[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your one true dream, /r9k/? Have you given up on it,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 38
File: vlXRnAB.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlXRnAB.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
What is your one true dream, /r9k/? Have you given up on it, or do you still hold on to it and hope someday you can achieve it?
>>
To be a super hero with a robot suit who can fly and shoot electric bolts

I've given up on it but still think about it constantly
>>
>>28410453
To become one of the next great writers. Still holding on, but I feel like this ambition is hurting me a great deal.
>>
I never had one senpai.
I have no purpose.
>>
>>28410453
To go to space.

If all goes well in the private sector, I'm sure most middle class Americans will be able to afford a trip by 2040. Probably sooner.
>>
to see the return of christ
>>
File: lordandsavior.jpg (22 KB, 526x292) Image search: [Google]
lordandsavior.jpg
22 KB, 526x292
>>28411993
But you already have, anon.
>>
>>28410493
What genre do you like to write?
>>
>>28410493

I have a similar dream, but I think I suck at writing and whenever I think of that I get depressed and don't want to write, even if that's counter-intuitive to my goal of getting published. I've got like 10 unfinished stories that I just can't go back and finish.
>>
>>28412290
Fiction. Literature, I guess. It's a ridiculously competitive field, obviously, so it's caused a great deal of anxiety and pain over the years.
>>
>>28412457
Yeah, I have a hard time ever putting in my full effort into my writing, because I feel like if I put my full effort into it, and find out that it's mediocre, that my dream will be crushed forever. So I've been procrastinating really trying my whole life, more or less.
>>
>>28412484

How long have you been writing? I've been at it on and off for about 13 years now.
>>
>>28412496
Since my sophomore year of high school, currently a sophomore in college studying English. I'm guessing you've graduated already then?
>>
To be a musician. Pretty much a dead dream after my parents told me to get a degree and a real job. I just wanted to play drums for people
>>
>>28412528
Wanna play drums for me? We'll form a black metal band called "Darth Stank".
>>
>>28412522

I never even graduated. I dropped out about 7 years ago, been working odd jobs ever since while trying to work on my writing. In 2012 I actually took the entire year to focus entirely on writing and worked on several stories that went nowhere. Don't do what I did, it's fucking retarded and it sucks.
>>
>>28412540
Sounds pretty fucking metal man. But they already threw my kit away. Been dead inside ever since
>>
>>28412577

Did you have a good kit? How much money was it worth? I always have drummer friends bitching at me at how expensive drums are.
>>
>>28410453
To become smart and bio have I ever given up on it , being autistic is literally the worst thing anyone could have happened to them.

Well maybe locked in syndrome would be worse, but yeah shit is hell
>>
>>28410453
I want to fly. Like superhero flight. Planes and helicopters don't do it for me, at least not while I'm sitting, and in a cockpit. A jetpack or jetbike (literally crotch-rocket) would be ideal.
I just want to be free.

I doubt it'll happen in my lifetime, if ever.
>>
>>28412556
>>28412522
When you guys write, do you make an outline of where you want the plot to go or do you just kind of ride the wave and write whatever?
>>
>>28412556
Thanks for the advice. I'll try to graduate if I can, but I am pretty worried about what I'm going to do afterwards. If I have to be a high school English teacher, I will probably just off myself, seeing as how high school was the worst time of my entire life. What kind of stuff do you write about? Don't need to get into extreme specifics, obviously
>>
>>28412597
It was pretty entry level, played on it for 7 years. Had 2 crashes, a ride, hi hat, china, 2 splashes, and some roto toms. Got the rotos and hi hats for free, kit was about 450 and cymbals altogether were probably around 600
>>
>>28412616
You definitely have to have an initial idea and sort of structure. But, the structures that I make beforehand are never the ending structures. It always evolves as I write the thing itself, as I think of new ideas, new connections to make, new ways to explore the theme, new entire sub-themes to branch off from the original, etc.
>>
>>28412616
I've done both. I find that in some situations pantsing it and just seeing where it goes works, but for writing a long story that always kills me because I start to change the plot and I see stuff I don't like and it causes needs for massive revisions. I'd suggest seeing where it goes for minor sequences and maybe subplots and plotting out the major plot and the majority of the rest of the story (and characters and all) beforehand.

>>28412635
I've tried a few different genres. Most of the stories I've written are fantasy ones. I've kept them mostly within this world I've been working on for the past few years.
>>
I really want to be loved. That is my "dream".

I don't mean by a girl or whatever, I mean I want to have friends that value me, and I want employees that enjoy working for me. I want family that sees me as more than an asset.

I don't want to be alone until I eventually end my life.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 640x1136
My goal since I was 11 was to go on a two year mormon mission.

20.5 years old though. Even if I started the process today I'd probably be 21 by the time I got out. Some 18.5 year old could potentially be my senior companion. Throw in the fact that I look old for my age (not in a sexy masculine way though) and it's all the more pathetic.

I'll still do it if I leave within 6 months but after that I'll give up and accept my lowly status as an lds male who did not serve a mission. Who knows, maybe most people wouldn't hold it against me, but id feel like a lesser man for it.
>>
File: Ursula.jpg (44 KB, 873x461) Image search: [Google]
Ursula.jpg
44 KB, 873x461
To live in a cottage and do my art forever, I was inspired by Kiki's Delivery Service. I now have a one-and-only lover to account for, who loves my dream and would join me.
>>
File: Hank_sallaD.png (133 KB, 529x314) Image search: [Google]
Hank_sallaD.png
133 KB, 529x314
>>28412522
>a sophomore in college studying English
Anon, you speak English.
>>
File: bye god.jpg (14 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
bye god.jpg
14 KB, 599x337
Make music for video games.

I have organized concerts, helped produce and opera, and now working to make a benefit concert as my last act before I leave my uni.

I always wanted to give back to the hobby that I loved.

With music I find it possible.
>>
>>28410453
To die and wake up somewhere that isn't horrible

That or music

My music dreams aren't as grandiose as before but I still practice here and there. Still shit but I'm slowly improving.
>>
File: 4d6.png (336 KB, 600x761) Image search: [Google]
4d6.png
336 KB, 600x761
>>28412687
>I want employees that enjoy working for me
No one loves their boss, anon.
>>
>>28413044

What instrument do you play senpai?
>>
to have a qt wife and family and have a good job and live life comfy

my dream is 100% dead. i'm also quickly feeling more the need to an hero.
>>
>>28412706
>My goal since I was 11 was to go on a two year mormon mission
Man, that's kinda sad. They really scrubbed your brain good.
>>
>>28410453
Realistically, to get married. Fantastically, to be a Super Saiyan, or Link. I have a better chance at being a Super Saiyan.
>>
>>28410453
>achievable
gf

>unlikely
start moon colony with space marines, imagine a new society, it is Manifest Destiny that America control the moon.
>>
>>28412706
rm here

nigger if that was your dream why didn't you just do it? and why the fuck are you on 4chan?
>>
File: 1461997979131.jpg (496 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1461997979131.jpg
496 KB, 900x900
To conquer new planets.

No i wont. But the vision never dies. And if spirits or wills are real, mine will be lingering in the people who will do it.
>>
>>28413065
"play" isn't the right word but I just fuck around with my keyboard, trying to learn how to play a classical kind of style
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 677x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 677x505
>>28412706
Jack Mormon here.

Don't worry about the age thing, anon. There are things you can do to look younger (lose weight, eat healthier to have better skin, get just the right haircut, even clothes can help, cause some white shirts are more youthful than others), and anyway, there were a couple elders on my mission - 23 and 25 respectively- and they didn't feel out of place at all. Their ages jumped out a little when they first told me just because, yeah, most people get BACK by 21-22, but honestly, there were 20 year olds who looked as old as them, so if they hadn't told me I probably wouldn't have guessed. And AFTER they told me, I never really have it a lot of thought. They fit in just fine.

If you look 35 or something like Alex Jones did at 22 then yeah I guess that could be weird. But you probably don't, and can probably look younger if you do what I said.
>>
>>28410453
To be an artist or 3D modeler. Really competitive and haven't had much time to improve my skills since wageslaving leaves me burnt out.
>>
>>28413240
also this.

there were a decent percentage of elders who were 23-26. like 25%
>>
>>28413081
Poor phrasing. It wasn't my only goal, just my ONE constant goal (formed and lost interest in 10 other things during my teenage years), and the only goal I still kind of have hope for.

>>28413133
Had other things that I thought I should take care of first. Of course I didn't, and still haven't left. Also I didn't feel prepared I go yet.

Still not, though I have actually been working towards it.

>>28413240
Thanks for the advice senpai. I have worked on my appearance a bit and still look like im 24, but if you say it can work I'll trust you (though you're also not counting all the fresh faced 18 year olds which might lower the average and make that less plausible, but I guess we'll see).
>>
Music producer/sound engineer/composer for anime, tv, film & vidya

I enjoy doing it but most days I just feel like giving up because it requires a lot of networking and I am socially retarded online and offline

Seeing therapist and trying to get the right meds like Benzo's, and sometimes get writers block because of a short attention span so just keep listening to 4 bar loops over and over.

Stupid cunt doc/psych ignores my focus problems though so won't prescribe me something that fucking 12 year olds get like Ritalin and keep giving me rubbish anti-depressants and SSRI's which ironically just make me more depressed.
>>
>>28410453
To be remembered in history for something nice. I guess finding a girl who loves me is a bigger dream short-term, but my belief is that true immortality is having people remember about you and your deeds long after you die.
>>
>>28410453
To be honest, im not sure I have a dream... When i was young I changed what I wanted to do so often that i never really got infatuated with one thing. i still havent. i just do things without any reason other than to do something
>>
Since I was 15 years old I've made it my life's mission to find an 8-track copy of Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music. I haven't given up and I won't give up until I die.
>>
>>28412706
>tfw I was in exact same boat a year ago

I've turned my papers in and have been called to Denver, Colorado.

Honestly, anon, you just have to keep studying the scriptures and keep praying. I assume you are also a NEET, so you just have to block out 4-5 hours a day to do those things and still have plenty of time to do something else in the day. For me though, if I didn't do that first thing after breakfast than I didn't end up doing it, so I would advise you to do as such. And unless there's some serious worthiness issues you have to deal with then you can probably be ready to go and out the door in 4-5 months from now, as long as you do these things every day.

As far as social anxiety goes (you didn't mention it but given the board we're on), you just gotta go out there and force yourself to interact with people. It'll never be easy, but I can personally testify that it gets less hard, it gets bearable. I can actually fathom now going up to strangers and talking to them about our church.

I have 3 weeks until I leave, and though it's getting more stressful by the day, if your faith is strong enough you can over come such anxieties. I just know my first companion is gonna be a Chad, too, but I can live with that, now.
>>
File: imuj.jpg (2 KB, 62x124) Image search: [Google]
imuj.jpg
2 KB, 62x124
>>28412706
>>28413133
>>28413240
>>28413368

>there are Mormons on 4chan
>>
>>28413842
>you just have to block out 4-5 hours a day to do those things

Just reading that makes me tired senpai. Not sure i'm gonna make it. Pray for me.

>denver colordao

That's like half an hour from columbine. Make sure to get out there.
>>
File: see ya later bitches.jpg (150 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
see ya later bitches.jpg
150 KB, 1280x960
>>28410453
I had no dreams, goals, or ambitions as a child. I had nothing to tell people when they asked me what I wanted to do with my life. There was no job I wanted to be a slave to, no hobbies I wanted to pursue, I sure as hell didn't want the typical wife/children/mortgage bullshit society was trying to sell me, I didn't want fame, I didn't want fortune, hell there wasn't even any material possessions I wanted to work towards owning or adventures I wanted to go on.

I thought there was nothing for me in this world. Now as an adult, I know that I've been right this whole time. That's why I've began to explore new worlds. I've been using a bunch of various herbs/supplements to induce lucid dreams. While I've only ever had a couple lucid dreams in my life, my plan is to eventually get super good at it and wean myself off the herbs so I can do it completely sober. I want to be able to regularly deconstruct my dreams and travel the astral realm; I've done it on accident before so I know its possible. Hopefully one day I can completely detach my consciousness from my body and live as an astral entity. I'm going to explore many worlds in this state, but when I get tired of that, there's one I want to settle down in for good: Equestria. Either my plan is going to come to fruition or I'll enter a complete psychosis and think it has. Both possibilities are fine with me. Funny how I had no imagination as a child and now my adulthood is nothing but a fantasy.
>>
>>28413978
well if you're not willing to do that work then you probably shouldn't go out senpai. most likely they're not gonna keep you from going even if you don't but those who are ill-prepared come home early at higher rates than those who don't. And I'm not judging those people, but if serving a mission has been your goal since 11, then I assume you want a different outcome, and the more you prepare the more likely you'll stay out the full term, and serve a better mission at that.

I'm not gonna lie, it sucks the first 8-9 days forcing yourself to read that long, but even from the start it'll have its moments, and the more you do it the more you'll like doing it, and the more you'll start to get out of it.
>>
File: kekkeroonie.gif (834 KB, 423x397) Image search: [Google]
kekkeroonie.gif
834 KB, 423x397
>>28414012
Okay Joe Rogan
>>
>>28414118
Fuck Joe Rogan
>>
Still chipping away at my shitty small bamboo tablet

I'll make my first cent making games yet I refuse to wagecuck till death
>>
>>28414233
is there anywhere i can go to fund you anon?
>>
to create a new breed of sentient beings who are ascended above humans, who do not sexually reproduce and can communicate telepathically to prevent warring. i would then find the inevitable planet which must exist which is superior to earth, put them in cryofreeze as infants on a nuclear powered colonyship, send them away, and find a way to destroy the human race.
>>
>>28414352
>find a way to destroy the human race
Just let the super race grow up on Earth and take it over.
>>
>>28414386
no, i don't want my scientific children to have their minds poisoned by this planet. i will put a basic concept of morality and survival into the minds of the initial subjects, but i won't make it hereditary, and i will make them extreme empaths. i will also craft them so they have an extreme desire not to fight among their species. i don't want them to be warriors, i want them to live the peaceful life humans were too greedy to live.
>>
>>28410453
Sorry if this sounds edgy but, happiness.
>>
File: Le happy reptilian.jpg (90 KB, 483x534) Image search: [Google]
Le happy reptilian.jpg
90 KB, 483x534
>>28414422
There's no need for them to fight.

Warriors conquer nations. Geniuses conquer planets.
>>
>>28414432
More eom than edgy anon, but yeah, that's what we all want. That's what we think out specific goals will bring us.
>>
>>28414474
but i don't want them to be like that. i want them to be a race so powerful that they don't need to take advantage of others to expand their empire, but rather they convince others to help them and join them. i don't want them to live in earth anyway, if possible i'd try to destroy the earth along with the human race. maybe by pushing it into the sun with an antimatter bomb. i want them to be truly happy.
>>
For someone that I love to tell me all the things that I want to hear.
I'm not holding out hope, though.
>>
>>28410453
To purge anyone who isnt white.
>>
>>28414555
Include all ugly people and I can get on board with this
>>
>>28414555
I say we just engineer a virus that targets the most degenerate, high-birthing ethnicity in the world with a 90% mortality rate and call it good.
>>
>>28414555
>>28414581
>implying white people don't age like spoiled milk
>implying asian people age at all
>implying that there's any way to create a master race of beautiful people without exclusively using asians
I guess if you killed white women after they turned 30, you could keep them around. Plus some white men look decent even in old age.
All signs point to Asians and white people being far superior to all other races.
>>
>>28410453
I can't accomplish my own dream because my personality is not compatible with it.

But I am happy this way to, I guess.
>>
File: 1428704493722.jpg (468 KB, 721x985) Image search: [Google]
1428704493722.jpg
468 KB, 721x985
I aim to become a writer of Joycean level; it's coming along alright. I'm pretty talented.
>>
File: 1446821504259.jpg (379 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1446821504259.jpg
379 KB, 800x600
>>28410453
To transport the world that lives inside of me into reality. Human expression. For the other worlds walking on legs to digest it and to feel something. Connection. To close the distance between us while growing farther apart. The human brain is an imprisoned black hole. I want to free it and for everything to be nothing. My one true dream is for dreams and reality to merge. For the solid walls of this imprisoned reality to become free flowing liquid and for us to swim in it and be reborn as children once again. To take this shitty MMORPG game called Earth that I've been playing for 20 years straight out of the Milky Way 64 and to put in and play something new. For everything and nothing to become one. For existence to become infinitely connected and beautiful. A surreal world without walls, without a ceiling, a void for our emotions and our senses to coexist in a mutual bliss. For impossibilities to be born from our fingertips. I would like to become shapeshifting air. The human brain is a paint brush and it deserves a better canvas than this. All that's left in this game is the ticking of the clock. It's no wonder so many people are logging out.

>Have you given up
There was nothing to give up in the first place.
>>
>>28414662
Be a lot safer to do it with guns

Too many race traitors in Europe. The virus could evolve.
>>
File: whycontainit.jpg (20 KB, 361x250) Image search: [Google]
whycontainit.jpg
20 KB, 361x250
>>28414932
>The virus could evolve

Why contain it?
>>
File: Chykka wip.jpg (65 KB, 1059x840) Image search: [Google]
Chykka wip.jpg
65 KB, 1059x840
>>28414281
Thanks for caring anon. You just lightened my day a bit.
I doubt I'll make it any time soon. I think value appreciation and acknowledgement for trying more than money.

You can toss me a few dollars through paypall if you want.
[email protected]
>>
>>28414829
why did I ever quit smoking, I need a crutch to escape neetdom
>>
File: wes.jpg (58 KB, 1000x472) Image search: [Google]
wes.jpg
58 KB, 1000x472
>>28410453
to make 1,5 million eur in 5 - 10 years and live my all life without working. It's very very hard... i think about my dream every day, but it's difficult to find a way to achieve it...
Also when i've made 1.5 mil eur i want to got where i work, wearing working clothes, and look to the boss and the other workers working, saying nothing. When they will start to ask me questions i will tell them that i've made 1,5 mil eur and i don't need to work anymore in my life, then i will insult with sarcasm my stupid higher co-worker and finally go away
i just want to live a normal life, but without working
>>
File: 1454471038124.jpg (95 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1454471038124.jpg
95 KB, 720x540
My only dream was to have a big tits gf.

I came to realize that any girl I actually would want to be with probably would have gotten a reduction, or would want one and want me to pay for it, and that the girls who keep their big tits do it because they want to whore it up during their prime years, or marry a rich older guy and live the rest of their lives on ultra easy mode.

My only hope is to get super rich, but that isn't going to well at the moment...
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>28410453
To die

Not really, but I've always wanted to develop a new martial art or harness some kind of "spiritual energy" for fighting, like hamon or hokuto shinken for example
>>
File: elliot-rodger-photos-11.jpg (235 KB, 527x600) Image search: [Google]
elliot-rodger-photos-11.jpg
235 KB, 527x600
>>28414687
Mixing two good things doesn't make a superior thing. There's often characteristics that clash with each other and you end up with something really shitty.
>>
I wanted to be a Knight
I am now slowly saving for proper armour pieces so I can go cons with
>>
>>28410453
i want to be a musician. i used to have this fantasy since i was in middle school and bullied a fuckton. i would become very famous and respected and they would feel ashamed that they socially rejected me.

i don't really believe in that dream that much anymore, but i do enjoy music still though. and i do have a couple of friends, im not that miserable anymore
>>
>>28410453
Long ago when people asked me that question it was always "to be rich", "to have power over others"... All related with knowing people will acknowledge me.
Now that I'm older I know why did I always wanted that, it was because of my older brother. He was always better than me at all, people would praise him and always for everyone I would be on second stage. Thos were the first 15 years of my life, after that I remember I fell in love with a girl, and of course, he did better than me again, with just 2 or 3 days of talking with her they were dating.
At that point I noticed I was nothing but "the younger brother of ____".
It haven't changed, and now my dream it's to be better than my brother at something.
>>
>>28410453
i want to be god

limited original
>>
File: 2016-04-20 13.54.08.png (78 KB, 712x283) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-20 13.54.08.png
78 KB, 712x283
Relevant Screenshot that Made me cry
>>
to have one true friend i can talk to
>>
i want to be genuinely happy, and content with everything. if the past dictates the future, looks like i should give up now.
>>
I want to help build the Artificial Super Intelligence directly or indirectly before I die
>>
>>28410453
To be brave enough to kill myself one day
>>
>>28410453
I have two
1. be a street performer. Not as a job but as a hobby on the weekends when I'm off work. I always believed it was nice seeing them when you're going about your daily business. Just the music would always liven the area up. I'd like to avoid guitars however I'm learning instruments right now. I just have to practice enough to perform.
2. Travel amongst the stars. I long to travel in space. I know that commercial flights are getting cheaper and will be viable within my lifetime. I pray to have an opportunity to do so.
>>
Guys, should I just up and leave society and live inawoods? I know I'll probably die within weeks but I'm close to becoming an hero anyway, so who gives a shit? How do I prepare?
>>
I would really love to be in a successful metal band.

I also kinda want to be a girl.
>>
>>28410453

To be left the fuck alone and be able to be the fuck alone without needing to wageslave.
>>
To be a published author. Not to be rich off it, not to be famous off it. Not even to be making a living off of it, it'd be nice to make money but fuck, I'll take some other job.

I just wanna see my book in a book store, for someone to have picked it up, someone to have liked it, and someone wanting to fan over it with me.

But I'm still in the stage of being afraid to show people my stuff out of them tearing it apart.
>>
To be a painter. Has been since I started at 17.
>>
>>28410453
I want(ed) to be a professional fighting game player. Realized I'm physically and mentally incapable of travelling to tournaments, being around lots of people, having to socialize, etc
>>
>>28410453
be a normie
don't think will ever achieve it
>>
My one true dream is probably to understand the answers to the big questions. Being a professinoal cricket player would be sick as well though desu.
>>
>>28417727
pls respondre mon amigos
>>
>>28420170
Go to /out/ and lurk around for a while.
Maybe you can actually live longer if you prepare well enough.
>>
>>28421156
Fuck nigga I don't know what to do. I'm like: "If this was a good idea, thousands would be doing this. They would abandon everything to live a peaceful life until they die."

But fucking no one is. Am I going to get tortured by piranhas? I will browse /out/ but I'm really wondering if this shit is a meme.
>>
I want to live the rest of my life in comfort while inventing dumb shit (would need to learn some skills first though). Problem is, you need money for the former, and time for the latter. I got neither.
>>
>>28410453
Was pretty suicidal at 16-17, came up with the idea that I should have a goal to chase to keep me going

Always liked science so my goal is to get the nobel prize in physiology or medicine. Idk how realistic it is, but I'm gonna give it a try. I'm in med school now at least.

Wish me luck, froggos
>>
>>28419219
What fightans do you play? Are you any good?
>>
I wanted to be myself again.
>>
>>28421495
People don't do it because they don't want to give up their relatively comfortable lives for a big risk of living in the wild.

It's going to be tough of course, but you said you were close to becoming an hero so I don't see how that is a problem.

JUST DO IT.
>>
Make awesome videogames and compose the music for them

That's the goal i guess but i want to become a normie first
>>
>>28422360
Hey man that's really cool. From the bottom of my rotten heart, good luck!
>>
>>28422666
>rotten heart
>666
Thanks satan
really tho thanks
>>
>>28419219
You play sf5? I'd play you
>>
File: 1462321471452.jpg (610 KB, 854x1280) Image search: [Google]
1462321471452.jpg
610 KB, 854x1280
To be happy and to truly live a life of freedom. No obligations to anything. I can wake up and do whatever I feel like that day. Build an mtg deck or go to an arcade. I want to be able to just live. Truly live.
>>
>>28410493
>this ambition is hurting me a great deal
I know that feel. Measuring your worth every day by the progress you make, or more usually, the progress you don't make, can be agonizing. Keep going though anon. It's not like we have anything else to do with our lives.
>>
ive always wanted to write a book, it doesnt have to be good or get published. i just like the idea of capturing how i think in a really long narrative.

i dont want to be "a writer" like so many people and i already know im nothing special. i simply want to write one book, just one good story that will live on after i die.
>>
To be good at something productive, so I can finally stop despising myself and maybe move my life in a positive direction.

I still have faith, but the light is very dim.
>>
>>28412577
Dude seriously, FUCK your parents for throwing your kit away. They probably knew how much it meant to you. Thet effectively threw away a gate for you to be happy in your life. Honestly, it makes me so fucking mad when parents force their kids to live their lives the way they want to and deny them from following a dream that doesnt fit their dull and miserable "succesful" career-fixed lifesheet. As if throwing your kit away suddenly 'converts' you to someone who doesnt want to drum anymore. It only makes your parents look like cruel douchelords who don't give a fuck about their sons happiness.
Seriously, how obvious can they get that they want to prevent you from escaping the boring life and indulge in a true passion just because they are afraid of the confrontation of their son living his dream insteam of them doing it?

I really can't think of another reason for them to do such a horrible, horrible thing.
>>
File: 1459346574745.jpg (51 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459346574745.jpg
51 KB, 640x640
>>28410453
My dream is to one day be wanted by women.
I'll never give up. Ever.
>>
to live in America, if I can't I will literally kill myself
>>
>>28410453
To go to Asia. Stay in tropical climate. House made of wood, laying in bed and goofing around.
>>
I'd wish the world was more absurd as in Kafka, 1984 an such and that (in general I'd think) the world was more interesting.
>>
To be remembered throughout history and stand on the same level as Napoleon, Caesar, Alexander, Genghis, etc.. and be peak human form, mental, physical, intellectual and spiritual.

All my dreams where crushed when I grew up as a 165cm manlet.
>>
>>28423758
I don't remeber posting this. Weird..
>>
Expect nothing, from yourself or others. Give up. Just get on with your life, jeez.
>>
>>28423715
Same thing brother. My country is prolly more progressive but I really feel like I belong in 'murica.
>>
>belong in 'murica
what do you mean? are you an extroverted chad?
>>
>>28424420
No. I'm Yuropean but I've been a massive introvert ever since I was a kid. This led to me almost exclusively ingesting murican media, and talking exclusive to Americans, or at least in English. I don't know my own country. I always imagine myself to be in America throughout 99% of the day.

I legitimately don't know the name(s) of my country's leader(s).
>>
File: 1441886423340.jpg (96 KB, 309x550) Image search: [Google]
1441886423340.jpg
96 KB, 309x550
>>28410453
To make humanity enter a road to prosperity and a bright future.
I am afraid we're too far gone. Humanity as we know will go extinct in 2 generations.
>>
>>28425156
Do you mean in a religious manner? Please explain.
>>
get a good job in medicine, acquire loyal qt 3.14 who bears me many happy children, maybe move to America when trump wins

this as well >>28425156
>>
>>28423417
Putting a book on Amazon is pretty simple. Just takes a book cover, which you can pay for on Fiverr, then converting your document into the right kind of file, which you can also pay for if you can't figure it out.

My point being that it doesn't necessarily take a ton of money. The biggest cost could be editing. But you can self-edit using Grammarly for way, way less.

Once your book is on Amazon, at least it's out there. Sure it could get buried if you don't promote it but even then someone might read it.
>>
One true dream would be to significantly contribute to anti aging science via genetic engineering.

More realistic dream is med school for neurology or psychiatry.
>>
File: camus sartre.jpg (152 KB, 1449x1060) Image search: [Google]
camus sartre.jpg
152 KB, 1449x1060
Marry my oneitis and/or win the Nobel prize for literature.
The second dream is probably easier to achieve.
>>
File: 1446002859681.jpg (296 KB, 1115x1386) Image search: [Google]
1446002859681.jpg
296 KB, 1115x1386
>>28425222
Western civilisation is falling. Islam will flood the world and set it back for centuries. I'm sure that by 2100 some kind of Islam reformist movement will be created but it will be too late.

All started with discovery of nuclear energy. A-bombs stopped any great scale wars from breking out. Wars were a thing that forged empires. War created sense of duty in citizens. War always fueled inventions.

Without wars western countires withered. They became full of guilt. They started "helping" other, poorer countries but truth is that they only fueled their extinction.

Blacks and sandniggers will flood the world and now there is nothing to be done about it. Or at least there is nothing that governments will do.

When I was a kid I thought I will live on mars. Funny thing that nobody for the next centuries will do that.
>>
>>28410453
im 23 years old and im about to fail my fucking retail management degree in about a week. Soon i will have failed 2 courses of a total of 6 years with nothing to show for it. Depression keeps me in this small ass room. My insecurity complex is enormous. Women dont even look at me, im overweight with some stretchmarks.
Since a few months even videogames and movies do not do anything for me anymore. I just feel bitter, empty and useless all the time lately.

And in a few hours i go back to sleep to wake up to a whole new week of working for mr goldberg and hearing all the chads at work telling about their acomplishments, holiday plans, which girl they fucked during the weekends etc. And after that its just going back to my box of depression were i will binge some episodes of Stargate SG-1 whereafter the days just go in this same cycle over and over again.

Im just so fucking sick of it. When will things improve? when will this hell end? when will i stop having all these sick depressing thoughts?

If i truely would discribe my true dream it would be that i could have the courage to just sell of all my shit and just walk this earth free from everything. but for that dream to begin this nightmare has to end first
>>
>>28425601
I'm a black sandnigger but I have to agree with you. I live in western society and hate how it is so intent on being the "good guy" while completely ignoring their own people. There is literally nothing positive about immigration 99% of the time, unless those people truly have something to add to society. And even if you help people from Syria and such, you have to be very resolute about sending them back when the war ends.

But it's not going to happen. Shit about cultural diversity and discrimination is going to be made up when the time eventually comes to send them back, and they'll be allowed to stay. And they'll insist on bringing their culture to this society. And even though that culture in itself is pretty insane, especially today, they'll rely on westerners to keep society peaceful and prosperous while they keep pulling more and more of that same culture that pushed them out, into the country.

Eventually countries like Europe will become Arabia #2. It's literally inevitable. Hell, in a lot of European countries they have more mosques than churches. What the fuck is that about, you white fucks? Can't you even protect your own fucking history?

Foreigners will act with violence and the faggots of today's society will bow down to them in an act of "kindness". And they'll spit on you and call you disgusting pigs. It's your own fault though. If I wasn't such a recluse I'd probably form an organization to try and combat this shit or w/e. Too bad I don't have hitler-tier speech level.

>tfw charisma = -1
>>
>>28410453
Humankind becoming free from the yoke of the Jewish bankers and plutocrats that rule from the City and from Wall Street.
>>
File: me babby.jpg (6 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
me babby.jpg
6 KB, 325x325
>>28425933
holy shit, are you me?

>despised by both sides
>too autistic to actually do something
>>
>>28425793
>im 23 years old and im about to fail my fucking retail management degree in about a week. Soon i will have failed 2 courses of a total of 6 years with nothing to show for it. Depression keeps me in this small ass room. My insecurity complex is enormous. Women dont even look at me, im overweight with some stretchmarks.
Since a few months even videogames and movies do not do anything for me anymore. I just feel bitter, empty and useless all the time lately.
Describes me 99%. I'm not 23, and I'm failing my programming courses instead of retail management, but the rest is spot-on.

>which girl they fucked during the weekends etc
I know a german chad who has a 9/10 gf WHO KNOWS HE'S FUCKING OTHER GIRLS AND LETS HIM GET AWAY WITH IT. I can't even fucking fathom how his life must be. I'm the bottom scum of the bottom scum, and he has one of the hottest fucking girls on his arms, who is okay with him fucking other girls.

It's fucking bizarre how big the differences between people can be.

>If i truely would discribe my true dream it would be that i could have the courage to just sell of all my shit and just walk this earth free from everything. but for that dream to begin this nightmare has to end first
Preach it to the fucking choir buddy. If I didn't have family, and my body wasn't such shit, I would be outta here. Just fucking forsake everything and not live with all the god damn stresses being pushed on me left and right.

I would probably get bitten by a squirrel with rabies and die within the first day though. I wish I wasn't such a massive moron.
>>
File: 1427233675446.png (2 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
1427233675446.png
2 MB, 1920x1040
>>28412861
good post famalamie

art's for fags tho
>>
>>28420170
>>28417727
yo dog is you still here?
>>
>>28425601
"Helping" poor countries actually hurts them more in the long run. They just end up with more people than they can afford to feed, and degenerate political ideas like democracy that drag them into continous war.
>>
>>28426016
a lot of them aren't even jews
>>
File: 1462666497903.jpg (326 KB, 1293x1407) Image search: [Google]
1462666497903.jpg
326 KB, 1293x1407
>>28426313
Ever heard of George Soros or the Rothschilds, fuckboi?
>>
to die or find enjoyment of some kind
>>
>>28426155
guy you replied to here. I just wish for a moment of 'niceness' in my life. like i am so desperate at the moment that even when the pizza couries says 'have anice evening' is enough for me to feel a bit happy.

Why is live so shit? i remember when i was 16 and in highschool i always thought life would get better after highschool. turns out it only got harder from there.

Why cant we have something nice?
>>
>>28426190
>arts for fags tho
And good for nothings. Hence, I can see it being compatible with robot lifestyle.
>>
>>28425933

Sandnigger but not black. I feel you my bother. I wish I could return to my ancestral homelands but I don't have the money for it (yet). In the meanwhile I try to redpill as many people as I can.

You can make yourself feel better by thinking like this: It's the Jews who are using you and me as instruments, as proxies against the Europeans. Us and the Europeans share the same enemy, the Jews.
>>
>>28426359
Not him, but they all fall under the jurisdiction of the Bilderberg Group, who are all from different political and religious affiliations. The Rockefellers were responsible for much of their financial backing in the first few years after their inception, but jews did not form the group and they still don't comprise the majority of the members today.
>>
>>28426265
The dog is still present, yes. Not for long though.
>>
>>28426393
>i always thought life would get better after highschool. turns out it only got harder from there.
Too real. I thought I would be rich, doing what I love. Instead I'm failing and everyone around me seems better in comparison.

We don't deserve anything nice because we're shit. Damn, family.
>>
File: 1454762204205.png (29 KB, 680x359) Image search: [Google]
1454762204205.png
29 KB, 680x359
I dream of getting enough money to buy some land in a quiet area, where I build a simple but small house with my own hands, with a nice garden and a green house to grow all sorts of plants, vegetables and flowers.
A place where I am left alone, where I can do as I please, finally practice my trumpet all alone and create a world where I can be at peace.

It's not totally impossible but autism is a big obstacle I have to overcome.
Sometimes I feel like giving up but there is a tiny light inside me that keeps reminding me that as long as I live, I have a chance to make any dream a reality.
>>
I'd like that too, but the money part is such an issue. Land isn't cheap, and if you want to make enough to live on your own, you'll either have to make some serious dough in a short time (enough to save tens of thousands every year for several years), or do a wageslave job for 30 years. I don't see how that's possible at all without dying from the inside.

If you have a way, please inform me.
>>
File: 1439318494246.jpg (2 MB, 1900x1796) Image search: [Google]
1439318494246.jpg
2 MB, 1900x1796
>>28427603
>but the money part is such an issue. Land isn't cheap

The greatest issue of them all, I wish I just inherited a million or something from some rich uncle but no, I am lucky enough to be born in a poor as shit family of labourers who always lived on the edge when it comes to finances.
I don't count on presents, or the lottery, I might as well hope that my animu wife falls out of the sky, it isn't going to happen and I will have to work really hard to make this dream a reality.
>>
File: Once in a life time.jpg (53 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Once in a life time.jpg
53 KB, 680x680
To live in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife

And I may ask myself, well...how did I get here?
>>
>>28428118
SAME AS IT EVER WAS
Original as fuck imo
>>
My dream is to pass my finals. Just that. I don't want a gf, I don't want to be happy
>>
>>28427299
gib contact famalamey
>>
>>28427399
you can also hand over contact if you might be so kind
>>
>>28427731
and you

>>28427603
>>28427731
guys be my friend
>>
>>28410453

I just want to be a normie, have a well paying job, a house, a car, a beautiful loving wife, two or three kids, and invite some friends over for barbecue at my backyard on weekends.
>>
>>28410453
i used to want to change the world, invent something, lead a nation, shit like that.

now the only thing that would give me peace is to die and spend eternity in equestria. I know im pretty fucking lame.
>>
>>28414012
hail, mlp brother
>>
File: 1432110364223.jpg (124 KB, 483x466) Image search: [Google]
1432110364223.jpg
124 KB, 483x466
>>28428616
Your comment is appreciated.
Shame I am not at all good at this friendship business.
>>
File: 1377534837210.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1377534837210.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>>28428908
do it anyways fag. do it or ill yell at you
>>
File: feels just.jpg (33 KB, 312x390) Image search: [Google]
feels just.jpg
33 KB, 312x390
My dream is just be a decent programmer, work on something that lets me tell my own stories and all that, and that gives me enough money to buy my hobbies.
Also I want to have a nice family with a decent wife and kids, in a quiet nighborhood.

The thing is that I'm sure I wouldn't be able to reach the skill level to have a decent job at game making, and even then I would hate all the stress.
Also, at my 21 y/o I'm still a virgin and I don't even have friends. I just go to uni and then come back to home. I don't go out and don't talk to other people unless it's about some group practice.

So I don't think that I'll ever fulfill my dreams.
>>
>>28427353
funny thing is EVERYONE in my life does better at the moment than me. My only friend will start his dream at a prestgious film school, my little brother is now in australia for a holiday, my little sister is doing what she lves and i in the prime of her life.

Everyone around me gets their ray of sunlight. In a week i'll have to tell all folks around me about my situation and i'll again be perceived as the failure of the family.
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.