[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im starting college in the fall. i had no friends in high school,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: lehigh.jpg (76 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
lehigh.jpg
76 KB, 500x333
im starting college in the fall. i had no friends in high school, spent 6+ hours every weekday in my bedroom on computer. how do I convince normies I had friends/sex in high school so I can leave the depressing shell of robothood easily?

pic related its where I'm going.
>>
by acting normal.
>>
I was the same as you OP, and for some reason nothing really changed in college no matter how many clubs I went to or social offers I took up

Maybe it will be different for you but don't be discouraged if you find yourself just as miserable after the first year as you were when you started. Hopefully commuting is an option for you, your degree is really what you're paying for.
>>
>>28409638
what does that even mean though friendo. to me normal is inside all day
>>
>>28409610
You're already at a huge social disadvantage for how you spent your high school years. Don't just expect shit to get better for you, you have to make an effort to talk to people.
>>
>>28409610
it's pretty much over for you. they will see you have no social media presence and instantly shun you.
>>
yo my brother goes to lehigh. He'll set you up with some babes there senpai
>>
>falling for the educational jew

Should have gone to trade school
>>
>>28409610
>le high
Is that like highschool for redditors?
>>
Are you going to be living on campus? you should be able to make some friends that way. also, do the freshman orientation events to meet some people. show up to your first class ever a bit early and talk to one person waiting outside the class. this is how i met my friends in university.
>>
>>28409610
Dunno I totally failed at becoming normie. Maybe don't live in the dorms (or at least try one with a reputation for being "boring") as a typical dorm is a bit too much culture shock for a shut in.
>>
>>28409800
>kek
>>28409777
do normies really judge people based on social media? I have a facebook, but I never post anything and only update profile pic every 2 years or so. rip me.
>>28409893
yeah, I'll be on campus. will do all of this
>>
>>28409893
to add on, listen to >>28409913. i wanted to break out of the shell so i went with a shared room on a regular floor. i had could do it again, i would have gone for the quiet floor or the tech floor.
>>
File: aiCRNoM.jpg (333 KB, 600x856) Image search: [Google]
aiCRNoM.jpg
333 KB, 600x856
>>28409893
Thanks, anon. I'm going to uni in the fall as well. Nervous as fuck but maybe it'll be what will finally break me out of my shell.

Can this be the /college/ general now?
>>
>>28409610
Once you get a handle on suppressing your permavirgin aura, people will just assume that you've had girlfriends and gotten laid before without you ever saying anything on the matter.
>>
>>28409961
>>28410014
try to join a club if you can and go to the first and second meeting. i guess if you're on 4chan you'll like tech-related clubs. i joined the robotics club and met another robot.
>>
File: 1456503500889.jpg (22 KB, 405x405) Image search: [Google]
1456503500889.jpg
22 KB, 405x405
>>28409610
>tfw grad student and never made a single friend during my undergrad years

Please, OP, save yourself from this fate. Follow the advice of these anons and try your hardest to be sociable
>>
I guess I'm semi normal now, although I was painfully shy in HS.
If you're not buying that because I'm on this site on a Saturday night, it's because I just dumped my drunk ass GF so I'm just chillin at home.
Anyway after HS I mostly got out of my shell by interacting with people at work.
There's just a different dynamic happening in the workplace than there is at school. No clicks, or in crowds.
On job that really helped was bartending because everyone has to interact with you.
Don't think hot nightclub, think more like a VFW hall or something.
Even working at the counter at a sandwich shop or something for the summer would get you mixing with people.
>>
Semi normal here, although in HS I was as akward and shy.
I found the workplace was how I first started coming out of my shell.
Jobsites dont have the same clicks and cool crowds that HS did.
One gig bartending was especially good cause everyone had to interact with you.
Keep in mind I'm not talking the hot spot nightclub, think VFW hall.
Even a summer job in a sandwich shop or something will force you to interact with people.
You'll going to find that strangers off the street are easier to interact with than the douches at school were, who due to the social pecking order mentality, wouldn't want to be seen speaking to you.
>>
>>28409800
Hey I'm going to Lehigh too but I'm a cyborg, so it should be better. hmu

>>28409610
Hey class of 2020 brother, what are you studying?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.