[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask A Substitute Teacher Anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: Sex Ed.jpg (86 KB, 800x733) Image search: [Google]
Sex Ed.jpg
86 KB, 800x733
I'm a 23 year old who dreams of being a professor (won't disclose the subject, I don't wanna start one of 'those' debates) and started substitute teaching this year. I taught a total of nine classes thus far. Do you have any questions for an educator?
>>
>>28413501
>>28413501
inb4 philosophy teacher
how doe sit feel as a robot? do you think you'd be a different teacher if you weren't?
>>
i am also a substitute because i want to get hired on as a teacher for the district

are you happy to do what we do?

i had a taste of teaching during my student teacher semester, and being a substitute feels like exclusively the lame parts of being a teacher
>>
>>28413515
Well, I think I would be more social with students and other teachers if I was a normie, but on the upside I have few distractions while working (as 4chan is banned in the school I work at) BTW, it's defiantly NOT philosophy.
>>
>>28413564
To be honest, I'm just building a resume and earning a little side money (as so I don't starve). I'm kinda indifferent to it.
>>
>>28413566
defiantly, so was it at some point an option you very angrily turned your back on?
what kinda stuff do you like teaching?
do you feel safer knowing you can't build a rapport with the students?
>>
>>28413590
your post is the reason why it's so terrible to me

to spend 8.5 hours a day doing something i'm indifferent to is horrible

i have no content to give these kids
i can't possibly learn all of their names or make connections

substitute teaching is worse than babysitting because at least then i could just fuck around on my phone
>>
>>28413501
>I dont wanna start one of "those" debates

You already did. We smell the filthy lefty on you. Get our of here you liberal arts sack of SHIT
>>
>>28413611
Slow down nigger. My opinions rarely come into factor, but when they do I teach it anyway. Dealing shitty propaganda is better than starving isn't it?
>>28413632
It's boring and I'm too indifferent for it to leave an immediate impact on me, but I'm only going to do it for a few years so I'm okay with this.
>>28413650
Eat a dick.
>>
>>28413501
how many students have you had sex with?
did you cum?
how old were they?
what is your bra size?
>>
>>28413811
I never fucked a student. Most of them are assholes so I don't even want to.
>>
>>28413501
Probably some stupid shit like sociology or gender studies
>>
>>28413777
i mean did you angrily turn your back on philosophy (you said defiantly, not definitely, i wasn't sure if that was on purpose or not)
>>
Substitute teaching is literally babysitting. How much do you actually "teach"? Worksheets?

I admire anyone who can do it (I did student teaching but never went into teaching).

Subs at my high school (and it was a private school so no real "problems") made fun of most of our subs all the time.
>>
>>28413834
No, I never wanted to take a philosophical class, it would be a waste of time and money. If I want a good philosophy education I would just buy a philosophical book or research philosophical ideas. However, I do like some fields such as nihilism and cynicism.
>>28413831
You know there are other types of professors right? I mean, do you get all your knowledge of higher education from low budget conservative films or something?
>>
>>28413632
substitute teaching sucks, yea. the kids don't respect you at all because you're just there to make sure no one does something stupid and the pay is shit.
>>
>>28413829
you didn't answer my last question
what is your bra size?
>>
>>28413916
The only subject anyone would find controversial here is some sjw shit. Why don't you get a real job you stupid bitch glorified baby sitter
>>
>>28413916
>However, I do like some fields such as nihilism and cynicism.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28413907
I usually just give worksheets and shit, unless it's testing season I usually don't do much. Sometimes I just let my students do what they want after they finish their work.
>>28413931
I don't wear a bra, I'm a man. Pic related is just a picture I found on a chatroom. I'm only using it because it's the only teaching related picture I have.
>>28413950
Because I'm still in college and there are almost no available jobs in my current vicinity.
>>
>>28413988
Why dont you try to teach a real subject
>>
>>28414040
What do you mean? I just teach what I'm told to. I can't exactly give a lecture to a bunch of high schoolers.

I said I didn't want to say what I wanted to be a professor of, but to prove I'm not an ess jay dubya, fuck it. It's history, I'm planning on professing history.
>>
>>28413988
why arent you a girl?
>>
How do I become a substitute teacher?
>>
>>28414106
I have XY chromosomes and a penis.
>>28414107
I live in Oregon so I needed to be approved by the teachers standards and practices commission. It is suggested to have at least an associate's degree and educational training, but it depends on where you live so I suggest you just look it up for your area.
>>
>>28414086
Are you going to teach how Africa was an advanced utopia before white savages ruined everything?
>>
>>28414313
It wasn't though. With the exception of high-class people and rulers, Africans have been living really shitfully forever.
>>
>>28414214
>I have XY chromosomes and a penis
yeah but i want to have sex with a girl
>>
>>28414379
Hire a prostitute than. If you live in a reasonably populated town there ae going to be some.
>>
>>28414362
Africans are the dumbest race ever apart from sand niggers
>>
>>28413501
>who dreams of being a professor
You'll never be a fucking professor, for that you'd actually need to amount to something.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.