[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here got their teenage years fucked because of strict
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 143913822752.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
143913822752.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
Who else here got their teenage years fucked because of strict parents?
>be me
>be in high school
>can't go anywhere without my parent's permission
>they would drive me everywhere
>they would pick me up from wherever I go
>they wouldn't let me stay at a friend's house past 8
>couldn't stay at any place past 8
>eventually stop going to the places I got invited to because people made fun of me for leaving early
>everyone thinks I'm a fucking loser

Now i have confidence issues and can barely talk to people. And they ask why i don't have a gf
>>
I didn't have anyone to invite me to anything
>>
>>28409391
>waah dude my parents are like so stupid xD why won't they let me party and smoke weed all day xD

Now back to lebbit you go
>>
>>28409391
Its called caring.

You are lucky you had such great patents.
>>
>>28409391
My parents were so good that when I was a teenager I didn't 'party' because I felt bad for them.
I felt like if I drank, smoked or whatever I wouldn't be able to even look at them, like they didn't deserve a son like me. So I never did.
I got invited to a bunch of parties, I went to 2 of them and left early on both because I felt mentally sick to even be there.

They weren't strict or anything, I'm just fucking autistic. I remember wishing they were just bad parents, like alcoholic or anything so I wouldn't feel the need to restrain myself.
>>
>>28409425
>>28409587
Wrong. Parents like these stop you from achiving independence. They basically set you up for failure by taking away
1) your social life and
2) Decision making skills.

It's better to make bad decisions as a kid and recover from them yourself than not be able to take risks as an adult.
>>
>mom spoils you, don't let you do anything
>you grow to be a loser adult
>she blames you for being a loser
>>
File: tmp_26062-1462647778548-10024804.jpg (356 KB, 1214x1239) Image search: [Google]
tmp_26062-1462647778548-10024804.jpg
356 KB, 1214x1239
>>28409391
Totally, so that was 28+ years ago for me, I never developed proper social skills because I was always accused of being rebellious when I ungrounded myself and was always hit, yelled at, and I would even be crying at age 17+ (mind you I was abused from youth so this was like over 10 years). I was an only child as well until 10, and me having on my baby sister didn't help out either.

This has created deeply rooted trust issues. And people around me wonder how I can be such a nice guy one second and basically write off people with no warning in another second. My recent a tint of ignoring my folks is now at about a year and a half, there was one time I went probably 5 years not talking to them too.

Funny how it starts I may talk with the , feel slightly better, then realize how they JUST'd me and say fuck these guys I'm done.

I do the same thing with people I know.. they get it because there's certain traits I just don't like. Like not paying me back, or asking me about my stuff, or what I do for a living. None of your fucking business... I didn't ask you about your Ford focus, don't ask me about my bike.

The other day I told a chick off in the bar, and 2 Harley riders were like wtf? I'm alpha as fuck when it comes to my bike.

These are small examples of how my parents from the age of 7-18 fucked my life up. 24 years later I'm ready to "ENOUGH!"
>>
>>28410663
Story of my life

Original
>>
parents took my keyboard, both mice, headphones, and dvi cable two months ago. havent seen them since. lost a good k70 and m65
>>
File: 1461216563110.gif (182 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1461216563110.gif
182 KB, 633x758
>mom encouraged me to make friends and go places
>was happy to drop me off anywhere or let me go anywhere
>wasn't strict about how long I could stay out, she just wanted me to make friends
>still ended up a shut-in loser

If it's any consolation to you guys, you would have ended up like this no matter what your parents did. We were destined to be like this.
>>
>>28410249
>>28409391
>>28410663
i know these feels

funnily enough younger siblings in this situation get a much less harsh treatment and more freedom
>>
>>28411362
Maybe I guess. They should have added a mental stigma about going out, making friends, etc. When you enjoyed more time at school than at home, that should tell you all you need to know.
>>
>>28409391
>be me in elementary school
>parents forbid me to take sex ed
>they didn't give me the 'birds and the bees' speech
>they handed me a book from the 1980s regarding sexual education
>i sucked at reading, so it went completely over my head
>parents never gave me any advice on girls fucking ever

at least i played football in high school, so I got to live the varsity football player america dream.
>>
File: IMG_3408.jpg (142 KB, 789x721) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3408.jpg
142 KB, 789x721
>>28409391
>>28410249
>>28410663
damn anon all these hit too close to home, especially tonight

>they always told me "the only thing you gotta do is study" so they never let me out on weekdays
>on weekends I could go out sometimes but they would always pick me up early
>stopped telling them to let me go to most parties since I know they wouldn't let me
>I was always a shut-in but all this only made it worse
>22 now, I still live with them and can go out almost anytime I want, but I barely have any friends and since I've always been used to be home I rarely go out
>whenever I do go out I end up hating it cause I can't properly communicate with people and I always end up spaghettin' everywhere
>can't form proper work connections since it requires human interaction
>the thoughts or offing myself are getting stronger everyday

most days I don't feel like trying anymore, it's so hard to connect with people and I hate it. I'll probably end up friendless eventually
>>
>>28411362
are you me?

>was never really bullied
>was basicly friends with everyone in 10th grade
>never saw them again
>stuck with a few old friends
>still a total fucking shut-in loser
>got a job at a pizza place fml
>>
I wasn't given obscene restrictions like many others have but in return I grew up in literal poverty. You don't have friends when you're the poor kid and you can't drive places whenever you want (gas costs money, y'know) or you can't afford to go wherever people you know go to.
>>
My parents used to ask for my friends parents names, cell phone numbers, home and email addresses just in case something happened to me. Then I stopped hanging out with my friends.
>>
>>28411467
at least they're not complaining how you never go out and how you don't have a gf, right?
>>
>>28411362
literally me tbhonestly fampai
>>
You were in highschool senpai you weren't supposed to listen to your parents
>>
>>28411645
They have never told me anything about gfs but I know deep inside they're disappointed about it, and probably think I'm gay as fuck. At least my normie little brother makes up for it.

They do complain about the fact that I can't achieve independece, even tho it's mainly because they always gave me everything and I didn't have to do shit for it, I still do to this day, and I'm trying to change it, but you can't just unfuck your life after living like that for so many years.
>>
My parents told me in before high school, "We don't care what you do. Just no alcohol, drugs, kids or getting arrested"

Do you know what I did?

Jack shit.

By the end of 9th grade they were finding out about parties that everyone was invited to and asking if I needed a ride. Or asking if I need money for dates or interested in anyone at all.
>>
>>28409391
>my mom gives full freedom
>use it to play vidya all day
>become a loser
JEST OF THE CENTURY
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.