't submit to that kind of fatalism.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.