[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone else not actually feel the need to connect with others?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 1462575995227.jpg (40 KB, 452x363) Image search: [Google]
1462575995227.jpg
40 KB, 452x363
does anyone else not actually feel the need to connect with others?
i keep on telling people this, but every time i tell them, they tell me that i must be mistaken, that there must be some reason why i'm wrong about myself and that i am not actually like this.

I do not feel the need to connect to other people.

i have learned to care about people in an intellectual way, but i have never felt the need to connect with others. when i was a small child, this bothered me because i was told i was supposed to love god. i had no desire and felt no need to love god, and i though i was doomed to hell. i realized then that other people had a feeling that was beyond their control to need to connect. i never felt this. it is not something that can be changed about me, it is not something that has been suppressed.

I do not have a need to connect to others.

it is not that i think i do not, i never have felt the need to connect. never. i never felt any sort of longing or wish, for people i knew, or even for the idea of a companion. i have felt attraction to people, and also a slight emotional attraction cause by my natural urge to reproduce, but i never felt the need to connect with them. people will tell me that i am wrong, that every human has a basic need to connect with others, and i must just not have met the right person. but i know, that if i was the only person in existence, or somewhere i would never have the possibility to meet another person, i would not feel like anything was missing. i would be content to be left alone forever. people cannot understand this, so they think i am either arrogant, or edgy. they tell me that it is a basic human need, and that every human feels it.
does anyone feel this, or rather, have the lack of feeling?
>>
File: 1462582427554.png (314 KB, 486x455) Image search: [Google]
1462582427554.png
314 KB, 486x455
does anyone understand this? i can't be the only one, right?
>>
>>28411707
Sorry, can't say I do. Sounds fucked up, see a therapist maybe?
>>
File: 1462586924376.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462586924376.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
i guess i really am alone in the universe
>>
To be honest I really feel no intrinsic need to connect with others, nor to reproduce even. My rational brain however acknowledges that maintaining healthy relationships with others is critical to survival, and it is my rational brain that distresses me into feeling the "need" to build relationships with others.
>>
>>28411858
but i don't want to see a therapist
it's got nothing to do with anything that happened to me, i just don't feel any want to connect with others. friends are somewhat enjoyable, because hanging out is something to pass the time, but anytime i'm spending time with another person, i just feel bored and want to leave and do something else, and just be left alone
>>
>>28411881
i guess the reason it bothers me, is because i feel uncomfortable about people who care about me and try to connect with me, because i don't actually want to connect to anyone, and i can't find it in me to care about other people.
>>
>>28411922
Well if you're happy that way, then it's not a problem. If you're unhappy and feel like something is wrong, you should see a therapist.
>>
>>28411963
Been there. I just use the fact that I don't really care about anyone to be a great friend to them regardless of who they are

Sometimes they don't appreciate you. Some of them you can't help. But some may come to depend on you or seek truth from you, and it's up to you to decide what to do with that
>>
File: 1462645688313.jpg (95 KB, 424x362) Image search: [Google]
1462645688313.jpg
95 KB, 424x362
>>28411707
i feel societal pressure to connect because if i don't i'm branded a social failure, but in reality i'm fine being alone and don't think i'm meant to connect

i've been alone with no relationships and no communication with the outside world except for 4chan for 8 years

i don't want to connect, i don't need to connect, i get my fill of human connection through other means like music, art, film, literature and other human expressions
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.