[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What side do you part your hair, robots? I'm conducting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: carter.png (224 KB, 600x328) Image search: [Google]
carter.png
224 KB, 600x328
What side do you part your hair, robots? I'm conducting an experiment purely out of curiosity. For reference what side you part your hair is the opposite of what you see in the mirror. For example in pic related, the picture of Carter on the left is an example of a right hair part and the picture on the right is an example of a left part.
>>
Right part. Mainly because the left side of my hairline is 1/2-3/4ths of an inch more receded than my right.
>>
I'm bald. Pump a rum

Pickle pee
>>
Looks like a zig zag up the middle right now.
>>
>>28408153
I'm black, so nowhere.
>>
No it doesn't you have the wrong guy

:(
>>
Why I'm asking is because I recently read about this theory called, "the hair part theory," here is a pdf explaining further https://hairparttheory.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/hairparttheoryc2001tmcinc.pdf

Basically the theory posits that men who part their hair on the right side of their head are subconsciously seen as more feminine and untrustworthy, while those who part on the ;eft are seen as more traditionally masculine. The reason why is not entirely explained, mostly it is just said that women are more likely to part on the right and also the right hemisphere of the brain is associated with more feminine attributes while the left is associated with logic and reason--traditionally masculine. So, men who part on the right would be giving contradictory signals to other people, worsening their social standing.

Now I thought at first that this was silly, but the evidence is actually really solid. One being that only six American presidents have had right parts and of those six, three have been seen as some of the worst, most incompetent presidents we have had. Another piece of evidence given is the number of US senators, a number just as slanted and unequal.
>>
>>28408153
Part on the left, brush to the right. Objectively the best
>>
File: SESORA-SUPERMAN.jpg (111 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
SESORA-SUPERMAN.jpg
111 KB, 400x300
Interesting note many actors have changed their hair part for different roles. For example, my last pic was of Ryan Gosling who changed his part to the right in Lars and the real girl, in which he plays a beta nerd and Christopher Reeves who changed his hair part from a right part as the beta Clark Kent to a left part to play the alpha superman.

I myself just recently changed my hair part form the right to the left. I'm now thinking that maybe throughout my teenage years I was sending subconscious beta signals. It's too soon to tell if my life will change in any way, but I thought why not?
>>
>>28408476
Mine has always been this way, couldn't part it the opposite way even if I wanted to.
>>
>>28408153
Right part
>>
>>28408153
I have curly hair. It cannot part.
>>
always parted on the left, couldn't part it on the other side unless i spent a week working on it
>>
>>28408153
what do you mean what side? my left and right? or your left and right?
>>
Down the middle.
>>
>>28408153
parts from my left
>>
File: kornheiser autism.jpg (72 KB, 470x747) Image search: [Google]
kornheiser autism.jpg
72 KB, 470x747
>>28408153
>What side do you part your hair, robots?
>parting it on any side
>>
File: 1460173194153.jpg (368 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
1460173194153.jpg
368 KB, 840x700
I can't part my hair because I'm a jew.
>>
>>28408623
I explained in the op. The pic of Jimmy Carter for example, the jimmy on the left has a right part, the carter on hte right has a left part. Just look at a photo of yourself and whatever side your hair goes is your part. In a mirror it is reversed, however, if your hair looks like it is parted on the left it is seen as a right part to other people and vice versa.
If you look in a mirror it is reversed
>>
>>28408245
>>28408568
I used to part on the right, I switched to the left because of what I explained in this post >>28408416
>>
>>28408603
>>28408523
This. I part from my left and can't change it
>>
on the left
i'll start parting in on the right now because you said it looks more feminine somehow
>>
>>28408834
Why would you want that unless you are a woman?
>>
File: 1462673790615.jpg (30 KB, 529x351) Image search: [Google]
1462673790615.jpg
30 KB, 529x351
>>28408416
you image is of zero support

this shit does not matter much if at all
>>
>>28408842
i want to be seen as cute and untrustworthy
>>
>>28408844
I admit I was skeptical at first, but have you seen the evidence? Why have there only been six US presidents who have parted their hair to the right and why have most of them been seen retrospectively as bad presidents? I don't remember all of the stats but they are there, just look at the pdf I posted.
>>
>>28408153
I part my hair to the left; for whatever reason, my bangs dry in a more straight, neat manner whenever my hair is parted left.
>>
>>28408153
I just let fall down like an autist
If I need to part them I kind of do it down the center, tucking the hair behind my ears. Then when it gets unbearable I get it cut super short. I'm currently in my shorter phase.
>>
>>28408862
why?

sooooo unique senpai
>>
>>28408153
I've always had the Continental part (on the left). It just feels more natural. I honestly think it is objectively the best side to part your hair.
>>
>right part
Any lefties GTFO
>>
Both

But my hair is just fluff so you really can't tell
>>
>>28408416
Piece of shit

http://www.livescience.com/39373-left-brain-right-brain-myth.html
>>
>>28408153
I part it to the right, but to the left for pictures, idk it makes my facial features come together nicer. I'm not hiding like a deformed eye or anything.
>>
>>28408988
omg i just took a shower and parted my hair on the left, i look like 10% more adorbz
ty for this awesome lifehack anon!
>>
File: 1462227842477.jpg (85 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1462227842477.jpg
85 KB, 680x680
>>28408153
>parting hair
>combing hair
>washing your hair
>cutting your hair

Normies everywhere.
>>
Both. I'll brush it to one side for a few months. My hair gets used to it and gets flat or whatever and I brush it the other way for a few months.
>>
>>28408153
Both sides and middle, but right more often than left.
>>
>>28408153
I don't part my hair. I let it fall straight down the front of my head. I can part it to the left if I want, though.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.