[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
suicide by nicotine patches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
What would happen if I put 30 or 40 nicotine patches on my body? Would it be a painless death?
>>
>>28405933
>What would happen if I put 30 or 40 nicotine patches on my body?
Probably not quite enough. The LD50 is around 500-1000mg delivered instantaneously!
>Would it be a painless death?
Certainly not
Nicotine poisoning tends to produce symptoms that follow a biphasic pattern. The initial symptoms are mainly due to stimulatory effects and include nausea and vomiting, excessive salivation, abdominal pain, pallor, sweating, hypertension, tachycardia, ataxia, tremor, headache, dizziness, muscle fasciculations, and seizures.[4] After the initial stimulatory phase, a later period of depressor effects can occur and may include symptoms of hypotension and bradycardia, central nervous system depression, coma, muscular weakness and/or paralysis, with difficulty breathing or respiratory failure.[1][4][25][26]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine_poisoning

One of the worst ways to go.
>>
>>28405933
You will go really really super fast
>>
It would be safer to just take 30-40 cigarettes, crush em up, put them in a coffee maker, boil off the water after the cig juice is extracted, then take the nicotine/formaldehyde/etc syrup in an eye dropper and put it in your cup of joe.
It'll kill you and you won't even taste it. or see it in your coffee.
>>
no but you might quit smoking three months early
>>
You'd puke, have rapid pulse, probably pass out in an hour. It would be pretty horrible. You might get lucky and die, but it sure as fuck wouldn't be painless.
>>
>>28406002
If its enough nic to kill you then you will definitely feel that on your tongue and taste it.
>>
>>28405933
>What would happen if I put 30 or 40 nicotine patches on my body?
No.
>Would it be a painless death?
No. It would be completely fucking unbearably awful. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine_poisoning.
>>
>>28406044
>>28405998

ITT: faggots answering questions by linking to wikipedia like we are on reddit
>>
>>28405933
I've had nicotine poisoning a couple times before. It's fucking dreadful. It's like being hit on the head with a hammer whilst throwing up bleach. Would not recommend
>>
File: 1462552213856.jpg (9 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
1462552213856.jpg
9 KB, 197x256
>>28406144
>hurr durr only redditors provide the sources of their information!!11!!
>only TRUE 4channers spout total bullshit and don't back it up
You are so stupid it hurts
>>
>>28406144
>implying there's anyone here normie enough to not only get into med school but graduate from med school
>>
>>28405933
poisoning is never painless without painkillers.
>>
>>28406041
the idea is that the cofee should overpower the taste and the toxin will get spread out in the coffee solution. As long as the whole cofee cup is drank, it'll work.
>>
>>28406331
It depends on how you define poison

20 grams of Pentobarbital is definitely painless. It's the standard for euthanasia in Switzerland and the Netherlands.

Pure noble gases like Nitrogen are also painless.
>>
>>28406231
This, nicotine poisoning us awful. So dizzy you can hardly stand, heart racing, vomiting all over myself, muscles so weak you don't have the strength to lift your arms
>>
>>28406589
>Pentobarbital

the lethal dosis is dosed when you're already sleeping so you won't choke. Try doing that yourself

>Nitrogen

only painless if you don't know about your fate. You will gasp for air before passing out
>>
>>28406820
>the lethal dosis is dosed when you're already sleeping so you won't choke.
Wrong. Pentobarbital alone is completely safe and has been used hundreds of times by the Swiss euthanasia organization.[1]

>You will gasp for air before passing out
Wrong. The suffocation reflex isn't triggered when CO2 is absent.[1][2]

[1] Final Exit: The Practicalities of Self-Deliverance and Assisted Suicide for the Dying, 1991, by Derek Humphry
[2] BBC "Horizon" How to Kill a Human Being
>>
>>28406231
Can you get nicotine poisoning from dip, cause my buddy let me try some and I puked, but I just thought the tobacco was the catalyst cause I was already sick.
>>
>>28406883
>Wrong. Pentobarbital alone is completely safe and has been used hundreds of times by the Swiss euthanasia organization.[1]

I didn't say it's not safe but giving it in one lethal dose will end up in suffocation instead of sleep and suffocation

>Wrong. The suffocation reflex isn't triggered when CO2 is absent.[1][2]

If you actually know that you are in low oxygen condition and you are getting sleepy you will try to change that. It might not be physically painful but mentally it will fuck you up.

also wikipediaposting is for redditors
>>
>>28406144
Looks like we've got a Reddit expert on our hands.
>>
>>28407049
He posted two links that weren't Wikipedia you fucking faggot. Why don't you try reading them instead of blindly defending your misconceptions?
>>
>>28407095

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddit
>>
>>28407238
Do you even know what a link is? But go on kill yourself with nitrogen
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.