[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be NEET >want to get a trade >be australian >hear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: pepe loser.gif (33 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
pepe loser.gif
33 KB, 489x423
>be NEET
>want to get a trade
>be australian
>hear how easy it is in the USA
>just sign up and presto you get qualified
>meanwhile in australia
>have to know someone in the FBI (Friends, brothers, inlawns) or CIA (cousins, inlaws, aunties) who is already trade qualified
>they have to sign you up and mentor you for 4 years
>or apply to a job advert
>literally more chance of winning the lottery

JUST
REFORM
>>
My uncle is an electrician
My cousin (his son) is his apprentice
All they do is smoke ciggies and zap zap all day

Why do you even want to be a tradie anon?
Is it the appeal of the high vis shirts and that people would notice you because youre wearing clothing brighter than the sun?
>>
>>28414218

tradie life is GOAT when you get qualified

>charge upwards of $50 an hour
>set your own hours basically
>rarely do any tough work
>put on apprentices and make them do all the heavy lifting, etc
>>
>>28414260
you're not the one making the overhead bozo
>>
>>28414218
>Why do you even want to be a tradie anon?
>Is it the appeal of the high vis shirts

Yes

> and that people would notice you because youre wearing clothing brighter than the sun?

Yes

and the money
>>
>>28414165

Couple things... First, in america, you gotta do all that shit also if you want to become an electrician, plumber, welder, etc.. If you want to make shit money, you can go be a general laborer or contractor with little qualifications. Otherwise you are talking about years of training.

Second, if you're problem is that you can't find someone to take you on as an apprentice, than it's time for you to man the fuck up. Seriously. People in the trades will actually greatly respect someone who is really determined, so you need to start aggressively applying to jobs, and then following through by going to their shop or whatever and trying to convince them that you will work harder than anyone else, you will work weekends, nights, mornings, afternoons, whenever you need to. If all that fails, tell them you will work for a week for no pay, if they will consider hiring you at the end of the end of the week or whatever.

The point is, if you seriously want to work in the trades, than you need to work your ass off for a minimum of 5 years before you can't start reliably
>>
>>28414304
Knew it

Although yeah >>28414260 has some good points

Im not a tradie myself obviously, just a poor unifag who fell for the "just do what you love" meme
Will probably end up making fat stax when/if i get hired by the jews tho
>>
go and do your enrolled nursing at tafe. its easy as shit, you graduate in a year, you can get a scholarship so its free and it pays 27 an hour
>>
>>28414371
What benefit is it? Surely you'd want to qualify as an RN with a degree
>>
>>28414543
Lol they're undercutting new RNs with ENs at public hospitals in the ACT because they cost less.
>>
>>28414318
you dont understand. we are so strung up in red tape down here that working odd hours and without pay is more hassle for the employer than its worth. also they subsidize businesses that employ non whites and females. if you are an average white dude the usually dont even look at the resume.
>>
>>28414371
I'd rather kill myself with dignity than become a male nurse
>>
>>28414649
>non whites and females

With all the diversity shit going on I have really honestly been tempted to say I'm an aboriginal woman
>>
>>28414165

>Be me and help my brother out with his business
>He is a tradie (Welder)
>Fucking hate welding
>Have to cut and drill holes in steel
>Gets me to go to site and everyone we meet is a fuckhead who treats us like shit
>Get lots of money but its not really worth it because of all the shitty people
>Quit because my brother is treating me like shit

Fuck trades, I spoke to a building contractor and he said he was working 7 days a week building houses and that he hasn't had a break from it (He started doing it like 8 months ago).

Tradie life seems like suffering to me, especially on site work.
>>
>>28414706
i did an experiment about a year ago where i pretty much applied for about 10ish jobs once as myself and once as a female with the same qualifications and very similar resumes. got through to the next stage twice as me, but all ten times as a female
>>
>>28414570
same in nsw. im working full time while i finish my RNs now. I work psych as well so i just make sure no one kills themselves and fight junkies when they get out of line. good job 10/10
>>
>>28414759
I had that too.. I had applied for hundreds of jobs over 5 months .. no responses

Sent out 3 really shitty applications as a female ... all 3 replied ASAP

Just remember to check your male privilige
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.