[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is being introverted suddenly the hip, cool thing that everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 1280270651463.jpg (79 KB, 493x453) Image search: [Google]
1280270651463.jpg
79 KB, 493x453
Why is being introverted suddenly the hip, cool thing that everyone wants to flaunt?
>>
Extroverts were hype for too long. They're not original or different anymore, just a recycled character.
Introverts are interesting cause they were never the trend before. Better ride the hype while it lasts.
>>
It's a just a trend, like so many other trends which have come and gone
>>
>>28409366
Because being an introvert implies that you have intelligence, like you save your words for something important.
>>
>>28409366
It's hip now? Where do I go to see what's in?
>>
>>28409366
It all links back to intelligence.

Media has coupled happiness with ignorance and idiocy. The "introvert" who suffers and spends all their time alone is always shown to be more wise and interesting. It's also self-sustaining; if you believe that being alone makes you better than other people then you're more inclined to crawl deeper into isolation.

In my opinion social people are probably more intelligent than the average introvert. It takes a lot of skill to navigate through and maintain friendships with many people.
>>
>>28409366
>>28409397
>its suddenly hip to be introverted
Bull fucking shit, extroverts are still the ones who get all of the attention while we introverts are ignored by the rest of society.
>>
>>28409397
Do you think sensing or perceiving types will ever be the hype?
>>
introversion is trend. it's a fashion statement. depression, social anxiety, shyness, quiet, introverted - it's all a fucking meme trend fashion statement ruined by people who want to be special snowflakes craving attention
>>
>>28409463
It's not cool to actually be introverted, it's cool to claim you're socially awkward on social media while you party every weekend and have lots of casual sex. Normalfags love playing as the underdog. Depression is cool, anxiety is cool, introversion's cool. None of them are actually any of these things, though. Search Youtube for "anxiety" and see the normie shit that pops up, for example
>>
>>28409366
>suddenly
It came when nerd culture became cool. And so introversion and social anxiety also became cool.
>>
>>28409545
Pretty much. It's all fun and games for those who claim to be weird, nerdy, anxious, depressed, quiet, because they rarely ever are. It is simply a trend. People who are truly these things do not receive any street cred for it.
>>
>>28409477
>quoting MBTI

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>28409702
street cred? they get fucked by it. Tell a normie you have anxiety and cant go to college because of it they'll tell its okay and its not that ba dand they have it too and you just gotta go out and be yourself. If you insist they'll call you a weak faggot who just wants to whine and not solve your problems.
even on r9k there's a normie doing this every now and then
>>
>>28409768
>every now and then

try every other post. r9k has been a normie paradise for 2+ years
>>
>>28409366
>Why is being introverted suddenly the hip
No.
All those 'introverts' are actually just guys who aren't sports jocks but are still able to talk and have social abilities.
>>
>>28409366
maybe its because a lot of people that feel introverted fake being extroverted
or maybe they just figured out a lot of people are judgemental shitheads for unnecessary reasons.
>>
File: 1461611166600.jpg (94 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
1461611166600.jpg
94 KB, 800x670
>>28409456
Oh. I wish you hadn't said that. But I needed to hear it.
>>
File: 1443140918359.gif (34 KB, 800x399) Image search: [Google]
1443140918359.gif
34 KB, 800x399
>>28409366
>im an introverted extrovert :DDD
>>
File: Feel.jpg (242 KB, 650x842) Image search: [Google]
Feel.jpg
242 KB, 650x842
>all of high school I'm quiet
>anon why are you so quiet?
>now in college
>want friends, but nobody talks to me
>try striking conversations with colleagues
>they just give me short responses like "good" and "OK"
>get a girls number
>doesn't respond to messages

Why, I am quiet and everybody thinks it's weird, and now I try not to be and nobody is around to talk with except for anons.
>>
>>28410082
People don't actually want to interact with you when they point out you're quiet. They just want to point it out for their own amusement.

Also, you probably unconsciously exude self-consciousness. Your beta aura turns people off
>>
>>28410204
But I'm not beta, I'm just quiet. I actually got into a debate with most of my colleagues about politics, and didn't back down like a beta even though I am the only one who is conservative.

I wasn't rude to them or anything either so I don't see why they would dislike me.
>>
>>28410082
people who are true introverts and have social anxiety are weird to normies. normies just like other normies with the basic bitch versions of introversion and mental problems.

it's all a meme
>>
>>28410082

Have you tried one word answers?
>>
File: dealwithit4.gif (1 MB, 311x320) Image search: [Google]
dealwithit4.gif
1 MB, 311x320
>>28410036
actual introverted extrovert here.
I am neither drained or energized by being alone or hanging out with people.
deal with it bitch nigga.
>>
>>28410359
>actual introverted extrovert here.

unironically kill yourself tonight
>>
>>28410359
go fuck yourself you stupid cunt. are you a retarded genius too
>>
>>28410359
>"_____ here"
>"deal with it"

Reddit: the post
>>
>>28409768
true post is true
>>
It's because normies think introversion just means quiet and mysterious rather than being vampirically drained by the mere presence of others.
>>
File: staymad.webm (1 MB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
staymad.webm
1 MB, 300x226
>>28410509
>>28410490
>>28410478
>autists unable to adapt to isolation or social situations
stay mad
>>
>>28409366
because they like looking quirky and different

they are disgusted by real introverts and think low of them and give them looks
>>
>>28409366
>Haha I mean I'm really good at talking to people and I like being around them, but I get so tired after a while. Omg, anon, did you know that being introverted doesn't mean you're shy, it just means you get ENERGY from being alone! I guess you could say I'm an introvert like you, haha!

Ok, maybe, technically, bitch, but you're nothing like me. I actually hate the term introvert, because almost everyone can claim to be an introvert to some extent.
>>
>>28410586
>I actually hate the term introvert, because almost everyone can claim to be an introvert to some extent.

same with anxiety and depression

I've grown tired of the introvert meme they don't even know real introverts because real introverts never look at or engage them in any way.
>>
>>28409456
>It takes a lot of skill to navigate through and maintain friendships with many people.
Not at all, no. It's profoundly simple. The dumbest chads with the least self awareness are the ones with the most friends.
>>
>>28410082
They can smell the beta aspie from you. Give up, you'll never be one of them.
>>
i dont know, its shit
i am not good at social interaction and i pretty much avoid it even with online people
it feels really bad and i dont like it
people just make me really irritated really easy
>>
>>28409366
You can't flaunt introversion
Flaunting is extroverting
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.